ASIG Employee Reviews

preety Cool work environment
Cabin Lead, Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2018
It was sad to see experience the transition of ownership ASIG to Menzies. The team I built with ASIG was one of the best teams I could have ever worked with, until Menzies bought ASIG out.
Not for everyone
Fueler/ Tanker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2018
It was a lot of heavy lifting, which I didn't mind but while my direct supervisor was great, his manager was not. His manager wanted tried to write me up for being late and termed me before I even got the write up because he didn't like me. Then our "union rep" did nothing to fight for my job,
Pros
good pay.
Cons
Upper management
Great place
Aircraft Deicer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 2, 2018
I learned a lot from so many amazing people at ASIG. They challenged me and helped me learn a lot about myself. They are like one big family and everyone is so nice.
long hours and low pay
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 23, 2017
very low paying job for what you do, management will add extra shifts to your schedule all the time, double and sometimes triple shifts are a norm and it is definitely not safe to be operating a fuel truck on a flight line with less than 4 hours of sleep because you been working for 22 hours straight.
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
low pay long hours
N/a
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 19, 2017
It was a ok Job. When the raining season came didn't really take care if the employees wait rain gear like the rest of the companies but, they did what they could.
productive job
Driver, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2017
As a truck driver I'm learn to ,any things. working for Disney guest resort. delivery the bags pick up and drop off. As a dispatcher making email report. daily report, tracking trucks at the computer with the GPS tracking.
Pros
It's was great expirience.
Cons
nothing
under paid
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2017
under paid to be working with hazardous material. To be at the worlds busiest airport all fuelers got paid was 9.00 hr. physical work paid every two weeks. insurance was great.
Pros
good insurance
Great place
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 28, 2017
went to work got my fight sheet and went to work. I had amazing communication with the other fullers and they were always willing to pick up a shift if need be
terrible management at Guam station
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  GuamNovember 18, 2017
High turn over rate. Lazy supervisors. Admin is a hot mess-rarely in the office. The moral needs to be improved. The supervisors treat employees like slaves. Supervisors need to be replaced: joanie, jennye, mike, and john john
Pros
weekly pay. (minimum wage tho)
Cons
low moral. terrible admin/management
Fun work place
Ground Service Agent//Plane Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTNovember 17, 2017
Loved the hours learned so much about ground service and what it takes to get a plane ready for its flight co workers were great management was great fun experience
Pros
hours
Cons
Temporary job
You had to work in a fast paced
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 9, 2017
You had to clean airplanes in a fast paced and if plane was gonna delay you had to stay late no matter the time the plane would come & It was a lot of work for A little pay
Productive and fun
passenger service agent (Current Employee) –  jfkNovember 6, 2017
Enjoyable work place and accomodated employees. A typical day is highly energetic and very quick paced. Job tasks are time sensitive and sometimes physically demanding. However, every completion of a day is rewarding. A big plus is that there is always opportunity to improve. I just wish the pay is better.
Pros
customers love to travel
Cons
pay
Well organized
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2017
Great company. It didn’t pay much but was great people there were great including managers never had any problems with the job or any one it was very well organized company
Pros
Great company all around
Cons
Pay was not great
Stressful work place to far to drive
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2017
The people are unprofessional the breaks are not consistent the supervisors take up for the women all the time they will never try to a mans side of the story & if they di they'll fo nothing about it.
Great enviroment with meeting new people
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 26, 2017
A typical day of work is very fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job would be the flights leaving the airport on time. The workplace culture is very interesting because you meet so many different people from across the world.
Pretty nice place to work
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
After awhile, I may have not liked it but other people enjoyed working there because they were there a lot longer than I have been and that is maybe why I didn't enjoy working there
great coworkers
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
Great people to work with very fast paced learned how to fuel a plane most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Management could have been better
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
mandation
Good company
Fuel Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
I liked my position at this company it gave my good hours. Fueling was kick back but then again it was quick paced at night. I wasn't a whole lot to learn but you just had to learn the right way to do the job.
Honest Review
Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2017
A lot of opportunity to learn how to work on a large variety of aircrafts and use various aviation equipment that most standard airlines and ground handling companies don't offer or use. Downside you have to find an employee willing to train you personally because upper management will have you waiting and asking for months.

There were a few good managers/employees that tried to help the company running smoothly. Favoritism is HIGH especially depending on the department you work for.

Starting pay rate & Lack of annual increase verse the work load is horrible. The job isnt hard once you learn what you need to know, but the long hours and extra work due to lack of employees they should pay more starting. After the loss of multiple contracts the starting rate for the work load/number of employees now is probably perfect.

If you can not handle working outside in various weather conditions, doing heavy lifting, fast pace environment with random up/down times, driving equipment this is not the field for you.
Pros
learning exprience, employees make work fun and interesting
Cons
pay rate, lack of career advancement, management
Takes advantage
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
This place is a zoo. Absolutely no work ethic by most of its employees. Extremely low wages that are truly an embarrassment for such a huge responsibility. If most people had any clue as to what was fueling the aircraft they were about to travel in, they would cancel flights by the thousands. all of the KIDS working here are eligible for some type of public assistance. Crying Shame!
Pros
Cons
Lack of livable wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASIG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7