Ashland Employee Reviews

Great Company, Good People and Management
Sr. Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  Assonet, MAOctober 18, 2017
A very open and honest company to work for. Career opportunities are present and management is very supportive. Training and safety are a priority. Excellent benefits.
Pros
work life balance
Great Company to work for
Safety & Compliance Engineer (EHS Manager) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2017
I loved my position within Ashland and I truely enjoyed working with my counterparts. However, I am passionate about the work I perform and I will always go above and beyond to maintain fairness and honesty. Those that don't share the same philosophy will disrupt a good process to protect themselves.
Not Recomended
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2017
1.A Typical day was awfull

2.I learned you can not consider co workers friends

3.Management is the most corrupt set of people I have ever worked for

4. There are a lot of different types of culture.

5. Knowing that if you report something to corp. like there handbook tells you to do; or keep mouth shut like management want you to do
so not to be terminated after 20 years of loyalty.

6. When it was time to go home
Beautiful office setting and wonderful place to work
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 30, 2017
Worked in Headquarters of company, started out assisting a few officials, as time went on more and more people were retiring, giving me more people to support, and less instructions on how to handle each dept.
Juggling between various Heads of Dept, with their staff was definitely a challenge.
Learned to delegate with others to receive information.
Management was accommodating until the work load became over bearing, no resources.
Hardest part of job, not knowing where to find information, as ones were retiring no one had any instructions. because the company dissolved departments, unbalanced workload.
Worked with worldwide locations, between several different states and countries, responsible for Annual and Quarterly Stock Holders meetings. All news report were carefully and meticulously written for the public eye,requiring late work nights, to get job done correctly.
Enjoyable part of job were the award meetings, the charitable events, and the once a month coffee breakfasts, all of which I was in charge of from beginning to end.
Pros
Great company- employees helpful
Cons
Employees needed more information to complete mission
Quite a nice place to work overall.
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Chili Center, NYMay 16, 2017
Long shifts & few breaks are common, there is little variety but on busy days it went by fast.

They taught leadership skills & vehicular preventative maintenance, as well as customer/hospitality skills.

Management was typical, for the most part they did pretty well, sometimes one hand didn't know what the other was talking about though.

The hardest part of the job was working pit shift for more than 5 hours at a time, in my opinion.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendship between coworkers that developed, we became like a little family after a while.
Pros
Educational opportunities, lenient breaks & management
Cons
Long hours with little variety, not great health insurance.
Ashland
Systems Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 6, 2017
Working at Ashland was challenging at times and what was being ask was interesting. Overall, the Ashland environment was friendly to work in and the benefits can't be bet.
Pros
Benefits and friendship with employees
Cons
Decision making
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 24, 2017
BB&W is a great place to work, expand your knowledge and the benefits of the items they sell. Be the first to try new products and utilizing coupons to maximize the savings.
Pros
Free trial samples
Cons
having customer's steal from you
Volunteered for free
INTERNSHIP/shadow (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAApril 20, 2017
I was shadowing so I did not receive compensation so I cannot say anything about that. The location I was at only had one therapist and a receptionist. I did notice the therapist always had work to take home. Mostly, I just helped around by cleaning, do laundry, observing patients, etc.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
quiet, not busy since there was only one therapist
Overall
Sr. Systems Engineer/Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 12, 2017
Working at Ashland was a very good environmental and uplifting workplace. Sometimes projects would allow for onsite meetings and mostly were onsite with sometimes clients or even support on site.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Performane demanding
Network Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 6, 2017
Very high and demanding of Networking knowledge in a sometime, very fast paced environment. I have worked with people from all over the world and have gained experience in dealing with people from different cultures and various walks of life.
Pros
In the past, it was a very good company
Cons
Not a company I would recommend to a friend anymore
Excellent workplace supporting great employees.
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 19, 2017
Excellent workplace supporting great employees on hardware, software, application, networking, mobile and other technical issues. Daily face-to-face contact for campus and visiting associates to walk in to the tech support Dublin Pit Stop without an appointment and receive on-the-spot technology trouble-shooting, resolution and support for a range of issues - each day provided a new array of opportunities to support Ashland employees.
Great work environment
Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 24, 2017
I was given various task to complete and through these experiences I was able to improve the skills needed for multiple positions.
okay place to work
Master Data Coordinator, Accounting Department, (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 12, 2017
have heard of better companies to work for. Ashland has down-sized every year that I worked there, taking jobs from hard working Americans and sending the jobs over seas to India, China, Mexico and others.
Pros
Nice Benefits
Cons
always looking to cut positions to satisfy shareholders
Good owner to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIJanuary 5, 2017
Long shifts without guaranteed break, physically demanding. Good employees to be around. Pay is under what would be expected for the amount work that is required
what i learned
Technical Support Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MEDecember 28, 2016
Work in a team, generate ideas, be able to make decisions for myself
Pros
Techonologies
Cons
Greater opportunity to remain in the company
Excellent Place to Work
Scientist II, Scientist I, Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 15, 2016
Ashland was such a great place to work, friendly environment, good compensation, and great experience. I got to work with every department on various projects, they gave me training and education to help me in my job.
Fast paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 14, 2016
faced paced outdoor enviroment, strong customer focus, good training to a certain level within the store

Could use more communication from the area managers to the store level
Pros
training
Cons
high turnover
typical work day
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 13, 2016
Typical work day at Ashland Inc. involves interfacing with external partners like banks and establishing effective interfaces for data going to and coming from the partners.
Great Benifits
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Fun people to work with. Pay was very good for the work required. Environment was not rushed. People help you when you ask.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not much room to advance
Friendly Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2016
This is a typical manufacturing site. Good people. One can learn and enjoy working here a lot. The overall experience is like working in a big company, and having a small company feeling.