ASIG Employee Reviews in United States

Diversed working environment
Pasenger service agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
Meeting many people everyday, communicating with passengers, working as a team, helping people from all over the world.
Extremely busy but loved my schedule
Lead Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 24, 2016
I was overjoyed to come to a new environment and even happier when I received a promotion within just six months. This made me excited to come to work each day and help passengers to have a great start to their trip.
Working at ASIG
Baggage Handler/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2013
A typical day at work for me would be coming in to the check point to moves bins back and forth, dealing with co-workers and also passengers. Things I've learned on my own would be just do your work the best you can, always have manners, always be aware of who you decide to socialize with. When it comes to Management they where hard working, always on the move and friendly As far as co-workers I've worked with some good hard working friends and also some very laid back not hard working ones. My hardest part of work would be moving bags and bins back n forth but mostly dealing with rude passengers also co-workers. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet different people each day was great.
Pros
breaks
Cons
benifits, promotions
Ramp Agent
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
They Don't Pay much to begin with and didn't want to pay me for all my hours. The job promised to pay for orientation they didn't. They lie alot.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
TO MUCH WORK, they don't want to pay
Poorly managed, not the best co-workers, but decent pay.
Aircraft Deicer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2016
Very disorganized team management out of the Indianapolis base. Was often called in to work and never worked. Often there was no work to be done but was told to stay.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, co-works
Fun environment, great compensation
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 7, 2016
Organized, time management skills, management staff at last bank, great coworkers, hardest leaving, enjoyable christmas grab bags, 401k, vacation pay!
Pros
PERKS; DD GIFT CARDS, BONUSES
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, NON-COMPETITIVE PAY
Great work enviroment
Cross Utilized Agent (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 1, 2016
Great opportunity for students who are unsure about their career path and additionally there is an opportunity to learn a great deal about the aviation imdustry.
Poor management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 17, 2016
Love working in aviation but ASIG and BBA will take the love right out of it. They care only about profit rather than investing in there employees. Treat all emplyees like robots and expect nothing less.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very bad leadership
Possibly one of the worst companies I have worked for.
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2015
Fueled Aircraft at an airport on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job wasn't the actual work, it was dealing with the management. They required every employee to work "Mandatory Overtime". I ended up working 60+ hours a week even when I was supposed to be part time working 32 hours a week and they didn't give me additional pay for the overtime I worked.. Employees are generally nice but don't expect cleanly work environments. Management is the biggest group of lazy dirtbags I have ever met. They shorted me on my paycheck twice and argued with me about it for hours. All the fueling equipment was either completely broken or half broken and they never fixed it. Safety standards were poor for a work environment that is fairly dangerous.
Pros
Get to work outside, not a lot of sitting, easy work
Cons
Bad management, bad schedules, poor safety standards
nice place to work and advance
FUELER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2015
would have liked to continue working there. Lost photo copy of driver's license. Did not get replacement in time. needed to have photo copy of license at all times to drive at airport.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
no chance of salary increase
fun place
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2016
The hours are good with mandatory overtime one to two days a week Begin fueling planes once you arrive and then you have about an hour lunch between planes
it's a job
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I think if management tweaks it policies it would be and outstanding job. its not a company you can move up the executive ladder.
Pros
nice money
Cons
no breaks, no growth
Would like to work here again
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2015
I really enjoyed this job and want to work here again they have great benefits and also a great supervisor. I really enjoyed working outside in different types of weather
A good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
Very helpful people at this Philadelphia Airport facility. Great group of guys willing to show you the ropes. A great opportunity to advance in whatever direction you choose to apply .
Job is nice and bosses are great
Fuel Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2016
Upon clocking in I do inventory and at 5 am I do the morning push. I have learned a lot about fuel from my bosses and the tests we take for haz mats updates.

I enjoy working with the airline companies.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Work
Ramp Agent and Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2016
I worked outside the airport for several years and is looking to work in a new environment at a pay I can support my family and myself.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I need more money
Loading planes
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  ATLANTA,GAOctober 21, 2012
Loading and unloading military planes
I learn how to be safe and work efficiently at the busy airport out on the ramp.
Management taught me things that I can use life long.
I loved all my coworkers they were all team players and we got along as family.
Loading 70 to 100 pound bags.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out the soldiers and ensuring them that they would arrive and depart ontime and greeting them with smiling faces.
Pros
long breaks and good benefits
Cons
if there was no flight coming in that meant no work.
productive and consistant
Aircraft Servicing International Group (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaMarch 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of it was I was working in the airport and it is like a totally different world. I learned how to successfully fuel Delta planes.
Pros
The benefits of seeing the background of the airport everyday
Cons
weather issues. rain sleet or snow you working
not what it sounds like
Plane Fueler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2015
Don't expect to get off when you are suppose to get off always needing some one to stay late or stay in till the person that is late shows up
always needing people to do a double constant call outs if no one wants to stay be and you have plans be ready to be told that they are going to mando you and if you leave you get written up even if you have to pick up a child from school or any reason anytime you go in you might as well think its a 50/50 chance you may have to stay your union takes 20 dollars out of each check so 40 a month good luck
Pros
not many
Cons
to many
Fun working with s team
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 23, 2012
It was long days at the Airport 12hrs shifts, What I took in from working there pass 4yrs how to lead of to become Leads and Supervisor and even Duty Managers. I learned how to teach others how to do what I do. Love working with people that are motivated and very open minded. The hardest part of the job was re positioning the plane in the snow. what I enjoyed most was the pay check at the end of the week.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
working in bad weather, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASIG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8