ASPCA Employee Reviews

Friendly + fuzzy 😻
Cat Socializer Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
I volunteered as a Cat Socializer and an Administrative Support Volunteer simultaneously so that the ASPCA would write a letter to my school that confirms that I volunteered there for x hours. For other students with mandatory community service requirements, I recommend this arrangement.

If you don't need to record hours, cool. Come and pet cats/kittens bro
Pros
Complementary coffee/tea/cocoa machine and open break room for volunteers
Cons
High security
Fun and productive workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 28, 2017
The ASPCA is a great workplace for passionate animal lovers. You have to be very energetic and loving. Everyone treats each other like family and we strive to satisfy everyone. Even though I'm only a volunteer, I never feel left out.
Standard Experience in the animal field
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
This is a selfless job, where you become wrapped up in the daily duties. This is therapy. This type of employment, this career field becomes apart of your life.
Every step, every moment, you want to be there to experience it. These animals become your animals. You learn their habits and their personalities and becoming attached is a common, bittersweet struggle.
Employees who are committed to the work that they do are more than willing to come in and do the work that we are asked to do, and more. We as a whole, who are from the same department, know that we are supposed to stay on our own level in the hierarchy and if we do not then we are either questioned or we are told that we are not able to do anything outside of our job descriptions, unless told otherwise.
Overworked, and underpaid for the amount of physical work that we do, when team members call out and we have to put in more work and we do not so much as get a simple 'thank you'.
As a union member, we pay the dues to our union rep to whom we never see depending on the shift that we work. Union rules are either in favor to those who both make salary or work hourly; or not at all. Those that are at the bottom, suffer.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
management
Beautiful experience
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10128February 17, 2017
I did my externship here and the experience was amazing. The way everyone works together and cares for the animals, are awesome!
Great company to be a part of
Senior Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Love being a part of this company. They provide great benefits and really do their best to show their appreciation for each employee. Management is very open and friendly.
Exciting work enviroment, amazing animals with personalities.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 25, 2017
I loved volunteering at ASPCA, the people were very sweet and fun to work with. The co-workers were very patient, we all worked together to make sure the animals got what they needed and homes they deserved. the excitement of playing with the animals, and knowing you are making a difference to their lives.
Pros
Great team work, friendly staff, finding good homes, petient co-workers, flexible
Community was great but only because I love animals
Virginia Beach aspca (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2017
A day on the job I would clean up after the animals and take care of them as needed , I was assigned to wash the dogs bowls and cats litter boxes and if there was a spill or an accident it was my duty to clean it up
Pros
Always around animals
Cons
No breaks
Fun and interactive place.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
Aspca is a great way to interact with animals without actually having to take them home. They offer a great volunteer program with the animals.
prodcutive
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2016
employees are really friendly and they work hard and they have amazing responisble teachers and they are really outgoing and loving aniamlas
Fun, hardworking, comfortable
Voluneer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 18, 2016
Helping animals live, get a home, and feel like apart of this earth. Also the community and environment is very welcoming.
Pros
I love animals
Cons
NONE
Hard work that is rewarding
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Care for animals in conjunction with rescuers, and help facilitate the means for a better future and life for the animals that i oversee and aid. I have learned to see the trials and tribulations that these gentle beings are dealt. We assist people that give their all and passion to lives that matter. My colleagues, are the backbone and structure of who we are, without them, my daily due diligence would be null and void. The hardest part of my job is not seeing these beings live there rightfull lives, live to there fullest. I love my job for being able to give the ability and right to see the future out to its most. Regardless of being.
Good place to work for start out job
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Even in a high stress environment, working for the SPCA was a rewarding job. Seeing the animals that we cared for go to good homes and knowing that I played a role in their future happiness was very fulfilling. It was an excellent start out job straight from college.
Amazing company to work for
Part-time seasonal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
I'm only a seasonal worker, but have had a very experience. The atmosphere is centered around the care of the animals. Professional environment at the same time as being nurturing.
fun place if you love animals
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
the aspca is a great place if you really love animals. I enjoyed my time there because of the love I was able to provide to the animals in need.
A fun place
Level Two Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 23, 2015
If you like dogs and cats, it's an awesome place to work. You're basically volunteering to hang out with dogs all day long.
Productive workplace
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Always excited to come to work. I learned about dog fighting and other dangerous and harmful things done to animals. I loved working one on one with the dogs and making a print in the evolution of the dogs, from fighters to lovers. I would do this job everyday for the rest of my life, If I was given the opportunity.
A striving effort in the improvement of the lives of the animals
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
During my time at the ASPCA I was tasked in providing exercise, socialization, and behavior modifications of the animals. Creating a stress free and clean environment for previously abused animals. Performing routine health assessments; report issues to supervisor. Properly dispose of general trash and hazardous waste. I learned to utilize the tools acquired from leadership & time management skills to interpersonal communication skills with my coworkers and management. Shelter Management was unfair to the treatment and equality of the staff as a whole. The hardest part of the job was seeing the suffrage and poor state of being from some of the animals we received. The most enjoyable was witnessing the improvement of the animals overall well being through out their time spent with us.
Pros
Interacting with the animals
Cons
(Upper) Management
Cat are on the premises
Accounts Payable Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
My day in the Finance Department begins with reviewing the previous day incoming invoices and expense reports from Outlook email and/or departmental in-box located in the office. The invoices check request and expense reports, are checked for approval, coding, billed to and remit adresses. Unapproved invoice are forwarded to the appropriate person for approval. Approved invoice are entered in Finance's accounting system for the weekly check run.

It is wonderful to be a part of an organization that helps and protects animals. In the few weeks that I have been an employee, at the ASPCA, I have seen various project pretaining to the care and maintance for dogs and cats.
It feel good to do work for a organization instead of a company.

So, my only complaint is I wish they would include birds more help to the bird population. I'm a bird lover.
Pros
Helping Animals
Cons
They do not include birds
Love animals
Crew (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Great place to work for me because I love animals. Interacting with them everyday gave me something to look forward to.
Pros
Animals
Cons
volunteer work
Very calm envirement and enjoyable.
Volenteer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 28, 2014
A typical day volunteering for the ASPCA was a very calm environment. I would have to go to the ASPCA's garage where the dishes were cleaned and trash was put. I'd have to do anything the manager said which included cleaning rooms, cleaning dishes, throwing out trash and cleaning the cages of the cats. I honestly didn't learn anything because everything was basic. The management was on point. I think they had a good system going on. My co-workers weren't my age but I loved to talk to them while on the job, I got along with them well. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the cats' cages. Taking the cats out, taking all of their things out, cleaning the whole thing, supply them with food and water and put everything back in the cage including them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping homeless animals by far.
Pros
Helping
Cons
No pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASPCA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3