Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Nice group of employees to work with
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), West Bend, WIJune 19, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: poor training
In this position I learned and was given a lot of responsibility and trust. I learned new software programs. There are too many grey areas with this company and not black and white.
work pace depending on the work ethic of the Doctor
Dental laboratory manager (Former Employee), Coralville, IA.June 18, 2015
Cons: it was hard to work with office mangers with no pior dental experience
I loved being in charge of the process of making the in house dentures from impressions thru the completed product. I was enabled to enrich my talents by working on my own depending on my own research and hands on experience.
Exciting and challenging
Regional Development Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 18, 2015
Long hours and work days. Able to work from home 2 times a month. I enjoyed building relationships with my team. Hardest part was the work life balance.
very productive workplace
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHJune 10, 2015
Fast paced. Great learning environment because of all the different types of work we did in a day. There is always hours to be worked especially when you add in helping the extra stores. competitive pay. the thing I enjoyed the most about Aspen was being able to learn all of the different things we did and help further my career and help people.
Patient service representative
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great working environment with an amazing staff
Cons: not very stable
Answering phones, scheduling appointments, went over insurance payment options. The staff that i worked with was amazing, and management was great too. Its is a very fast paced environment and you learn how to go with the flow and become more organized and friendly in stressful situations
fast paced
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 7, 2015
good to start out at and gain experience fast paced learned alot about dentures supportive office room for advancement
stressful
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), miJune 5, 2015
Pros: good pay if just starting out in your career
Cons: pay
Company is all about money, they dont seem to care about their employees or patients,benefits are not that good and the pay is not good for the amount of work you do. Long hours , no work life balance, stressful environment, usually work through lunch and after close. Raises are a joke, 1-3% of what you make
Rude hustlers
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHMay 29, 2015
Doesn't care about patients, just their money. When the office manager asked what we cared most about when we were at work, I as well as the other Dental Assistants said things along the lines of "making the patient happy/comfortable, keeping things efficient and running smoothly", the office manager and dentist said "to get out of work on time or early"; patients were never a priority, only appearance wise.
stressful but rewarding environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kokomo and Muncie IndianaMay 29, 2015
Answered phones, scheduled patient appointments, put patient files together, met with patients for their consultations, called insurance companies to find out a patient's eligibility. I learned how to handle difficult people with difficult problems. My co-workers were pretty fun but could be under a lot of stress. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help people when they couldn't afford the treatment and seeing them leave in a lot of pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to travel to different offices and be the back-up office manager for the day.
Great workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Crestview FlMay 20, 2015
This was a fast passed dental office.where Patient care was top priority. The Most enjoyable part of this job was seeing patients smile and to educate them on oral care needs. Co-workers were great to work with.
Ridiculous
PSR(patient service representative) (Former Employee), FloridaMay 19, 2015
Pros: Leaving at the end of the day
Cons: No training, low pay, horrible work environment
I literally worked there for 2 weeks and hated everyday of it. I was unemployed after relocating and found this place. I was excited to start and work in the dental field, since I never have. The first day wasn't bad, I was meeting everyone and following the employees to learn the building. I eventually was put in the front of the office, like my job was supposed to be and immediately was overwhelmed. As a PSR, you must answer the 4 phone lines, check patients in, pull charts, and file insurance information. I was not trained from the get go and had to learn all their office responsibilities on my own. I was running charts, answering all the calls, getting chewed out by patients, and dealing with insurance companies alone because they were too lazy to help me learn. I told them from my interview I did not have any dental training but would love to learn and they said I'd be trained. I asked for help from the other 3 to 5 ladies in the office and they were horrible. I would get them to assist me for about 2 minutes but one of their clique buddies would want to chat about family and weekend plans which seemed more important than helping a new employee. They snapped at me for not completing my tasks but when they ask me to answer the phone, file a chart, call the insurance companies...I only have two hands. I would be busy actually working and watch the OMs sit at their desks as the phone rang, making me run to my desk after multiple rings. They are super lazy but when it comes to pushing products or making their bonus, they move right on it. Don't let these people fool you in their amazing benefits and bonuses. They have a 3 month probation period and if you can deal, good luck. I quit and will NEVER deal with this corrupt and money hungry company. I wouldn't even go there as a patient!!
Really care about the patients
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Livonia, MIMay 13, 2015
The doctor was very thorough and knowledgeable with patient care. I loved how everyone got along with one another. Very good atmosphere and I loved how everything was explained down to the cleaning.
Denture Lab Technichian (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYMay 10, 2015
I typically arrived to work daily between 4 and 6 am depending on the needs of the lab. Aspen hired me and trained me from scratch and im greatful. I learned all aspects of denture and flexible fabrication. I loved my co-workers we were like family I could count on them for support and all aspects of my life work related and sometimes personal when appropriate and yes of course like familys we had our issues we always pulled together and got the job done. The hardest part of my job was losing it, I loved going to work there so it wasnt hard at all. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I gave my all everyday to put out a great product fit, look and most importantly function that was for my patients.
Company
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIApril 28, 2015
Aspen dental is a good start for new DA's
great Dr's and co workers, great locations, awesome pay, fun, flexible shifts. diversity,
good
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNApril 28, 2015
Pros: trained well
Cons: pay
I tooked this job fresh out of school for RDA, as a float. I loved the experience that came with it. From traveling all the way clinical. The pay was good at first, and they never gave me review, or answered when it I asked for a form of a raise. Nobody wants to spend 4hrs on the road a day for just $13.00/hr and barely compensation for the drive.
Unstable atmoshere
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKApril 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
In the 6 months that I was employed there, the office went through 9 temp doctors. When I left there still wasn't a permanent doctor on staff. The office was very chaotic and unorganized from the day I started.
poor managment, poor compensation, poor customer care
Lead assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 11, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: no concerns, for assistants being overworked and underpaid
Overbooked, under staffed, Aspen hires people with little or no dental experience for their front and management positions,, and have little appreciation for their dental assistants, It's solely about the $ and little about customer care.
Great place to work if you love helping people.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great balance work and home, opportunity for advancement, helping people.
Cons: Management, pay.
At Aspen Dental I was the Center Hub of the entire function of the office. If the office was a human body, I would have been the heartbeat. I was the first contact of every patient that came in and the last as well. I was responsible for setting the tone of the patient experience. I had many duties that included but were not limited to: Greeting and checking in patients in a friendly manner.
Collect co-payments and verify insurance coverage.
Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
Prepare new patient charts neatly and accurately.
Various office duties as assigned by Office Manager.
Responding to patient billing or financial inquiries, directing to appropriate departments, as necessary.
Collect and post payments and record receipts.
Balance nightly deposits and complete credit card processing.
I was offered a $2.50 raise and a promotion to a Floating PSR/Office Manager/ Trainer that would have had me traveling all over the region.
Nice place to gain experience
Lead Dental Asst Float, OMS Asst (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 7, 2015
Aspen Dental is a great model for what a dental practice should strive for helping out non compliant patients. But how they treat their employees and how much they are paid for all the hard work they put in is a joke.
Challenging yet rewarding work environment
Assistant Manager/Treatment Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Hermitage, PAApril 6, 2015
Busy days yet rewarding by providing patients with the care that they need. Customer service and patient satisfaction is very important. I love helping patients find their smile!

1 2 3 4 5

About Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. We bring affordable, quality care to communities that need it. From – Read more

Aspen Dental Salaries