Ashtabula County Medical Center Employee Reviews

like my job
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHNovember 4, 2017
I've always liked my job, however, management has become very blind to several issues over the past few years. qualified people are not being hired, people are not being trained properly.
An Exciting, fulfilling place to work.
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHOctober 3, 2017
A typical day is taking care of patients,verifying insurances,making sure all information in the system is correct. what i have learned is always listen to what the patient is saying and helping them have a great experience. Management is very helpful, always available to help our needs, the hardest part of the job is when the patient is unhappy for reasons with their health. most enjoyable part is knowing i do my job the best of my ability.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
N/a
Good people. More need for career development
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OH 44004September 24, 2017
Nice people. The staff are the best part about this place. They have competitive pay as well as good benefits. Need further career developement.....
Great place to work!
Med Surg Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Great place to work! Fair Management. Positive, upbeat atmosphere.
2North has the best seasoned nurses, awesome manager and everyone is always willing to help.
what i learned
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, OHSeptember 22, 2017
for my first nursing job i gained experience and OJT knowledge, the experience allowed me to add to my skill set and gave me opportunities i might not have had at another facility
Great co-workers
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 20, 2017
12 hr days. overtime some times mandated. Had at least 21 patients before another person would be assigned to help on the floor. Could be a very busy and stressful work place at times.
Fast Paced
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJuly 28, 2017
You can see up to 180 patients depending on the office. Float potion is the easiest way to get started. You don't get paid a lot. Training can be a little hard to get or understand. Its a good way to get your foot in the door to a hospital.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Not paid a lot
Excellent workplace
CODING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJuly 11, 2017
ACMC is a great place to work. I enjoy most aspects of my job duties. I feel respected for my knowledge and abilities. I appreciate my co-workers. The department is committed to doing a good job.
very good
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 15, 2017
I would never of left except for the fact that the scheduling person could not make a fair and constant schedule. love working there great benefits at ACMC
Excellent job opprotunity
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 9, 2017
Great training program and people to work with.
Great benefits
Competitive pay
Fast paced, professional facility
Able to train and transfer to other departments for further experience.
over worked and underpaid
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 31, 2017
aides are over worked and under paid and often understaffed. aides are under appreciated by management. management only had negative things to say to aides.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no breaks. low of staff.
Ashtabula County Medical Center
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 2, 2016
The Ashtabula county Medical Center was an ever changing environment that continually strived to put patients first. That was one of the driving factors that kept me their for 9 years. I felt that the Administrations ethical standards were mirrored by my own and that the balance between work and family was very important. I had supportive management and co-workers that were exemplary.
Pros
Wage. stability, support
Cons
hard to get promoted
Great place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 10, 2016
Worked there when I first started working, great started job, wonderful facility, nice people and very clean, enjoyed my job very much.
good manger
STNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 27, 2015
we had to do vitals and take care of our patients our manger tuffy was awesome and she really cared about her team
we had to make sure that our patients was well taking care of . I enjoyed taking care of patients and our team was good
Pros
health insurance
Small but nice place to work
Cardiac/Nuero Tech (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHDecember 7, 2015
I loved working at Ashtabula my co workers were awesome, the schedule was flexible giving my still time to spend with my family. the Doctors were amazing so working with them was a great please and also a wonderful learning experience.
Pros
work evnvironment and the flexible hours
Cons
the 1hr and15min commute
Productive and Compassionate work place.
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 15, 2015
A review of my normal day would be coming to work clocking in, going to the back to help as much as i can till three oclock then going up stairs to help as many patients i can with ordering. By time i get done with that its time to start trayline and start putting trays together. Then i take all my trays up and help my patients with anything they need within my boundaries. Once i get done delivering all my trays i start collecting all the dirty ones and bring them down stairs where i then help wash all dishes and put everything away.
Pros
free lunch, nice co-workers, flexible hours, good pay
Cons
health insurance
great place
CLINIC CLERK/ NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ashtabula ohioAugust 5, 2015
loved working at this small facility, wonderful place, just like home. management very friendly and caring. everyone is just great.
Pros
having a family setting
Cons
no cons
No problems
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMay 21, 2015
The day went very fast . The co-workers were always helpful. The hardest part was getting up so early. Enjoyed the patients I drew blood on.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cna
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMay 16, 2015
Great small hospital in ashtabula. Chance to work directly with patients and gain experience before deciding on being a nurse. The pay was low for the amount of work.
High standards of care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHApril 29, 2015
High standards of care. Adequate nursing staff to perform patient care. Opportunities for advancement within the hospital.