ASPCA

ASPCA Employer Reviews

Very calm envirement and enjoyable.
Volenteer (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: helping
Cons: no pay
A typical day volunteering for the ASPCA was a very calm environment. I would have to go to the ASPCA's garage where the dishes were cleaned and trash was put. I'd have to do anything the manager said which included cleaning rooms, cleaning dishes, throwing out trash and cleaning the cages of the cats. I honestly didn't learn anything because everything was basic. The management was on point. I think they had a good system going on. My co-workers weren't my age but I loved to talk to them while on the job, I got along with them well. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the cats' cages. Taking the cats out, taking all of their things out, cleaning the whole thing, supply them with food and water and put everything back in the cage including them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping homeless animals by far.
Excellent environment, Friendly and dedicated people
Account Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great office layout
Cons: too cold
I loved working for the ASPCA, it was a great experience and the people there were very team orientated and motivated.
Fun and such a great place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: amazing expierence
I love animals so much, and being able to work with them and help out was such an amazing experience.
Monetary support for this charity
Member of charity (Current Employee), Only support financiallyJune 2, 2014
Pros: being able to help monetarily
Cons: cannot do more to help
Support this charity monetarily and do not assume any other bvolunteer responsibility., I am truly glad of the national support these charities offer to animals across the nation.
Large bureaucracy slowly becoming irrelevant
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
The organization does good work towards protecting cats and dogs. But it seems obsessed at protecting the organization's "hallo" or brand. The unspoken directive on the inside is to not rock the boat internally or externally. Despite a new, young CEO that many believe was hired to breath new life into the CEO office and the organization as a whole, the organization seems increasingly irrelevant as other animal nonprofits take more relevant, more contemporary issues (beyond cats and dogs) to the forefront. Additionally, can the organization survive as the demographic that most contributes to it ages (middle-aged women)? Can it appeal to a younger demographic or it doomed to become increasingly more irrelevant?
Great place to work and help others!
Fundraiser (Current Employee), Asheville/ Fayetteville, NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: networking, helping a good cause, ability to
Cons: none so far, start off as intern or volunteer, sometimes hard to get donations.
· Took photos of and posted items for sale on the website
· Answer customer emails about items they wish to purchase/Customer service
· Prepare items to ship, package, and ship items out to customer
· Select items to sell in online shop, pricing, along with invoicing customers.
Great Place to Volunteer and Gain Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), NYCFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: tasty coffee, nice people
I volunteered at the ASCPA and need to go back. School got in the way but it was an awesome experience and if you love animals, then this is the place for you!
Non profit and easy to lay off
Humane Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Five Bouroghs of NYCFebruary 5, 2014
I loved being a humane law enforcement officer, and being the "voice" of abused and neglected animals. I felt as if I really made a difference in the animals lives. The hardest part of the job is seeing the animals that were abused. There is no longer a humane law enforcement division at the ASPCA, they eliminated the department, and layed off all the officers.
Ecxiting place to work.
HLE ASSISTANT / DISPATCHER (Current Employee), New York,NYAugust 25, 2013
This company allowed to work with some outstanding people that love what they do and protect animals.
Great work environment, horrible career growth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low pay rate
Great place to work, morales and work ethic. Horrible place to have a career growth. Learn what you can and find something else. Will have a hard time advancing because of politics.
Working with animals
Animal care provider (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: working with cats and dogs
Cons: fair breaks and play time with animals
I enjoy helping animals in need of help and a home. I enjoy playing and caring for them as if they were children. Making sure they eat and bathe daily and feel safe with me. I have a lot of fun caring for the sick ones and helping them feel better so that they can continue on their regular doggy life.
Best job I ever had
Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: animals and people
Cons: dysfunctional manager
Working in a fast paced veterinary medical environment, caring for sick animals, assisting in surgery, watching a patient improve, wonderful teamwork. Hardest part of the job was a manager who thought that a network of spies was the best way to keep track of what was going on. Fortunately, after I left, she was fired. I would go back in a heartbeat, if the chance came up. Loved the animals, loved the clientele. I felt challenged, satisfaction, pride, enthusiasm, and joy most of the time I was there.
relaxing and fun place to be
Volunteer (Former Employee), Auburn, CADecember 6, 2012
I took care of the animals which included, feeding, walking, cleaning them and their cages, and helping with adoptions.
love this place
Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
the work they do is very important since animals are very often neglected and there is no system that aids the animals until its too late

About ASPCA

This group watches out for Fidos, Fluffies, and other furry friends all across the country. The ASPCA (American Society for the – Read more