Ashley HomeStore Employee Reviews

Awful hours, terrible pay, great benefits
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 18, 2016
Forget your family and social life. You will work every weekend and every holiday. The store is only closed on Christmas Day and Easter, otherwise you are working. The Folsom & Sacramento stores are open from 9AM-9PM every day! No Sunday hours here. You are on your feet with the exception of 2 breaks and lunch or dinner. You're NEVER allowed to sit even if the store is empty. You are basically on straight commission, because your hourly wage is a recoverable draw. The commission is so small you have to sell a ton of furniture to make any decent $. It's hard to bonus, because of back orders & delivery problems so you miss billing in a given month. There is a lot of standing around. You take turns waiting on customers, but if you do not watch them salespeople will steal them! We had a good group in Folsom and great managers. It's just a lot of hours for little money.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working every weekend & holiday, long hours, low pay
Tradition sales driven company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IdahoJune 4, 2016
Ashley (Hill Country Holdings) is very numbers driven. They require open sign on and doors open until every customer is gone, even if that is 2+ hours after your scheduled off time.

Management is very straight forward and make no bones about this requirement. You must work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and they expect results.

I must say, though, that if you perform, the compensation is very good based on commissions and bonuses
Pros
Team environment, good compensation
Cons
required long hours and minimum performance.
Beautiful environment with friendly, well-informed staff.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 14, 2016
A typical day begins with ensuring that the store is dressed for success! We typically come in before the store opens and check the showroom floor to make sure prices are evident, pop materials are in place, and showroom is tidy and presentable.
I've learned to much about selling furniture as management and sales reps from various companies host training sessions and provide adequate training materials for all sales staff.
The managers are great people to work for and with; they're always there to assist when we get into 'overflow'. The co-workers are such a diverse group of people; yet, they're really like family once you've been there only a short time!
The hardest part of the job is getting started as a new recruit; it takes about 4-6 weeks to get a client base going and those clients refer their friends and family!
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great sales team and getting to work with the public! You certainly cannot be shy!!
Pros
Great benefits, great management.
Cons
Too much downtime
Not a pleasant environment!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CTDecember 29, 2016
The management sucks, the place is a revolving door. They don't care about their employees or customers. Money fuels this store!
Productive work environment with lots of people
Picker lead (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 4, 2016
Grear starter job for anyone looking to work with a lot of new people. Mostly flexible hours. Starting pay is pretty good. Management is always there and has a say in every little thing that goes on.
Productive and fun workplace
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 20, 2016
I have two locations that I go to, need to keep up with both of the store furniture, accessories, putting the furniture in the right category and accessorise, and make sure the two stores organized and everything in place, check transfer trucks scan in items, lead workers and give them list of things to do, like putting out furniture and assembling furniture. Going to different locations the company own to help opening new locations, work with groups to help assembling and putting the furniture in the right place and decorate. It is a good and fun workplace, but im looking for better pay.
Great employees frustrating policies
Office manager (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaJanuary 17, 2017
The company is great to work for. As with any franchise there are things that could be improved. The pay scale is a little uneven and the commission rate is frustrating at best. I enjoy my job.
Great Furniture made by Ashley
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 1, 2016
First time working in retail. It was fun. Learned a lot about mattresses. Not paid enough commission for the hours worked and closing customer deals.
Love working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Best company ive ever worked before. The work family is fantastic and the envornment is great. You will love working for ashley homestore. & Furniture.
Poor Management
Home Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 25, 2016
Management allowed unethical behavior
You are require to work 56 hours a week
they say everyone is going to share in cleaning
the store not true.
Only some people are require to do daily paperwork
other do as they please.
some people take smoke breaks all day long, do not clock
out for lunch,or any other time they leave the store.
All of those things are okay with management.
I disagree, and said so.
Pros
Customers and product
Cons
great culture and compettitve pay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  lakeland flAugust 27, 2014
overall a good company to work for
a typical day would consist of helping customers and focusing on closing sales or prospecting for future sales, if not with a customer we would receive coaching and training from management .
co-workers were great more of a family like environment
hardest part of the job was not hitting your numbers since that would impact your pay scale, the most enjoyable part would have to be whenever a really big sale gets closed or when we have team events, Sunday fun day was a great mixture of training and fun simultaneously.
Pros
some free lunches, great pay.
Cons
short breaks, long hours
My 3 years at Ashley at 2 different loction
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bryant, Ar and Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2012
*My typical day was 10 hrs day. Starting with setting up delivery, checking on orders, writting thank-you notes and reviewing my daily goals
*What did I learned at Ashley is to work 100,000 sq feet floor and working with 25 sales people to become one team
* The management there was fair and professinal setting a very high stantard for all their employees.
*The hardest part the job was alot hours in a very large store and a short lunch with few breaks
* The most enjoyable part of this job was to selled furniture to company that deliveries to the customers door quickly.
Pros
highly salary
Cons
high turnover in employes and physically deemanding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 18, 2016
Very unsecure job, high unrealistic goals to be able to achieve these goals you must work on your days off. there is no time for family and you never have Saturday or Sunday off.
Great Company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 5, 2014
The management team was always helpful and willing to mentor. I advanced my sales education further in mandatory training. The environment is extremely competitive. The pay is determined by your own success.
Pros
Employee discounts, Additional Training, and outstanding mentors
Cons
Competitive co-workers
Perfect Mix within Retail and Office Work
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATVE (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Perfect Mix within Retail and Office Work. Working here you do a lot of office work with retail hours and retail enviroment.
Amazing Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 17, 2014
Amazing company/pay/benefits. Family owned so not alot of advancement after store manager.
Good place to work. Good camaderie with the associates. Cool m aanger.
Warehouse Associate in the Not-at-home department. (Current Employee) –  109 N. 37th AvenueFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work. Good camaderie with the associates. Cool managers. Only worked here for four months because I decided to go for a part-time job and pursue my freelance writing business full-time, but I don't regret coming here and meeting my cool coworkers.
Pros
No quotas so you can work at a relaxed pace. In my case I get more done that way.
Cons
Smaller company so lack of structure. Got to stay on top of your game.
Great atmosphere, solid company
Operations/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 11, 2012
Great atmosphere
Positive company
Future focused
Large number of employees, making it a challenging experience, but one that contributes to helping one grow as an individual.
Pros
positive atmosphere, fairly pay, reliable staff
Cons
various outlets one has to work with, making it challenging to cooperate and agree on certain things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9