Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental Employer Reviews

Terrible place to work or get treatment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Appleton WIOctober 11, 2014
Cons: low pay, poor benefits, dishonest unethical doctor
Was operations manager for many years. I worked very hard to change the culture. Dentists were inexperienced, lazy and unethical. Doctors lacked the skill to provide proper treatment. Doctors placed in office right out of dental school. Mine worked years unsupervised providing less than quality care. Stressful for employees to see patients getting poor quality of care. Upper management not qualified to run a business nor did they understand health care. Expectation that office managers should do anything to get patients to accept treatment including misleading patients with long term loans w/o disclosing high high interest rates. If doctors didnt like the patient, patient would be given expensive treatment that they couldnt afford, or would recommend just pulling all teeth or would refuse to treat them and refer them to expensive specialist. WORST PLACE TO WORK OR GET TREATMENT.
dishonest company values
dental assistant (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 10, 2014
Cons: short/no break, likes to pass the buck
A typical day was very confusing. The Doctors are either lazy and sloppy or rushed and incompetent. The people in charge would rather collect money on neglectful dentistry then listen to constructive applications that would not only turn a profit but will be more efficient simply because it came out of the assistants mouth. They command the assistants to due things they have not been properly trained in like adjusting permanent dental appliances, adjust/ remove fixed crown and bridge work. Public stereotyping and shaming from superiors to assistants in the presence of patients. Not providing the patience with the care they need, just looking to turn a profit.
Fun and heart-warming place to work.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2014
The patients have converted my great interpersonal skills to extremely great.
underappreciative corporate
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Indiana, PAOctober 6, 2014
There were only 2 assistants to open a brand new fast paced office. there was a lot of OT in the beginning and being overworked for not very good wages. The benefits are not worth it no one got them. Management was rude.
Ability for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: paid travel, 401k, healthcare, other benefits
Friendly work environment and culture. A typical work day consist of;scheduling (multiple doctor and specialist office), insurance verification, organizing team, finances, sales, handling multiple phone lines, hiring/firing, understanding treatment plans, dental terminology, customer care and end of day duties. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers and having a regional that pushed for me to move up with in the company. Here I moved up from front end staff to assistant manager within a year.
Be Careful
RDH (Former Employee), MidwestSeptember 28, 2014
I worked for Aspen for many years and regret it for the most part. Yes, you will get experience and you will have a job but you have to be careful that you don't get fired because you don't produce like they want or when you are ready to leave that you have a hard time finding a job because some dentist don't like to hire ex-Aspen employees. The management sucks and does nothing but lie to everyone about everything. It's hard to pinpoint where the lies come from or how they start but all you can do is deal with your manager. They should only hire clinical people to run the offices not ex-car salesman.
good company... they mean well
employee (Former Employee), Troy, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Success will all depend on what DDS and office manager are at your location.
Treat Employees as Disposable
Practice Administrator (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: low pay, long hours, unattainable goals
As an office manager for 3 years, I can tell you this company is NOT somewhere you want to work! The regional manager was verbally abusive. The doctor cared more about making money than the patients who came in. I was let go because I refused to compromise my integrity by selling their inflated treatment plans to people with no money.
Would not recommend.
Practice Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
I disliked working for Aspen Dental. I felt the company but financial gain over good patient care.
Great team with great patients
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 13, 2014
Pros: helping people, my coworkers
Cons: hours and wage
Sterilization, procedures, radiographs and scheduling are a regular part of my day. My co-workers are great team players.The best part of my job is helping a patient feel better about their smiles therefore better about themselves.
fun place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Holland, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: nice lunches
Cons: its too busy with the walks ins they do
its a fun place but to busy needs better mangment its to busy with the walk ins they do all day everyday.
Over all great company to work for
RDA/PSR (Former Employee), TexasAugust 12, 2014
Over all all the offices have the patients in mind with every decision. The doctors in the offices i worked for are very knowledgeable.
Great environment!
o Assistant Office Manager/Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee), Bristol, TNAugust 4, 2014
It was a very fast pasted office providing us ample opportunity to provide the best healthcare possible to our patients in need.
constant intensity
Dept. Mgr (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2014
Pros: reasonable pay with a clean and newer lab
Cons: unbelievably short turn around
I always started my position ahead of time each day. Sometimes missing lunches and breaks to complete the work. I learned how to use my time more efficiently without losing quality. I am a good manager and prefer using a soothing style of management and not a overbearing style. My co-workers respected my experience and knew they could depend on me to do my best. The most difficult part of the job is that Aspen valued speed over quality. The most enjoyable part of the job will always be providing a quality product for
the patients. I was fortunate to work with some very nice people.
overly corp
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 17, 2014
depends on the location and Dr.... Patient care does come first. its just the steps they take to make that happen that can be frustrating. Also they dont listen to what the patient wants
Office Manager, Patient Service Representative
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 15, 2014
Pros: having a good work/home balance.
Cons: dealing with conflict and non-paying patients.
Our day would begin with our daily morning huddles. The staff would discuss any schedule conflicts. After review of the schedule we would determine what needed to be done to ensure that all appointments were upheld without much delay.

The most important thing I've learned is that satisfied and returning patients determine the success of the entire business. A successful business creates an excellent workplace.

Management is great for support and I feel communication is highly important in order to maintain a successful practice.

Having reliable co-workers in a very busy environment helps everyone's job run smoothly.

The hardest part of the job is conflict resolution as this can easily escalate if not dealt with professionally.

The most enjoyable part of the job is establishing long term patients satisfied patients.
Worst place ever
Psr/Csc (Former Employee), Easley scJuly 11, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: everything else
I work with aspen for 2 yrs. the corporate part of aspen stunk. My reginal manager was bat $$$$ crazy. I loved my coworkers. The dentist's that rotated through our office produced shotty work. Filling where always falling out and needing to be redone. Last but not least the lab tech at our location was awfull. Remaking dentures up to 5 times and still did not fit properly. Good luck!
Great Company and good people working for them
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Owasso, OKJuly 8, 2014
All workers had positive attitudes and were always friendly. All the office managers for each location were very helpful and wanted to help each and every patient.
Was only an extern at this office.
Dental Assistant Extern (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZJuly 3, 2014
Great group of employees. Very Helpful in teaching me in all the ins and outs of the dental field during my extership at there office.
Great Staff
Head Dental Assistant (Former Employee), warwick riJune 22, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: long hours
Lead assistant for office. Reviewed day with staff. Organized assistants. Sat patients. set up and broke down rooms for procedures. Assisted doctor. Took x rays. Sterilized instruments. Worked in lab making models and making repairs on crown, bridges, implants, partials and dentures. Fabricated temporaries.
Hardest part of the job was the fast pace. It kept me busy, though.the staff was fun to work with and the management was very much a part of the flow with the business. We had many meetings to voice our opinions. I learned to be a leader. I feel I did a very good job. I have a great re pore there. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and seeing them happy. Also love to be creative, creating products for them.

About Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. We bring affordable, quality care to communities that need it. From – Read more

Aspen Dental Salaries