Ashland University Employee Reviews

Good team working environment
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  ashland universityAugust 28, 2017
fast paced, project driven work environment. Your design skills and Instructional design knowledge will improve quickly. Close knit team based situation.
It was an adjunct postion
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 24, 2017
There is not much to say. It was an adjunct position. No job security. No benefits. No future. Adjunct work seems to be the wave of the future, but it is distinctly unsatisfying for the adjunct work.
Great place to learn and hone your craft
Counseling Intern, Counselor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 21, 2017
The management is wonderful and always willing to answer questions or give helpful tips or tricks when working with clients. It is a great place to learn how to be a counselor.
Can work on homework when no one is there
Language Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJuly 5, 2017
A typical day depends on the number of people who use the Computer Lab. I learned to be self-sufficient and adaptable. Management would leave you to do your job. The workplace culture was relaxed and trusting. The hardest part would be unexpected difficulties arising. The most enjoyable part was the understanding of management of us as students.
Pros
Can do homework when no one is there
Cons
May have to deal with problems on own that you weren't trained for
Excellent Higher Education Institution that promotes professional development and growth
Higher Education (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 9, 2017
Ashland is committed to leading students to become industry leaders. Accent on the Individual applies to students, faculty, staff and administration at Ashland University.
I had the best college experience
Co-Leader of Curriculum Proposal, Student Senate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 27, 2017
This little university tucked away in the Ohio countryside has so much available, an elite political science program called the Ashbrook Program, an incredible workout facility, and at the time I went, a great Honors Program. Personable professors and an incredible nurturing environment for growing minds.
Productive and healthy culture environment to work in.
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 10, 2017
I was lucky that every place I worked had good company culture and environment. Team work was successful most of the times because of strong communication between team memebers.
Pros
There were numerous short breaks
Cons
There was no after hours payment
AU is an exciting place to work.
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 9, 2017
Higher education is undergoing major changes at this time and Ashland University is evolving with the times. Ashland University is focusing its efforts on online and adult education and its corrections program is growing rapidly.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
The declining number of 18-year-olds
AU Athletics
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 3, 2017
Great Program! Does a great job of making more out of less. Hires great people who are true winners.

Definitely some tough obstacles when trying to compete against the large state schools.

Overall largely committed to winning but dollars and cents make it tough sometimes to truly do things right
Work is Worship, All that work takes, I give in.
Student Dining and Eagles, Nest (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 1, 2017
The days were different from the start of the week tot he end. It was busy to keep the time moving. I learned the American way of serving customers. The workplace had good co-workers, well arranged working space, properly assembled furniture ready to keep you busy task. It was hard to cope up at times when there were a lot of customers at the same time. The smiles that end up every task.
Pros
free lunches, care support and a platform.
Cons
too busy at times
Nursing School
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 28, 2017
Fast paced, on your toes learning, a university that pushes you to think and connect dots to provide excellent patient care, and critically think. Provides multiple clinical experiences in each semester to gain hands on care experience and knowledge to apply in the classroom setting.
Fast paced,friendly.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMarch 14, 2017
I enjoyed this job. I especially liked the fast pace of the job. This job was very straight forward. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. It was definately a perk to get free meals and time off during school breaks.
Unfortunately, my husband started a new job and our schedules conflicted with one another. There were no other part time positions available at that time. So, I made the difficult decision to quit so I could be home with my chidren. Family is of utmost importance to me.
Pros
Free meals, summer break
Cons
Not a lot of interaction with customers
Great experience
general athletic internship (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMarch 7, 2017
As a student worker it was a great experience. Got to learn what all went on during a typical sporting event and what all needed to be done during the college game. Work place and management was helpful, caring and just overall great!
Pros
already on campus
Cons
Everyday is a new adventure
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ashland ,OhioFebruary 14, 2017
There is new experience with individual case and problems to deal and that is what makes the job more interesting, New things to learn and grow. Certainly, the job keeps me on the toes
Accent on the Individual
Director of Records & Registration (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHJanuary 27, 2017
This company has many wonderful professionals and the atmosphere is that of a family. I enjoy many opportunities and feel valued as an employee.
Fun Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Good work environment, good supervisor good staff to work with campus is well organized staff is well organized events are well organized campus is well kept
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHDecember 9, 2016
I developed graduate credit educational tours for teachers. I researched, developed daily activities, coordinated all travel amenities, advertised and recruited participants, registered the class members with the University, and evaluated each persons class performance.
AU and the future
Biology Student (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 5, 2016
I was just an intern. My prof and the department I worked for where WONDERFUL! When I arrived, the president was "retiring" and the university was reinstating a new one. Whoever the is running the administration/non-academic side of things needs to get the universities's affairs in order! Crazy amounts of debt, enrollment at an all-time low, and high turnover (good employees jumping ship). They need to realize in order to stay competitive with other colleges and universities, they need to adapt their management to what the rest of the world is doing.
Pros
Great professors, wonderful cleaning staff
Cons
incompetent administration, low moral
ball boy
Game-Day Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 4, 2016
I ran up an down the sidelines giving footballs to the refs so they can keep the game moving. It was fun because I was close to the action of the game.`
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
took up some nights
student
Volunteer and Leadership (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJanuary 25, 2016
It was a great school. The classes were small which made it easier to learn. The teachers were helpful with anything you needed.