Asheville Health Care Center Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Nice Work Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCJune 25, 2017
I enjoyed the residents and also the workers. I feel like a good and positive environment is always good to work in. The fact of liking to help others is always a plus.
CNA/residents ratio 1/33. un-caring nurses, no team work, extremely heaving lifting
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCMay 31, 2017
Run away. At AHC you get no training in regards to the residents your put on the floor to find your on way and if you mess up your history. Many times 2 CNAs to 100 residents.. Very high CNA turnover... Good pay but NOT worth the risk...
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
No team work, mostly work alone taking care of min of 33 residents or more. Uncaring nurses...
If the shoe doesn't fit...
Charge Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCMay 15, 2017
The first thing that caught my attention is the low pay. RNs make $19/ hr. The second thing I noticed is their anti-union stance, and yes, they are definitely anti-union, and they even say as much on one of the training films that new hires are obligated to watch.

There was a lot of tension between managers. Some managers had been there for many years and rejected new ideas from new management. There was no sense of teamwork or camaraderie, either between managers, or even between nurses.

The suggestion of implementing evidence-based nursing was rejected.

I would recommend that anyone considering working for this organization reflect on the very real possibility that you, as an RN, may be out there on your own, with coworkers who really don't care about teamwork.

Plus, you may come very close to losing your license at this place.
...if you don't lose it altogether.
Pros
Good benefits, including healthcare
Cons
Lack of inter-professional collaboration
RN (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 9, 2017
The management is now very organized and willing to help and listen. All of the employees work as a team and are very helpful. Pay is great along with benefits. A very resident care focused placed to work as well as they take care of their employees!!
overall, would recommend as a good place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCAugust 4, 2016
In my experience working at AHCC, the staff has a good working relationship that really emphasizes the importance of teamwork. Typical workday can surely be stressful at times, but all healthcare jobs can be! Fellow nurses and CNAs always pull together to get the job done in a fun-loving way. Also, MFA is a strong organization with a seemingly good reputation.
Rewarding place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 4, 2016
This is a very challenging job, there are many helpful and nice coworkers that help you along the way. They are very patient with you when first starting as a new employee and allow you enough time to learn the routine before going on the floor on your own. The residents are very happy and clean and are very well cared for by the staff. It shows when you walk in the door of the facility. No bad odors are smelled and residents are smiling in the hallways, very well dressed and ready to start their day. There is great team work amongst staff on the floor and from department heads who make time to help when needed. The hardest part of the job is to give each resident assigned equal time and care before your shift is over. The most enjoyable part is returning the next day to work and hearing the residents smiling at you and letting you know how appreciative they are of the care they receive.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, adequate time off and PTO time.
Cons
Not enough staff meetings, opportunity for advancement is minimal and not offered.
Great team to work with
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 2, 2016
This facility has a great group of team members. If ever a problem occurs, it is solved professionally and efficiently. The compassion that each team member has for the residents shows through their hard work and willingness to create a bond with the residents. Everyone is always willing to help each other, creating a great environment to work in.
Very family oriented and supportive
RN (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 9, 2015
I found the management staff to be proficient, organized, understanding and they truly love long term care and the residents. They inspired me to be better and do more. The nurses and CNA's seem to honestly care about the residents and many have been there for years.

The hardest part of the job was wanting to do more than I had the energy for. I love these people and wanted to do more. I have a hard time saying no, but that's my stuff.

I loved the way everyone pulled together when call outs or bad weather happened and took care of the residents.
Pros
The food is great.
Cons
As with any job in health care, it can be demanding at times.
Wonderful Facility
RN (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCDecember 20, 2014
This is a facility that is full of love and compassion for the residents that reside their. Just like any facility there are always places that can be improved. The staff love the residents and care for them like their family. We have a very tight relationship between the staff family as well as the residential family. I am blessed to have been able to be a part of this group. I wish the best for the facility and all of the awesome employees there as well as the residents
Very Demanding work, lots of overtimr
LPN CHARGE (Current Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCAugust 28, 2014
The work is very demanding, The overtime is eminent. They are always understaffed. The pay is very good but you are on your feet most of the time and have to skip breaks if you are job conscious at all. The computer work and paper work is also massive at times. I leave here very tired every day. They need a ward secretary to reduce the paperwork and computer work load on the nurses.
Pros
Great Pay, Overtime Availible
Cons
Very Demanding work

Want to know more about Asheville Health Care Center?

Ask a question
Very productive play team work a must but it was a family away from home
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville NCJanuary 7, 2012
Working For this company was a joy and I gained alot of experience and moved up as well if I could go back i would love to its where i started my career
Pros
advancements, good health insurance and flexible schedule