Ashtabula County Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ashtabula County Medical Center
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 2, 2016
The Ashtabula county Medical Center was an ever changing environment that continually strived to put patients first. That was one of the driving factors that kept me their for 9 years. I felt that the Administrations ethical standards were mirrored by my own and that the balance between work and family was very important. I had supportive management and co-workers that were exemplary.
Pros
Wage. stability, support
Cons
hard to get promoted
Great place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 10, 2016
Worked there when I first started working, great started job, wonderful facility, nice people and very clean, enjoyed my job very much.
Small but nice place to work
Cardiac/Nuero Tech (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 7, 2015
I loved working at Ashtabula my co workers were awesome, the schedule was flexible giving my still time to spend with my family. the Doctors were amazing so working with them was a great please and also a wonderful learning experience.
Pros
work evnvironment and the flexible hours
Cons
the 1hr and15min commute
Productive and Compassionate work place.
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 15, 2015
A review of my normal day would be coming to work clocking in, going to the back to help as much as i can till three oclock then going up stairs to help as many patients i can with ordering. By time i get done with that its time to start trayline and start putting trays together. Then i take all my trays up and help my patients with anything they need within my boundaries. Once i get done delivering all my trays i start collecting all the dirty ones and bring them down stairs where i then help wash all dishes and put everything away.
Pros
free lunch, nice co-workers, flexible hours, good pay
Cons
health insurance
good manger
STNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 27, 2015
we had to do vitals and take care of our patients our manger tuffy was awesome and she really cared about her team
we had to make sure that our patients was well taking care of . I enjoyed taking care of patients and our team was good
Pros
health insurance
Small community hospital with personal approach to patients
Cath Lab Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 5, 2014
Diverse work environment which often had people working in multiple areas with fluctuating census and outpatient loads. Learned a great deal about being flexible and adapting for productivity. Management was largely supportive, although sometimes at odds with bargaining unit. Co-workers were generally supportive and worked well together. Hardest part of the job was being downstaffed frequently for low census.
Pros
Personable work environment, friendly co-workers, time with patients and families
Cons
Lack of work
Great stepping stone to a future position in the medical field
Physician Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I over see a multi-specialty clinic and I have gained experience in Management and presenting information in a group setting. My co-workers are pretty amazing people with VERY strong work ethics. Helping our patients understand the complicated billing process is the most rewarding part of my job.
Pros
The hospital is small enough to to have the community hospital feel
Cons
Salaries are not comparable to the same postions in other locations
Productive workplace with a sense of unity.
Junior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 15, 2013
We close the books the first 2 weeks of each month. If we aren't closing, we are prepping to close and working on projects. We all help each other daily to complete tasks in a timely manner. We are always pushing to finish ahead of the deadline times without sacrificing quality.

One of the enjoyable things about working here is the team building and support. We celebrate birthdays, holidays, and milestones.
Pros
Support and the ability to grow as a person and in your career.
Cons
Compensation
Urgent Care Center
Health Information Discharge Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 6, 2013
Working in Dr. Stoerkel's was fast pace office. We scheduled appointments and also had walk in patient's.
Working at Ashtabula County Home was a wonderful experience.
I enjoyed giving the patients hands on care and showing them compassion from my heart.
Working at Ashtabula County Medical Center I have been there for
almost 18 years and love my job as a Discharge Clerk which the past year we have gone to the Electronic Medical Record. It is something great gone from trying to read the doctor's handwriting to clear typed reports in Epic.
I have been very lucky to have wonderful Managers to work for who's always there when needed and show me their appreciation for my work.
I do adapt to my co workers different personalities and we work as a team.
Pros
Great insurance coverage.
Caring For Patients
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 10, 2013
I never knew how it felt to really care for people until I worked at ACMC. Such a warm and productive hospital with so many caring employees. I've been a patient there myself and at the time, I had warm, caring nurses to look after me. ACMC is the place to work and build character.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
breaks are cut up into smaller ones
Good Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 14, 2013
Fast Paced constantly moving never a dull moment
I learned a ton in four months It would take me two pages to say what i learned
My co-workers were usually very happy some more snobby than needed although
Hardest part of the job was getting great as fast as i did
I love the people
Pros
Extra Hours, Great Pay
Cons
Bad Communication
Retail sales position
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OhioFebruary 26, 2014
I believe I can bring some wonderful skills to the job. I have extensive retail sales experience as well as customer service. I have a pleasant disposition, courteous and helpful by nature. I am eager to pitch in and do more than what is required to make sure the job is getting done precisely.
Pros
Healthcare
good learning
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHApril 27, 2012
not reliable place to work
enjoyed while there acute care setting I crossed the picket line, but I had information that the strike was ending, I have a signed letter from all the Docs for my service. staff Lpn laa shifts we had a great working relationship.
Pros
hospital we had a great crew
Cons
longest nursing strike in hx of us 10 months
Varied tasks and good management team
Nursing Administration Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHNovember 15, 2014
I perform many tasks and special projects for the Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Managers and Education Department. The work environment is very good and I have gained invaluable experience.
Pros
Varied work and work environment
Cons
Drive and pay
Great working environment with someone always willing to help out.
OR Processor (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 22, 2013
I performed decontamination and sterilization of surgical. I enjoyed my job, its a very important part of surgery. When I started I had no experience and learned every part of the position. I had great co-workers that knew the job very well.
High Turnover Rate
RN (Former Employee) –  AcmcJanuary 26, 2013
I would be careful with this company, it's more of a stepping stone. The organization has a lot of favoritism and management is very disorganized. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
good experience for other employment opportunities
Cons
politics, facility out of date
great place
CLINIC CLERK/ NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ashtabula ohioAugust 5, 2015
loved working at this small facility, wonderful place, just like home. management very friendly and caring. everyone is just great.
Pros
having a family setting
Cons
no cons
the job was enjoyable everyday. I had the job that mattered to me.
Assisting in internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2012
I was rewarded daily with a job that mattered very much to me. I had a devotion to the Doctors , Patients, and with the Team work. I look foreward to a new job that matters.
Very good work environment
Clinical instructor and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OhioMarch 30, 2015
Good hospital and a very good teaching hospital with staff who appreciate the learning curve experienced by beginner nursing students
Pros
A good health care facility
Cna
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMay 16, 2015
Great small hospital in ashtabula. Chance to work directly with patients and gain experience before deciding on being a nurse. The pay was low for the amount of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashtabula County Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ashtabula County Medical Center Reviews by Location