Ashley Stewart

Ashley Stewart Employer Reviews

retail clothing
Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2015
Pros: being able to help people and see them leave with a smile.
Cons: there was really no cons other the pay.
On a typical day I would assist customers with finding certain clothing and accessories. I would also ring up customers. My job was to also keep the store clean and neat at all times.
nice joc
Sales of clothing, Assories (Former Employee), philadelphia paMarch 2, 2015
Good hours full time and part time. Nice co workers and great customers. Close to my home. Great opportunities for advancement.
Not good management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Did not like working there. They let me go by saying that I was just in a seasonal position and I did not know that. Bad communication.
Productive day
Cashier (Former Employee), Trenton, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: n/a
cashier/ stock ,customer service ,layaway, price check. when working in layaway had to make sure that the product an that thr customer was ok with there items..
Wasnt not fun at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
the job was ok, I did the open of the store fill the registers . Clean the store making the daily drop and deposits were done,. Take in new shipment .separate it for the employees to put out and do security as well, why the camera never worked at all the customer that was the best part of the day or night for me , left because management was never fair at all Over all learn too do my job then go home.
PRODUCTIVE,FUN ENVIRONMENT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: dont have any
I LIKE WORKING AT ASHLEY STEWART BECAUSE I LIKED THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE PEOPLE THAT WORKED THEIR. I ENJOYED MY JOB AND WAHT I DID AS A SALES ASSOCIATE. THERE WASNT ANYTHING HARD ABOUT MY JOB I WAS A CASHIER,WORKED ON THE SALES FLOOR HANGING CLOTHES ON THE RACKS,GETTING CLOTHING AND APPERALS FROM THE BACK TO BRING OUT AND PUT WHERE THEY WENT. IT WAS FUN AND I WISH THAT I HAD STAYED THEIR LONGER BUT I INJURED MY ANKLE THE THIRD OR FOURTH DAY OF WORK AND WAS OUT OF WORK FOR A WHOLE YEAR. BUT I WOULD GO BACK AND WORK THEIR AGAIN.
fun workplace environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: low pay
Managed the store's lower level. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment. The most enjoyable part of my day was my co-workers
A supportive environment
Assistant (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 6, 2015
My first year that was the place to work. Everyone helped each other out with in all departments. Afterward when the financial stability was into play it became ww3.
Productive workplace. Amazing Internship
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Assisted in the spread of information between the company and the public
Helped get the company noticed to High Schools and other helpful organizations
jobs
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: short hours
 Welcome and advise customers.
 Ensure goods are well displayed (an organized shop is a happy shop).
 Receive deliveries from suppliers.
 Keep the shop floor clean and tidy
Very demanding workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 458 Fulton St Brooklyn, NYJanuary 3, 2015
I would open the store and virtually do every position in the building. I've learned that though you must start somewhere, doesn't mean you must stay there; you must venture out. Management was extremely demanding and was expected to be put first over everything including school.
Cool place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamtramck, MIDecember 22, 2014
Schedule is flexible but working every holiday is rough with children.
Perfect job for single people
IT WAS A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2014
I WAS VERY GREAT BEING A STORE MANAGER,MY TEAM ALL WERE RESPECTABLE,HARDWORKERS,WE MADE IT FUN TO BE AROUND EACH OTHER,I LEARNED HOW TO WORK WITH DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES,MY ASSOCIATES WERE MORE LIKE A FAMILY,I WAS WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 12 YEARS,
Great
Cashier (Former Employee), Catonsville, MDDecember 14, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: short breaks
I like helping people to pick out the best outfit to suit their taste and personality....
Very classy, a great environment to build communications and sales ability.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 101 Flatbush Ave. Brooklyn,NYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: sales incentives (100 dollar bonus)
Cons: only one 15min break, from open to closing time.
8 Hour days
Mostly closed, and opened
Chantel and Timothy were the two rotating managers(Very nice people)
Harry, Sasha, and some others made up my team of co-workers(Very entertaining bunch)
The greatest effort needed was always based around the holiday sales(which became quite fun when done correctly)
What I was most fond of was the sense of responsibility and trust in me, given by my team.
Costumer Service
Cashier/ Costumer Service (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Calling costumers for a special sale at the stores and checking shipment and cleaning the store on closing.
Fast paced
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: few opportunities for advancement
Working at Ashley Stewart I developed a strong sense of what excellent customer service is all about. A.S. valued their customers and the product that they were selling. Management could have been better and focused on employee and customer needs, but overall it was a great place to work.
Management works long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2014
The hardest part of Ashley Stewart were the long 10 hour days Store Managers had to work. Job and family life did not balance well.
Would not recommend
Store Manager (Former Employee), AnonymousOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the customers you come across
Cons: long hours, a lot of paperwork emails, having to get out and promote their business
I use to love working for this company they really use to care about there employees NOW with them filing bankruptcy twice all they care about is the almighty dollar. We haven't had raises in years now that they have closed over 100 stores they are finally seeing profits and yet have still to offer any money.. I understand that it's our job to sell and focus on customer service within my four walls but it's not my job to go out and advertise for your million dollar business to bring more money in for the people in corporate...I made my sales plan 4 months in a row..we had one bad week and had to have a mandatory corporate conference call asking WHY? And what are we going to do to make the money up?? Huh? Seriously I've made money for you every month never getting a Thank You I don't make money and I hear from you...they sit in corporate and make up all this extra stuff that really doesn't make sense.. for store managers to keep up with..as if the other 50 million tasks aren't enough not to mention the DMs are very unprofessional they don't know what they are doing they get to sit behind a computer all day and give orders..I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone...I really wish people in corporate would actually work in the stores and see what we go through maybe they would understand it's not peaches and cream all the time in business there are bumps in the road sometimes..
Loved the customers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 7, 2014
The job had a standstill on receiving raises. My job was to balance the books and provide excellent customer service.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ashley Stewart

Urban Brands makes it its business to prove that women of style come in different shades and sizes. The company owns the Ashley – Read more

Ashley Stewart Salaries