Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Great for students; not so much for employees
Director, Accounting and Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 28, 2016
What do you call a king who becomes A-B Tech's President? ...a megalomaniac CEO is irresponsible when it comes to fiscal management. He knows so little about the overall operations that he blindly accepts information/data provided by his leadership team; otherwise, he is blowing them off altogether.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
CEO who is forgetul and running the college into the ground, Board of Trustees stick their heads in the sand
College Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 7, 2016
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College is a very good school. I was able to greatly enhance my knowledge of calibration and process controls instrumentation.
Pros
I was paid by the Veterans Administration to attend school full time.
Great place to learn and work
Computer Lab Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 3, 2015
It is a great place to learn and work. It experience provided me great self confidence The school provided the knowledge I needed to be successful at my next job
Pros
This was a supportive learning environment, I loved my teachers and my boss. they were very supportive
Cons
There was did not have enough resources set in place to help you find a job placement, None was provided for me
Great place to teach
Instructor Business Administration (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 2, 2015
However, hard to be promoted due to state budget constraints. The students are top notch in the business school and it's a pleasure to educate them.
Pros
Students are open and receptive
Cons
No pay raise since 1996 due to state politics.
Current employee department chair
department chair (Former Employee) –  instructionMarch 10, 2015
The new management cares little for its employees. A typical work week will include working 50 plus hours while getting paid for 40. Be prepared to document everything you do to prevent someone else from getting you in trouble.
Pros
you meet lots of people
Cons
be prepaired to look for work else where.
Productive, positive education environment
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Western North Carolina Hospitals (clinical sites)August 12, 2013
I have been a clinical Instructor for AB Tech since 2010 and want to further my career. I have been a CST for Mission Hospitals since 2009 and would like to teach the skills I have learned to the students. Sterile Technique is something that I hold very high and want to teach others to practice the same for a positive surgical experience to all patients.
Open environment to persue career development.
Instructor, Hybrid (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 9, 2014
Free environment to develop, implement, and measure new ways of teaching.
great place to work
janitor (Former Employee) –  asheville,ncMarch 12, 2013
Was a fun place to work with a relax inviroment. lost job due to cut back
Pros
good place to work with great benifits
Resourceful Training
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 11, 2013
This technical college allowed for me to gain a good foundation in ArcGIS applications.