NLP Data Scientist
Ask Ziggy, Inc – Rocklin, CA
Ask Ziggy works with clients to optimize messaging to customers by getting to know their customers’ behaviors and pushing messages at the right time. At Ask Ziggy you will be working to enhance our patented NLP and Analytic platform and work with our clients in the wearable and device OEM space to extract meaning from notifications and social network content using supervised and unsupervised machine learning, social network analysis, and modeling to provide customized domain-aware agents that deliver content naturally and efficiently with their users.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Competitive Bay Area Salary at Sacramento cost of living with stock options
- Great benefits, including a comprehensive health care plan
- A 401K plan
- Paid time-off
- Free 9 hole miniature golf in the atrium
- Plenty of snacks and drinks in the company lounge
You definitely have:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science with Machine Learning and/or Computational Linguistics. Alternatively, M.Sc. with NLP and Machine Learning experience.
- Both the independence to contribute to design decisions and the ability to implement software designs on a deadline
- Excellent multitasking, troubleshooting, and communication ability
- Expertise programming in one or more of F#, C#, Java, C++, Python, Scala
- 3+ years working with natural language processing toolkits: Wordnet, Stanford NLP, Open NLP, Mallet, Mahout, NLTK, etc
- Experience in language modeling
- Experience programming in one or more of: Python, Scala, Clojure or other languages targeting the JVM or .NET
- Experience with Information Retrieval, particularly with Named Entity Recognition, Document Classification, or Topic Modeling
- 2+ years experience with knowledge management tools (e.g. RDF triple-stores)
- Experience in creating or using syntactic and statistical parsers
- Real-world experience with language models, detection, density and diversity
- Deep background with respect to processing syntax trees and dependency graphs, e.g. noun chunks, dependency triples
- Experience implementing algorithms, e.g. Viterbi, Max Ent., Naïve Bayes
- Experience with word sense
- Proven experience in successfully solving named entity recognition and reference resolution problems
- Demonstrable work on text classification, text clustering and topic modeling and the use of semantic extraction in building out prediction models in general
- Good proficiency in lexical semantics and concept similarity
- Familiarity with knowledge representation (e.g. semantic nets), ontology design and machine reasoning
- Previous work on sentiment analysis (more than just “bag-of-words”)
- Exposure to discourse analysis e.g. text coherence, pronominal anaphora resolution, etc.
- Experience solving NLP tasks in a multi-language environment, including internet and subculture vernaculars
- Proficiency in string-theoretic algorithms, e.g. stemming, fuzzy logic
Ask Ziggy, Inc. does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Ask Ziggy, Inc. will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Ask Ziggy, Inc. and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Less Type. More Talk. The Natural Language Understanding (NLU) API.
We're changing the user experience by providing the best possible...