Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture Employee Reviews

satisfactory
Steven Rutstein - Office Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 1, 2015
Greeted customers, paged for sales people. Again learned to deal with different personalities without taking it personally. Just an okay place to work at
it was a productive place to work
Shipping Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Ecru, MSJuly 31, 2015
i loved this job it was just i had alot of garnishments commimg out my check each week and wasnt worth the drive every eveaning
Terrible place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYJuly 28, 2015
Terrible place to work. Ashley does not believe in balance for family and under pays their employees.The owner does not listen to any of his employees. They claim that everything is made in the US and it is all imported from overseas.
Enjoyed it
ashley furniture driver and delivery man (Former Employee), Grenada, MSJuly 27, 2015
Pros: insurence benifits
Cons: some months slow not enough hrs.
Every day learning experience. Hard-work all day no downtime and plenty overtime. all co workers loved me and i also moved up the ranks very fast.
DO NOT APPLY
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee), MemphisJuly 26, 2015
One of the worst companies to work for in Memphis. Pay is ok, hours are ok, insurance is higher than Wiz Khalifa. Run away run away fast.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Longview, TXJuly 26, 2015
It is a wonderful workplace environment. I have learned to do many things. I enjoy working with my coworkers and making our customers happy.
Sales oriented environment for non-sales personnel.
Front Office (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Inadequate staffing of counter help.
Hours required for special events were unrealistic and exhausting, while scheduling breaks to eliminate the ability to earn overtime.
Long hours of Hard Work
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Salem, NCJuly 23, 2015
Unloaded and Received merchandise from shipments, Organized merchandise, Collaborated with team associates, Implemented planning of management team
stressful work environment
sales (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 21, 2015
50-72 hr work days. six days a week, No personal time off. no feedback from upper management. unethical practices' overlooked and excused by parent company.
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Interacting with customers, incentives for sales
Cons: Meeting a sales quota
The best part of working here is communicating, listening, and interacting with customers. The hardest part of the job is that they flood the sales floor with salesman and everyone has to meet the monthly sales quota. This tends to cause friction between salesman and could be difficult to meet the quota. The turn around for sales people are a constant.
great cmpany
Customer Service Representative/office lead (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: alot of paperwork
i enjoy my job at ashley.i have learn alot and enjoy the chance to learn more.the team i work with is great. they are great.

that is all
Ashley Furniture - ADS Department
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Arcadia, WIJuly 10, 2015
the years that i have been with ADS have been a wonderful experience. The company invests in their employees and give extra trainer courses to have the employee at their personal best while on the floor. Ashley overall as a company is very oriented and gives back to the employees is multiple ways.
Professional workplace where I gained excellent work experience.
Guest Experience Representative (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJuly 6, 2015
At Ashley Furniture I accepted the position of Guest Experience Representative. I worked alongside my coworkers to ensure the guests' product was ordered correctly and accepted payment. During and after the checkout process I entered guest information into the store's computer using the STORIS computer system, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel. I preformed all receptionist duties and handled guest issues. Receiving a compliment from a guest for working so hard to ensure their happiness was my favorite part about working there. I gained excellent experience for taking this job and am forever grateful for the opportunity.
Worst place you can work for.. Managers lie and walk all over employees
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Colton, CaliforniaJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: management, short breaks, pay is not worth the hard work
I've been a loyal Ashley's Furniture employee in Colton California for 12 years.. There is absolutely no opportunities to advance within the company if you work in the Assembly Dept unless you're in the Production Mgr's circle of friends.. I was purposely held back from getting a transfer to another department by the Production Manager on 5 occasions... Whats worst is that Human Resources actually aids him in taking advantage and the bullying of employees!!! He's friends with the HR Manager... He's got everyone in HR thinking he's this wonderful stand up guy.. I was given the opportunity to work in another department by a Manager and supervisors of another department where I would be making more money and not be working so hard. I proved to them that I have the skills and qualifications to work in that other department, even backed it up with certifications from the schools I attended. When I told the Production Manager I was going to put in a transfer he instantly got angry.. He told me that he would have to speak with the General Manager about it and that he would get back to me about it.. Well a few days passed and I come to find out from a source that the General Manager had sent out a Email to the department I was trying to get into to go screw off and find a different employee, he even included my badge # and ID picture.. I even saw the Email with my own eyes!!! I was denied that position even before I put in a transfer request!!! I made 4 more attempts to get out of the Assembly Department In a period of 1 year only to be denied every single time by HR... I was lied – more... to and given the run around by HR in order to prevent me from leaving the Assembly Dept because I was a such a hard worker!!! The HR Manager kept telling me I simply didn't meet the qualifications to be in the other department even though the Manager and supervisors said that I was... On one ocassion HR claimed that the Manager of the department I was trying to get into was the one who said I didn't meet the qualifications, so I spoke to the Warehouse Director and he made the HR Manager call a meeting with me the other department Manager and supervisor, well during the meeting the Department Manager clearly stated that he had never said I wasn't qualified and that he never even saw my test pieces I did for them, the HR Manager quickly interupted him preventing him from saying anything else!!! The Production Manager's been behind it The whole time!!! Theres been so many complaints about the Production Manager and nothing is being done to stop the mistreatment of employees by the Production manager!!! He's the reason employees want to bring in a Union!!! – less
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Florissant, MOJuly 3, 2015
Greeting guests upon arriving in our retail showroom and learning their motivation for their visit; really
getting to know them and developing long-term relationships
• Presenting and discussing various home furnishings product options based upon your discovery of the
prospective clients’ lifestyle, needs and goals
Respectful, caring owner
Sales Associate/Buyer (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great store hours; employee respect
This company was one of the best places i have ever worked at. The Management team believed in continuing education in order to assist all clients. The y believed team work from the initial sale to the delivery process. Truly Amazing experience.
Office Management
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 25, 2015
A typical day at work includes making sure the office is ran smoothly, answering phones, resolving guest issues and overseeing the office counter. The hardest part of my job is handling the issues that are out of my control. The most enjoyable is when I can make a difference and prove to a guest that they matter to us!
Beautiful Environment, Nice experience
Inventory and Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee), Colton, Ca.June 20, 2015
Pros: Wonderful environment with a nice team!
Cons: Low Pay rate, Undefined/Incorrect job titling
Ashley Furniture was a nice place to work. I was given a position that really didn't exist, but was created for me, so I was in charge of pricing, inventory and some ordering. The environment was nice. I learned a lot about the system and programming since we were the first corporate showroom to open in the IE. My co-working team were nice, I worked closely with the management team and they were down to earth and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was that my role, having been made up, was sort of decided on an as-you-go basis so I was given a lot of work to do but, in my opinion, was not paid accordingly. They listed me as a customer service employee which entailed the lowest pay rate, but I wasn't a customer service employee. The most enjoyable part was the team and the beautiful showroom environment. They had an indoor cafe, very private well-designed restrooms and a beautiful showroom.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with The job could be sometimes stressful but yet fun. I enjoyed working with the public.
the company it self is going down due to the deliver team and call center
Customer Service (Former Employee), indianapolisJune 8, 2015
the company it self is going down due to the deliever team and call center. One day on the job I received a call with a guest that was expecting deliver at 9:30 and they never arrived to the guest home till 10:30pm

1 2 3 4 5

About Ashley Furniture

Not to be confused with Laura Ashley, this Ashley is more interested in peddling leather and wood than toile and chenille. Ashley – Read more

Ashley Furniture Salaries

Assembler
$10.00 per hour

Ashley Furniture Photos

100% on mystery shop
A client caught me off guard working some financing.
The "team"