Ashland University Employee Reviews

AU and the future
Biology Student (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 5, 2016
I was just an intern. My prof and the department I worked for where WONDERFUL! When I arrived, the president was "retiring" and the university was reinstating a new one. Whoever the is running the administration/non-academic side of things needs to get the universities's affairs in order! Crazy amounts of debt, enrollment at an all-time low, and high turnover (good employees jumping ship). They need to realize in order to stay competitive with other colleges and universities, they need to adapt their management to what the rest of the world is doing.
Pros
Great professors, wonderful cleaning staff
Cons
incompetent administration, low moral
ball boy
Game-Day Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 4, 2016
I ran up an down the sidelines giving footballs to the refs so they can keep the game moving. It was fun because I was close to the action of the game.`
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
took up some nights
Excellent rapport between students and instructor leading to high rate of students' retention
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at work included hours of preparation and extensive research. Instructors received great freedom to choose their materials to work and had a lot of technology available for their work.
Very good benefits and salary contributed to an overall staff satisfaction.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
one hour commute
Still the best
Residence Assistant / Fraternity Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 15, 2014
I currently coach a college sport and have the opportunity to visit college campuses numerous times a year. I'll be honest with you nothing hits me like returning to my Alma Mater.

I had the opportunity to work for Ashland University as a Fraternity Manager (Residence Assistant in the fraternity homes.) The experience was great. It allowed me to truly put my Business Management degree to use in terms of managing a house of 25 young men.

It's a truly incredible experience to walk the campus of Ashland University in the Spring.

The people here are incredibly nice and the staff and professors are highly regarded.

A++
Pros
Beautiful Campus, Great Dining, Great Athletics
Cons
No lacrosse teams
student
Volunteer and Leadership (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJanuary 25, 2016
It was a great school. The classes were small which made it easier to learn. The teachers were helpful with anything you needed.
Productive and fun to work sporting events
Game Managment (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 30, 2015
I personally enjoy this job very much because I love sports and having fun. There are multiple things I do such as working security or selling tickets for the games. The manager is a fun and exciting person who cares a lot for her workers.
Pros
Get to work sporting events
Cons
Not very many games to work
Excellent academic environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 30, 2015
I taught English Lit and Composition for half a year at Ashland, driving about 90 minutes each way to and from Columbus. The students were motivated, and most participated helpfully in class questions and discussions.
Program Director 88.9 WRDL-FM Ashland, OH
Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHMarch 4, 2015
My experience at Ashland University as a student was worthwhile--but it was also much more than that working at the campus radio station 88.9 WRDL in which I had the opportunity to work as the station's Program Director. My time there was full of valuable experience, learning more about the intricate elements of the radio industry. working hands-on for the station, and even growing thoroughly as an on-air personality. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning; there was no limits to this because it was a constant thing.
Enjoyable place to work.
Elementary Statistics Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 18, 2013
I am usually assigned days that I am to tutor anyone that needs help. My peers may come in as they need help and stay during the time that I am assigned for that day so that I can help them with any questions they have regarding their homework. I love that I get to help people and they understand more after they leave. I do not like when I have nobody come to drop in tutoring for help.
Pros
I get to help my peers.
Cons
If nobody shows up for tutoring then I have to wait until my shift is done before I can leave.
Absolutely enjoyable
Sport Marketing/ Game Day Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 11, 2015
I had an outstanding boss who helped make the job more enjoyable than it was. Everyone I worked with was great and I learned a substantial amount during this job. There was no "typical day" because every day brought about new challenges.
New learning experiences every day.
Colonel Crawford Intermediate, Ohio (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OhioMarch 22, 2013
Every day is a new experience, a lot of team work takes place, we brainstorm ways to help the students succeed, and decide what skills need to be focused on and how to best do so. There are many different schedules to keep organized. We try to have the students involved with the rest of the school as much as possible and work to get them involved meaningfully.
One of the best Athletic Schools in Division II
Assistant Coach, Men's Golf Team (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 29, 2013
I only worked part-time for the Ashland Men's Golf Team. The Athletic Director made AU one of the best all-around athletic programs in the nation. The head coach has done a great job recruiting and there's a lot of flexibility at the coaching position for the golf team.
The university is Christian, so it has a good organization.
Visiting and Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 12, 2012
The university emphasizes care for the students. The education is good quality.
Pros
beautiful campus. christian values.
Cons
financial problems. employment insecurity.
nice environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  LCCC campusNovember 9, 2014
I enjoyed assisting the professors and students. It was only a contract job, however I would consider it again if the need arose.
Pros
very friendly office environment
Cons
good first job, free food, not a long term job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 7, 2014
clean dishes and stack them, load and unload dishwasher, put away dishes, take out trash
Pros
free food
Cons
smell like garbage at the end of the shift
Amazing place to work
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 7, 2014
Amazing people work at AU, as well as very bright and polite college students.
Pros
health insuance
Cons
shift preference
A great place to learn
Acct (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OhioFebruary 23, 2014
The educators that you will encounter are phenomenal! The campus life is great! You will be prepared for the real-world upon graduation,
Self Sufficient
Security Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OhioMay 19, 2013
Had to rely on oneself to get the job done. Still had to be assertive when giving others tickets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashland University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3