Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Found 1,092 reviews matching the search
Fast pace
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSSeptember 20, 2016
The warehouse is very fast pace. I had to load and unload truck beds of furniture. I learned how to load trucks. The hardest part about the job was lifting furniture alone. I enjoyed working there and seeing others work just the same.
Day At Ashley Furniture
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 20, 2016
A day at work requires you to navigate around different city making sure you are in client delivery time when you arrive at your stop you would have to preform full setups of bedroom set, entertainment system, living rooms set.
Large Company Ran Like a small struggling business
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2016
When I first started with this company I had high hopes for the upward mobility of this company. After working in both sales and customer service for just under 1 year. I am not happy with what I see. Customers are not taken care of properly and the compensation versus the amount of hours and work that is required is disproportionate.
Overall decent place to work
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PASeptember 16, 2016
Good place to work to get experience but for the work you do compared to other places the pay is low also job security is pretty low the place is a revolving door they let supervisors run the show there's really no place where the regular employees can go to complain because the hr will always have the supervisors back so if you complain or have a gripe they usually just side with the supervisor and then you end up getting a target on your back by your supervisor and like I said since the supervisors basically run the place they can fire you and get you outta there fast. Safety is not too good they have been fined plenty of times for safety risks.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks, lack of employees voice
Great company, quality products
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Ridge, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Long hours but pleasure to work at. Experienced staff, easy computer system. You always get paid on time.Easy bonus structure.
Pros
Not many SKU's or Vendors
what i learn
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Colton, CASeptember 13, 2016
when I started working here I didn't know nothing about framing springing upholstery and in 2 or 3 months I learn so much in thus company it was an amazing job that I had ever had
Sure the office is nice...
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2016
But don't let that fool you.
Leadership doesn't get along.
They try to force an "amazing" culture down your throat but it's all smoke and mirrors. They could care less about people. Everyone is expendable. They constantly talk about how millennial employees are our future, almost to the point that ageism is a concern. Stay away if you're over 35.
productive environment
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 12, 2016
do not feel that the management cares about there employees. The work is not hard, they just need to have the proper amount of people there to do the jobs that they require
Great boss to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 10, 2016
Sales people were great to work with. I did extra deliveries for them so they could get their sale. also I came in on my days off to do some deliveries.
Pros
Good health insurance, dental, and vision insurance
Cons
hardly had a day off.
Cool place to work with good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 9, 2016
Loved working for this place, would do again so in a heartbeat. All the people there were like family, and truely helped me gain knowledge and grow along the course of this job.
Showroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Physical labor but mostly relaxing environment. Requires the ability to assemble furniture and set up displays that are appealing artistically and also managing inventory.
good job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 4, 2016
Good culture, great people and values and strong mission statement. Very detailed position, problem solver and wears many hats
Great Stepping Stone
Customer Care Rep., Chargebacks and Escalations (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 1, 2016
This is a great place to get a fill for what you want to do as a career after leaving. There's no room for growth their without a college degree. No ones position is safe-not even management.
management
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 1, 2016
Management only help those they know or have personal relationships with. favoritism is a big problem within the company. Stores are not managed well promotions are hardly ever available. The pay is poor overall.
Busy, but lack of respect by management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAAugust 31, 2016
Very fast pace. A lot of customers and great advertising to bring them into the stores. The management lacks respect for the sales crew and would rather work with the office staff. Coworkers ranged in all aspects of experience. They hire to see who can last and if they don't they move them on out. The pay was good when I first started and the schedule better and then the compensation as well as scheduled amount of hours changed considerably. I liked being busy, selling and working with the customers to fit their needs and desires.
The hardest part of the job was standing all day and never being allowed to sit.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor treatment by management
Good and safe work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 31, 2016
work with energy and team work ,respect for coworker and product that is being handle and avoid damages or any type of waste.
Fun work place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 29, 2016
It is a great place to work as a team. I love my co-workers and the management team. Everyone is very fun and friendly. I am enjoying being a sales consultant at Ashley.
great people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 29, 2016
it was filled with great people and management to work with. very fast pace environment . I have met all kinds of different people and learned how to deal with difficult situation regarding customers.
Pros
good money
Cons
short breaks
They push people out and gossip
Guest Experience Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 29, 2016
Was fired for unknown reason and their HR will not even contact back to tell why. They chose favorites & will push you to quit. Will make you hate it.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Favorites, always cold, sets a bad example for some employees
My Coworkers made it easy
Panel Saw Operator-Lead/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 28, 2016
Before Ashley's decided to close their doors and let go of all their hardworking and dedicated employers, I thought of them as family.

A typical day was productive and a good working environment.

I learned how to have pride in my job.

The hardest part was not work, it was being let go with no warning.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Breaks

Ashley Furniture Industries Reviews by Location