Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental United States Employee Reviews

poor managment, poor compensation, poor customer care
Lead assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 11, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: no concerns, for assistants being overworked and underpaid
Overbooked, under staffed, Aspen hires people with little or no dental experience for their front and management positions,, and have little appreciation for their dental assistants, It's solely about the $ and little about customer care.
Great place to work if you love helping people.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great balance work and home, opportunity for advancement, helping people.
Cons: Management, pay.
At Aspen Dental I was the Center Hub of the entire function of the office. If the office was a human body, I would have been the heartbeat. I was the first contact of every patient that came in and the last as well. I was responsible for setting the tone of the patient experience. I had many duties that included but were not limited to: Greeting and checking in patients in a friendly manner.
Collect co-payments and verify insurance coverage.
Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
Prepare new patient charts neatly and accurately.
Various office duties as assigned by Office Manager.
Responding to patient billing or financial inquiries, directing to appropriate departments, as necessary.
Collect and post payments and record receipts.
Balance nightly deposits and complete credit card processing.
I was offered a $2.50 raise and a promotion to a Floating PSR/Office Manager/ Trainer that would have had me traveling all over the region.
Nice place to gain experience
Lead Dental Asst Float, OMS Asst (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 7, 2015
Aspen Dental is a great model for what a dental practice should strive for helping out non compliant patients. But how they treat their employees and how much they are paid for all the hard work they put in is a joke.
Challenging yet rewarding work environment
Assistant Manager/Treatment Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Hermitage, PAApril 6, 2015
Busy days yet rewarding by providing patients with the care that they need. Customer service and patient satisfaction is very important. I love helping patients find their smile!
Great company, awful pay
Dental Assistant & Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamden, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: Lunches on Fridays, Team exercises
Cons: Pay
Sterilization, procedure set ups for the day, four handed dentistry.

Co-workers were amazing at Aspen, all of the doctors and management were great to work with and for. I learned a lot about insurance and practice management and everyone helped a lot with the growth. Worst part of the company, the compensation was not worth the work. I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
Poor teamwork and no patience for new hires.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INApril 2, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch
Cons: Poor teamwork, no patience for new hires, lacks respect, money hungry
RUN! ...I was hired in as a full time PSR. Was actually pretty excited about it, but after working here for about a month with absolutely no training at all, and coming home crying and complaining to my spouse just about everyday, I called it quits. I am not a person to quit without notice either. I learned all the stuff there basically on my own. The management talked very highly of the benefits which it may or may not have been true, but after hearing from several Aspen employees that the benefits really aren't that good and basically not really getting what I originally signed up for, did me in. That was a big reason why I took the job. I had other jobs lined up, as well. Don't let them fool you! It was also very cliquy, as well.
My experience was just awful. I'll start from the beginning. I was placed at an office I was originally suppose to be trained at but after about a week of learning nothing, the PSR at the time decided they didn't want to train me anymore. So I was placed in this office, which I was originally hired in for, which was fine. But after about a week or two, I am still without proper training. Money was very limited for me so I couldn't travel to different offices for my training (which they love to do but again, that is not what I signed up for). So for about 3 weeks, I had no training but still answered phones, scheduled appointments, etc, which made me cringe! It's not that I was doubting my work but as someone who's somewhat of a perfectionist, it was annoying not being able to fully do my job at it's full potential. I felt dumb answering questions – more... I didn't know the answers to and felt neglected with little to no help most of the time. Not to mention one of the workers there gave me a run for my money! I had an experience with a patient where they were complaining about their bill. As a person who had no idea what they were doing and I was, indeed explaining to them at the best of my ability, the other PSR was clearly seeing me struggle and didn't come over to help. So I went over to them and asked them what do I do! Their response was along the line of "just have them pay for it". Ok! Why didn't I think of that!? Problem solved! ('Rolled eyes') So I just gave the patient's chart to them and went in the bathroom and cried! I felt like I couldn't tell the O.M. because of how cliquey they were. That was the last thing I wanted to deal with was a coworker who didn't like me or having a reason for us not to get along, especially if I was going to work with them most of the time. It was just frustrating! That wasn't my only experience I had with poor "teamwork". One day, after lunch (they always have someone at the desk), and as my previous coworkers were coming off lunch, I was still at the front desk by myself. It was about 10 after 1 and I was still by myself. Patients were checking in and I had so many questions. Phones were ringing off the hook. As someone who just started, you can probably imagine how overwhelming that was! So finally I went to ask the office manager (and the doctor was in the office with us and at this time no one was still up front to help me), so as I went to ask the O.M. my questions about the charts...before the O.M. could answer me, the doctor blew up at us and was mad about not wanting to get behind, which was understandable, but how I am suppose to do my job running everything up front as their full time PSR if I didn't ask these questions or didn't learn these particular things?! Lack of patience, lacks respect, which is one thing I just cannot tolerate! All in all, my best advice if you're willing to stick it out working here is don't put up with it if you don't want to and don't feel like a failure if you just can't do it either. There was absolutely no patience they had for me and when I tried to do something I thought was right or did something to the best of my ability (remind you, with NO training), I was very under appreciated. I've had some pretty nasty jobs but none compared to this one! Proper teamwork goes along ways. – less
Aspen
Front and Back (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 31, 2015
A typical work day here is constant moving. I have definitely learned the true meaning of multi-tasking. My office team is like a family. The hardest part of my job is seeing patients that really NEED treatment and they can't afford to have their services done. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients face when they get their new smile.
Hected
Office Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 31, 2015
If you do not have a great team of assistants up front, good dental assistants, a good Dr and good hygienist, you WILL NOT be successful and/or run a good practice. Aspen says they are about helping the patients but they are more worried about hitting budget numbers and profit
The work they provide is amazing, and the way they make their patients feel welcome and like family.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Bay City, MI. Saginaw, MI. And Midland, MIMarch 31, 2015
I loved working at Aspen Dental, i don't know of any place i would rather be working in the field i love other then there.I learned not to take my job for granted. And the management was awesome with the patients, insuring them that they would get the work they wanted in their price range. My co workers were so helpful and inviting and always helped me when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of changing someones life with a whole new smile.
great
Office Manager (Current Employee), boston, maMarch 26, 2015
stay with them for 4 years, my last year i faces a manager without any professionalism, overall the company is great great benefits , looks awesome in my resume
It's ok
Office Manager (Current Employee), Ashtabula, OHMarch 15, 2015
They require more from you than they are willing to give you. If you go to work for Aspen DO NOT work in POP office. Work in a corporate office.
Team Building Atmosphere
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMarch 14, 2015
Pros: free dental care
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at Aspen Dental can be pretty easy going. With a good team anything is really possible. Its a bit slow going currently being that the company is brand new to Minnesota and is building their patient base which can make some really long days. The one thing I've pulled from this job is that I've learned how to verify dental insurance. I come from a front desk background which I did previously for 6 years so I already had the foundations and fundamentals of how to run a front desk in a clinic. I've got an amazing group of co-workers who are very supportive and we all work very cohesively. The hardest part about the job is that I feel we were never really told what all this particular job would entail. Such as they are wanting us to be able to do consults with patients which is generally the office managers job. The hours are hard and not a consistent. Having gone from working 40 a week to 32 has made things very tough.
Go with your second option
Manager (Former Employee), ConnecticutMarch 14, 2015
Pros: bonus opportunity, benefits
Cons: unethical management, saturday's
Although grateful for my start in Dentistry years ago, this is not a place for anyone to work or for patients to go. The office I managed was a great close knit team but the management of the company is another thing to be talked about. As a manager you meet with all new patients after their appointment with the Dentist to give them a treatment plan. Many times these treatment plans were in the thousands to ten thousands of dollars. Often regional managers would come in and change the treatment plans to higher dollar production. There is a monthly production goal you must reach each month. Patients are also applied for credit, and if approved are charged for the full amount before treatment begins. In my opinion if you have a second option for work, choose the second option.
Corrupt management
Lab (Former Employee), IndianaMarch 11, 2015
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: never get bonuses promised
Terrible experience, unless you don't mind screwing people this isn't the job for you. You are told to make 5 sets of dentures a day while repairs walk in all day interrupting you as well as dentists making you do their adjustments because they are too busy. Then management comes in and says hurry and makes you use the cheap acrylic rather than the expensive comfilyte materials because it sets up quicker. People pay $1700 for a basic cheap junk denture. Then they rush your steps so you cant fit them properly and when a patient complains their denture doesn't fit you get written up. I left and started my own lab where I make tons more money and provide an honest quality service to private practices now. Will never go back to aspen even if my life depended on it.
ALL ABOUT MONEY, NOT EMPLOYEES OR PATIENTS!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Port St Lucie, FLMarch 9, 2015
This company offers a horrible salary. The management, and doctors are only about the money, not the patients. Does not treat employees right, will use you and overwork you, but you will not be paid for it. Under staffed, and even patients complain.
All about money
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, IllinoisMarch 8, 2015
Pros: closed on sunday
Cons: pay too low for the job responsibilities
Feeling conatantly over whelmed. Poor training, but expected to know as much as someone that has been with the company for years. Anything that goes wrong, PSA gets the blame. Doctors cant stay on schedule, because they are purposely overbooked. I quit because the ethics of this company were horrible. Take as much money as you can from anybody. Sell them work that is not needed. Upsell, upsell!! Started as a patient, thought it would be great to work for them....i was very very wrong!
Good Starting point
Dental Lab Technician (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great people and great patients
Cons: benifits are lacking, to much of a more more more attitude put on things that in their nature take time and skill.
Good jumping off point. There are great people that you have the chance to work with. If you have a strong doctor and a strong office manager the place runs smoothly. Being able to change peoples lives and the way they feel and see themselves is worth it.

I have had many great mentors over that past few years and the knowledge and skill set that I have gained is priceless.
A thriving business
Office Manager (Current Employee), Marion, IN/Fort Wayne, INMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free dental work!
Cons: very late days
Working at Aspen Dental has taught me what true team work and dedication is about. Without a dedicated group effort, results are mediocre. The thing I enjoy most about my job is simple, putting a smile on a patient or employee's face.
Most dishonest company in American Health Care!!!
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: experience with insane people making future jobs cake
Cons: selling your soul to thenaspen dental devil
Run away! This seems like a great opportunity and I must admit benefits are good, but management is brainwashed and they try to brainwash you too. Dentists are not allowed to practice honestly, if they do they don't bonus.I watch poor 90 year olds get sold crown and bridges when they have mobile teeth and they ad so many charges and claim they will "take care of it" then send the patients to collections ruining their credit! PSR's get stuck having to answer 4 lines (all by the 3rd ring mind you) and schedule while calling in 4 insurances per hour and trying to check in every single patient and take payments while on the phone 90% of the time for $12 an hour. Then the office manager gets in trouble if their staff has overtime so they sneak in and cut your clock in and outs by an hour a day very slyly and if you don't pay attention you end up working 50 hours a week and getting paid for 40! You take it up to HR and they do what they can but then it happens again and if you tell on management you get fired for "poor work performance" all the sudden. I have a great lawyer working on this corrupt company as we speak so unless you love drama run away from this job posting! The turnover rate is so high, just do your research and you will see for yourself. Don't let your family go there.
My work experience
Assistant (Former Employee), WisconsinFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches mandatory
Cons: patients being booked in so tight. doctors attitude
New to Aspen Dental, at first it was good, i learned a lot, my real first day seeing patients was an utter nightmare! patients were scheduled every 1/2 an hour and we ran behind the whole entire day! Management saying "You better get quicker" because its gonna get busier! And then being told " Were all just learning" but then get frustrated with you when you did something wrong! Trying to do a FMX and PAN in about 10 minutes! Trying to chart perio for a hygienist who should have been an AUCTIONEER because she went way to fast!!! I couldn't even begin to keep up with her!!!

The Dr was also a nightmare, that only liked certain people, and would not communicate effectively what their expectations were of you. Made you feel like an idiot, and would always go running to the OM tattling on you for mistakes you made.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. We bring affordable, quality care to communities that need it. From – Read more

Aspen Dental Salaries