Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Good learning experience, bad working environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 21, 2015
Business-oriented. do not care about employees. co-workers at my location does not show understanding to others when it comes to hectic situation.
Glorified Receptionist
PSR (Former Employee) –  somewhereOctober 19, 2015
Training program is horrible, doctors are non sociable along with the whole staff. Frown upon really helping the patients. Wont schedule adjustments because they are free and want to use the open slots for patients who have to pay. Sad I had to turn people away who really needed to be seen. I wonder how these people can sleep at night. The hardest part of this job is being told to lie to the patients. My co-workers were not welcoming at all. I can only think of 3 that were nice, out of 45 that I was in contact with from office to office. Management needs to stop advertising false information on the help wanted ad's! Read between the lines, if it sounds so great, its really not.
Cons
Horrible place to work for
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PaOctober 15, 2015
It was a horrible company to work for over worked and under paid. there is no room for advancement. some of the workers are very pleasant to work with others not as much.
Aspen Dental
Patient Service Representative/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2015
It can be a fun place to work but it can be unorganized at times. I enjoy what I do with the company but I do not like unorganized companies. They also do not follow through with things mentioned.
Pros
great employees
Cons
unorganized
chaos
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
It was not managed well the managers were just walking out or not coming back to work I had to run the office with no compensation. The marketing was not great so our office was slow. however it was a great stepping stone I would still be there if the location was not so far.
Pros
experience
Cons
managment
Great team to work with!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 13, 2015
I did my six week externship here and I so wish they had room on their staff. Great team of people to be around and work with the patients where also a pleasure to help.
Pros
all the little extra perks
Cons
not a opening for me to work with them
productive work enivorment, great staff and team work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford,ctOctober 6, 2015
productive work place with disorganized upper management. all about the numbers and meeting monthly budget. opportunity for personally growth and development. decent amount of red tape and politics.
Pros
lunch in learns, training at corperate headquaters
Cons
high turn over, upper management, botom line money over patients
Busy active office.
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome NYOctober 6, 2015
Great people to work with within my office. co-workers get along like family. learned a lot since working there. but would like to broaden my skill set a bit.
Pros
Health ins and 401K
Cons
Little chance for advancement.
nice staff
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 5, 2015
too many patients in schedule
more finical oriented then patient care
trying to find time for patient care,too many procedures at once
benefits
Cons
no advancment, wages
Not a job that anyone who cares about their future, should invest in.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 5, 2015
Employees take long lunch breaks to do things that they shouldn't be doing especially at work. Not a good career move and the staff does not treat new people very well.
Pros

Want to know more about Aspen Dental?

Ask a question
Customer Service scheduling and checking out
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 2, 2015
The company in a whole is a great company to work for. The office that I work for was unorganized, unprofessional, made customers wait to long to be seen. That has all changed now oh. I heard there are all new employees at this office.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Unorganized
Wonderful Place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 30, 2015
I love my job at Aspen Dental. It has its ups and downs but overall its a great place. Communication is a large factor in a smooth running dental office and that is one thing that it can lack. Overall, I do love my job though, and I love my coworkers and patients
It's all about the rush job not the quality
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland flSeptember 21, 2015
Honestly as a dental technician it's an absolute joke. They preach and say quality this and that but all they want is it done as fast as possible. These are prosthetics that patients pay very good money for. They trust that we are the experts. Office managers and regionals do not care what happens as long as it the work is turned around so they can get the next treatment accepted. Morning huddles are nothing more than a numbers game where you're at budget how many patients they have to see/ accept treatment/ Rec payment. Most of the assistants are doing the jobs of the doctors as far as working impressions go. They want all the work done in the lab and expect the tech to do majority of adjustments. There wouldn't be so many adjustments if they'd slow down and take good impressions and bites. Anyways, not all of them are completely this crazy. I've worked for a lot of different territories and if you decide on taking the role as a hired hand not a technician stay away from central Floridas market.
Pros
Hmmmmm paycheck
Cons
Hours are dumb, management doesn't have a clue, do not care about patient, always pressuring for more
Dental Externship Site (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 18, 2015
I did not actually work there, I just interned there as a Dental Assisting student. They taught me a lot of things that I did not know.
Productive, wonderful people to work with
Treatment Co-ordinator/Office Manager Training (Former Employee) –  St Augustine FLSeptember 14, 2015
Productive, wonderful people to work with. Management tends to listen to any issues you may have. I enjoyed working at Aspen Dental and all the wonderful people that I worked with.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Work some Saturdays
As an extern dental assistant..
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 14, 2015
I wasn't happy that I ended up getting placed in a corporate office, but now I am so happy I did! Everyone I worked with was extremely helpful and really helped me to learn. Although I wasn't getting paid, ;) I enjoyed being there and really looked forward to my work day. In my short 3 months of being there, almost every patient left with a smile and thanked us for being so kind and nice to them. Everyone loved the doctor, how he clearly explained everything and took time for the patient. The office manager made sure to say Hi to everyone, and some even went out of their way to say Hello to her if she was in her office.
Pros
rewarding
Compensation package kept changing
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 8, 2015
Had to work six days a week/10 to12 hour days, no work life balance. New regional manager came in and destroyed the whole territory. Every employee I had for two years left because of her incompetence.
Horrible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  huber HeightsSeptember 8, 2015
They are thieves. I will never go back there to work. They over charge patients for the "care that they need". They create more problems for the patient in the long run
Pros
some of the people I was able to get to know.
Cons
only care about money made off their patients
great pay lots of hours
Lead Oral Surgeon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IASeptember 8, 2015
everyone has a horrible attitude that works there. Mainly because the company works you a lot. If you love being an assistant then you take it. Very high turn over rate. Rarely have patients come back for more treatments due to dr always being behind
Poor Salary for associate dentist
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  IASeptember 4, 2015
I gained experience working as the only dentist in a busy office my first year out of school. It is a great place to learn about removable prosthetics. just by learning from your mistakes, you learn a whole lot bc pros (and Oral surg) are about 75% of what you do every day. The good thing if a denture doesn't work, you remake it again in the in office lab (so you never have to deal with an unhappy denture patient (to a certain extent anyway). You get to make all (or most of) your patients happy while learning through the journey!

Upper management is a joke. Unqualified people at high managerial positions. Numbers talk (although I was lucky never to be pressured to worry about making the monthly profit goals bc I was really needed where I was practicing).

As an associate dentist you will only make the minimum daily guarantee, no matter what they promise you about profit sharing and bonus, don't believe it, you will never make bonus. Plan on it! If you want to make serious money as a dentist with aspen, it's def within reach, but you have to buy a practice and then prepare to say bye to your life as you know it (no thanks, didn't go to school for that!!).

Scheduling is managed through a call center so it's very hectic and all over the place, it's very common to get stuck seeing emergency patients during lunch break or after hours (you learn pretty quick to write Rx and send them on their way, even though aspen wants you to do treatments, you have to learn to say no and remember you are human and you have a life!!)

Benefits are good (health insurance, disability long
  more... and short term, 401k).

Great CE courses that are free for aspen dentists.
Pros
Good Free CE courses, good benefits.
Cons
Patient schheduling, upper management, salary (pretty much everything else)