Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employer Reviews

Great experience
Patient Care Coordinator/ Dental Assistant Trainee (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 8, 2014
Pros: dental assistants are very friendly, decent hours
I have had the opportunity to learn and advance myself with the security and variety offered by this position. My co-workers are very supportive.
Practice Manager
Practice Development Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: freedom to work independently
Cons: long hours
A typical say in the life of a Practice Manager is working hard to provide quality patient care in the most efficient manner.
Not great to their employees.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 12, 2014
Some of the management is wonderful. unfortunately I had a Office manager who was rude to patients and employees. I was taken advantage of by the office manager, and inevitably lost my job.
High turnover
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), WisconsinMarch 12, 2014
Pros: You will always have something to do. The workload is very fast paced. This is a great job for a new graduate who wants experience but is willing to work for much less. As a dental hygienist, you will see a variety of patients. You will get a lot of experience with patients who what periodontal disease & need scaling & root planing. You have the – more... opportunity to bonus on top of your hourly pay.

Cons: Busy workload, they have a call center who schedules appointments (along with everyone else who schedules appointments in your office), most of the dental assistants have little experience & get paid terribly, & HIGH turnover – less
Fast dn fun work environment
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 11, 2014
Pros: dental benefits
Cons: some patients are rude
All the people there were awesome. They taught me a lot and I am glad I got the experience to extern at that site.
Half-Way point
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Defiance, OHMarch 10, 2014
Only in times of sure desperation should you ever work here! The management is a joke and the staff they hire are that equal to the people who work at a dairy farm (no offense to dairy farmers). Great place to begin a career as a dental assistant, but do not recommend for a permanent stay.
Not a bad place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2014
The days were always EXTREMELY busy, although we always had a lot of patients that didn't show or cancelled. Coworkers were fairly catty, although there were a few that were nice.
productive
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 7, 2014
Doing my externship at Aspen Dental I assisted in everything from composite fillings, crown preparation, mixing alginate, extractions, the process of dentures, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, pre clean and disinfect and set up the ops for next procedures.
lunch and learns were good
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Kissimmee flMarch 3, 2014
Pros: free dental care
Cons: health care is expensive
Aspen dental is fast pace environment but can be steady at times also.I learned quite a lot from the Dentist,Hygienist ans Lab tech. I would always have my noise in there business every chance I had just to grow and get the knowledge.
Apply with Aspen...be careful....
Office employee (Former Employee), United StatesFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: when you win contest you recieve prizes (2months after contest), (if your higher on the totem pole: the bonuses and compensation is great)
Cons: lack of advancement, laxed management from corp offiice, short breaks, expensive healthcare, lack of compensation, no bonuses
First and foremost, the people I work with; within the home office I am apart of, are great individuals. Smiling faces, working relationships quickly turned into life long friendships and those are the things one looks forward to when working with Aspen ( or any company for that matter.) Sure there will always be quirks within peoples personalities – more... however ultimately the people I work with are the only reason I have stayed with this company; well that and the unfortunate difficulty to find a better job. A majority of the patients are amazing and extremely appreciative to receive the care and concern they have not been receiving at other dental practices. The looks on the faces of the men and women as they walk out smiling unlike they have smiled in 4, 10 or even 20+ years is a rewarding feeling and one I could not take away from the job.
However being employed by Aspen Dental, one is quickly shown the downfall of corporate life (when the corporation is run by a money hungry, unappreciative, employee non-savvy group of individuals). Having a work/life balance is almost non existent with this company especially when they request of you to work the overtime (when it is a benefit to them) and then shun and/or chastise you for doing just that. Depending on the position you are in, the ability for advancement is available but at what cost? If advancing means you are unable to have a social/family life outside of work. you push yourself to the max working for years in one position with promise of advancement/compensation and recognition only to be dragged through the mud and be told (unapologetically) there is no where to advance to or that it will take more years and proof to show you are "worthy" of advancement then I would rather work at a run of the muck bar making tips. Doctors can make large lump sum bonuses every month however the rest of the "team" doesn't make a single thing. If it takes a team to run an office then a team should be receiving a bonus.
There are many things I could say about this company as a whole to try and express how much I would not advise another to apply with this company however I will simply leave you with this:
"A happy employee, a thriving company" Patient satisfaction is necessary however employee satisfaction is a must; and when you're main focus is that of the patient you loose site of what it is to have a happy employee and that matters just as much if not more than having a good post on Google maps about your company. – less
gettin better at your job every day
Dental Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
meetning new pep. assisting them and satisfying them., sum were cranky and others were just the sweetest u had to learn to not let them bother you and that there always right.
Enjoyable working with multiple Doctors and Hygenist.
Lead Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Ithaca and Big Flats, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: got lots of overtime to earn a little extra each paycheck.
Enjoyed working with a range of people. Worked with the oral surgeon and experienced a great learning experience. Learned proper hygiene when it comes to your mouth. Had great benefits including dental, vision and health.
Stressful, unpaid, lied to
Patient Services Rep (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: no breaks, can't leave your desk
I was the PSR for Aspen for a year and a half. I was promised promotions twice which were never given to me. I was promised help as I was in a busy office and that was never given to me. I was overworked and under paid. I was denied a raise twice but was forced to train people who were hired in at more than me. Worst place I've ever worked in my life. – more... I was constantly stressed out and I even lost my relationship because of the stress this place put on me! They are all out for money and do not care about good patient care. It's all about selling! I witnessed so many unethical practices! – less
a typical day at work
Office Manager (Current Employee), texasFebruary 7, 2014
busy from the moment you walk thru the day. I have learned dental terminology and procedures. Insurance benefits
Great place to start and gain experince
Dental assistant (Current Employee), Dedham, MAFebruary 2, 2014
aspen dental is a great place to start after leaving school, you learn about all the exciting things in the dental world
Too focus on sales instead of patients
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: ok pay
Cons: sales focused
Aspen has lost focus of the patients, they are more focused on bottom line profit.
A Management position at Aspen Dental definitely keeps you on your toes.
Office Manager (Float) (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great staff to work with, you and your family get a special reduced price dental plan through any aspen dental location.
Cons: must excell at multi-tasking on a daily basis, one must able to handle and manage any type of customer service issue.
Aspen Dental is very concerned about customer appreciation ratings so excellent customer service is vital.
Great
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Medford, MAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great expereince
Cons: no ft job offers
Great patients who were willing to allow me to work on them with the assistance of experience Dental Assistant.
productive fun work environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAJanuary 14, 2014
We had one dentist three assistants with three columns Production , New patients and Overflow. We were pretty much busy everyday and each assistant traded off on what column they were going to do. My co workers were amazing people to work with. The hardest part of the job were the patients being 30 minutes late and not getting told about it. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was being able to put a smike on the patients face. – less
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!
PSR (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: nothing!!!!
Cons: everything!!!!!
I am a PSR with this company and hope to save someone's life with this review. I will soon be an ex-employee as I gave my two weeks notice. They are the WORST company I have ever worked for! PLEASE do your homework before working for this company. I have learned a lot but praised for nothing only criticized and belittled. Our direct office manager has – more... his hands tied by corporate. Our regional manager is the rudest person I have ever met and cares NOTHING for the employees. My co-workers are amazing and the Doctor in our office is amazing. I have seen so much abuse in this company starting with the employees and ending with the patients. The hardest part of the job was coming to work everyday and giving them my all! The most enjoyable part of the job was my drive home! PLEASE RUN FROM THIS COMPANY! – less

1 2 3 4 5