Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employer Reviews

fast-paced, warehouse environment, customer satisfaction
Warehouse Foreman and Lead Delivery (Former Employee), Houma, LASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: schedule, work environment (at the time), simplicity of the job, good first job, management
Cons: compensation, benefits
I was the warehouse foreman, a position that no longer exists in the company. My typical day would consist of showing up early, making sure that my drivers and their helpers had everything they needed to deliver or to make the delivery, and solve the issues accordingly. After making sure they got loaded and on the road 100% we would start our daily – more... 'picks', what we called a pick list of items to be delivered the next day or for pick-up later in the day. This would include pulling furniture items from the warehouse putting them into lanes according to truck and in the proper order. I would then double check my employees work and catch any issues or potential issues with the order, how it was layed out, order issues, damaged/ missing items, etc. Then I would delegate which workers would stay to open select pieces of merchandise to be built and who would work with me on the showroom floor with the Floor Coordinator and store manager who I worked with. I would then walk the floor with the FC and we would decide what moves would be made that day and how, and who we needed doing what. After that we would pull another list items of pieces either coming off the floor or from the warehouse to be built and go to the floor. I would coordinate the floor moves with the employees and leave them to finish. I would them do a check of inventory for the warehouse, making sure we had merchandise for future deliveries and checking that inventory is correct and change what need to be changed. Another task that would pop up throughout the days are delivery trucks which I would either assist in unloading or I would tag the merchandise as it comes out of the truck so it can be located in the warehouse. After depending on the schedule we were working on that day we usually would locate it that day towards the end of the day unless we had time. I would run the scanner gun and hand locate with the gun every item and delegate which piece would go where, I always had a running knowledge of where we had space and where most everything was. I also throughout the day would help the shop hand that did repairs go through returns and repaired merchandise to be located or get prepped for delivery, or to the floor. I would also periodicly run items and tools out to the delivery crews so they could finish the delivery or assist them with a special case or show them how something could work with a judgement call. I would run hotshot deliveries as well either in my personal truck or in the 30' box truck.

I've learn a lot of time management skills here as well as how important delegating is. Inventory and warehouse management skills were learned as well as showroom presentation, merchandising items appropriately and how to cross-merchandise a whole sale. In running deliveries I learned that presentation and taking care of a customer you are the last line of defense to turn a bad sale around as well as making the shopping experience memorable to achieve lifetime customers.

The hardest part of my job was finding new ways to work with co-workers that refused to cooperate with you, I found doing what you can and what needs to be done while abiding by the rules is always the best way.
I enjoyed my scheduale I worked as well as how 'layed back' of an environment I was able to create while i was there, all a workplace of any kind needs a knowledgeable person on how the entire system of the bussiness runs and to create a good working system on how things should be done and constantly try to improve on it. Finding smarter ways to take the work load and disperse it evenly as well and making everyones job easier. taking care of your employees is essential to a great working environment. My most enjoyable part of the job was taking a slow moving enefficiant warehouse and turn it completely around and create a better inventory system, more accurate deliveries and creating a more enjoyable work environment, while also completely refreshing the entire 40k sqft showroom and get everything to where it just needed to be maintained. – less
Flexible schedule, annual bonuses
Human Resources Assistant/ Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: management acknowledged employees hard work
Cons: business was not good and therefore closed
Full-time work, learned a lot about Human Resources at this job from management. Very Busy, had two locations and opened a third. Trained new Supervisors on the payroll system, loved training.
My life at Ashley Furniture
Lead SSR (Manager) (Current Employee), gastonia ncSeptember 1, 2014
When I started working with Ashley Furniture a year ago, there was alot of confusion. My job at the time was to come in as the Operations Manager and build the office team back up. My daily routine consist of running reports, customer service, cashier duties, and scheduling for my team.
great people and environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 18, 2014
best job i have ever had. was so sad to leave it when I moved out of state.
Productive workplace
Clerical (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: breaks
Dealing with customers happened from the moment you came in, both difficult and easy, but the work environment made it very easy to accomplish day to day tasks. The manager was easy going when needed and strict when needed and handled all the store issues. I learned to be quick and efficient from my superiors. Hardest part was dealing with difficult – more... customers and the easiest was giving them the good news. – less
Family like environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Saint George, UTAugust 7, 2014
Pros: fast past friendly enivirnment
Cons: no holiday pay or benefits
Cleaned every morning
kept busy all day long with constant interruptions.
Very Fun
Warehouse (Former Employee), Arcadia, WIAugust 7, 2014
Ashley is the greatest company to work for. They provide so much fun in the workplace and there is so much offered to the employees.
Very Fast Paced and professional work place
Sales (Former Employee), Burlington, WAAugust 3, 2014
Very fast paced environment. Great Opportunity to meet new people
favortism
clerical (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 1, 2014
really not able to advance here. small company no stable hours for work.
Warehouse work
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Turnersville, NJAugust 1, 2014
Picking and Packing items
Learning how to work on the line belt.
doing floor arrangements
Fast paced , fun work environment.
Intern (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 31, 2014
I loved the time spent as ASHLEY. The store was always well maintained and the sales associates took me in and treated me like family during the short amount of time I was there. I also was able to do a few things on my own such as assist customers while the person I was assigned to for my internship was busy. The manger of the store at the time said – more... it was a pleasure having me and if it wasn't for my busy class schedule she would have loved to hire me full time. – less
Severe Micromanaged Environment
Office Manger (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAJuly 15, 2014
As a manager, there was very little managing involved. The difference in management and a general clerk amounted to access to the company wide cash register. Most of what I learned at this company I learned in spite of ownership and upper management. It was common practice to withhold valuable information from employees only to berate them later for – more... not knowing how to solve problems. The work atmosphere was one of heavy stress and little reward. – less
Hard worker/Good work ethic
Commissioned home (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 15, 2014
Permanent and fulltime hands-on position in a production or sales/service setting where I can contribute to meeting team goals and quotas by applying my mechanical skills and experience, my sound judgment and my ability to consistently perform at high levels under deadline and budget pressures.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 7, 2014
Good friends, commission only make it a stressful jobs, managements are not quite helpful.
Great!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Corbin, KYJuly 1, 2014
As the office manager my days were very busy filled with orders, inventory, customer service, finacial applications, delivery setup and occasional sales if all salespersons were busy. I enjoyed the vast variety of my responsibility at Ashley Furniture.
I enjoyed my job
Sales associate (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: i really joyed my job
Cons: making the deadlines every month
A typical day: We started with a morning meeting we walk the sales floor as a group..and go over the ad for the day.. .

What I learn. I learn how to be more aggressive on the sales
floor.learn more about furniture,

management: management was fair..

your co-workers: very competitive

the hardest part of job: hardest making my quota..taking the customer – more... that just came in to look,turn it around as a sales, I did enjoy it at the end..

the most enjoyable part of the job: when you made a friend,return
customers that ask for you only...making a customer happy that they came to Ashley's. – less
Very time consuming but fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tupelo MSJune 26, 2014
I did lots of management duties as I was a shift leader/ key holder. I was a top performer on the sales floor. I finished 3rd for the entire company for Spencer Group in 2013.
normal average workspace
Credit Processor (Current Employee), Harahan, LAJune 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay, paid vacation, paid holiday, sick time, employee beneifts
Cons: working weekends, late hours, working different holidays
I have came along way from were I was before I started working at Ashley furniture. I have learned how to handle tough situations and learned how to handle things in a way to help calm the customer down and show them I am here to listen. also ways to help any way I possibly can with their situation. I have made a lot of friends with this company but – more... there have been issues with a few people. Still are haven some but I am not the person to complain. I respect my work place and put a smile on my face everyday. I treat others the way I want to be treated. – less
I'd recommend it if you really need a job
Design Team Member (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 9, 2014
This is a place that will hire anyone. Most people don't make a lot of money because the job is more a mental game. There is opportunity to make a really decent wage. The management is horrible. The turnover is ridiculous. But its an alright job for the guy who needs one.
Fun job very interactive.
CSR Representative (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJune 1, 2014
Pros: one weekend a month off
Cons: 100 mile a day commute.
In a typical day at Ashley Furniture I take approximately 25 calls from customers, other stores and from corporate. I run credit applications, take payments and up date customer accounts. My favorite part of this job is the customer interaction. My least favorite part of this job is the commute.

1 2 3 4 5