Aspect Software Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior Telecommunications Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAAugust 8, 2016
Aspect Software was originally Davox Corporation - it's a Great company but I left for a better opportunity at General Electric.
Productive and fun work environment with room to learn and grow
Project Consultant/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 3, 2016
A typical day at work starts with assessing last nights problems that were escalated to IT to address and completing the work that needed to be completed now that IT has fixed the issue. I am able to progressively advance my knowledge in APTTUS and Salesforce and have better research skills to acquire all the correct documentation for completing my tasks. The management is very helpful and understanding and is always willing to lend a hand when an executive decision needs to be made regarding a procedure for the task. My co-workers are smart, well-organized people who look to me to aid them in any problems they need a clear head on. The hardest part of the job is trying to come up with the best possible solution to the problems at hand, sometimes the solution comes to mind immediately, and sometimes the problem needs to be investigated further or even escalated to come up with the right solution to aid in completing the task at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the different aspects of APTTUS and Salesforce and advancing my problem-solving skills with each task I complete.
Pros
Great work environment and team effort work space
Cons
No benefits
Good People, Bad Management
Junior Developer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO 63301March 3, 2016
Great individuals at the company, fun atmosphere, but extremely poor management. They have very bad communication and my manager never knew what I was doing. They would blame me for not having work that she was supposed to assign.

They also made co-workers work overtime for no extra pay on many occasions. Company was very disorganized overall.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Good work/life balance but little room for promotion
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2016
Good benefits and decent pay. There have been a lot of people who have been with the company over 10 years who stay in their roles for a very long time. It makes promotion very difficult. Business is not expanding.
Company in transition
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 2, 2015
Aspect is under a lot of pressure from the board to produce revenue, which doesn't seem to be coming quick enough due to the late movement to the cloud. Instead of increasing revenue, the company as a whole is down.

Can be a good company, but overall moral is very low at this point from what I see, which I believe is affecting both sales representatives as well as others within the organization. Ultimately, hurting the customer.
Fun place to work
A/P Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2015
They are very employee oriented. Unfortunately, they outsourced their A/P Dep.t to India. Convenient location for me.
Pros
Beverages and food to be had every morning for breakfast
Cons
Contract only
People are great; Lots of interesting projects
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 6, 2015
Aspect is a great place to work as the people are great and the culture encourages collaboration. The company utilizes the Agile methodology for releasing products.
Best place to work with lot of activities
Business Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  St Charles, MOJune 23, 2015
Best place to work with lot of activities, Lot of personal development and interaction with Colleagues through social events.
Tranformation efforts ongoing
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 9, 2015
New management in place for past few years has undertaken Transformation efforts to turn the company around. This has occurred with mixed success. Perceptions in the marketplace have improved but those perceptions have not materialized into the desired business results so far. The next year will be a critical period for Aspect.
Work from home
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutland, MAMay 13, 2015
Aspect was very in with the times and acknowledging that more work is being done from home and less calling out. It was a Salary position so more people work more hours from home being on the road less.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
new CEO buying more and more companies things are getting chaotic
Enjoyable people and teamwork
Customer Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed my 24 years at this company, I met and made some great friends and learned a lot of the industry.
Pros
Good Compensation an Work from home.
Cons
N/A
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home OfficeJanuary 28, 2015
Since Upper Management has moved in a different direction things have changed.
Business Consultant - Workforce Optimization (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Originally, I had intended to stay with Aspect long term, possibly to retirement.
Typical week of work was plan any upcoming engagements, including attending conference calls with upcoming customers, plan and book the travel, including flight, rental car and hotel accommodations, travel to airport, catch a plane and fly to destination city and check in at hotel. I would arrive on-site with the customer the following day. We would go over our pre-planned agenda, based on customer need, software version and end result goals. On-site engagements would be from 2-5 days, depending upon the session, statement of work and requirements for the customer. We would work through the agenda and follow-up with any additional items that happened to need attention while on-site. I would then travel home for the weekend and submit my trip reports and follow-up with the project management team and my manager. Any additional customer engagements that may have had their upcoming session pre-calls scheduled could possibly be handled after I arrived home as well.
My team was a very well versed and knowledgeable team with a lot of experience and a willingness to step in and assist where needed.
The management team was very mindful of what we needed and always willing and ready to assist with any questions or issues.
I learned more about the product then I ever thought there was available. I also learned how to be a traveling professional.
The hardest part of the job was learning which things to work toward with a customer and which things to not address based on their needs. Every customer has
  more... a different vernacular for their processes and their requirements and sometimes the translation between their internal methodology and the core standard vernacular can be difficult to decipher.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new people on a weekly basis while getting to travel and see more of the country.
Pros
Travel time, salary, company
Cons
Time away from family
Productive and fun place to work; had foosball table
Salesforce.com Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Aspect Software is a wonderful place to work. Lots of motivated people doing great work here.
Lot of learning. As a new startup, they are trying to implement several new technologies and for an IT guy, its a good spot to be in. Work location is beautiful and quiet.
Used to be a great place to work
Midwest District Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Some of the best people you will have a chance to work with on a daily basis.

Flexible schedules when appropriate.
Pros
Leading edge, pay for performance and good teamwork
Cons
Frequent staff reductions. Silo'd knowledge centers
A typical work day...
Sr. Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 30, 2014
Provide remote technical and application problem resolution and escalation
assistance related to Aspect products. Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug
complex computer systems and software. Respond to situations where end users
have failed to isolate or resolve problems in malfunctioning equipment or
software.
Pros
work at home opportunities
Cons
work at home opportunities were eliminated
Productive Workplace that cares about it's employees
Sr Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 18, 2014
Working here at Aspect has been a blessing. Everyone works well together, not a lot of infighting, and office politics you see in other work environments. Everyone is a professional, and we all get along for a common goal, We have regular meetings, and contests from time to time, that engages everyone, and allows us to meet others from other groups. Most of the people here have been here for a long long time, which means stability. It's an awesome place to work, and the benefits are incredible. 3 weeks vacation, 5 sick days, 8 holidays. 2 of which are floating. Great place!
A great company to work before
Sustain Call center product (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 9, 2014
This is the place I stayed for 8+ years and achieved a great deal in high tech industry.
Pros
Nice vacation package
Cons
Nice place
satisfied
QA Engineer/Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  atlanta gaMay 20, 2014
Job Ok comp pay and work balance
would work here, no issues
worked fro 10 years
Training Coordinator/Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2014
I was very happy working for Aspect management was great, very supportive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspect Software. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9