Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

A Great Place to Work
OFFICE MANAGER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLSeptember 28, 2017
If you are looking for a company with great benefits and tons of room to grow this is the place for you. It is a fast paced environment which makes the day go by quickly and is incredibly rewarding if you are willing to put your all into learning the business. You will be required to WORK here but if you are motivated and ready to pursue a career in the dental field this is the place.
Pros
Only open until 1 on Fridays, tons of room for growth
Horrible, horrible, horrible!
PSR/Office Manager trainee (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, FLSeptember 27, 2017
No training. No structure. HIGH turnover. Long hours. No consistent breaks. Horrible benefits. I would NEVER recommend Aspen to anyone. Save yourself!!!
Cons
Expensive insurance, Constantly understaffed, Horrible upper management. Constant altercations with patients from higher-ups.
EFDA Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 24, 2017
Great place to work. The company has a great mission. Patients are well taken care of. It is run like a cooperation because it is. Long days but there are great patients.
Great place to work!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2017
I’ve had a great experience working at Aspen Dental! My training experience was amazing and my team works great together. I’ve gotten nothing but support from my Regional Manager and Director. I’ve been to Corporate in Syracuse and made more connections gaining more support to move up in the company. This is a health care position yes you have to work but the work isn’t “hard”. Yes, the hours are longer we are trying to ensure patients can visit offices at times that are convenient for them. Yes, they do have an attendance policy I’ve never known anyone to be terminated because they were sick. Especially, if they had a doctors note for a prolonged absence. If you feel you are not being properly trained you should speak up this would be the same at any employer you work for where training is required, you have a voice use it. Yes, sometimes the treatment is expensive any neglect to your health can escalate in higher treamtment cost over time this includes oral health. Which is why Aspen offers assistance from lenders if our patients don’t have dental insurance they also offer several options to pay for treatment the choice is ultimately with our patients. Yes, you might have a few people who are rude this is a service industry and you can’t make everyone happy. I love getting to know my patients! Not sure how a good work life balance wasn’t achieved as stated in some of these reviews especially since Friday most offices close between 1 & 2PM and offices are only open 1 Saturday a month and an extra day off during the week is given for those that are scheduled to work that open  more... Saturday. Great communication, good strong teams, time management and setting expectations are key.  less
Pros
Compensation, benefits, paid holidays off, support from upper management, bonus incentives, discounted services for family & friends, good work life balance
this was an extern for me
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALSeptember 19, 2017
I went to Aspen Dental to do my extern for dental assisting, so therefor I cannot say much about the benefits because that is beyond my knowledge. I learned a lot of things here during my 6 week extern. I was able to perfect my chairside procedures, practice placing my x-ray barriers in a patient mouth correctly, and also was able to strengthen my charting. The best part of being at Aspen was being able to see how they take preliminary impressions for dentures and partials.
Very stressful place to work.
Lead/Training (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2017
I worked for this company for six years and during that time I had over 10 doctors come in and out of that facility. It's very unprofessional very stressful never knowing if your job is secure or not because of upper management. When you went to your regional or district managers it fell on deaf ears concerning your concerns. Felt as if someone was always trying to get rid of another person just because of personal issues. Again very stressful very unprofessional no work life balance whatsoever. I felt as if they were worried so much about the money then they were the patient care.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Good pay
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNSeptember 13, 2017
I didn't really like working for Aspen Dental. We changed management 3 times in less than a year. they give very large workload to their PSR. When I started working there, I was the 11th PSR that they had in 2 years.
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
Graded on the number of people who comes to their appointment
great pay but over worked and very stressful work culture
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 11, 2017
well, people hate the dentist. so there is that. patients were pushed through the office like cattle. most doctors are fresh out of scholl and inexperienced.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
highly stressful unrealistic sales goals
Blah
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 9, 2017
Very difficult to trust upper management. People above are all about money and not patient care. They will say they are, but they are not. I have ZERO trust in them.
Good Place to work
Traveling Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2017
I did my externship at Aspen during the summer. Was relocated and hired at a different location. I really enjoy my employment at Aspen and would recommend it to anyone
High turn over, bad management
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PASeptember 7, 2017
I have seen more people go then get hired at Aspen. The turn over is crazy. They care about making money and sending an older patient home with a 1,200 dollar cleaning appointment and making them apply for credit. Management was horrible, she had no experience whatsoever, talked like she was in the ghetto most of the times. Never again would I work for this company
Pros
Nothing at all
stressful and busy workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work was very stressful, busy, and never controlled. Management overcharged their customers and did not care about the care and needs of their patients.- this was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part to watch was how much patients smiles changed once their care was finished and their smile was improved.
Great place to work if you want to work!
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 31, 2017
Aspen dental Minot is a great office. Yes they expect you to come to work, because we have to take care of our patients, as any other medical field office would. We work hard but are compensated well. My job leaves my cup full at the end of the day, the patients are the best! Great team!
Pros
Paid well, great patients
Cons
Long hours when people don't show up to work
Stressful
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 30, 2017
It's a stressful job the rules change very often is a lot of favoritism a lot of drama management not good at all is a lot of he say she say instead of them trying to get to the bottom of the situations you don't know for sure if your job is safe you can work hard for them but that doesn't matter they all about money not their employees everybody is replaceable regardless
Retail Dentistry
Dental Assistant/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 28, 2017
I resigned from this position because I felt the need to make money was more important than the patient. Working in the healthcare field, I feel that patient care is more important than making money.
Pros
Fun
Cons
no bonus, people come and go
There are no issues
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 28, 2017
My role at Aspen required alot of team work and problem solving. Aspen Dental management failed to help me in this area resolving issues with impressions and the dentists poor communication and his lack of knowledge about dentures. Then they tried to blame me for everything for bringing it to their attention. Unresponsive management. Don't come here if you expect managers to care about quality of your work.
review
Senior Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 23, 2017
Good company for professionals trying to find their feet in management. Work life balance becomes difficult at times. As a salaried employee, you find yourself working sometimes 50 hour work weeks.
Pros
Some really great people
Cons
Work life balance
i dont like it
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2017
Aspen is a ok place to work . the doctors are ok . the staff is ok. the patienets are really sweet and that is the reason why I stayed as long as I did.
fast with patients going in and out
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 14, 2017
-pull case files, bring patient to a chair, proceed with treatment, make next appointment, repeat
-generally learn more computer work
-management could be more efficient
-workplace is generally dealing with dentures
-making sure every patient is happy knowing they received the work they needed
-making a patient happy and confident with their smile
Pros
hour long break, located in a convenient area
Cons
benefits, overall management
Poor
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 13, 2017
Do not expect to be valued as an employee/person. I had missed two days due to medical issues (and have paperwork to show for it) and was fired because Aspen "has a standard" and it "is inexcusable" to not show up.
Benefits
Cons
Values, poor training, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9