Ashtabula County Medical Center Employee Reviews

Small but nice place to work
Cardiac/Nuero Tech (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 7, 2015
I loved working at Ashtabula my co workers were awesome, the schedule was flexible giving my still time to spend with my family. the Doctors were amazing so working with them was a great please and also a wonderful learning experience.
Pros
work evnvironment and the flexible hours
Cons
the 1hr and15min commute
Productive and Compassionate work place.
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 15, 2015
A review of my normal day would be coming to work clocking in, going to the back to help as much as i can till three oclock then going up stairs to help as many patients i can with ordering. By time i get done with that its time to start trayline and start putting trays together. Then i take all my trays up and help my patients with anything they need within my boundaries. Once i get done delivering all my trays i start collecting all the dirty ones and bring them down stairs where i then help wash all dishes and put everything away.
Pros
free lunch, nice co-workers, flexible hours, good pay
Cons
health insurance
great place
CLINIC CLERK/ NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ashtabula ohioAugust 5, 2015
loved working at this small facility, wonderful place, just like home. management very friendly and caring. everyone is just great.
Pros
having a family setting
Cons
no cons
No problems
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMay 21, 2015
The day went very fast . The co-workers were always helpful. The hardest part was getting up so early. Enjoyed the patients I drew blood on.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
CNA
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMay 16, 2015
Great small hospital in ashtabula. Chance to work directly with patients and gain experience before deciding on being a nurse. The pay was low for the amount of work.
High standards of care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHApril 29, 2015
High standards of care. Adequate nursing staff to perform patient care. Opportunities for advancement within the hospital.
Very good work environment
Clinical instructor and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OhioMarch 30, 2015
Good hospital and a very good teaching hospital with staff who appreciate the learning curve experienced by beginner nursing students
Pros
A good health care facility
One of the Top Ten Workplaces in Northeast Ohio
Central Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 17, 2014
I've become very confident in medical field terminology and look forward to learning different ways other facilities work. Management did fairly well at communication, but there was room for improvement. The bulk of my coworkers were very team-oriented, pleasant, and eager to help and provide excellent patient care. The hardest part of my job was having to tell a patient I was unable to accommodate their schedule or that their exams were denied by their insurance company. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with patients and being able to "surprise" them by going beyond their expectations by offering them sooner appointments and explaining exactly what to expect from the moment they enter the hospital doors. I've learned that the medical system is very complex and is always changing and one must be willing to adapt and learn with a positive, patient-centered attitude.
Pros
excellent benefits and excellent coworkers.
Cons
poor compensation, lacking management communication, no opportunity/training for upward mobility within the workplace.
Varied tasks and good management team
Nursing Administration Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHNovember 15, 2014
I perform many tasks and special projects for the Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Managers and Education Department. The work environment is very good and I have gained invaluable experience.
Pros
varied work and work environment
Cons
drive and pay
Small community hospital with personal approach to patients
Cath Lab Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 5, 2014
Diverse work environment which often had people working in multiple areas with fluctuating census and outpatient loads. Learned a great deal about being flexible and adapting for productivity. Management was largely supportive, although sometimes at odds with bargaining unit. Co-workers were generally supportive and worked well together. Hardest part of the job was being downstaffed frequently for low census.
Pros
personable work environment, friendly co-workers, time with patients and families
Cons
lack of work
Excellent employer!
Director of Quality (Former Employee) –  Ashtabua, OhioMarch 19, 2014
Supportive environment for implementation of enterprise-wide Quality, Risk, and Infection Control Programs
Pros
leadership support and focus on all phases of quality
Retail sales position
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OhioFebruary 26, 2014
I believe I can bring some wonderful skills to the job. I have extensive retail sales experience as well as customer service. I have a pleasant disposition, courteous and helpful by nature. I am eager to pitch in and do more than what is required to make sure the job is getting done precisely.
Pros
healthcare
Great stepping stone to a future position in the medical field
Physician Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I over see a multi-specialty clinic and I have gained experience in Management and presenting information in a group setting. My co-workers are pretty amazing people with VERY strong work ethics. Helping our patients understand the complicated billing process is the most rewarding part of my job.
Pros
the hospital is small enough to to have the community hospital feel
Cons
salaries are not comparable to the same postions in other locations
Productive workplace with a sense of unity.
Junior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 15, 2013
We close the books the first 2 weeks of each month. If we aren't closing, we are prepping to close and working on projects. We all help each other daily to complete tasks in a timely manner. We are always pushing to finish ahead of the deadline times without sacrificing quality.

One of the enjoyable things about working here is the team building and support. We celebrate birthdays, holidays, and milestones.
Pros
support and the ability to grow as a person and in your career.
Cons
compensation
Good Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 14, 2013
Fast Paced constantly moving never a dull moment
I learned a ton in four months It would take me two pages to say what i learned
My co-workers were usually very happy some more snobby than needed although
Hardest part of the job was getting great as fast as i did
I love the people
Pros
extra hours, great pay
Cons
bad communication
Urgent Care Center
Health Information Discharge Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 6, 2013
Working in Dr. Stoerkel's was fast pace office. We scheduled appointments and also had walk in patient's.
Working at Ashtabula County Home was a wonderful experience.
I enjoyed giving the patients hands on care and showing them compassion from my heart.
Working at Ashtabula County Medical Center I have been there for
almost 18 years and love my job as a Discharge Clerk which the past year we have gone to the Electronic Medical Record. It is something great gone from trying to read the doctor's handwriting to clear typed reports in Epic.
I have been very lucky to have wonderful Managers to work for who's always there when needed and show me their appreciation for my work.
I do adapt to my co workers different personalities and we work as a team.
Pros
great insurance coverage.
fast paced entry level healthcare position
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 27, 2013
various patient care activities. A must for future nurses.
fast pace environment
emergency room tech (Former Employee) –  ashtabula ohioFebruary 24, 2013
participated in full codes, trauma, and medical emergencies.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lots of favotitism in management
High Turnover Rate
RN (Former Employee) –  AcmcJanuary 26, 2013
I would be careful with this company, it's more of a stepping stone. The organization has a lot of favoritism and management is very disorganized. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
good experience for other employment opportunities
Cons
politics, facility out of date
Great working environment with someone always willing to help out.
OR Processor (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 22, 2013
I performed decontamination and sterilization of surgical. I enjoyed my job, its a very important part of surgery. When I started I had no experience and learned every part of the position. I had great co-workers that knew the job very well.