Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 31, 2016
Aspen Dental is the dental office that offers dreams. You are able to grow with the company and advance in position. The staff are nice and the environment is welcoming. Great place to work.
Pros
Great Benefit
Cons
Need more Advance.
Nice place for people new to dentistry
Dental Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 29, 2016
Aspen dental gave me the opportunity to gain experience in dentistry when I was fresh out of school. The benefits were great!
Pros
Benefits, room for advancement.
Cons
Professionalism, hourly pay not so great.
Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Good and learned a lot, good atmosphere to work, good staff, good learning experience, good patients, very challenging, fast phased environment
Busy
Chair-side assistant in dental, radiology (Former Employee) –  South Lebanon, OHJanuary 16, 2016
The CEO of Aspen has a wonderful concept to help patients get the help they need. He has a compassion to make every one happy with the dental work they receive.
Busy place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 11, 2016
This job has very busy and everyday is a learning experience. I love my coworkers and hate that I have to leave them. The hardest and greatest part of the job are the people you interact with, with every great patient, there will be a not so great one to follow.
Busy
Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Very busy and outgoing call center. A typical day would be taking numerous of phone calls from potential patients and booking appointments and updating insurance information, address, phone numbers etc. The hardest part of the job was to actually get the patient to make an appointment it was more of a sales position and not customer service based.
faced paced
Chair side Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  hemitage paDecember 30, 2015
a typical day would be seeing about 30 patients a day. I learned allot I went to aspen fresh out of school. the doctors there helped me become a better assistant. I still have allot to learn. the hardest part of the job would be telling a patient they needed a full mouth extraction. the best part of the day giving them a better smile
Excellent work environment
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 27, 2015
Great learning environment and clean work setting. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Did my externship there, it was very inspiring and I would go back.
Stay away from the "scheduling center"
scheduler (Former Employee) –  CorporateDecember 26, 2015
They tell us to (basically) lie to new patients who call to schedule their first appointments about what their first visit will consist of just to get them in the door. They are not totally transparent about what insurances they accept so patients end up having to guess and show up to their appointment and a lot of times are turned away even if they have an emergency. They lie and advertise that they take "emergencies" and "walk ins" which they don't so people with legitimate issues are told they have to have one appointment (where they don't do any treatment) then make them schedule another visit to actually get treated which could take weeks since they have the scheduling center (over a hundred people) scheduling people in and double booking all the offices until they're months out. The center itself has a massive turn over rate (they're churning out 20 new "trainees" every week or so). They have a very strict script which revolves around avoiding telling patients that they won't treat them on their first visit which is just done to make them more money. Twice the appointments, twice the $$$. Employees are expendable and not to mention how unprofessional the entire office is. They spend the days emailing dumb/pointless memes and pictures to the entire building and all the agents working spend their entire shifts coloring/not doing their job. Do not work here unless you are absolutely desperate.
Pros
They send people home randomly when it gets slow
Cons
$11 an hour, no bene NOT EVEN DENTAL???, none of management seems to have worked in an office setting
Good Work Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, MODecember 12, 2015
I worked at Aspen Dental as an intern for about 3 months and everyone was very accepting of me and took me under their wing to help me learn as much as I could. It was a very nice work environment and everyday went very smoothly.
Awful!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 9, 2015
You can expect to go home crying at least once a week. The stress and work load are not worth the low hourly wage. Upper management is awful and will make you feel completely worthless.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of working here.
Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GADecember 4, 2015
Assist doctors in four-handed dentistry, adjust dentures and partials, take impressions, schedule and walk out patients.
Aspen Dental Review
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 1, 2015
I've learned how to verify insurances, accepts payments and everything else I was already experienced in. My co-work are great. The more than willing to help me when I'm busy. My typical day consists of making charts, filling, filling out paperwork for Doctor and patients. Placing patient in correct area.Using all aspects of the copy machine. The hardest a\part of mt job is just maing sure that I enter the right procedure for the patients next visit. I mostly enjoy being a Receptionst because I get to do a verity of tasks, sometimes all at once.
Great team efforts
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 30, 2015
Team meetings learned insurance look up and great customer service. Answering phones in a timely manner. Management was good lots of changes due to moving to a new location. Working with co workers at aspen dental was amazing everyone was nice and when I asked questions they were there to answer them. I must say that the hardest part of this job for me was that I am dyslexic, So with that my spelling was sometimes off and labeling charts were backwards of in a different order. The most enjoyable part of my job was the coworkers and patients that came in.
Terrible place to work
dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 18, 2015
Management is terrible. Aspen likes to hire people with no dental experience and put them in charge of everything. Expect to get at least 20 hrs overtime every paycheck. I guess that could be a good or bad thing.. Besides the rare occasion you get a full lunch. good luck finding time to have a life outside of work. The clinical staff are awesome. Management and upper management however are all about the money and could care less about the patients and staff actually doing the work. A lot of promises that are never fulfilled. Pay is terrible. Staff overturn is ridiculous. Prepare to have at least one new staff member every couple months and about 80% of patients mad about things not in your control.
Pros
Clinical staff, dentist, patients
Cons
All about money, upper management, hours
terrible place to work. very dirty and was not good to patients or employees
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 12, 2015
I would never recommend working or even going to aspen dental. there is no management and the scheduling sucks. I also would never work there again due to the fact that the company does not care about its employees
Long hours, Micro-managed, all about the $$ not care of the patients
office manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Height, MINovember 10, 2015
As the saying goes, You don't quit your job, you quit your boss! This is so true.
I actually loved what I did everyday, seeing patients, helping the team develop. However, it never failed that whenever upper management came in for a "Visit", they distrupted the flow of the day, were all about "selling the treatment plan" no matter if the patient could pay or not. Let's go down the list of payment options, #1 pay in full, 60% down to start and 40% at the completion, that needed to be completed within 30 days! Equal payments broken up by the number of appointment visits or Financing...
I personally felt that the support was fake. This particular practice had replaced all positions except for the Dr.and still wondered why the practice wasn't making budget...#1 patient complaint: wait time to be seen or treated by the doctor. A typical New Patient appointment lasts on average 2 hours. WAY TO LONG! and they don't leave getting their cleaning.
Pros
Getting to know the Patients and the team that I worked for at the practice level, and a strong training structure.
Cons
Upper managment is all about the $ and doesn't care about how the practice gets it done
Great place to work. Great Management and Team
Dental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, IllinoisNovember 8, 2015
I have been a Dental Laboratory technician for 27 years but I really get to use my skills working in an office atmosphere. At Aspen I get to see my work in patients mouths when they smile and tell me how much they love their NEW Smile. It gives me great joy and pride to change their lives. I also get tears of joy and hugs. At Aspen we are family and we all have the same goal.......to give America a Healthy Mouth!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Great job just not a future career.
PSR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 1, 2015
Great job just not a future career. I loved my job title and what my job entailed. I just did not preferably like how the management handled the stress level on a daily basis.
Lucky I found them
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Remote employeeOctober 23, 2015
Every day I wake up I feel lucky to have finally found a company to work with that values my abilities. My coworkers and management really care about me and how I work within the team. Every office I visit I see good happy people that care for our patients. If you're good at what you do, take OWNERSHIP of the task at hand and learn quickly then you will be happy.
Pros
Team oriented environment
Cons
Nothing yet