Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Great Employer for gaining experience
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJune 3, 2017
This is a great company to work for, for those straight out of school. Work here to gain experience years. Advancement opportunities are VERY limited and the office management is unorganized. This company has an incredibly high turn-over rate. There is no consistency in communication between management and staff. The dentists are typically knowledgeable and friendly and explain the treatment to the patients in a manner that is understandable. The technology used in the offices aren't the newest, but still fairly updated. Offices use a mostly digital system, with paper charts as well as digital charting. In house financing is a definite plus in order to help patients afford the care they need.
Pros
digital charting, updated equipment
Cons
poor management communication, limited growth opportunity
Externship for Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJune 2, 2017
I did not work for Apen Dental I just did my Externship there. Everyone was good to me No complaints. .................................................
Pros
busy
Stressful
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 1, 2017
There is no such thing has work life balance. You are strong armed by higher up management. If you are one to be okay with stressful daily goals and having to explain everything that falls off your schedule then this would be the job for you.
unprofessional
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2017
environment is unprofessional, upper management does not care about employees or the work environment in offices, work/life balance is not as good as they promise to you
Pros
don't work most weekends
Cons
unreliable upper management, does not care about employees, unprofessional work environment
job
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 30, 2017
great job. loved what I did. was able to meet new people and learn from their backgrounds. was able to make my own schedule which was nice with kids. great ppk
Clinical staff is great
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 29, 2017
This is a corporate dental office and there is a complete lack of communication throughout the whole organization. They hire unlicensed staff and staff with no dental knowledge and expect the office to produce as if everyone is trained to do their jobs. The lack of training really puts a damper on having days that are not chaotic. Computer system is slow and very complicated.
Pros
Cons
chaos daily
fun family oriented place to work
Office Manager and Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
The management really cares about their team.
We organize many free events to help patients recieve the care they deserve and need. Aspen has an excellent model and I am honored to be a part of this wonderful company.
Productive workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAMay 25, 2017
The dental team there was very efficient and made the flow of the office go smoothly. Everyone was very friendly. The Doctor there was amazing at everything he did and approached every treatment plan in the most efficient way possible.
Great learning experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 23, 2017
The best part about this job was the learning experience. I didn't know much about dentures by time I left I was an expert. I gained experience working as a team in a very fast paced job. The first denture patient we had was an older women. she hadn't had proper fitting teeth in a very long time. The tears of happiness came rolling down her face knew I at that moment I choose the perfect job.
Workplace enviorment.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 23, 2017
Working at Aspen is a very fast paste job, I help assist the doctor with procedures when needed, check patients in , seat new patients take x-rays and vital signs. I work closely with dentures and partials and the steps needed for a complete start to finish. Aspen has they're own computer system that I learned and understood within a week. Hardest part about working at aspen is maintaining a proper flow with new patients and overflow patients while not being properly staffed, or when I'm done with my portion of the appointment and I have to wait for management to get the patient to do theyre portion of the exam.
aspen dental
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMay 23, 2017
although aspen dental was a great employer, i was going through family issues which unfortunately interfered with my work and i wasnt able to keep my job there for very long.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
long days
Busy productive office
Dental Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 22, 2017
Aspen is a great place to work for those who enjoy a fast paced environment. They are equipped to provide patients with a variety of dental procedures with their spacious facility.
Not my favorite place to work
PSR (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 22, 2017
I thought I would give Aspen a try. Not a great place to work. They have alot of issues with the front loby area. They have a high turn over rate. The way they scheduled is not good for customers. The dental assistance are all fairly new but good. They had alot of problems finding good dentists. High turn over rate.
Pros
If you can get it, paid training.
Cons
Expected to work through breaks . Not a fun atmosphere. They do not work as a team.
Fun job environment.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 22, 2017
Fast paced office and fun staff. Staff will go out of their way to help you out. Learned about dental and many other front office procedures. Room for growth with the company.
Nice offices
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 18, 2017
Very fast paced office environment. Nice offices, some of the room set up could be improved and most of the offices change them slightly to doctor's preference. Good training and manuals to learn all you need to know. I can take an FMX in less than 10 minutes, with 1-no retakes, from my experience at Aspen Dental. Fun to help in the lab and see Dentures and partials come together.
Pros
very defined areas for finance and clinical professionals
Cons
A lot of push for production and piled up schedule
great office
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Payette, IDMay 8, 2017
great office, everyone was very friendly and it was a great team atmosphere. Dr was very nice and helpful and very patient oriented. Overall it was a great place to work
Fun Company, cares about the Employees
Sr. Regional Manager of Practice Development (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2017
The company as a whole is great, unfortunately when it comes to VP's and Directors of Operations thats where it gets a little tough. They tend to have their favorites and those that are not tend to be weeded out pretty quickly regardless of a good job you are doing and being told you are doing. They tend to twist things to their liking and gain an audience where they benefit.
Pros
Good Work life Balance
Cons
Upper Management having a cliqueish model
Dental Assisting Externship
DENTAL ASSISTANT EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 8, 2017
Fast paced office providing patients with optimal dental care. This setting was great for learning, due to the wide variety of procedures performed. New and updated office.
Eh
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTMay 7, 2017
Fast phase , exposure to many different procedures , friendly patients , depending on the office the doctors are nice but the downfall is lack of pay . No matter what they do not pay what your worth or give raises that are past 15 cents . Management is frequently replaced and you are as well
Nice people but management is disorganized
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 2, 2017
I would never work there again - cheap with only 5 days per year for vacation or sick time, not up to standards with pay scale and never a compliment - just point out what you do wrong.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
cheap

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9