Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

n/a
Mill Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSOctober 22, 2017
There are long hours. They offer plenty of overtime in some areas. There are production positions that pay good, but hourly pay is low. Raises come every blue moon. It is a male dominated work place.
cool
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJOctober 22, 2017
working there was pretty cool. i did things and stuff, and they paid me money which is pretty awesome and what not. the manager was neat. i dont want to write this review
Its an ok place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Advance, NCOctober 19, 2017
The manager I was under was very rude and disrespectful. I loved the actually job at Ashley Furniture Industries. The work was easy, you just had to be in shape!! Besides the manager....I loved everyone else and even the belt manager. I would back to WOR for Ashley Furniture Industries they would have to get rid of the Line Supply Lead.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short breaks, rude manager
Its an Ok place to work
Learning Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIOctober 18, 2017
Ashley is an ok place to work but if you are looking to advance your career here just by working hard, be aware you will not be noticed. I have had many roles within this company and each and every time I try to do better to advance my career. I have had some really great times here with Managers and not such great times which is to be expected. Ashley has an issue with holding everyone accountable for their actions and to the same standard. Overall I would recommend Ashley. The benefits are great and the weekly paycheck is great too.
Benefits
Cons
no paid sick days or many vacation days compared to most companies.
Productive and great place to work
Inspector/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSOctober 18, 2017
Working at Ashley Furniture was a great experience. Not only do you learn more about the company everyday, but you also learn and get to know the people around you. The management at Ashley Furniture is okay. Some are very nice and warm welcoming, while some have their picks of who they want to be welcoming to. The hardest part about working at Ashley Furniture would have to be just going to work everyday and only earning 4 vacation days a year (minus holiday and birthday). The most enjoyable thing about Ashley Furniture would be getting paid good money and getting good overtime pay.
Pros
insurance and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Unreasonable work/life balance expectations
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 17, 2017
Unreasonable work/life balance expectations - unsustainable

Clear vision but lacks strategy and tools and or resources to accomplish

Trying to boil the ocean - far too many initiatives at one time - lack of focus
Ineffective management
Application Support (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIOctober 16, 2017
Poor management but there are many opportunities to advance or transfer to different departments.

Supported AS400

The hardest part of my job is dealing with all the drama going on around me.
Productive, fun and great group of people
Sales Consultant-Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 16, 2017
Working with various customers with a variety of needs is always a plus and a challenge worth working for. Most co- workers willingness to assist other associates when needed it. Working together to achieve common goals of managers
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Decrease in compensations
Higher ups are garbage.
Forklift Operator/General Labor (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, WIOctober 16, 2017
They very rarely take into consideration what the people on the work floor need to do their jobs properly. Are also quick to tell someone how to do their job yet haven't even done it themselves.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Severe lack of communication and people skills.
There is growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILOctober 16, 2017
Ashley has in short great staffing, even really good managers, and I certainly know that there is always room for growth here in the company. I know their case goods are superb but their upholstery can really use a huge upgrade.
No Future in Ashley
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 15, 2017
Good job for 18 year old kids Who just started selling.Not for experienced and dedicated sales people. Ashley is not what it used to be in the past,a lot of good people left in last 4 years.
good company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 15, 2017
its a good place to start it only commotion and it is based on delivery good benefits health and dental life insurance 401 k. great team work good management.
team work
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2017
what I learned while I worked at Ashley was working fast and hitting the goal we have unloading 120 pieces per hour that was our PPH, the work culture is good we have various of workers with the same mentality. The most enjoyable time is the holidays because it gets so busy and that's when the fun comes.
Pros
discounts
Cons
health care
Hard work, pay could be better
Services tech (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 11, 2017
Hard to get to the top level of pay because they keep changing their standards. They also changed work schedules and not everyone gets there full 40 hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Push people really hard.
Overall an okay place to work
Support Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2017
I was one of the hundreds of computer techs at Ashley. For the most part it was an okay place to work. Within IT there were to many barriers to overcome to "get the job done" to much management and to much paperwork. The pay was much lower than industry standard, and this was the main reason I left. Advancement was not there, you had to work out of the main office to advance. Ashley had the potential to be a great place to work, but there were to many managers that were stuck in their ways to be open for change and better ways to do things. There was no training, you had to learn yourself and ask questions, hopefully someone would give you the correct answer, but usually not. They were not upfront about the true job duties.
Pros
None Really
Cons
Poor management and facilities, to many barriers lack of training
Very productive fast pace
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2017
I learned a lot working here management was awesome very fast pace and friendly Co worker I would have stayed if I hadn't not relocated building was hot so it made the job kinda hard at time...
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Fast pace very hard work hot in side the building 30
ashley furniture
Warehouse worker/Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 8, 2017
i would pick and prep furniture for the following day and then deliver the items to the customer. I learned how to work with a team that became family to me. I loved my boss he has helped me and he still continues to do so out of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was leaving do to the warehouse shutting down.
work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 8, 2017
fast paced and stressful. picked orders for customers and helped load their vehicles. also took calls for furture customers and processed orders on a daily basis
stressful
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2017
Moving furniture was a stressful job to do. we pre-loaded trucks for next deliveries on a specific route sheet. called ahead for all deliveries and assembled all furniture on site for the customer. management was cut throat the would steal from the company and abuse their title often. the hardest part was dealing with management. the easiest part was making the deliveries.
Pros
being on a route
Cons
management
Monday through Friday job.
Showroom mover (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 6, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of vacuuming the rugs, putting together furniture, and taking out the trash. I think the culture of people was good, but what was lacking was definitely teamwork. It was you, yourself. You really didn't have a "team mentality" at this store. Unless, you were a sales person. I would say this was the hardest part of the job and a bit annoying at times. Was to do all the work and get none of the credit. Also to be fired, without cause, or reason. Isn't very fun. But it happens, apparently. What I learned from this job, is what I have learned from every other job. People aren't your friends, you can't trust anyone, you just have to "deal with it" and move on with your job and life. If 9-5 Monday through Friday is for you. And you enjoy traveling, even when you were told you wouldn't have to do that. This job is for you. If you want to make it to the bank, be able to pay your bills, be able to have a productive life outside of just being off Saturday and Sunday (Not always guaranteed) This job is not for you.
Pros
Relaxed days, sometimes.
Cons
Can be fired over nothing, without any reason given, whatsoever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.