ASMO Employee Reviews

great place
Crew Member (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: short lunches
Cons: short breaks
very fun place to work meet new people as well and the hardest part of the day is leaving i love my managers and co workers. I Learned how to welcome people and show them that they matter to us and encourage them to do their best.
interesting place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Greenville NCJune 23, 2015
The job is very interesting. I enjoyed learning how to properly inspect small motors by company guidelines. Upon arrival you are constantly working with only ten minute breaks and thirty minute lunch. The new ways to use measurement equipment on the computer. I enjoyed working with the lead inspector, she was very sweet and knowledgeable. My supervisor was also a delight to work with. This job helped me to work at fast and steady pace.
Good Working Enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 2, 2015
It's a good working environment, but it would be better to have a little more free time. When full-time pay and benefits are great.
Easy type of work for very little pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greenville ncApril 28, 2015
Pros: steady easy work that always had me busy.
Cons: working a little to hard for what i was getting paid.
A typical work day starts with a 5 to 10 minute meeting to make sure everyone it there and talk over work load. Then we split off in groups of 4 and go to assigned production lines and start to assemble small parts for cars. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the machines we use are always running properly. Assembling the parts was easy. My only concern when i first started was my speed but i picked up with ease running 100-110 % above the required 90%. Most of my coworker where fun to be around. However i found that because i worked with a lot go ladies my age and younger they talk a little to much and cannot get the work done. I prefer to work with ladies that are my age and older.
great place
P3 HOLDER/ MACHINR OPERATOR (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 31, 2015
Good pay if you are an permanent employee. Temporary associates do the same work for half the pay. Good benefits, but again only if you are a permanent associate.
WORK DAY
Production Worker (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2015
• Operated machinery used in the production process, or assisted machine operators.
• Examined products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Observed equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of and malfunctions.
• Read and interpreted schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine material requirements or assembly instructions.
• Assembled electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, writing, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro welding equipment.
Good benefits but Job and life balance very poor
Leadership (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits, job security
Cons: very demanding schedules, low associate morale in many areas
ASMO has very progressive activities however under staffed. The culture is only interested in work, no life balance. There have been recent attempts to correct that environment but it is slow growing.
It does allow progressive dedicated associates to use a vast knowledge of skills. Associates understand the life balance and as such ASMO has high turn over.
Top management is working to find a way to create good balance and most management is caring and helpful.
experience international job security & customer service
Federal International Services (Current Employee), Miami International Airport, FLMarch 12, 2015
Cons: sick days, vacations, 401k & bonus
Customer services coordinator in Federal international services with security operation in Miami International Airport US.
Work with different cultures & languages.
The hardest part of the job is keeping focused in personal carrion passengers & identified is clear for don't attempt to the airport.
It was Ok
Executive Personnel (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 10, 2015
My manager was very kind and friendly. The co-workers were as well. The supervisors was very rude and misleading. Overall, I loved the experience although it was very tiring.
Stable company, great benefits
Electrical instrumentation/ Electronic technician (Former Employee), Statesville, NCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no time off
Work for techs centers around equipment repairs and scheduled maintenance. Learned a lot about programmable logic controllers. hardest part of the job was little to no time off, but coworkers were fun to be around and everyone is very helpful.
Great workplace, great people
Molding operator (Former Employee), Statesville, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: always busy with tons of work
Cons: far drive
ASMO is by far the best place I have every worked. From operators to HR your treated with respect and comfortable with any department. Plenty of opportunities and the pay for the job is great. Easy to stay busy and a perfect schedule with awesome benefits.
Productive and easy work
Line Attendant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: easy work friendly supervisor
Cons: short breaks
Having a meeting every morning of what need to be done, co workers getting along with each other was the best part, cleaning up at the end to get out on time was the hardest
Low Pay
Set-up Technician (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIDecember 26, 2014
The work was hard but i had some good team leaders that taught me a lot. I feel like their upper management are making poor choices.
Awful Company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Statesville, NCDecember 16, 2014
Poorly managed company, will quickly move people and replace with temp employees. Very two faced, regardless of approaching them about topics first
Good Environment
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: being able to learn more as i work
Cons: when the job runs out and i have to find another one ..looking for something permanent
One of the ones who is willing to work whenever I am needed. I learned to apply whatever I have learned from a previous job ,can be a help where I'm working at , at the time. It's nice to have co-workers but even better to have co-workers that are there to work and not play . I respect my management because they gave me this opportunity. Hardest part could be not knowing exactly what you are doing. The most enjoyable is knowing that I have a job.
fast pace
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 26, 2014
fast pace environment. on time productivity and professionalism. team work
Evenly based workflow and expectation
Material Handler (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks, team members
Cons: security
ASMO is a workplace where being taught the job and getting promoted are encouraged.
productive and a great job
Material handler (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 28, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: short breaks
very great job and great surroundings. have a lot of fun making windshield wipers, wiith the machines called jigs. an placing the windshield wipers in big containers for shipping.
Was not a bad place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 11, 2014
Pros: great management and coworkers.
Cons: pay was very low.
ASMO was a very comfortable work environment, The supervisor and all employees worked great together. Our lunches and breaks were taken at a designated time. The only down-side was the pay was not that great.
great starter company for someone just graduating college
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people from japan
Cons: japanese control the company. due to work perments continous change in management.
Only get a raise once a year. High turnover rate even in management. No advancement unless some one quits.