Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employer Reviews

Busy. but lacked communication and managment skills
Dental Extern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: managment
Aspen is a chain and all about making money and keeping patients in the schedule. 1 Doctor having to see 4 different Pts at the same time didn't work out well. The management was awful , and the communication between everyone was extremely poor. They need to hire more staff and and more than just one Doctor to see over 40 Pts a day. You did get an hour lunch sometimes longer.
A typical day at work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, benefits, great co-workers, awesome patients
Cons: long hours, inconsistency
A typical day at Aspen Dental consists of supporting our doctors to give the patients the best quality care possible! Aspen Dental Management's mission is to support and offer assistance to our doctors. As day as a patient services representative mainly consists on verifying insurances, answering phones, recording messages, checking in and out patients, and financial consultations, taking payment, and helping out the flow. Aspen Dental has the best doctors and by far the best dentures it's a great place to work!
Fast paced, high volume corperate dental office.
Dental Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: being part of a dental team.
Cons: pay.
good place to start out at in the dental field to gain experience. not sure if its the best place to stay unless you plan on advancing into management. the most enjoyable part of the job was watching people get there smile back.
Busy
Dental Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee), Pickerington, OhioJanuary 8, 2015
Apsen dental is very busy. The schedule stays productive and patients are giving the option to walk in. Aspen dental will fit the patient in the schedule. Aspen dental is all about making the patients happy. I enjoyed myself there as an extern,
Productive workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Peabody, MAJanuary 6, 2015
Learn a lot of general dentistry. How to deal with temporary crowns and especially with dentures.
Too much work and not enough employees
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: clean environment
Cons: not enough staff
Really enjoyed the actual work part, but this company just didn't have enough employees causing the patients to wait for 2 + hours before seeing the doctor. They would quadruple book the doctor (and there was only 1) and she couldn't keep up causing extended wait times for the patients.
Manage a high volume Dental Office
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Oak Creek, Waukesha, Germantown, WIJanuary 3, 2015
I would say the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable are the customer service piece of being the Office Manager/Operations Manager for a high volume Dental Office. Insurance verification and issues. Billing issues. Set appointments. Set, hit and exceed goals while balancing P/L.
It was a wonderful learning experience
dental assistant on exturnship (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2014
Pros: geting to know new people
Cons: it was vey cold.
I only worked in a dental setting while I was on my externship. A typical work day for me was very busy. It was always something that had to be done or something that had to get done. I learned that you must have excellent multitasking skills and to remember to always be patient with the patient's. I was able to take those skills with me as I finished my externships. Time management was always important. Aspen Dental was very organize and for the most part stayed within there time frame of getting patients in and out. The hardest part of the job for me was to deal with people who doesn't have the same teamwork ability that I have. I believe that teamwork is very important and should always be use in any medical field. However, I am diverse and I can adapt to work with anybody. The most enjoyable part was at the end of the work day. The feeling of successful being able to take care of the doctor and patient needs as well as helping out my teammates.
A company that is only concerned with the bottom line
Office Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, CTDecember 20, 2014
I enjoyed working for the office that I was in, however, the management for Aspen Dental is only concerned with profits and not concerned about the patients we were treating. Many people were fired unfairly for not meeting outrageous quotas.
excellent
PSR (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 16, 2014
Great company made a lot of new friends easy to learn, and can grow with the company we welcomed customers gave them consult left with a new smile. The hardest part of the job was when someone needed new dentures and did not have dental insurance to cover the cost.
Getting Patients the care they need.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work if you like to help people and are money motivated. Great for someone who is single with no children and can dedicate all their time to the job. It is what you make it. Upper management needs some work but there are some shining stars, you'll know if you are lucky enough to have one of them. Oh and
just hope you get a nice dentist to work with!
The people make it worth it.
PSR (Current Employee), CNYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: great people, 1 hour lunch
Cons: long days
There are a lot of long hours involved but if you don't mind that it can be a great place to work. OM's are understanding of personal life. Even if they say no travel there usually is some sort at some point of time of you working there.
Job satisfaction will depend on which office you're working in.
Dental Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Dunkirk, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch break, sterile working enviornment
Cons: profit fixation, certain patients, bi-weekly pay period
As a dental technician, my experience was vastly different from the other positions in the office. Since this was my first dental technician position, all of my work in the 'field' has been for Aspen Dental. What makes Aspen Dental unique is that the laboratory is directly connected to the dental office which increases laboratory experience and occasionally the workload as one has to be in constant communication with whichever dentist you're working with. What I am qualified to compare are the individual offices as I worked at each office in Western New York. Primarily, I worked at the Hamburg and Dunkirk offices and would recommend to any acquaintance the Dunkirk office. This was the most enjoyable office I've ever worked in as the dentist and lab technician are top notch professionals! Working in an Aspen Dental office requires one to work within a teamwork atmosphere with everyone involved to be able to serve each patient in a timely manner. That being said, I can recall a time or two when a manager supported compressed scheduling which created stressful lack-of-time conditions.
company has a good culture and views, executive management is horrible
Operations Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, paDecember 3, 2014
control day to day operations of a office or multiple offices within a territory.
Unpredictable management and scheduling
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the day was interaction with co-workers and patients. The hardest part was dealing with upper management.
Fast Paste
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Moline, ILNovember 18, 2014
Come in for work go over daily planes. See where we at with families and our co workers reviews. At Aspen I learned that they have a lab within there business, for making partial to full dentures. that's very convent for most family's.
Management was very nice always wanted you to know what you know cause you know it. Always open for question's. As well as the co-workers very nice also open for help. Always assisting the best way they can. Always smiling.
I can say the hardiest thing was for me at Aspen was that I had to leave cause working there was the best time I ever had working anywhere else that I had a job. Besides that I enjoyed my work that I endured everyday I was there cause it was something new everyday.
Not Patient friendly
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Rutland VTNovember 5, 2014
Cons: everything
I did everything from xrays to surgery, mini implants ect. Not family oriented and dont care about employees or patients
Bad manangement
Dental Assisting Externship (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 24, 2014
Pros: routines are the same day in and day out. no surprises.
Cons: working on saturdays
Aspen has simplified the dentistry field so the daily operations are smooth. The culture in the office I worked for was a click based and management was the ring leader. If you're interested in helping patients and NOT fitting into a click and NOT kissing up to management then Aspen is NOT the place for you.
Terrible place to work or get treatment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Appleton WIOctober 11, 2014
Cons: low pay, poor benefits, dishonest unethical doctor
Was operations manager for many years. I worked very hard to change the culture. Dentists were inexperienced, lazy and unethical. Doctors lacked the skill to provide proper treatment. Doctors placed in office right out of dental school. Mine worked years unsupervised providing less than quality care. Stressful for employees to see patients getting poor quality of care. Upper management not qualified to run a business nor did they understand health care. Expectation that office managers should do anything to get patients to accept treatment including misleading patients with long term loans w/o disclosing high high interest rates. If doctors didnt like the patient, patient would be given expensive treatment that they couldnt afford, or would recommend just pulling all teeth or would refuse to treat them and refer them to expensive specialist. WORST PLACE TO WORK OR GET TREATMENT.
dishonest company values
dental assistant (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 10, 2014
Cons: short/no break, likes to pass the buck
A typical day was very confusing. The Doctors are either lazy and sloppy or rushed and incompetent. The people in charge would rather collect money on neglectful dentistry then listen to constructive applications that would not only turn a profit but will be more efficient simply because it came out of the assistants mouth. They command the assistants to due things they have not been properly trained in like adjusting permanent dental appliances, adjust/ remove fixed crown and bridge work. Public stereotyping and shaming from superiors to assistants in the presence of patients. Not providing the patience with the care they need, just looking to turn a profit.

1 2 3 4 5