ASPCA Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, hardworking, comfortable
Voluneer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 18, 2016
Helping animals live, get a home, and feel like apart of this earth. Also the community and environment is very welcoming.
Pros
I love animals
Cons
NONE
Hard work that is rewarding
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Care for animals in conjunction with rescuers, and help facilitate the means for a better future and life for the animals that i oversee and aid. I have learned to see the trials and tribulations that these gentle beings are dealt. We assist people that give their all and passion to lives that matter. My colleagues, are the backbone and structure of who we are, without them, my daily due diligence would be null and void. The hardest part of my job is not seeing these beings live there rightfull lives, live to there fullest. I love my job for being able to give the ability and right to see the future out to its most. Regardless of being.
Good place to work for start out job
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Even in a high stress environment, working for the SPCA was a rewarding job. Seeing the animals that we cared for go to good homes and knowing that I played a role in their future happiness was very fulfilling. It was an excellent start out job straight from college.
Amazing company to work for
Part-time seasonal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
I'm only a seasonal worker, but have had a very experience. The atmosphere is centered around the care of the animals. Professional environment at the same time as being nurturing.
fun place if you love animals
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
the aspca is a great place if you really love animals. I enjoyed my time there because of the love I was able to provide to the animals in need.
A fun place
Level Two Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 23, 2015
If you like dogs and cats, it's an awesome place to work. You're basically volunteering to hang out with dogs all day long.
Productive workplace
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Always excited to come to work. I learned about dog fighting and other dangerous and harmful things done to animals. I loved working one on one with the dogs and making a print in the evolution of the dogs, from fighters to lovers. I would do this job everyday for the rest of my life, If I was given the opportunity.
A striving effort in the improvement of the lives of the animals
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
During my time at the ASPCA I was tasked in providing exercise, socialization, and behavior modifications of the animals. Creating a stress free and clean environment for previously abused animals. Performing routine health assessments; report issues to supervisor. Properly dispose of general trash and hazardous waste. I learned to utilize the tools acquired from leadership & time management skills to interpersonal communication skills with my coworkers and management. Shelter Management was unfair to the treatment and equality of the staff as a whole. The hardest part of the job was seeing the suffrage and poor state of being from some of the animals we received. The most enjoyable was witnessing the improvement of the animals overall well being through out their time spent with us.
Pros
interacting with the animals
Cons
(upper) management
Cat are on the premises
Accounts Payable Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
My day in the Finance Department begins with reviewing the previous day incoming invoices and expense reports from Outlook email and/or departmental in-box located in the office. The invoices check request and expense reports, are checked for approval, coding, billed to and remit adresses. Unapproved invoice are forwarded to the appropriate person for approval. Approved invoice are entered in Finance's accounting system for the weekly check run.

It is wonderful to be a part of an organization that helps and protects animals. In the few weeks that I have been an employee, at the ASPCA, I have seen various project pretaining to the care and maintance for dogs and cats.
It feel good to do work for a organization instead of a company.

So, my only complaint is I wish they would include birds more help to the bird population. I'm a bird lover.
Pros
helping animals
Cons
they do not include birds
Love animals
Crew (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Great place to work for me because I love animals. Interacting with them everyday gave me something to look forward to.
Pros
animals
Cons
volunteer work
Very calm envirement and enjoyable.
Volenteer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 28, 2014
A typical day volunteering for the ASPCA was a very calm environment. I would have to go to the ASPCA's garage where the dishes were cleaned and trash was put. I'd have to do anything the manager said which included cleaning rooms, cleaning dishes, throwing out trash and cleaning the cages of the cats. I honestly didn't learn anything because everything was basic. The management was on point. I think they had a good system going on. My co-workers weren't my age but I loved to talk to them while on the job, I got along with them well. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the cats' cages. Taking the cats out, taking all of their things out, cleaning the whole thing, supply them with food and water and put everything back in the cage including them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping homeless animals by far.
Pros
helping
Cons
no pay
Excellent environment, Friendly and dedicated people
Account Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
I loved working for the ASPCA, it was a great experience and the people there were very team orientated and motivated.
Pros
great office layout
Cons
too cold
Fun and such a great place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 15, 2014
I love animals so much, and being able to work with them and help out was such an amazing experience.
Pros
amazing expierence
Monetary support for this charity
Member of charity (Current Employee) –  Only support financiallyJune 2, 2014
Support this charity monetarily and do not assume any other bvolunteer responsibility., I am truly glad of the national support these charities offer to animals across the nation.
Pros
being able to help monetarily
Cons
cannot do more to help
Large bureaucracy slowly becoming irrelevant
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
The organization does good work towards protecting cats and dogs. But it seems obsessed at protecting the organization's "hallo" or brand. The unspoken directive on the inside is to not rock the boat internally or externally. Despite a new, young CEO that many believe was hired to breath new life into the CEO office and the organization as a whole, the organization seems increasingly irrelevant as other animal nonprofits take more relevant, more contemporary issues (beyond cats and dogs) to the forefront. Additionally, can the organization survive as the demographic that most contributes to it ages (middle-aged women)? Can it appeal to a younger demographic or it doomed to become increasingly more irrelevant?
Great Place to Volunteer and Gain Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  NYCFebruary 22, 2014
I volunteered at the ASCPA and need to go back. School got in the way but it was an awesome experience and if you love animals, then this is the place for you!
Pros
tasty coffee, nice people
Non profit and easy to lay off
Humane Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Five Bouroghs of NYCFebruary 5, 2014
I loved being a humane law enforcement officer, and being the "voice" of abused and neglected animals. I felt as if I really made a difference in the animals lives. The hardest part of the job is seeing the animals that were abused. There is no longer a humane law enforcement division at the ASPCA, they eliminated the department, and layed off all the officers.
Ecxiting place to work.
HLE ASSISTANT / DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  New York,NYAugust 25, 2013
This company allowed to work with some outstanding people that love what they do and protect animals.
Great work environment, horrible career growth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2013
Great place to work, morales and work ethic. Horrible place to have a career growth. Learn what you can and find something else. Will have a hard time advancing because of politics.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay rate
Working with animals
Animal care provider (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2013
I enjoy helping animals in need of help and a home. I enjoy playing and caring for them as if they were children. Making sure they eat and bathe daily and feel safe with me. I have a lot of fun caring for the sick ones and helping them feel better so that they can continue on their regular doggy life.
Pros
working with cats and dogs
Cons
fair breaks and play time with animals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASPCA. Our community is ready to answer.