ASIG Employee Reviews in United States

fun place
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2016
The hours are good with mandatory overtime one to two days a week Begin fueling planes once you arrive and then you have about an hour lunch between planes
Extremely busy but loved my schedule
Lead Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 24, 2016
I was overjoyed to come to a new environment and even happier when I received a promotion within just six months. This made me excited to come to work each day and help passengers to have a great start to their trip.
fuel farm is low key pressure not like fueling airlines
fuel farm operator/accounting associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work is gathering all tickets and board sheets and making sure everything is input correctly and making proper corrections when needed. Then I print out reports and sales info to the airlines as needed on a daily basis. When everything is done and checked out properly then it is sent to financing and billing is checked on a daily basis for certain airlines. Then I go out to the fuel farm and check that the daily paperwork is filled out correctly and filed properly for auditor's from various airlines and the FAA. I do security checks and fuel testing when topping tanks. I was a fueler for a number of years so when there is a problem out on the airport with fuel trucks I sometimes take the initiative to help out so they do not delay flights.
Pros
work without any pressure from management or supervision
Cons
benefit program
Poorly managed, not the best co-workers, but decent pay.
Aircraft Deicer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2016
Very disorganized team management out of the Indianapolis base. Was often called in to work and never worked. Often there was no work to be done but was told to stay.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, co-works
Fun environment, great compensation
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 7, 2016
Organized, time management skills, management staff at last bank, great coworkers, hardest leaving, enjoyable christmas grab bags, 401k, vacation pay!
Pros
PERKS; DD GIFT CARDS, BONUSES
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, NON-COMPETITIVE PAY
A good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
Very helpful people at this Philadelphia Airport facility. Great group of guys willing to show you the ropes. A great opportunity to advance in whatever direction you choose to apply .
Poor management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 17, 2016
Love working in aviation but ASIG and BBA will take the love right out of it. They care only about profit rather than investing in there employees. Treat all emplyees like robots and expect nothing less.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very bad leadership
over worked under pay
Dispatcher/Fueler/Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2016
They ask for too much. Always under staff. Management has favoritism. I learned that people there don't have your back.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no flying benefits
Job was ok not the best place to start
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 7, 2016
Poor management light with workers so you have to do double if not all of the work. No benefits or pay raise only thing about this job is the hours you get.
Job is nice and bosses are great
Fuel Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2016
Upon clocking in I do inventory and at 5 am I do the morning push. I have learned a lot about fuel from my bosses and the tests we take for haz mats updates.

I enjoy working with the airline companies.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
asig
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 2, 2016
Processed reservations, coordinated stand-by and monitored cabin availability.
Issued travel and hotel vouchers for passengers on overbooked and cancelled flights.
Instructed passengers on all safety and emergency procedures and answered any questions. Responded politely to passenger complaints regarding ticketing and baggage handling.
Pros
flexible hours, you had to be in your p & q, learn to multitask
Cons
very short breaks, poor management, lack of communication, lifting bags that you were not initial to do that was not part of what you sign up for
Work
Ramp Agent and Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2016
I worked outside the airport for several years and is looking to work in a new environment at a pay I can support my family and myself.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I need more money
it's a job
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I think if management tweaks it policies it would be and outstanding job. its not a company you can move up the executive ladder.
Pros
nice money
Cons
no breaks, no growth
Great work enviroment
Cross Utilized Agent (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 1, 2016
Great opportunity for students who are unsure about their career path and additionally there is an opportunity to learn a great deal about the aviation imdustry.
Asig as a whole is a very great company to work with.
passenger service agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
A typical work day at asig is not your average work day you meet new people everyday. I learned how to compute documents into the computer. The management are very nice and they want you to be great at what you do. The co-workers are a joy to be around if you need any help you can count on your co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is learning how to put all the information into the company database to receive the passengers boarding passes. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the help you receive from your team and the experience to just work with great people.
Pros
The benefits and the team work.
Cons
The part-time shift.
try it for yourself.
Fueler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2015
most likely you only get one day off. You work 15 hours a day. Leads and supervisors are all lazy except for 2. Good Luck. Job Security is excellent only because they cant afford to let you go.
Pros
could earn alot but never have time to spend or enjoy fruits of your labor.
Cons
no family time.
Horrible pay, no advancement
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2015
Its a suitable job if you are interested in aviation. The people are great and you get to learn a lot about how the airport functions down on the ramps and runways. However, the pay does NOT justify the work! There are no benefits offered, turnover rate is ridiculously high, and there is absolutely no room for advancement in pay or rank.
Pros
Educational aviation environment, Good people
Cons
LOW pay, no benefits, no raises
asig
DE-ICER (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 9, 2015
the work environment and managers were excellent to work with. i also found the actual rewarding and fun to do. the only con i would say would be the fact that it is a season position
Could be better
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2015
just needs more order an also needs to take better care of there employees due to the harsh weather condtions they need a break room on the field for the workers could have shelter.
Pros
entry level
Cons
no order lack of training, an old equipment
Excellent Organization
DEICER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2015
This air support group has excellent hands on and customer service training. Their approach to customer service is among the best in the industry.
Pros
Excellent organization