Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Found 1,096 reviews matching the search
Busy, but lack of respect by management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAAugust 31, 2016
Very fast pace. A lot of customers and great advertising to bring them into the stores. The management lacks respect for the sales crew and would rather work with the office staff. Coworkers ranged in all aspects of experience. They hire to see who can last and if they don't they move them on out. The pay was good when I first started and the schedule better and then the compensation as well as scheduled amount of hours changed considerably. I liked being busy, selling and working with the customers to fit their needs and desires.
The hardest part of the job was standing all day and never being allowed to sit.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor treatment by management
Overall decent place to work
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PASeptember 16, 2016
Good place to work to get experience but for the work you do compared to other places the pay is low also job security is pretty low the place is a revolving door they let supervisors run the show there's really no place where the regular employees can go to complain because the hr will always have the supervisors back so if you complain or have a gripe they usually just side with the supervisor and then you end up getting a target on your back by your supervisor and like I said since the supervisors basically run the place they can fire you and get you outta there fast. Safety is not too good they have been fined plenty of times for safety risks.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks, lack of employees voice
Excellet working envroment for a fast pased day
Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 16, 2016
Display excellent customer service skills.
Handle multiple calls at one time.
Maintain customer relationships.
My boss Latrice was super supportive and wonderful.
Coworkers were punctual and professional.
Hardest part was explaining to an upset customer our return/refund.
Most enjoyable was the interactions with the customers and coworkers.
Pros
Flexable breaks
Cons
Sometimes lackluster effort from sales team
Terrible company to work for
Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 12, 2016
A typical day at work for me as an Office Lead was being chastised by unhappy customers. Per their furniture contract, the furniture was non-returnable upon delivery receipt. After upholding the policies, my managers would often overturn my decision to make exceptions for any customers who were upset. I spent most of my time figuring out how to get customers new furniture because they damaged what they had or they accepted furniture that didn't fit into their home. Indeed wouldn't let me edit my ratings, but I'd give Ashley Furniture HomeStore a rating of one across the board.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, very little paid time off until you are employed for a year
Over Worked with no Training
Frame Builder (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSJuly 27, 2016
What happened to me while working at Ashley is something that rarely happens but still does. I wasnt put on a training line, but put on one of the fastest production lines in the whole house. I had no factory experience and didnt even know how to reload a staple gun. Yet i was fired for messing up too many pieces. Even though i didnt have any training whatsoever.
Pros
Ecru plant in MS has a doctors office on site. Good benefits
Cons
Pay is never the same, long hours, short breaks, standing on concrete for 10+ hours every day, mandatory weekends, sometimes you work 7 days a week.
Worst place to purchase or work for. Trivits / Ashley homestores
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA and charlottesville VaJuly 12, 2016
I worked at their Charlottesville store where we had no heat was required to work in temps below zero until pipes froze at that time we was shut down. no ac in building either 100+degrees worked every holiday except Christmas. every weekend. They lie to there customers to get them to buy, about deliveries, was hired for one job then told I wasn't because a younger person came in. Customers and staff was disrespected by store manager who would go to sleep in store, was just a nasty place to work.
Cons
no benfits
Large Company Ran Like a small struggling business
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2016
When I first started with this company I had high hopes for the upward mobility of this company. After working in both sales and customer service for just under 1 year. I am not happy with what I see. Customers are not taken care of properly and the compensation versus the amount of hours and work that is required is disproportionate.
Satisfactory
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2016
Overall I have had a satisfied experience working for Ashley Furniture Homestore. I have been with them for little over a year now, and I feel I have gone as far as I can go within the company. I maximized my full potential here and am ready to try a new venture. I am looking for a company with a lot of growth within so that I may make a career. Unfortunately there is not that kind of growth here forcing me to look elsewhere for employment. I love constantly learning, and constantly improving, I have reached that cap here.
Pros
Great benefits, decent compensation, 15min breaks and 30 min lunches.
Cons
No room for growth
Horrible
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIJuly 7, 2016
The company may provide good benefits, but that is about the extent of it. They have plant shut downs, low work volume, poor working conditions, and poor wages. They boast about being a family oriented company, but they are far from it. They boast about promoting from within, but it has nothing to do with work ethic. All they care about is who you know. I would never recommend this employer to anyone!
Above Average
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed working for Ashley Furniture. I started as an entry level part time employee and advanced to a full time manager. The office was face paced and you needed to multitask. I worked with customers in the store as well as on the phone. I loved my co-workers and management up until the company was sold to a new owner. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was the hours.
Pros
discounted furniture
Cons
hours
Customer Service/Office Lead (Hotline)
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 12, 2016
I worked well with the public at this job. I had to problem solve and make sure that the customer was happy at the end. The hardest part of my job was the angry customers yelling at me, but I would let them talk and then I would make a plan to make sure they were happy when they got off the phone.
Pros
Worked with a lot of great co-workers
Cons
Yelling Customers
Productive and Great Work Place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Va.June 29, 2016
Excellent working Place, Great Group of People to be around. Bad Location, Not enough Traffic.The Employee at Ashley's Are a good bunch of fun to work with. The Products are of the Highest Quality. It's a Great Opportunity to make very good Money. It's just that the location doesn't have the Volume to be Successful.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Cons
Difficult Location
My Coworkers made it easy
Panel Saw Operator-Lead/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 28, 2016
Before Ashley's decided to close their doors and let go of all their hardworking and dedicated employers, I thought of them as family.

A typical day was productive and a good working environment.

I learned how to have pride in my job.

The hardest part was not work, it was being let go with no warning.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Breaks
Sure the office is nice...
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2016
But don't let that fool you.
Leadership doesn't get along.
They try to force an "amazing" culture down your throat but it's all smoke and mirrors. They could care less about people. Everyone is expendable. They constantly talk about how millennial employees are our future, almost to the point that ageism is a concern. Stay away if you're over 35.
A very good company to work for.. Ech store has. It's own management and I liked the managers I had to work with. Very haul to the sales force..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for Ashley Furniture. Getting to help customers select their furniture. Putting accessories with the furniture as add on helps my sale increase.
Pros
Spiffs and bonuses were always a special treat
fair workplace
warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSMay 31, 2016
typical day at is pretty fast paced your going to work harder than you prolly have your entire life but the hard your job the more you get paid i lfeel like the pay was fair the management ppl are fair and only want to help you get the job done as fast possible the hardest part of the job would have to be when its hot outside its on fire in the factory and when its cold outside its freezing
Ashley Furniture is a safe and positive environment work place for growth and opportunity
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2016
At Ashley Furniture I learned as a team member things will get done,safer and timely fashion. The work environment is made for growth and stability. The industry is growing also
Pros
401k plan
Cons
Different health care
pressing
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 12, 2016
It is always busy. I learn a lot on my own. The management is very belittling and always too busy to train. Co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is always having to get the management's attention when you have a question or they never remember what they tell you. I love working with the customers.
Not the greatest place
Customer Care Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 18, 2016
This place was really good until they hired brand new management. The culture was excellent, but the culture that was implemented when I first started is no longer the case now that new management has taken over. The owner is phenomenal but call center leadership team not so much.
The most stressful and horribly ran company I have worked for.
Distribution Center Laborer (Former Employee) –  Advance, NCJuly 19, 2016
absolute WORST WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT EVER and on TOP OF THAT MANAGEMENT does not KNOW how to talk to people like normal individuals. They act as if the workers are below them mentally and cannot grasp the concept of having an intelligent conversation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ashley Furniture Industries Reviews by Location