Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employer Reviews

Office Manager, Patient Service Representative
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 15, 2014
Pros: having a good work/home balance.
Cons: dealing with conflict and non-paying patients.
Our day would begin with our daily morning huddles. The staff would discuss any schedule conflicts. After review of the schedule we would determine what needed to be done to ensure that all appointments were upheld without much delay.

The most important thing I've learned is that satisfied and returning patients determine the success of the entire – more... business. A successful business creates an excellent workplace.

Management is great for support and I feel communication is highly important in order to maintain a successful practice.

Having reliable co-workers in a very busy environment helps everyone's job run smoothly.

The hardest part of the job is conflict resolution as this can easily escalate if not dealt with professionally.

The most enjoyable part of the job is establishing long term patients satisfied patients. – less
Worst place ever
Psr/Csc (Former Employee), Easley scJuly 11, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: everything else
I work with aspen for 2 yrs. the corporate part of aspen stunk. My reginal manager was bat $$$$ crazy. I loved my coworkers. The dentist's that rotated through our office produced shotty work. Filling where always falling out and needing to be redone. Last but not least the lab tech at our location was awfull. Remaking dentures up to 5 times and still – more... did not fit properly. Good luck! – less
Great Company and good people working for them
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Owasso, OKJuly 8, 2014
All workers had positive attitudes and were always friendly. All the office managers for each location were very helpful and wanted to help each and every patient.
Was only an extern at this office.
Dental Assistant Extern (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZJuly 3, 2014
Great group of employees. Very Helpful in teaching me in all the ins and outs of the dental field during my extership at there office.
Great Staff
Head Dental Assistant (Former Employee), warwick riJune 22, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: long hours
Lead assistant for office. Reviewed day with staff. Organized assistants. Sat patients. set up and broke down rooms for procedures. Assisted doctor. Took x rays. Sterilized instruments. Worked in lab making models and making repairs on crown, bridges, implants, partials and dentures. Fabricated temporaries.
Hardest part of the job was the fast pace. – more... It kept me busy, though.the staff was fun to work with and the management was very much a part of the flow with the business. We had many meetings to voice our opinions. I learned to be a leader. I feel I did a very good job. I have a great re pore there. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and seeing them happy. Also love to be creative, creating products for them. – less
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Hanover, MAJune 10, 2014
Long work days
Learned new skills in oral surgery
co-workers were very friendly
Overall good company to work for.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Ames, IAJune 2, 2014
Steady hours with fun staff and has a very broad range of different skills to learn.
Great learning experience for me.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: nice environment and co-workers
Cons: hours of operation and lack of care for patients.
Having the job as a Patient Service Representative at Aspen Dental was a great experience for me for I have not worked in the Dental field before. I was able to learn so much about Dentistry and became very interested in my work. I learned to multitask, how to verify insurance policies and how to review our patients bills.
ok
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, IAMay 25, 2014
Aspen Dental is a corporate company that likes to concentrate on numbers. There is nothing wrong with that, however I prefer to work somewhere that like to focus on quality and patient satisfaction.
productive and fun workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMay 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Aspen dental gave me alot of experiencein the dental administration field.
MY OWN VENUE DEVELOPED AS I WISHED
managing clinical director (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMay 11, 2014
Pros: autonomy- ability to choose the procedures that i liked
Cons: running the business end was hard for me
GREAT TO DEVELOP MY PRACTICE MY OWN WAY AND BE IN CONTROL OF THE ENTIRE OPERATION
management isnt very professional
Float Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks
gained experience. did not like this company. all this company cares about is money and not about patients
PSR
Front customer service (Former Employee), Brooklyn, OhioMay 1, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: unstable
I filed charts checked out patients and rescheduled appointments. I learned a lot about Insurance, I also handled insurance breakdowns and review balances and tried to get things resolved. Last office couldn't keep and office manager for longer then 30 days. Nice people but unstable work environment.
AWFUL EXPERIENCE- Over worked & Underpaid!
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee), Warsaw, INApril 18, 2014
Pros: its a job...
Cons: unethical work environment, being unappreciated, over worked & under paid!
The office I worked at, was busiest office in the region. We had 2 PSR's, and yet they say that 1 should be able to handle the workload. Im not sure how, considering we were supposed to be helping everyone else with their jobs too. Let me also say that my training was less than 2 weeks total. The previous (awesome PSR), had like 3 months training! So – more... maybe thats why she was so awesome! after 3 months training, I would be pretty awesome too!!! When they say this job requires you to multi task….its craziness! You are checking in a new patient, while answering the phones without putting someone on hold (thats a no no), and going over paperwork, while needing to run an insurance verification, and you have the hygienist and Dr telling you to call people in early and move appointments around, while also needing to make their chart, pull and file other charts, check inventory on dentures/partials/crowns/etc., among many, many other things. Stressful, and I was only paid $10.25/hour (even with several years of previous office experience)….and doing 2-3 peoples jobs. They are against overtime, and so they made sure you not only got it, but made you clock out and continue to work until the problems were resolved for the day. The office I worked in was staffed with all but 1 female. The Dr, Office Manager, and Hygienist were in a so called cliche. So whenever I took a problem to the manager, it seemed like everyone found out about it. We had contests and I won a Coach purse, and dinner from the Dr that owns the practice….however, when I told the manager that I was no longer working off the clock, my prize automatically got smaller. Not nice! This was a terrible experience, and thankfully I parted ways with that office, and now have a better paying job.

Let me end with this…
I am sure that not every office is the same, so someone else might have a better experience than I did….which I most certainly hope so! – less
Great experience
Patient Care Coordinator/ Dental Assistant Trainee (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 8, 2014
Pros: dental assistants are very friendly, decent hours
I have had the opportunity to learn and advance myself with the security and variety offered by this position. My co-workers are very supportive.
Practice Manager
Practice Development Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: freedom to work independently
Cons: long hours
A typical say in the life of a Practice Manager is working hard to provide quality patient care in the most efficient manner.
Not great to their employees.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 12, 2014
Some of the management is wonderful. unfortunately I had a Office manager who was rude to patients and employees. I was taken advantage of by the office manager, and inevitably lost my job.
High turnover
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), WisconsinMarch 12, 2014
Pros: You will always have something to do. The workload is very fast paced. This is a great job for a new graduate who wants experience but is willing to work for much less. As a dental hygienist, you will see a variety of patients. You will get a lot of experience with patients who what periodontal disease & need scaling & root planing. You have the – more... opportunity to bonus on top of your hourly pay.

Cons: Busy workload, they have a call center who schedules appointments (along with everyone else who schedules appointments in your office), most of the dental assistants have little experience & get paid terribly, & HIGH turnover – less
Fast dn fun work environment
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 11, 2014
Pros: dental benefits
Cons: some patients are rude
All the people there were awesome. They taught me a lot and I am glad I got the experience to extern at that site.
Half-Way point
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Defiance, OHMarch 10, 2014
Only in times of sure desperation should you ever work here! The management is a joke and the staff they hire are that equal to the people who work at a dairy farm (no offense to dairy farmers). Great place to begin a career as a dental assistant, but do not recommend for a permanent stay.

1 2 3 4 5