Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
PSR (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 27, 2016
Some of the staff is great. Couldn't really take days off unless you asked not only your manager but also your co-coworker which was very frustrating. Hardest part was being able to balance your life because you have to stay so late after the time you guys closed due to over booking the schedule.
N/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2016
This was a very challenging place to work. Not only was I completely blindsided by the tasks that my position consisted of, the management was intolerable.
Aspen Dental
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 21, 2016
Aspen Dental is a very busy place to work, any Aspen typically sees 50-60 patients per day, once you got there first thing in the morning no matter the day, there were always charts up on the wall and people waiting in the lobby to be seen, having said that I met some of the most amazing people that I have ever gotten the chance to work with! I just do not think Aspen takes their dental assistants job to seriously, they do not pay well, and pay increases are not often given , if they are it is hardly nothing at all to the dental assistants, however I can not speak for the rest of the staff, I do appreciate Aspen giving the chance to increase my learning and help open other doors of opportunity to me! It is a great place for new assistants right out of school to start to gain more training and to see a wide variety of dental procedures performed! all around my office was a great place to work, as I became closer to my work family and my patients!
Pros
pay was not great
Cons
enjoyed working with people
Productive workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OH 44129December 10, 2016
This is a great place to work with great benefits. Everyone was a team player, great experience if your just getting out of school.
They offer overtime.
Great job
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLDecember 8, 2016
Great job, crazy hours. Good place to work if your own the office manager good side............................................
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
bad health care and benefits
Many areas of opportunity and advancement
Patient Service Rep/Certified Second Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 7, 2016
This is a very fast paced occupation, however the compensation is lacking substantially. Many areas to advance positions. The company provides great benefits and perks.
a very fast pace place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 6, 2016
Working here has tough me a lot its a very fast pace to work. The Dr is wonderful and does amazing work but the work ethic isn't the best its a new business but with time it will get better
Pros
Learning Everyday
Cons
Late work days
Fun working enviroment
Chair-side duties (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 6, 2016
People were friendly the pace of the office was great the hours worked for family life and everyone was helpful and management was great training was good
Not a very good place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2016
Very high turn over in staff due no corp. support. They say they promote within but this is not the case.would not recommend working here.
Decent
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 23, 2016
Good job. Pay could be better. learned a lot. met good fiends. peaceful fulfilling job. check it out for yourself. you might or may not like it.your choice.
Pros
Work
Cons
no advancement
Productive workplace
Dental Assistant (DA) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 23, 2016
Absolutely loved working for Aspen Dental. The management, staff, and doctors are phenomenal. A typical day at work involved preparing patients for dental treatment. Transitions from one duty to the next were smooth and well organized with a positive work environment.
fast paced, nice patients, great doctor
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 22, 2016
Organize the patient material used for procedures, reline temp. dentures/partials. make temp crowns & bridges. Assist in Root canals , extractions, fillings
Pros
free cleanings, and preventitve work
Cons
working on Saturdays
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 21, 2016
The hardest part of the job was learning to multi-task. This job has taught me to multi-task in a lot of ways. The most enjoyable part was meeting and greeting patients.
Experience
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 20, 2016
Overall Aspen Dental has treated me very well. They help me develop and grow in learning the Patient service care. I'm looking to continue to expand and grow the Dental and Medical field with patient service care.
Don't waste your time!!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MINovember 19, 2016
Bad management, only care about how many patients they can cram in a day and how much money they can people in debt for. Management are a bunch of back stabbing people. Hours are extremely long with only a lunch given and no breaks. When they don't like someone, they go on a witch hunt until they can find a reason to fire you. Unbelievable employee turnover.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, long days, only care about money
Productive work envionment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 15, 2016
A typical day at work consist of greeting patients, checking them in for appointments, creating new patient charts, chart audits, filing charts, submitting insurance information, check outs and payments.
Over Diagnosis
Managing Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OH 45424November 13, 2016
Management stresses profits over what is best for patient, insisting on over-diagnosing and over-treating the patients
making sure patients get great treatment and a wonderful visit
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLNovember 7, 2016
starting your day with a nice team meeting talking about the schedule if its heavy or light. if we can accept lots of walk-ins the things i learned in this company is working on dentures and partials management is wonderful they work with you and if you need anything they just a phone call away. co workers work as team and help each-other out with no problem hardest part of the job is having a patient coming in sad because they don't have a smile but the most enjoyable part is that same patient that came in sad is now more happier then ever.
drama
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNNovember 5, 2016
Very unprofessional. Long hours and care for the staff is at a minimum. Love dentistry but when it comes to drama in the office there is not a professional system in this company. Patients aren't number one
Fast paced environment
Personal Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 4, 2016
A typical day was constantly checking in patients and answering the telephone.

I learned to multitask

My co workers, some were nice some were not very nice to me.

The hardest part of the job was giving more than I was getting.

My assistant manager was very helpful and nice to everyone including patients.
Pros
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9