Aspect Software Employee Reviews in United States

Good work/life balance but little room for promotion
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2016
Good benefits and decent pay. There have been a lot of people who have been with the company over 10 years who stay in their roles for a very long time. It makes promotion very difficult. Business is not expanding.
Company in transition
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 2, 2015
Aspect is under a lot of pressure from the board to produce revenue, which doesn't seem to be coming quick enough due to the late movement to the cloud. Instead of increasing revenue, the company as a whole is down.

Can be a good company, but overall moral is very low at this point from what I see, which I believe is affecting both sales representatives as well as others within the organization. Ultimately, hurting the customer.
Fun place to work
A/P Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2015
They are very employee oriented. Unfortunately, they outsourced their A/P Dep.t to India. Convenient location for me.
Pros
Beverages and food to be had every morning for breakfast
Cons
Contract only
People are great; Lots of interesting projects
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 6, 2015
Aspect is a great place to work as the people are great and the culture encourages collaboration. The company utilizes the Agile methodology for releasing products.
Best place to work with lot of activities
Business Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  St Charles, MOJune 23, 2015
Best place to work with lot of activities, Lot of personal development and interaction with Colleagues through social events.
Tranformation efforts ongoing
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 9, 2015
New management in place for past few years has undertaken Transformation efforts to turn the company around. This has occurred with mixed success. Perceptions in the marketplace have improved but those perceptions have not materialized into the desired business results so far. The next year will be a critical period for Aspect.
Work from home
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutland, MAMay 13, 2015
Aspect was very in with the times and acknowledging that more work is being done from home and less calling out. It was a Salary position so more people work more hours from home being on the road less.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
new CEO buying more and more companies things are getting chaotic
Enjoyable people and teamwork
Customer Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed my 24 years at this company, I met and made some great friends and learned a lot of the industry.
Pros
good compensation an work from home.
Cons
n/a
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home OfficeJanuary 28, 2015
Since Upper Management has moved in a different direction things have changed.
Business Consultant - Workforce Optimization (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Originally, I had intended to stay with Aspect long term, possibly to retirement.
Typical week of work was plan any upcoming engagements, including attending conference calls with upcoming customers, plan and book the travel, including flight, rental car and hotel accommodations, travel to airport, catch a plane and fly to destination city and check in at hotel. I would arrive on-site with the customer the following day. We would go over our pre-planned agenda, based on customer need, software version and end result goals. On-site engagements would be from 2-5 days, depending upon the session, statement of work and requirements for the customer. We would work through the agenda and follow-up with any additional items that happened to need attention while on-site. I would then travel home for the weekend and submit my trip reports and follow-up with the project management team and my manager. Any additional customer engagements that may have had their upcoming session pre-calls scheduled could possibly be handled after I arrived home as well.
My team was a very well versed and knowledgeable team with a lot of experience and a willingness to step in and assist where needed.
The management team was very mindful of what we needed and always willing and ready to assist with any questions or issues.
I learned more about the product then I ever thought there was available. I also learned how to be a traveling professional.
The hardest part of the job was learning which things to work toward with a customer and which things to not address based on their needs. Every customer has a different
  more... vernacular for their processes and their requirements and sometimes the translation between their internal methodology and the core standard vernacular can be difficult to decipher.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new people on a weekly basis while getting to travel and see more of the country.
Pros
travel time, salary, company
Cons
time away from family
Productive and fun place to work; had foosball table
Salesforce.com Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Aspect Software is a wonderful place to work. Lots of motivated people doing great work here.
Lot of learning. As a new startup, they are trying to implement several new technologies and for an IT guy, its a good spot to be in. Work location is beautiful and quiet.
Used to be a great place to work
Midwest District Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Some of the best people you will have a chance to work with on a daily basis.

Flexible schedules when appropriate.
Pros
leading edge, pay for performance and good teamwork
Cons
frequent staff reductions. silo'd knowledge centers
A typical work day...
Sr. Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 30, 2014
Provide remote technical and application problem resolution and escalation
assistance related to Aspect products. Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug
complex computer systems and software. Respond to situations where end users
have failed to isolate or resolve problems in malfunctioning equipment or
software.
Pros
work at home opportunities
Cons
work at home opportunities were eliminated
Productive Workplace that cares about it's employees
Sr Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 18, 2014
Working here at Aspect has been a blessing. Everyone works well together, not a lot of infighting, and office politics you see in other work environments. Everyone is a professional, and we all get along for a common goal, We have regular meetings, and contests from time to time, that engages everyone, and allows us to meet others from other groups. Most of the people here have been here for a long long time, which means stability. It's an awesome place to work, and the benefits are incredible. 3 weeks vacation, 5 sick days, 8 holidays. 2 of which are floating. Great place!
A great company to work before
Sustain Call center product (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 9, 2014
This is the place I stayed for 8+ years and achieved a great deal in high tech industry.
Pros
nice vacation package
Cons
nice place
satisfied
QA Engineer/Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  atlanta gaMay 20, 2014
Job Ok comp pay and work balance
would work here, no issues
worked fro 10 years
Training Coordinator/Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2014
I was very happy working for Aspect management was great, very supportive
Good mixture of Telecom and Software Support Opportunities
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2013
Laid back atmosphere, generous vacation policy and decent benefits. Growth opportunities are somewhat limited, but they are there.
Pros
good salary and generous vacations
Cons
staffing levels are light
Constant State of Change
Global Training Director (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 25, 2013
Aspect has reinvented itself yearly with the goal to improve their offerings and advancement in the industry. If you like change and innovation, Aspect is a great place to be.
Pros
great people
Cons
no financial stability
Leading provider of software and services designed specifically for contact centers
Senior Innovations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 4, 2013
Through various roles at Aspect, I have gained invaluable experience working with a wide range of businesses and government agencies from all over the world. Through working at Aspect, I have the ability to take complex information and explain it to any audience. I have learned a great deal about information technology, the contact center industry and have had many opportunities to visit customers all over the world. My job combines the skills I acquired from teaching at the college level with technical expertise which is the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part of the job has been the amount of travel which, until very recently, has included frequent travel on weekends and weeks away from home at a time. I am very grateful for the experiences I've had at this company and am looking forward to applying the skills I've acquired to a new endeavor.
Pros
good benefits including 5 weeks of paid vacation, 10 paid company holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance and vision insurance
Cons
long work hours and management resistance to employees transitioning to new roles within the company