Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHApril 9, 2016
Very Stressful Job
Oversee all employees
Make sure Patients are Satisfied
Answering phones, making appointments, seeing all the new patients while doing office manager duties managing budget, reviewing patient's charts and appointments.
Great new place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 4, 2016
Great place to start off in the dental field and to learn new things, the Dentists were amazing and very patient while teaching me new things.
A nightmare!
dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLMarch 27, 2016
Very stressfu! unprofessional! Bad pay! I have to say this place is something else. Schedules are hectic, They don't care what it takes as long as they reach their month! Patients are always being misinformed by front desk personal. Office managers don't care about anything but their bonuses!! They hire just about anyone!!. if you are not the dentist in this company then you are no one
Pros
Benefits, vacation time
Cons
bad management, bad pay, bad scheduling
I love it
PSR (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 23, 2016
I started workingfor Aspen about a month ago and I absolutely love it. My office manager is amazing, the DA's are helpful, the doctor is nice and we are all like a family. It's busy and the patients can drive you crazy but every day is a learning experience.
Productive and busy workplace with excellent benefits.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 23, 2016
I work in a very productive and busy office. There was always something to do if you had downtime and I was constantly learning new things everyday. I loved working with people and it made my day knowing I helped someone. The health benefits were very good.
High volume dental office
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 18, 2016
Aspen dental is a very high volume dental office. It is a stressful environment but a very rewarding job. I do believe more training would make the offices run much more smoothly.
unprofessional management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 14, 2016
unprofessional management.
negative work environment.
more concerned with money rather than patient care.
Heavy workload for just one person at the front desk.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Clinical staff, dentist, patients

Cons: All about money, upper management, hours

Management is terrible. Aspen likes to hire people with no dental experience and put them in charge of everything. Expect to get moderate amount of overtime every paycheck. I guess that could be a good or bad thing.. Besides the rare occasion you get a full lunch. good luck finding time to have a life outside of work. The clinical staff are awesome. Management and upper management however are all about the money and could care less about the patients and staff actually doing the work. A lot of promises that are never fulfilled. Pay is terrible. Staff overturn is ridiculous. Prepare to have at least one new staff member every couple months and about 80% of patients mad about things not in your control.
Pros
The hardworking Clinical staff & dentist, patients
Cons
All about money, upper management, hours
Not a good fit for me
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 11, 2016
Corporate dentistry is an awful business. From the outside looking in it looks like a great business plan, but the reality is a high pressure sales environment disguised as an Office Manager job. I spent about 10 minutes a day managing. The rest of the day was scheduling people, answering phones and selling dentures.

If you are truly looking for an Administrative Position DO NOT work at Aspen Dental. I gave it a year, but it just got worse as I went on so I started looking elsewhere.

As an aside, the DA's work terrible hours and are paid poorly as are the PSR's. Always understaffed. No wonder there is a 60% turnover rate for this job. Company is young. IF they don't learn to take care of their people, they will be successful, but not a company anyone looks to move to as a career move.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no work life balance, high sales pressure selling
Stay away from this place
Dental Assistant MJ (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 6, 2016
Unappreciated
Underpaid had to go to foodbank to feed kids even though I worked 40 hrs/wk
Work through lunch
Stay late
Stressed staff
Selfish upper mgmt
No christmas party ba hum bug
Did I say unappreciated
Mgmt herd patients like cattle
Dental assistants blamed for everything bad even though it is clearly the incompetent docs
Unappreciated
Make you feel inferior
Overworked staff
Did I say underpaid?
Unappreciated not even a simple thank you with a holiday party. Docs couldn't even put a holiday party together for staff...Gross
Thank god we live in america and aren't forced to work or be a patient here
Pros
Great Lab Techs and DA's
Cons
Waking up and having to be a part of that...peace!
Run Run Runnnnn!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  small town nyMarch 3, 2016
First off id like to say that getting up in the morning to go to this place was an everyday struggle! Watching older people come in and aspen putting both hands deeeeep down in their pockets for as much money they can get from them, its disgusting! The morning would consist of answering a rediculous amount of phone calls, checking 8 patients in every half hour, calling insurance companies and being on hold for sometimes 40 min+, all while trying to keep a "smile", go figure. Its always "how can we improve and do better?", no...its how much more money can we suck out of people. The doctor and employee turn over is insane and the pay is most likely why. The amount of stress is not worth it! Employee training is lacking, big time! Theres new people with little experience training new people with no experience. Many times I would leave work emotionally exhausted and sick that id have to return the next day. I could go on and on about this company but frankly its making me sick just thinking about it!
Pros
met some great co-workers
Cons
pretty much everything else
Busy place, and learned a lot in the beginning
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 17, 2016
When I started great place to work. Great Co-Workers and learned from everyone there. Management wasn't helpful in the end of my employment there. Most enjoyable part of the job was my Co-workers in the beginning, and I loved the patients. Talking with them and enjoying their stories. Love office work setting.
Pros
Co-Workers
Do not work here
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2016
Awesome Coworkers, Management turn over rate is insane, so communication and organization of office is outrageous. Constant illegal treatment plans being rendered in the Vero Beach location. Corporate company, they do not care about the patients only what type of insurance you have so they can tell EVERY patient you need a $2,000 crown or root canal.
Over worked, underpaid, unrealistic expectations
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 8, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 weeks and hated it! I was promised proper training when I was hired and it was a joke. My training took place at a location an hour away, where the clinic wasn't open due to no practicing Dentist. I wasn't compensated for mileage and the training was extremely minimal. Once I was moved to the location in Waukesha for which I was hired for, it was horrible. I was beaten down on a daily basis, treated poorly and disrespected, especially by the Dentist (Owner) of that practice. The pay was horrible for the expectations and responsibilities of the job and the support system was non existent. Some of the staff was nice, but the majority of them weren't. Extremely stressful and unhealthy environment and the way the Dentist(Owner) talked about her patients behind their backs was a disgrace. There was no way I wanted to be associated with such a poorly run and unprofessional business! I would never refer anyone to Aspen Dental, as an employee or patient!!!
Pros
Leaving at the end of your shift.
Cons
Walking in to start your shift.
Bullying
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 31, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Aspen, but what I didn't like was being bullied by the lead DA. When brought to the attention of the office manager nothing was done. When I kept bringing up to the office manager I was told that I was not a team player. The lead DA there is a bully and if you don't do as she likes then she makes your life there heck. If I was scheduled to work 8-5, I would get a 10 minute lunch and work until 6 or 7, but all other DA's would get a full lunch and got to leave on time. Each Aspen is privately owned by a dentist and the dentist that owns Benton Harbor Aspen didn't even ask me for my side of the story. Poor management and leadership.
Pros
Great Drs.
Cons
Lead DA
Great Opportunity
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 31, 2016
Aspen Dental is the dental office that offers dreams. You are able to grow with the company and advance in position. The staff are nice and the environment is welcoming. Great place to work.
Pros
Great Benefit
Cons
Need more Advance.
Nice place for people new to dentistry
Dental Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 29, 2016
Aspen dental gave me the opportunity to gain experience in dentistry when I was fresh out of school. The benefits were great!
Pros
Benefits, room for advancement.
Cons
Professionalism, hourly pay not so great.
Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Good and learned a lot, good atmosphere to work, good staff, good learning experience, good patients, very challenging, fast phased environment
Busy
Chair-side assistant in dental, radiology (Former Employee) –  South Lebanon, OHJanuary 16, 2016
The CEO of Aspen has a wonderful concept to help patients get the help they need. He has a compassion to make every one happy with the dental work they receive.
Busy place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 11, 2016
This job has very busy and everyday is a learning experience. I love my coworkers and hate that I have to leave them. The hardest and greatest part of the job are the people you interact with, with every great patient, there will be a not so great one to follow.

2.9