ASI Employee Reviews

I never knew...
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  CTMay 10, 2014
I was harassed while I was there, because the work was to be split but I seemed to be doing all of it during the shift, working with 5 out of 6 clients, while one handled one, or decided to take 1 client out with them every day to go out to eat. I was left alone while staff left to go home, while still getting paid for the day, while I was left alone to take care of everyone by myself which included, feedings, bathings, meds, and a lot more. Several times without even being delegated by a nurse I was left alone with someone with a g-tube and c-pap and did not know what to do, and had to perform cpr because they were left in the wrong position before the aide left, they started choking, I was told by another staff, *Why did you give them hymlec maneuver it isn't like they needed it, they can't swallow* ... There were too few aides that actually cared, and a lot weren't properly trained. But do not get me wrong I am not unappreciative to what they provided me, I was provided a job, and all paid training's which I used and still use today, I enjoyed some of the workers, and of course enjoyed all the clients, I just believe they need to work harder on maintaining more monitoring over staff, and even if needed to have cameras, that is how bad things got sometimes!
Pros
gave me great experience.
Cons
i heard many rumors of people stealing
overall a good place to work, but need to provide time for feedback from there employees
Customer service specialist/Innovations team (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 9, 2014
I was able to learn additional programs and improve my customer service. Progressing into dealing with more individual product line and the difficult issues with a brand new hybrid water heater that requires re-educating the customer and myself at the same time.

Working with co-workers we're essential in my last position. A lot of the work was independent but at times worker with a co-team member for such things as service support could be a challenge if they were unavailable or if it took extended time to locate a service tech in certain area's of the country.

The hardest part of the job was getting approval for replacements in a timely manner and working with customer in that process.

ASI, Inc offered a workout room, ping pong table, and a outdoor basketball area. The provided a Health & Wellness check quarterly.
Pros
health coverage, inexpensive
Cons
health coverage did not include enough coverage for eyewear and nothing for hearing testing
Call Center atmosphere with friendly agents
Consumer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 29, 2012
A typical day at work would include coming onto shift taking incoming calls from General Electric appliance consumers. Scheduling technicians for service calls, offering consumer concessions for parts and service, communicating directly with contracts department to extend warranties for consumer needs.
The hardest part of the job was working with a slower computer based system.
The most enjoyable part of the job was finding a workable solution to consumer issues and recieving accolades for excellent telephone ettiquette from the company.
My co workers were always willing to help find resolutions to problems. Management staff member were extremely accessible and knowledgable.
I learned alot about General Electric appliances' assembly and service contracts.
Pros
monday through friday schedule, 10 am to 6 pm work hours, 1 hour lunch breaks, casual dress code
Cons
working with the dos computer base (green screen)
I was placed on contract within PD Systems Defense contractor
Michigan - Technical Illustrator, Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Harrison, MIDecember 27, 2015
Creation of Illustrations and Text for technical manuals for the US Government.
Illustrations created were of Electrical Components, Electrical Harnesses, Suspensions, Trailers.
These were exploded and assembled views, prospective, isometric and orthographic views & schematics.
Strong working knowledge of vector illustration software (Adobe Illustrator) and Photoshop.
Was able to trace photographs into line art and retouching photos.
Utilized cameras to photograph parts, engineering drawings and blueprints, existing parts, mock-ups, raster images, rough sketches, to make technical illustrations.
Management was a pleasure to work for. They valued the employees opinions (continious improvement processes).
Hardest part of the job was knowing it was a contract position and would not be a long term positon.
Most enjoyable part of the job was all the responsibility of the position
Pros
Many responsibilities
Cons
Not a long term contract position
hardworking, good social relationship, attention to details, responsible and sense of justice
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  2619 West Armitage, Chicago , ILAugust 2, 2013
I work hardworking from 8am thru 5 pm with people with disabilities. My job is about taking care of them at home. I make all duty about house, for example, cook, housekeeping, talking with them. In addition, I am a escort or bodyguard of my clients when they want to go shopping or visiting the doctor or some place. I have learned to be patient with them, to be a good listener, pay attention about details. My co-workers are great person because they do the same responsibilities in different part of the city and I have a excellent communication with them. The most hardest part of the job is low wage ($8.25). The most enjoyable part is to know the human , social and spiritual benefits that each worker ( Home Care Aide) gives to the elderly people in society.
Productive and nice work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDNovember 3, 2012
A typical day at work for me is arriving at work and starting my day by logging into my desktop on my computer. Then making sure all of the equipment that I need for my shift is working properly. I work in a call vented with very high call volume. My co workers and I work as a team. We always help each other when one has a problem we work together.The hardest part of my day is when we around mid day when the calls just come pouring in and you don't get a break from calls for about an hour when your answering calls back to back. And lastly the most enjoyable part of ky day is being there for the customers and helping others.
Pros
team work, good pay and nice work environment
Cons
short breaks, long hours and working every weekend
Everyday duties
Installer/ Technican (Current Employee) –  48 west 37streetAugust 10, 2015
Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Very good entry level position
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Personally i jumped at the opportunity to work at this company and I still to this day believe it is a great company to gain experience. As a hardware technician in this company you are exposed to multiple types of desktops, laptops and printers and there is never a dull moment. It can be overwhelming to someone who is looking for a job, but if your focus is on making a career in IT you couldn't find a better place. Obviously climbing the ladder to any company can be difficult but here there aren't as many steps to management. Positively most positions above Field Technicians on this contract are held by employees that were previously technicians who moved up.
Pros
excellent entry level it position
Cons
lack of benefits
SUCKED!!!!!!
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  LONE TREE, IOWADecember 20, 2013
I learned how I will never treat fellow employees. ASI taught me how to screw people out of over time, hours, schedules, that you have to do what ever people say and not have an opinion even when something is wrong. Safety does not matter, just look the other way. The ASI rep for our site is lazy doesn't even like to hand out pay check stubs. When they end your assignment to a permanent job you get denied unemployment benefits because they lie to the unemployment agency that you quit when ASI called you and told you not to report to work. I am very disappointed in this company.
Cons
everything
Temp service without the title for GE Appliances
Consumer Parts Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TennesseeJune 6, 2013
During the first day of hiring, everything seemed great. I eventually found out that they like to tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door. The turnover rate is extremely high due to a horrible attendance policy. The manager over HR is heartless so don't expect to much. The base pay rate is low and they make sales goals that sometimes make it impossible to get commission. You may start off as a full time worker and dropped down to part time because they hire too many people so be aware.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else
A typical day as a Marketing Manager
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 8, 2013
I always make sure I have a great plan in place, because I never know when the marketplace is going to change. Building great relationships (with sales, senior executives and marketing team members) and understanding processes and workflow are the keys to my success at ASI.

A typical day entails completing a lot important details and spending time with important team members on planning. I work with copywriters and designers on tactics and strategize with sales and other marketing executives on next steps.

We have a very creative environment and we are always trying new approaches to drive leads for our products.
Pros
anniversary lunch, pto, comp days for travel and marketing team is amazing
Cons
salary and travel commitments to other parts of the business
working alone or training no perks
FIRE INSPECTOR/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 21, 2014
scedual appt with customer drive to site inspect fire system with trainee showing him every thing about each system.
learned about 200 diferant typs of fire systems and training new people.i was my own boss and would train 1to2 men at a time.i got along with all my co-workers very well.the hardest part of the job was high rise buildings up and down stairs all day!!
the most enjoyable was going to schools and preschools to make sure every thing works and the children were safe from fire.
Pros
bonus every year
Cons
no health care, no paid vacation no raises
ASI was an overall nice place to work. The staff was friendly but it lacked a great benefit package for health and 401K.
Service Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 4, 2013
A typical day at ASI was dealing with customer complaints and product replacement. At ASI I learned a lot about dealing with conflict resolution and the appliances we were working with. My co-workers were fun to be around and it felt like a family setting. I think the hardest part of my was when the company closed and the easiest was coming to work. Although this job didn't offer the benefits package I would have liked it did offer many other things.
Pros
holiday parties, free lunches, bonuses
Cons
healthcare
Typical office environment
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDNovember 27, 2012
I have worked at ASI for 3 years now. I started at this job knowing nothing about the company, I have learned many things from each position I have worked and surpassed. A typical day consists of coming in on time going straight to work, and researching everything to ensure the company will be paid correctly. The hardest part about my job is overcoming the lack of communication between the office and the medical sites. I enjoy all of my coworkers and all the birthdays we celebrate here, it's a very cooperative community.
Pros
themed and holiday parties, random prizes
Cons
healthcare, short lunches, pto benefits, lack of communication in the office
Righttime-Call Center Representative
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDNovember 7, 2014
*Typical Day at Work
Answer Calls and Handle Report

*What I learn:
How to handle myself and support the team while in stressful situations.

*Co-Workers
Team Work Makes the Dream Work

*Hardest Part of the Job?
Management Inconsistency

*The most Enjoyable part of the Job
Reaching Daily Goals
Pros
co-workers, old manager that are no longer in the company
Cons
disrespectful management, no raises regardless off the years and performance, no training you learn as you go, seniority are expected to work all holiday while new comers have paid time of, new employee make more money than seniority, 30 unpaid minutes meal break, not guaranteed
work invierment was nice and wonderful co-workers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of, answering calls and assisting consumers with GE appliances. With setting appoints and reviewing their case to see if I may be able to help to lower the cost of the service. I learned how to assist the consumer as the job required. The management was easy to work with. co-workers were helpful and kind. the hardest part of the job was when I was not able to help the consumer to there satisfaction. the most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help the consumer and offer the consumer help above what they were expecting.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks and could have offered more perks/benefits
A great place where I enjoyed helping people.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnDecember 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job at Asi was, talking to diffrent peolple from all over the country everyday, and helping people and actually walking them through step by step on how to fix their appliances. My co-workers, managers, and supervisors were terrific. At Asi I learned to be more patient and understanding, because the worst part of my job was when the holidays came around. People would call about their stove being broke and how they couldn't cook for Thanksgiving or Christmas. For the most part Asi was great.
Pros
free hours off work
Don't not work at ASI
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TnJune 8, 2013
I hated! This job company & management. It's I'd Extremly stressful & they have unrealistic expectations of consumer advocates! The basis is to take calls all day where people cuss you out & you are to plead with them without them wanting to escalate. Your job security is based of the surveys they send to the consumers who rate you & if their issue was resolved. If your scores are low they out u on a PIP then fired!
Pros
benefits incentives weekly pay paid holidays
Cons
bad management short breaks extremly stressful
Working at ASI/Promissor/Pearson Vue was a great experience that I enjoyed.
Customer Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  8401 Corporate Drive, Lanham MDJuly 11, 2013
I enjoyed working at ASI/Promissor/Pearson Vue. I was the Administrative Receptionist. I was responsible for meeting, greeting and assisting all walk in customers with the completeness of their application for license renewals or new license applications. I received the checks or money orders for payment. I answered all incoming calls and directed them to each extension. I also worked in the mail room sorting mail and stamping outgoing mail. The employees and management were helpful in assisting in training for new task or overall work. My greatest enjoyment was satisfying customers.
ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute)
SVP/HR (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PaJanuary 22, 2013
Our company is located in Trevose, Pa. We provide technology based business services to 27,000 clients in the promotional products industry. We are a multi year winner of Best Places to Work including 2012. We are not connected to ASI a mfg company located in Calif.
Pros
full service cafe, starbucks located on-site, free fitness classes, on-site daycare, dry cleaning and auto services. fun employee events; asi oktoberfest, tailgate party, asi's got talent, field day, biggest loser comptetition...