ASMO Employee Reviews

Loved it
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 31, 2017
Loved it I started young wanted to start a family and then get back to school and then work I would work there again if they would let me I started with a temp service there
Baggage service supervisor
Baggage service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2017
Duties include assigning flight to appropriate carousels, making sure inbound bags are being displayed to local belt within required time frame. If not we have agents that are assigned to a counter that opens files for lost/delayed luggage and/or damaged/pilferage.
fairly
Baggage Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2017
it is a fairly job you need to be prepared to deal with angry customer and work safe all the time be polite and have a excellent customer service can be better peid
work
Machine Operator/stocker (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 11, 2017
Everyday before the shift starts we have a meeting about how the lines ran in the previous shifts after the meeting myself and my line keeper do funcntion checks then state the line up through the day the line stops and myself or the line keeper fixes the problem on the line at the end of the day we do the paper work and log the data into the computer.
Cons
too much favoritism
Decent pay and benefits poor managment/leadership
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 30, 2017
Decent pay with long hours and short breaks overall jobs are not hard. High turnover with management/leadership can make job more difficult then need be.
Cons
Short breaks
I hated working there
Matierel Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 13, 2017
From the time i started up untill the time it ended i hated the job it was always hot in for all the work the was required for me to do the pay sucked as well seven twenty five was never good enough for me honestly. Everytime i recieved my pay it was bareley enough to pay any bills.
Cons
Good people, climate controlled, buddy system, and poor manegement as well as skill distributiin
Tool and Die/ Jig Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 10, 2017
Good place to work for at first until you realize that u can never advance if you're not buddies with management. Skill is not rewarded. Unskilled workers are getting promoted based in buddy system. Pay is not based on skill but based on years put in.
Pros
Climate controlled, cleaner than some facilities
Cons
Corrupt management, low chance of advancing
Production Worker
Diecast Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 6, 2017
Managed core make machines to mold thermoplastic parts or products.Being able to read mechanical and electrical prints. Pulling damaged or faulty items.
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 5, 2017
There is no room for advancement here unless you are a male or from the other country. I was in a ran down department and we worked 7 days a week. If you ask for a day off you was treated like an outcast.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Sexually charged atomsphere
Worklife
MANAGER of PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 4, 2017
Basically a company that comes first above all else. If the company is not a priority, the employee cannot be taken care of in the long term. More hours worked than usual.
Pros
Technologies used
Disciplined workplace but simple
Tote Cleaner/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 17, 2017
Asmo is very strict but simple to work at. I learned how to drive a forklift here and what parts are used to make windshield wipers. Management is very strict. They've been around for years and will be here as long as wipers are needed. Its simple because of the duties but you have to stay focused or its easy to mess up the production line.
Productive and fun environment
Baggage Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 1, 2017
I have learned all the basics of customer service and airline industry working for that company. They teach you how to interact with passengers and Management is there to support you throughout the learning process.
Pros
Free flights and paid training
Cons
healthcare
I worked at Asmo through a Temp Service for 3 months ; however, it was a good work experience.
Tote cleaner, stack as I clean them (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 24, 2017
Working at Asmo was a good work experience and I was asked "was I interested in working permanent but did not get an offer. The work culture was a good experience because of surrounded by workers with various backgrounds.
Pros
The work experience was good.
Cons
the temporary job was not longer
Good people to work around
S&R (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 28, 2017
I enjoy the job that I do, good people to work around and I like that's it's not someone standing over you while you work. The hours I work are pretty good.
Always had and issue with communication and training
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
Long hot days and nights with a personnel turnover rate that was
unreal. No support from management to supervisor positions through communication of the direction of the company.
Pros
It was a japanese company, so we had a chance to get to undderstand a different culture.
Cons
Lack of communication
its great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 6, 2017
it a great place to work. They increase their employees workloads and never give them a significant raise, or show them room for advancement and grow.
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
Factory work
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
It was a job in Greenville and the assembly line I was on we made wind shield wiper motors I had 8 to 10 motors I had to load into a box and sent down onto another line
Fun work place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  PbiaNovember 5, 2016
I can start of sayin that if was a really different career for most part loved the job in general a little hard work at first i got used to it grat place to work good staff
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
productive clean enviorment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 18, 2016
great work environment

learned to operate fort lift

willing to work with you

hard to get alone with

dealing with co workers

opportunity
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hour
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Asmo for the most part is a great place to work. The job is easy and can be fun , but it can also be demanding because it requires that you work 7 days a week. Don't really have a life outside of Asmo it seems at times.
Pros
Great benefits and money
Cons
short breaks