ASMO Employee Reviews

Horrible place
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834August 10, 2016
There is no structure here. They wait till Thursday to let you know whether you are required to work OT on Weekend. They do not hiring when extremely needed. Managers change policies at their own whem.
production
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 11, 2016
This company mostly focused on product and not the people that worked there. You had to go in daily and get right to work which was fine but not because they couldn't get the scheduling right due to management fault. The hardest part was dealing with manager who looked out for certain employee and not everyone. I enjoyed the money and the benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
horrible manaement
very hard work for very little pay
Assembler/Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 12, 2016
very strict on lunch and breaktime
the people were pleasant to work with
management was not helpful in trying to get you hired
Decent pay but not worth the headache
Line Keeper (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 1, 2016
The worst management ever. No opportunities to advance and become more. Associates have no voice. Good ideas are ignored. Overall, the actual work is easy as pie but the people (management) are the worst.
Pros
They give anybody a job.
Cons
They give anybody a job.
I didn't enjoy this job at all. I was on the assembly line and trained to do most of the things required on this line but was hardly ever rotated.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 4, 2016
It was the same every night. I went to the same spot and stayed there for 6 hours and would only get to rotate once after break. I learned what products the company made and how to sort of create pieces of that product to complete its form.
A good place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 9, 2016
ASMO is a great company to work for if you can find a place that fits you. Heavy lifting is required in a lot of places, such as driving a tugger, and picking up parts to load into a machine. But there are places for women or lighter industrial workers in assembly.
It was a very productive and fun job to work for.
quality control (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 18, 2015
Made sure I made production everyday I went to work. I learned how to inspect products properly. The management was amazing. I got along with all of the co-workers. The hardest part was not having enough work to do after running all products on machine. Getting compliments from supervisor for outstanding work.
Pros
Great lunch breaks
Cons
N/A
productive and fun place to work
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working for the Asmo team. I had a really good relationship with my team leader and co-workers. It was an enjoyable learning experience.
Very safe and productive environment
Executive Personnel (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 2, 2015
I t was a very safe and productive work place and a very up tempo job to have. I like the hours and employees that were there they were very consistent with helping train me and very patient.
Terrible Management
Die Casting (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 21, 2015
terrible management
organization
treats employees horribly
wrk 12 long hrs with a 30min lunch no a/c cant talk
Ppl are always on your back talk to you like your a child
your work Is never apprecaited
Assembly line
Assembler Temp (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 25, 2015
Work paste fast . Good management . Great co workers . The hardest part of job was standing on feet all day . Enjoyed most of the work.
interesting place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville NCJune 23, 2015
The job is very interesting. I enjoyed learning how to properly inspect small motors by company guidelines. Upon arrival you are constantly working with only ten minute breaks and thirty minute lunch. The new ways to use measurement equipment on the computer. I enjoyed working with the lead inspector, she was very sweet and knowledgeable. My supervisor was also a delight to work with. This job helped me to work at fast and steady pace.
Good Working Enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2015
It's a good working environment, but it would be better to have a little more free time. When full-time pay and benefits are great.
Easy type of work for very little pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville ncApril 28, 2015
A typical work day starts with a 5 to 10 minute meeting to make sure everyone it there and talk over work load. Then we split off in groups of 4 and go to assigned production lines and start to assemble small parts for cars. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the machines we use are always running properly. Assembling the parts was easy. My only concern when i first started was my speed but i picked up with ease running 100-110 % above the required 90%. Most of my coworker where fun to be around. However i found that because i worked with a lot go ladies my age and younger they talk a little to much and cannot get the work done. I prefer to work with ladies that are my age and older.
Pros
steady easy work that always had me busy.
Cons
working a little to hard for what i was getting paid.
great place
P3 HOLDER/ MACHINR OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 31, 2015
Good pay if you are an permanent employee. Temporary associates do the same work for half the pay. Good benefits, but again only if you are a permanent associate.
Work day
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2015
• Operated machinery used in the production process, or assisted machine operators.
• Examined products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Observed equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of and malfunctions.
• Read and interpreted schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine material requirements or assembly instructions.
• Assembled electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, writing, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro welding equipment.
Good benefits but Job and life balance very poor
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 21, 2015
ASMO has very progressive activities however under staffed. The culture is only interested in work, no life balance. There have been recent attempts to correct that environment but it is slow growing.
It does allow progressive dedicated associates to use a vast knowledge of skills. Associates understand the life balance and as such ASMO has high turn over.
Top management is working to find a way to create good balance and most management is caring and helpful.
Pros
good benefits, job security
Cons
very demanding schedules, low associate morale in many areas
experience international job security & customer service
Federal International Services (Current Employee) –  Miami International Airport, FLMarch 12, 2015
Customer services coordinator in Federal international services with security operation in Miami International Airport US.
Work with different cultures & languages.
The hardest part of the job is keeping focused in personal carrion passengers & identified is clear for don't attempt to the airport.
Cons
sick days, vacations, 401k & bonus
It was Ok
Executive Personnel (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 10, 2015
My manager was very kind and friendly. The co-workers were as well. The supervisors was very rude and misleading. Overall, I loved the experience although it was very tiring.
Stable company, great benefits
Electrical instrumentation/ Electronic technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMarch 2, 2015
Work for techs centers around equipment repairs and scheduled maintenance. Learned a lot about programmable logic controllers. hardest part of the job was little to no time off, but coworkers were fun to be around and everyone is very helpful.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no time off