Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Amazing job
Dental Technician (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILNovember 18, 2017
I've been a dental technician for going on 5 years &, I can honestly say that I have learned more in my first 5 months at Aspen than I did the last 5 years. Most dental labs train their techs on certain things which basically sets them up for failure. Aspen dental brings you in & teaches you everything that you need to know to make a productive & fulfilling life/career.
Pros
Positive energy in the workplace.
Good Team Work
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHNovember 16, 2017
Served as a dental assistant.
Prepared patients for treatment.
Retrieved patients' dental records.
Handed dental instruments, materials, and equipment to dentists. Used suction or similar devices to help keep patients' mouths dry and clear. Offered patients instruction in postoperative steps and general oral healthcare
Internship at Aspen Dental
Human Resources Assistant - Part-Time Internship (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 12, 2017
I had my human resources internship at Aspen Dental. My supervisor was excellent and made the job a pleasure. I was introduced to others in the human resources department and the group was friendly and seemed to work well together.
Horrible.
Dental Assistant/Patient Service Rep/CSC (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 9, 2017
Unless you're looking to hate waking up every morning, hate where you work and everyone you work with, I recommend staying away from these locations. They do not care about their staff, only their numbers. Next to NO learning opportunities, raises or career advancement. The only way you'll be okay is if you have an amazing personality. You could be the laziest person in the office, but as long as everyone likes you its irrelevant if you do any actual work or not. The people who tend to be the hard workers, get overlooked. Frustrating environment.
fast paced, well up-kept
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 9, 2017
A typical day at aspen is very fast paced, always moving around, dealing with majority edentulous patients and dentures. the most enjoyable part of being there was seeing the smile on patients faces once there smile have changed and changed there whole perspective on life and gives them confidence.
Pros
having relationships with my patients, meeting new people, and being a dental assistant in general
Cons
lack of of communication, bad enviroment for a work place
Horrible Work Enviorment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 7, 2017
Management is horrible and extremely gossipy. Managers plays favorites and if they don't like you then they make your work life miserable. Being a cooperate office there is a Chain of command if you have problems with your direct manager. Unfortunately here it is almost impossible to follow it because the direct manager and district manager are close friends - they could care less what you have to say or what your concerns are. The district manager tries to turn everything around to be your fault and thinks your direct manager can do no wrong. I guess slamming doors and yelling down the halls is normal behavior???
Manipulative, Carrot Dangling joke
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 4, 2017
Long days, no work life balance, way under paid for the job, management is full of it and never follows through on promises made, patients were great, but too much drama and politics
benefits
Cons
everyone around you
Fast pace office
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 3, 2017
Very fast paced office that is stressful at times to work at but very rewarding if you are looking to move up in the company. Very good pay and benefits.
fast pace!
Four-handed chair-side assisting (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAOctober 31, 2017
constantly on your feet!

how to get a patient in and out in under 30 minutes

great management

very diverse

making temporary crown and bridges

seeing patients happy with their dental results
Buyer beware
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 28, 2017
Aspen Dental touts itself as a way to get out of the rat-race of retail, for retail managers. But, you have sales goals and your product is only as good as your clinician. Some offices are going to retail hours with more to follow.
Pros
It's inside. Sundays off.
Cons
Same retail expectations. Growth is too aggressive to be sustained.
dont reccomend this place for a job
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 26, 2017
Horriable job adavancement and poor upper management. if this is your last resort job then ok but your better off working some where else where its less stressful and they wont low blow you with your hourly wage
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIOctober 25, 2017
Aspen was a great place to work but the current regional manager at the time was terrible. There was constant push to "sell" and it made the reception and office staff uncomfortable.
Fast-paced but unorganized
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHOctober 22, 2017
Constant employee turn-over in all departments, which results in lack of organization. Overall staff is kind and willing to help whenever it's needed.
Pros
Guarenteed lunch, benefits, 401k, ect
good place to work if you work well and quickly
Managing Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 20, 2017
Heavy emphasis on removable prosthetics. Periods of slack time interspersed with crazy rushing around to see patients (scheduling sometimes a problem). Unless doctor stays on time, may not get lunch or leave on time. Need more than one intra-oral x-ray than the typical one per facility.

I learned there are some very good staff wiling to work for lower wages.

Management (corporate) was not very responsive to needs expressed at the lower levels. Staffing, in particular, was difficult to maintain.

Workplace culture stressed working as a team and meeting personal and group goals. Sometimes these goals were unreachable or impractical for a given location.

Hardest: Doing a good job in the time alloted. Getting patients to keep their appointments. Presenting even minimal treatment plans that patients either didn't show an interest in or had no money (even with financing) to achieve.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a dedicated staff.
Pros
reasonably flexible schedule
Cons
Scheduling needs to be refined, Workload often had me working alone without a assistant at chairside.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, IN 47129October 14, 2017
throughout the day we would attend to patients, assist the Doctors, maintain office cleanliness and answer phones. It is not a place I desire to work at.
Amazing workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYOctober 9, 2017
I loved this job. The training was excellent and the trainer was even more so. Once I hit the work floor, I was very confident in myself and the work I was doing. The managers were always on stand by for any questions or concerns, and my coworkers were amazing. I left this job for medical reasons, but would recommend it to anyone considering it.
Pros
Excellent staff, benefits, and job duties.
Cons
It can sometimes be a little demanding.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 8, 2017
You have to be self-driven, a fast learner, and a great multi-tasker to be successful in this company.

The staff is very fun and energetic. They are also fast paced.

The hardest part of the job is learning the doctor's preference, and the patients.

I truly enjoy seeing every patient leave satisfied with the care they received..
fun,welcoming
Dental Assistant- Externship (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIOctober 3, 2017
nice place to work, and very helpful they understand how money can be tight and try to work with you through the financial struggles. they also make you feel very welcoming.
Horrible work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2017
Its all about who you know to move up. And its all about the profits. Patients and employees don't matter. High stress, inconsistent management, false promises. Patient care is not a priority. They only care about new offices and don't care about patients or employees at current offices.
Overall good company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 30, 2017
The overall company is great company to work for. The offices; however, are individually owned, so if you get in with a bad owner, you will not enjoy your career choice.
Pros
Most offices have a family atmosphere, company is nation wide, so you can transfer most places in the US within the company.
Cons
Upper management is only concerned with how much more money each office could be making

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9