Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

love it
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 16, 2017
love it. a very fun place to work . I enjoyed my coworkers very much They always kept me laughing and the managers are very welcoming and supportive
fast paced
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 11, 2017
They make multiple dentures and partials every day. they try and make it like a family there, however the dentist changes a lot. If the dentist is on vacation or sick, they just call corporate and they have a dentist drive over and cover the dentist.
Pros
everyones nice
Cons
their corporate representatives
Hard work, good money, high stress, lots of hours
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 10, 2017
Lots of goals to meet in a high stress, fast paced environment. Extremely high turnover. Good pay, bonus, and benefit structure. Most staff truly care about the patients. Hectic schedules leave areas of opportunity with patient care. Long wait times for patients and long hours for staff. Business model is strong. Lots of opportunity for people willing to work hard. Overall, it's what you make of it.
Pros
Bonus structure, 401k, excellent benefits
Cons
Lack of patient focus
It's a great place to work
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 6, 2017
The work day is always fast paced. I have learned to be a little more organized and speed up my pace. Working with the co workers is really nice. They are a great team. The hardest part about the job is being the front line and the first face that the patient sees and encounters. But it can also be the most pleasurable also.
Pros
You get one hour lunch breaks and chances to advance
Cons
Very high stress environment
Challenging, Fun Workplace
Regional Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Aspen Dental as a brand is a great organization to work for. There are challenges with a growing company.. 65 offices a year. Team Members are put into a role they are not ready for.
Ok for entry level managers
Office manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Very high stress position but grateful to help ppl while I could. More sales then general health care. Even if expected sales goal was met they would still push for more exactly like Wells Fargo
Pros
Free dental work
Cons
Very demanding no work life balance . More sales then healthcare
Fun but Stressful
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed working with many that I worked with, loved the patients, but there was not a lot of room for advancement and the pay wasn't as great as the work.
Learned a lot
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 21, 2017
Great experience with Aspen Dental. It was a very fast environment and I had a great experience with learning. However, I did not have any real training, I learned majority of it on my own.
Work someplace else.
Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Short & sweet: it sucks.
The patients are horrible to deal with and having management listening in, watching your every move doesn't help. It's a scheduling Center, not NORAD.
Even your days off are ruined, because you know you'll have to go back tomorrow.
So glad it's over. Save yourself the stress & torment. Work someplace else.
Pros
Free cleanings
Cons
Everything else
fast paced, patient focused care, high energy
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46224January 13, 2017
I learned how to transition from slow speed to fast pace easily. All the training ive recived was exceptional from doctors that willingly taught me new techniques to be efficient. I got along with all the coworkers that were very patient with me when I struggled. they were very forthcoming, honest, supportive people. the hardest part of the job would have been when we did not have a steady dentist or another assistant for extended time periods. the best moments were when the patients praised us individually for the work and care we gave them .
productive
Dental Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJanuary 9, 2017
Great experience and wonderful employees. Nice environment, gained lots of education and experience. Very friendly and helpful when needed. Doctors were nice
loved my team but management was unpredictable and sorry
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 5, 2017
I worked for Aspen for two plus years. I worked with an awesome group of girls minus the sneaky doctor and rude management!!!
For those with kids, yeah right! Work life balance is more like giving all of your time then expected to work more and the Saturdays are iffy. They send a set schedule that is always subject to change. The regional managers and doctors have more control over who works there and who is liked rather than the quality of work! Benefits are great but other than that, weigh out your options!
It is a very hostile environment to work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 4, 2017
When I started, nobody ran the lines with solutions or changed the traps. It's not a very sterile environment for employees or patients. The assistants have not been trained correctly. They where very hard to get along with. I tried to teach them the proper was to sterilize a patient room, but you can't teach someone who not willing to listen. I was assaulted by the front office staff on several occasions and nothing was done about it. It was not a very good experience
Pros
The lab technician is wonderful
Cons
Need new staff
Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant and PSR (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Overall aspen is a good company. There are kinks in the system just like every company. My coworkers were awesome. It is a very high paced setting. There is always something to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
Pros
Free lunch at MOR meetings
Cons
healthcare, management, etc.
No Comment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Aspen dental does not care about it's employees or their lives outside of work. They do not accommodate for illness, injury, mental health etc. The company is overpriced and is only about making money.
Worst Company to work for.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 28, 2016
This company is only out for the finance of it's patients. The dentist give treatment plans based on amount of money they can get, not what is in the best interest of the patients.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Run away, don't walk away !!!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New EnglandDecember 28, 2016
Stayed for way too long due to bullying and scare tactics. Cheats patients with cheap dentistry products with escalated pricing. Office Managers are over worked and underpaid for the demands placed on them as well as the long hours without compensation. Upper Management is unsupportive and unresponsive to requests and cares about the bottom line only. Totally useless and any amount they are paid is way too much

Patients are wonderful and truly the ones who suffer. Hated applying people for financing when the clearly couldn't afford the treatment or payment plans associated. Managers had metrics that had to be met in order to get bonuses, including financing, patient satisfaction, and how much your practice brings in per month.

This place doesn't care about patients or employees; just that you drink the kool aid and act like they do- money hungry machines.
Pros
Cons
Pay, work life balance, not compensated for overtime and saturdays. High turnover and terrible upper management.
Ok place to work
PSR (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 27, 2016
Some of the staff is great. Couldn't really take days off unless you asked not only your manager but also your co-coworker which was very frustrating. Hardest part was being able to balance your life because you have to stay so late after the time you guys closed due to over booking the schedule.
N/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2016
This was a very challenging place to work. Not only was I completely blindsided by the tasks that my position consisted of, the management was intolerable.
Aspen Dental
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 21, 2016
Aspen Dental is a very busy place to work, any Aspen typically sees 50-60 patients per day, once you got there first thing in the morning no matter the day, there were always charts up on the wall and people waiting in the lobby to be seen, having said that I met some of the most amazing people that I have ever gotten the chance to work with! I just do not think Aspen takes their dental assistants job to seriously, they do not pay well, and pay increases are not often given , if they are it is hardly nothing at all to the dental assistants, however I can not speak for the rest of the staff, I do appreciate Aspen giving the chance to increase my learning and help open other doors of opportunity to me! It is a great place for new assistants right out of school to start to gain more training and to see a wide variety of dental procedures performed! all around my office was a great place to work, as I became closer to my work family and my patients!
Pros
pay was not great
Cons
enjoyed working with people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9