ASIG Employee Reviews

Sucks the life out of you
Mail Sorter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2016
You work holiday. Even the special one like New Year's Eve, and Christmas Eve. The management is somewhat un fair.
I worked here because I was a student and it worked with my schedule
Cons
No breaks. No benefits
Horrible place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCNovember 17, 2016
Had issues with receiving my pay correctly. Had to have 6 separate checks issued in a 5 month time period. Had an OJI that I reported to supervisor and was called an idiot to my face when I reported it. Wasn't asked if I needed medical attention. Finally after a month of working I was able to go get my injury looked at. Them once my OJI was over and released I got suspended for something I could not control.
im very passionate about my career i love been in hands on situations
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2016
I love been outside or indoors Im very passionate about any job I put my mind to ill death fully get the task done im very determine and a hard worker
god starter job
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company management was excellent and resourceful. if it was not seasonal i would be still working with them or try to collaborate both jobs into my life schedule
Cool place to work when i was there. Don't know how is it now?
Supervisor Ground Services (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Leading, directing. coordinating the effects of ground,line,and cabin services personnel and the timely delivery of all services for airlines contracted.
Quick paced, enjoyable experience
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2016
I enjoyed working for ASIG didn't approve of how they did a few things but still overall good experience. Would go to fuel aircraft as needed, sometimes had extra flights or late flights, Didn't agree with out they managed call in's etc... sometimes would have to pull double even double and a half shifts
Diversed working environment
Pasenger service agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
Meeting many people everyday, communicating with passengers, working as a team, helping people from all over the world.
horrible place to work
customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 7, 2016
When asig got the contract for air canada system wide they allowed some of us AC employees to stay on at lower pay. Management at BDL have no clue how to run an airline. They should stick to fueling and deicing only. Was hoping AC would tear up the contract due to all the bad happenings going on there but i gave up after 2 years of incompetent management and revolving door of deadbeat workers who showed up for work when they wanted. Definite favortism going on there along with stealing customers bag fees. Beware of applying there. They will treat you badly.
Pros
no pros whatsoever
Cons
low pay, no benefits at all
Serious and responsible employees.
Fueler/Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2016
It is a good place to work, productive with many customers, benefits,health, dental and vision insurance and responsible staff and management..
Pros
Once the employee has experience is not a hard job.
Cons
The job is performed in hard environment: fuel, noisy and heavy traffic inside the airport.
Great place to work with plenty of advancements
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2016
-typical day at work is a productive day
-how to fuel aircraft and ground equipment
-co-workers are great and professional
-hardest part of the day is leaving
-most enjoyable part of day is seeing aircraft take off knowing you played a critical part in making it happen
Pros
Great job all the way around
Cons
none to mention
bad company to work for
LEAD FUELER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
I learned how to be a good worker no matter what I learned to stay focused on my job tasks and to mind my own business. My work crew was fine but the managers and supervisors were not they use to come and go like revolving doors.
Pros
depending on which job positon you work by yourself
Cons
bad managment horrible supervisors and managers
Ramp Agent
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
They Don't Pay much to begin with and didn't want to pay me for all my hours. The job promised to pay for orientation they didn't. They lie alot.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
To much work, they don't want to pay
fun place
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2016
The hours are good with mandatory overtime one to two days a week Begin fueling planes once you arrive and then you have about an hour lunch between planes
Extremely busy but loved my schedule
Lead Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 24, 2016
I was overjoyed to come to a new environment and even happier when I received a promotion within just six months. This made me excited to come to work each day and help passengers to have a great start to their trip.
fuel farm is low key pressure not like fueling airlines
fuel farm operator/accounting associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work is gathering all tickets and board sheets and making sure everything is input correctly and making proper corrections when needed. Then I print out reports and sales info to the airlines as needed on a daily basis. When everything is done and checked out properly then it is sent to financing and billing is checked on a daily basis for certain airlines. Then I go out to the fuel farm and check that the daily paperwork is filled out correctly and filed properly for auditor's from various airlines and the FAA. I do security checks and fuel testing when topping tanks. I was a fueler for a number of years so when there is a problem out on the airport with fuel trucks I sometimes take the initiative to help out so they do not delay flights.
Pros
work without any pressure from management or supervision
Cons
benefit program
Poorly managed, not the best co-workers, but decent pay.
Aircraft Deicer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2016
Very disorganized team management out of the Indianapolis base. Was often called in to work and never worked. Often there was no work to be done but was told to stay.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, co-works
Fun environment, great compensation
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 7, 2016
Organized, time management skills, management staff at last bank, great coworkers, hardest leaving, enjoyable christmas grab bags, 401k, vacation pay!
Pros
Perks; dd gift cards, Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks, Non-competitive pay
A good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
Very helpful people at this Philadelphia Airport facility. Great group of guys willing to show you the ropes. A great opportunity to advance in whatever direction you choose to apply .
Poor management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 17, 2016
Love working in aviation but ASIG and BBA will take the love right out of it. They care only about profit rather than investing in there employees. Treat all emplyees like robots and expect nothing less.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very bad leadership
over worked under pay
Dispatcher/Fueler/Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2016
They ask for too much. Always under staff. Management has favoritism. I learned that people there don't have your back.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no flying benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASIG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7