Ashland University Employee Reviews

Program Director 88.9 WRDL-FM Ashland, OH
Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee), Ashland, OHMarch 4, 2015
My experience at Ashland University as a student was worthwhile--but it was also much more than that working at the campus radio station 88.9 WRDL in which I had the opportunity to work as the station's Program Director. My time there was full of valuable experience, learning more about the intricate elements of the radio industry. working hands-on for the station, and even growing thoroughly as an on-air personality. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning; there was no limits to this because it was a constant thing.
nice environment
Secretary (Former Employee), LCCC campusNovember 9, 2014
Pros: very friendly office environment
I enjoyed assisting the professors and students. It was only a contract job, however I would consider it again if the need arose.
Amazing place to work
Custodian 1 (Former Employee), Ashland, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: health insuance
Cons: shift preference
Amazing people work at AU, as well as very bright and polite college students.
Still the best
Residence Assistant / Fraternity Manager (Former Employee), Ashland, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful campus, great dining, great athletics
Cons: no lacrosse teams
I currently coach a college sport and have the opportunity to visit college campuses numerous times a year. I'll be honest with you nothing hits me like returning to my Alma Mater.

I had the opportunity to work for Ashland University as a Fraternity Manager (Residence Assistant in the fraternity homes.) The experience was great. It allowed me to truly put my Business Management degree to use in terms of managing a house of 25 young men.

It's a truly incredible experience to walk the campus of Ashland University in the Spring.

The people here are incredibly nice and the staff and professors are highly regarded.

A++
good first job, free food, not a long term job
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Ashland, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: smell like garbage at the end of the shift
clean dishes and stack them, load and unload dishwasher, put away dishes, take out trash
A great place to learn
Acct (Former Employee), Ashland, OhioFebruary 23, 2014
The educators that you will encounter are phenomenal! The campus life is great! You will be prepared for the real-world upon graduation,
One of the best Athletic Schools in Division II
Assistant Coach, Men's Golf Team (Former Employee), Ashland, OHJune 29, 2013
I only worked part-time for the Ashland Men's Golf Team. The Athletic Director made AU one of the best all-around athletic programs in the nation. The head coach has done a great job recruiting and there's a lot of flexibility at the coaching position for the golf team.
Self Sufficient
Security Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Ashland, OhioMay 19, 2013
Had to rely on oneself to get the job done. Still had to be assertive when giving others tickets.
Enjoyable place to work.
Elementary Statistics Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Ashland, OHMay 18, 2013
Pros: i get to help my peers.
Cons: if nobody shows up for tutoring then i have to wait until my shift is done before i can leave.
I am usually assigned days that I am to tutor anyone that needs help. My peers may come in as they need help and stay during the time that I am assigned for that day so that I can help them with any questions they have regarding their homework. I love that I get to help people and they understand more after they leave. I do not like when I have nobody come to drop in tutoring for help.
New learning experiences every day.
Colonel Crawford Intermediate, Ohio (Current Employee), Ashland, OhioMarch 22, 2013
Every day is a new experience, a lot of team work takes place, we brainstorm ways to help the students succeed, and decide what skills need to be focused on and how to best do so. There are many different schedules to keep organized. We try to have the students involved with the rest of the school as much as possible and work to get them involved meaningfully.
The university is Christian, so it has a good organization.
Visiting and Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Ashland, OHOctober 12, 2012
Pros: beautiful campus. christian values.
Cons: financial problems. employment insecurity.
The university emphasizes care for the students. The education is good quality.