Ashland Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Master Data Coordinator, Accounting Department, (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 12, 2017
have heard of better companies to work for. Ashland has down-sized every year that I worked there, taking jobs from hard working Americans and sending the jobs over seas to India, China, Mexico and others.
Pros
Nice Benefits
Cons
always looking to cut positions to satisfy shareholders
Excellent Place to Work
Scientist II, Scientist I, Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 15, 2016
Ashland was such a great place to work, friendly environment, good compensation, and great experience. I got to work with every department on various projects, they gave me training and education to help me in my job.
Its a boys club
Executive (Former Employee) –  pacific northwestJuly 13, 2016
There is a huge divide between the working team and the management team. If you are lucky enough to be in the management team, then you get to run around, puff out your chest and make other feel small.
They do hire young and don't care about too much training, appropriate etiquette or being diversified. Not in the management anyways.

The interview process is painful, they don't really care what you have to say or what you bring to the table. More about if you can join their boy's club and go around and high 5 each other.
Pros
large corporate
Cons
the people inside
Fast paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 14, 2016
faced paced outdoor enviroment, strong customer focus, good training to a certain level within the store

Could use more communication from the area managers to the store level
Pros
training
Cons
high turnover
Fast learning environment
Account Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin OhioJune 29, 2016
Fast learning environment keeps you on your toes. Always room to grow and build on new opportunities. Cross training is always promoted so you're always getting to learn knew skills. From Import/ Export to logistics and order entry
Pros
Flexible lunches, onsite gym and walking paths make for a great day
typical work day
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 13, 2016
Typical work day at Ashland Inc. involves interfacing with external partners like banks and establishing effective interfaces for data going to and coming from the partners.
Ashland is an OK place to work
Systems specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 7, 2016
I really like the people I work with and the culture, however the pay is not up to par. The work life balance is pretty good now, but hasn't always been that way. Most of IT is being outsourced.
General Labor & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCSeptember 12, 2016
Read and interpret shipping schedules
 Sort material by length, width, customer, or type
 Place pallets of finished stacks on wrapper with forklift.
 Stage for shipping once wrapped
Friendly Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2016
This is a typical manufacturing site. Good people. One can learn and enjoy working here a lot. The overall experience is like working in a big company, and having a small company feeling.
Great Benifits
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Fun people to work with. Pay was very good for the work required. Environment was not rushed. People help you when you ask.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not much room to advance
productive, employee focused company
North America Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 31, 2016
This company is flexible and works with it's employees to allow time to handle personal issues. Employees are entrusted to work with minimal supervision.
Great Place to Work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 27, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. It was a family friendly organization and the job was very enjoyable. The work was not difficult. There were a few difficult managers that worked there but overall everyone was wonderful. I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Family Friendly Environment
Cons
A few negative managers but none that I worked with daily
Nice company
Sr Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boonton, NJFebruary 10, 2016
I worked for Ashland Chemical as a customer service representative for 20 years.

They moved from Boonton, NJ to Dublin, OH and though we were giving the opportunity to transfer, i was not in a position to move.
I know if they were still in NJ i would still be working for them.
Productive in challenging markets
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 22, 2016
Ashland is a great company to work for. Very diversified market focus with international presence that opens opportunities for personal growth
Nice place to acquire different skills and exposure,
Global FP&A Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 23, 2016
It leaned a lot in Ashland. I worked with different groups and traveled across world at different company locations. Ashland allows people to move across different departments.
The least dysfunctional place I've ever worked
Process Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 18, 2016
The Ashland staff at Lima is a very "flat" organization of fewer than 45 employees. Operations specialists, engineers, and other professionals are engaged daily in furthering the production of useful chemicals in a safe, reliable, and sustainable fashion.

Our plant manager has an open door and every individual is welcome to present their ideas to improve safety, reliability, or productivity. It is a serious business but daily interactions are upbeat and friendly, and most everyone has a great sense of humor.

Ashland as a company is not without bureaucracy, but we get good support from our management. Opportunities for advancement internally are very limited, but Ashland is a big company and all employees are able to post for job openings anywhere in the world.
Pros
Great feeling of teamwork, interesting work, very competitive pay and benefits.
Cons
The site is not close to any beaches or mountains. Can be challenging for singles.
Good Company
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 21, 2016
Great established company offers thorough and comprehensive training and positions in a strong team environment. Accountable and helpful management and team leads.
fitness center for daily workout activity
OFFICE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 25, 2015
Working with professional office staff, fun and active. Work was fun and active throughout the day. All co workers were fun to work with on a daily basis. Learned about mail sorting and communications. The hardest part of the job was travel to and from work daily. The most enjoyable part was office staff.
Pros
excellent corporate benefits
Cons
red tape in overall corporate environment
Fun the first 7 years
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 10, 2015
In the 8th year of my employment we were given new upper management. Area Manager and Market Manager. They were terrible and ruined 7 years of joyful employment. I wouldn't dare recommend anyone to work for these particular managers. They are sly, sneaky, and dishonest.
Pros
Excellent benefits, Great pay, and Fun talented co workers.
Cons
Allowing people to take positions they aren't ready for.
Ashland Inc. is a wonderful place to work,
Cash Application Processor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 7, 2015
A typical day was to verify local PNC deposits, Print off daily lockbox reports, Apply checks that come in thru the Lockbox, Wires and ACH's, I learned the importance of getting the money apllied accurately and promptly. Our supervisor was the best eager to help with any questions, and always there for support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashland. Our community is ready to answer.