Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture Employer Reviews

WORST PLACE TO WORK IN THE WORLD
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: short breaks, interrupted lunches, no set schedule, bad management, horrible work environment, outdated equipment, understaffed, no appreciation
TYPICAL DAY INVOLVES COMING IN AND BEING SCREWED OVER BY MANAGEMENT AND NOT JUST YOURSELF BUT ALL OF THE OTHER EMPLOYEES SO THAT THEY CALL OFF AND LEAVE THE PLACE SHORT STAFFED SO THEY'LL CALL IN A TEMP. WHO COMES IN AND WILL LEAVE SHORTLY AFTER BECAUSE THEY'RE SO RUDE AND UNDERPAID FOR WHAT THEY'RE EXPECTED TO DO.
• Ability to work independently; make decisions in management absence
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), bells road , richmond vaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: cut back in pay
unloading bedding trucks and checking it in , then stacking it in the right place . I learn how to organize a warehouse and to show other how to keep it like that .
Stable job for one that does not look to advance
Office/Salesman (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXAugust 26, 2014
It was an okay job to work for, I truly appreciated the opportunity they had given me at that time.
hard to work with those electronic logs
driver (Current Employee), colton, caAugust 21, 2014
Ashley is getting worst yr by yr. When I started back in '05 it was a good company. They cared for there drivers. Now they want you to unload the furniture for customers that are lazy and dont pay extra.
fun work environment
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 19, 2014
needs better pay
management is fun
flexible work schedule
feel like I am wasting my skills
Poduction and warehouse work i love to do.
Unloader/Stocker (Current Employee), Ecru, MSAugust 15, 2014
Production and warehouse is field of work that i love to do also have fun at doing different things in the warehouse.
Get alone with people all the time, work good as a time.
Have had people to work under me, which i prefer to work.
Love to go to work and get the job done no matter what it is, also help those that need help if i can help them.
good job and respectful people
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee), Ecru, MSAugust 14, 2014
I would load trucks everyday. It was a fun experience and friendly environment but very physical.
Ashley
Warehouse/Delivery Associate (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 12, 2014
Pros: the pay was decent
Cons: short or breaks and long hours
Over all I like this job. There was a lot of heavy lifting and moving I had to do but over all it was a great job. I learned a lot of the ins and out of building and repairing furniture. My co-worker is what made this job enjoyable. They created a healthy work enviorment and carried their own weight. The management at Ashley Furniture was really relaxed, – more... a litlle disorganized, and slightly unprofessonal. – less
doing what i like to do.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
when you love helping customers or love doing what you do it makes for a great job to wake up to.
Consulting for home living
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 4, 2014
Served as a consultant for customers seeking for home furniture and interior decor. Customer portfolio used to keep a personalized connection with customers needs and interest. Advised customers of financing and insurance options.

I enjoyed the personal interaction, getting to know different types of customers and their needs.
Fun and challenging.
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 2, 2014
There is no typical day in a sales job it changes from day to day and because of that fact I learned a lot about myself and the sales profession.

There is a lot demanded of the management team so its hard for them to train you properly. It's more of a 'learn as you go' type of environment.

My co-workers were awesome.

The hardest part of the job was – more... the days we had a lot of downtime. The waiting was excruciating but then again it made that more exciting when a costomer finally walked in the door.

the most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers. Once again, they were awesome. – less
hard work
trim out (Former Employee), Arcadia, WIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: coworkers
get to work setup and do everything to the T. I learned to not go to the bathroom cause nobody will help when u get back a lot of anger.
Ashley Furniture
Customer service (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJuly 24, 2014
Working for Ashley Furniture was a really good experience. I mostly moved furniture, assembled and delivered it to customers house. We also loaded furniture onto customers vehicles. Very good work environment. Great people to work with.
Great Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2014
Typing 45 WPM, answering multiple phone lines, customer support, making appointments, and general office work.
hard work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Arcadia, WIJuly 21, 2014
finalized furniture learned how to be a team player, loved my co workers, great place to work with great benifits
The employees I worked with made this job fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2014
Management wasn't that great. Job didn't pay enough for all the work I did. In a typical day I unloaded 2-4 receiving trucks, loaded 7 truck with merchandise for deliveries, operated forklifts and vertical lifts, inventory, and customer pick-ups daily for $9.50 and hour.
semi-productive, enjoyable co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVJuly 16, 2014
I learned how to relate to customers, help them pick out and set up delivery times for furniture. Management was alright didn't really answer certain questions. Co-workers were fun and helpful for the most part. Hardest part of the job was a lot of people just coming in to look.
Productive day resulting in higher sales volumes.
Advertising/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Easton, MDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: paid daily
Cons: temporary job
Promoted and advertised store liquidation throughout the surrounding counties. Typical work day consisted of going to different locations and letting the public know of store liquidation.
Productive intense competitive environment
Direct Customer Service (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
Great advancement and amenities working for this company. Awesome exposer and a whole and individually.
Good work place, poor management.
Service Administrator (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 6, 2014
Besides the lack of proper and expiremced management, this was not the worst job I've had.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ashley Furniture

Not to be confused with Laura Ashley, this Ashley is more interested in peddling leather and wood than toile and chenille. Ashley – Read more

Ashley Furniture Photos