Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

easy job at hand
PATIENT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: pay and managent
I makes charts and answers the phones.
I learned how to do consults.
the management was very poor
I love my co workers
the hardest was trying to do everything myself
I love making patients happy
Rather slow days as this company is new to the area.
RDH (Former Employee), MinnesotaAugust 24, 2015
Pros: free dental
Cons: false values
I have learned that "mean girls" are still out there. The upper and middle management haven't a clue as to what the educated dental professional has had to learn to earn their respective degree. Apparently I missed the class on how to work for professionals who enjoy belittling and embarrassing employees. The hardest part of the job ..going back day after day. The most enjoyable part was by far the awesome patients. They deserve better than just being a source of income for this company
As an Extern
Dental Assisting Externship (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Unorganized
I was taught how to care for patients.
Clean rooms.
Chart Information.
Took Digital X-rays.
Checked out patients.
Assisted during procedures.
Managing Clinical Dentist (Current Employee), Longview, TXAugust 23, 2015
typical day is very busy with a lot of different procedures.
I have learned a lot regarding removable prosthesis.
Co workers have been solid and management is somewhat supportive.
Very organized and patient centered
Dentist (Former Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 19, 2015
Very professional well run dental clinics. The organizational level by management is second to none..Clinical and office support staff are very well trained and knowledgeable.
So so.. high turn over
Operations Manager (Former Employee), south eastern massAugust 19, 2015
Expect high turn over, everything is go go go with little to no thought on employees especially if you are lower on the podem pole per say.
Busy company with a lot of traveling
Dental Assistant/ Oral Surgeon Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILAugust 16, 2015
Good company to work for, been with them for over four years. I was given the opportunity to not only assist but work the front desk. I now travel with the Oral Surgeon, although I do enjoy the position and the doctor is great, I would really like to not travel as much.
Regional and District Management is the problem
operations manager (Former Employee), Iowa/IllinoisAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Clinic staff were amazing.
Cons: micromanaged by someone who had no idea how to manage people.
Upper management had no education, and very little experience. How is someone a district manager for a multi million dollar company with no college degree, and little management experience? The answer, because they rode on the backs of those that do know what they are doing, and took credit for work they did not do.
Fast Paced Enviroment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Crestview, FLAugust 6, 2015
Pros: You stay busy.
Cons: Management
Great place to work if you are a highly self-motivated person. The days are extremely long and busy. The hardest part of the job was having a manager who was/is very young and inexperienced with handling confrontation and working with a Doctor who seems to enjoy belittling and embarrassing his staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a patient who is just as excited to see you as you are to see them! Due to the majority of patients being denture patients you are able to really build a relationship with them and I think that is the most rewarding.
Aspen Dental
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2015
Aspen is a good opportunity to spring board your career and gain various levels of management experience. Unfortunately, this is not usually a long term plan for most of the company's employees with an alarming turnover rate. Your experience will vary based on the territory you work (I have worked in two different territories).
"Treat everyone as they were your mother"
PSR/CSC (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTAugust 1, 2015
This may hold true to the heads of Aspen whom are not in an office, but once it makes it to the offices that motto is not conveyed. I care about my patients and it gets lost in a big company like Aspen.
Professional and Kindly
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 25, 2015
I enjoy working as a dental assistant. Helping people's smiles be as pretty as they want is something that is exciting to me. Aspen dental is professional, give or take a few people. Overall, they are kindly to their patients and helpful.
productive and nice work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Ithaca NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: hr lunch
Cons: N/A
I moved up within the company and learned a lot about managing, billing, and financing. I was consulting patients and helped them to understand their overall treatment.
Overall an okay work place
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAJuly 6, 2015
Employees are not as professional as I would hope for and shows in customer reviews. Not at all great at a "family oriented environment" I have never felt like a part of the team at all and am always frowned upon and made fun of and never invited to lunches or gatherings outside of work.
Professional
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OhioJune 23, 2015
Pros: Tremendous support
Cons: working late hours on consistent basis outside scheduled times
I enjoy working at Aspen Dental and am exploring potential opportunities that will allow me to grow both personally and professionally. I have had the ability to enhance my management skills along with inter-personal skills. Thru daily interactions with patients as well as my staff, I have gained great insight into creating a positive environment by employing a "sense of urgency" culture. This has allowed us to cultivate a work environment that is efficient and that promotes outstanding customer service. I have always enjoyed helping others and this approach enables me to be hands on with all aspects of my job.
Nice group of employees to work with
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), West Bend, WIJune 19, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: poor training
In this position I learned and was given a lot of responsibility and trust. I learned new software programs. There are too many grey areas with this company and not black and white.
work pace depending on the work ethic of the Doctor
Dental laboratory manager (Former Employee), Coralville, IA.June 18, 2015
Cons: it was hard to work with office mangers with no pior dental experience
I loved being in charge of the process of making the in house dentures from impressions thru the completed product. I was enabled to enrich my talents by working on my own depending on my own research and hands on experience.
Exciting and challenging
Regional Development Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 18, 2015
Long hours and work days. Able to work from home 2 times a month. I enjoyed building relationships with my team. Hardest part was the work life balance.
very productive workplace
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHJune 10, 2015
Fast paced. Great learning environment because of all the different types of work we did in a day. There is always hours to be worked especially when you add in helping the extra stores. competitive pay. the thing I enjoyed the most about Aspen was being able to learn all of the different things we did and help further my career and help people.
Patient service representative
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great working environment with an amazing staff
Cons: not very stable
Answering phones, scheduling appointments, went over insurance payment options. The staff that i worked with was amazing, and management was great too. Its is a very fast paced environment and you learn how to go with the flow and become more organized and friendly in stressful situations
Headquarters