Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental United States Employee Reviews

Most dishonest company in American Health Care!!!
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: experience with insane people making future jobs cake
Cons: selling your soul to thenaspen dental devil
Run away! This seems like a great opportunity and I must admit benefits are good, but management is brainwashed and they try to brainwash you too. Dentists are not allowed to practice honestly, if they do they don't bonus.I watch poor 90 year olds get sold crown and bridges when they have mobile teeth and they ad so many charges and claim they will "take care of it" then send the patients to collections ruining their credit! PSR's get stuck having to answer 4 lines (all by the 3rd ring mind you) and schedule while calling in 4 insurances per hour and trying to check in every single patient and take payments while on the phone 90% of the time for $12 an hour. Then the office manager gets in trouble if their staff has overtime so they sneak in and cut your clock in and outs by an hour a day very slyly and if you don't pay attention you end up working 50 hours a week and getting paid for 40! You take it up to HR and they do what they can but then it happens again and if you tell on management you get fired for "poor work performance" all the sudden. I have a great lawyer working on this corrupt company as we speak so unless you love drama run away from this job posting! The turnover rate is so high, just do your research and you will see for yourself. Don't let your family go there.
My work experience
Assistant (Former Employee), WisconsinFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches mandatory
Cons: patients being booked in so tight. doctors attitude
New to Aspen Dental, at first it was good, i learned a lot, my real first day seeing patients was an utter nightmare! patients were scheduled every 1/2 an hour and we ran behind the whole entire day! Management saying "You better get quicker" because its gonna get busier! And then being told " Were all just learning" but then get frustrated with you when you did something wrong! Trying to do a FMX and PAN in about 10 minutes! Trying to chart perio for a hygienist who should have been an AUCTIONEER because she went way to fast!!! I couldn't even begin to keep up with her!!!

The Dr was also a nightmare, that only liked certain people, and would not communicate effectively what their expectations were of you. Made you feel like an idiot, and would always go running to the OM tattling on you for mistakes you made.
Productie and friendly work place
Office Manager (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYFebruary 19, 2015
A typical morning started out with a huddle with staff. We discussed and set our goals for the day as a team. We learned how to treat each patient different as they needed for care. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with corporate needs and the patients needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a patient walk out with a smile that they did not walk in with.
its ok
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Aspen is a good place to get your foot in the door. Management says they are "on your side" but they turn around and stab you in the back,
Nice place to work
Certified Secondary Consultant (Current Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 10, 2015
On a normal day, you see about 20 to 30 patients a day. It is a face past environment with a lot of multitasking. The hardest part of the job is being accountable for everyone in the office. I had "some" amazing coworkers.
bad place to work
Interim Office Manager (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free dental ins
Cons: alot of things
not a great company to work for. the work there employes to death. then say there still not doing enough. management talk bad about all there employes. No matter how work
You need to be a good multitasker
Title Office Manager (Current Employee), Johnston, RIFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: made me a better organizer.
Cons: constantly interrupted, work long hours, sometimes don't get lunch time, also very high stress levels.
My typical day at work includes meeting and greeting new patient's holding a meeting every morning to plan the day out. Organizing the schedule to make sure we can accommodate every patient. Audit charts for the next three working days. Constantly being asked about an account one of my PSR's are not sure about. High volume of incoming calls that need to be addressed. Dealing with a metric system on a monthly basis to make sure we are making budget for the company. Conference calls are done on a weekly basis, to ensure we are all on the same page with other aspen dental offices. Making sure patient's are aware of there treatment needed and understand it.
Keep looking
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Its ok alot of anger in the environment from both end. Typical work day is working like a slave and not getting appreciated.
Extremely Busy
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day begins by opening the office 15 minutes before start time. Checking in patients. Collecting payments. Scheduling appointments. Answering the phone. Calling patients to remind them of their appointments for the next day. Taking messages from patients that have requests for prescriptions. Calling prescriptions in to pharmacies. Reviewing charts and putting the treatment plan into the computer. Going over the plan options with the patients. Securing loans for patients that don't have the finances to pay for their treatment. Filing. Copying. Puling charts. Answering billing and insurance questions. Verifying insurance and getting a breakdown of plan benefits. Balancing of end day receipts. Closing the credit card terminal. End of day deposits. Preparing dental cases for UPS pickup. Everyone I worked with was extremely helpful. The hardest part of the job was just juggling all of these duties without much help or any down time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients that were extremely happy with the finished results of their treatment.
Learn alot at the company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 1, 2015
I have to check in a lot of patients, answer multi phone lines, collect payment, schedule patients, adjust the schedule
non productive and unprofessional work environment
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: working through breaks and after work hours every week
A typical work day is long and depressing the environment is very unprofessional, you really don't learned much in this work place besides what you've had already brought to the table. Management does not follow protocol nor do they honor or reward their staff for there hard work, dedication, and dependability. most of the co-workers are new and trying to learn how the company works. The hardest part of my job is working along side a disrespectful, rude and nasty doctor and having to work through lunch and after business hours everyday. What I do enjoy about the job is that my patients leave with the care the need and a smile on there faces.
fast pace with room for advancement
Call center rep (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: friendly staff and managers, respected employees
this was one of the best places ive worked for showed they cared for employees and offered many perks including constant coaching for work improvement down to having food brought for the call center
Not Worth The Wages
PSR (Former Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: everything
Absolutely ridiculous wage rate for the job at hand. Half the time the offices are understaffed, you are expected to complete other jobs on top of your own and take on tasks you are unfamiliar and untrained in pushing anyone and everyone out of their comfort zone. Highest turnover in the company. The doctor I worked for was a joke. She formed cliques in the office, gossiped and even talked bad about surrounding offices--definitely no leadership there which creates a total lack of respect. Any time corporate management came around, things changed as far as what the assistants were allowed to do which means they were practicing their position illegally in some cases. All around hostile environment.
Busy. but lacked communication and managment skills
Dental Extern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: managment
Aspen is a chain and all about making money and keeping patients in the schedule. 1 Doctor having to see 4 different Pts at the same time didn't work out well. The management was awful , and the communication between everyone was extremely poor. They need to hire more staff and and more than just one Doctor to see over 40 Pts a day. You did get an hour lunch sometimes longer.
A typical day at work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, benefits, great co-workers, awesome patients
Cons: long hours, inconsistency
A typical day at Aspen Dental consists of supporting our doctors to give the patients the best quality care possible! Aspen Dental Management's mission is to support and offer assistance to our doctors. As day as a patient services representative mainly consists on verifying insurances, answering phones, recording messages, checking in and out patients, and financial consultations, taking payment, and helping out the flow. Aspen Dental has the best doctors and by far the best dentures it's a great place to work!
Fast paced, high volume corperate dental office.
Dental Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: being part of a dental team.
Cons: pay.
good place to start out at in the dental field to gain experience. not sure if its the best place to stay unless you plan on advancing into management. the most enjoyable part of the job was watching people get there smile back.
Busy
Dental Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee), Pickerington, OhioJanuary 8, 2015
Apsen dental is very busy. The schedule stays productive and patients are giving the option to walk in. Aspen dental will fit the patient in the schedule. Aspen dental is all about making the patients happy. I enjoyed myself there as an extern,
Productive workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Peabody, MAJanuary 6, 2015
Learn a lot of general dentistry. How to deal with temporary crowns and especially with dentures.
Too much work and not enough employees
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: clean environment
Cons: not enough staff
Really enjoyed the actual work part, but this company just didn't have enough employees causing the patients to wait for 2 + hours before seeing the doctor. They would quadruple book the doctor (and there was only 1) and she couldn't keep up causing extended wait times for the patients.
Manage a high volume Dental Office
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Oak Creek, Waukesha, Germantown, WIJanuary 3, 2015
I would say the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable are the customer service piece of being the Office Manager/Operations Manager for a high volume Dental Office. Insurance verification and issues. Billing issues. Set appointments. Set, hit and exceed goals while balancing P/L.

About Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. We bring affordable, quality care to communities that need it. From – Read more

Aspen Dental Salaries