Well Tester/Lease Operator
Aspen Operating Company – Iraan/McCamey, TX
The Well Tester/Lease Operator monitors production batteries, producing and injection wells, tests wells and shoots fluid levels in assigned areas. Works to optimize production in a safe, cost-effective manner with engineer staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation of wells and production equipment to maintain designated operating conditions.
- Surveillance of automated production operations.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of production equipment.
- Shutdown and startup of equipment (pumps, facilities, equipment, etc.).
- Daily rounds and monitoring of facilities to identify operational problems including automated systems.
- Daily monitoring of wells, testing, optimization, and well actions for production efficiencies
- Lockout and Tag-out duties for maintenance work.
- Interaction with contract personnel.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
- Provide oral and written communication of activities to appropriate personnel.
- Operate company vehicles during daily activities.
- Working knowledge of shooting fluid levels with an echo meter.
- Monitor and review daily oil and gas production and water injection rates.
- Complete and submit daily/monthly production reports for new wells and existing wells.
- Evaluate problem wells, discuss enhancements and carry out enhancement.
- Implement new technologies.
- Ensure Regulatory requirements are maintained and completed.
- Design and operate locations, lease roads, and equipment at or above established standards.
- Review, correct, sign and process field invoices.
- Maintain a safe and environmentally friendly work place for staff and contractors.
- Attend and assist in all safety meetings.
- Perform duties in accordance with all Company policies and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years related oil field experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of working with SCADA systems in field operations.
- Experience in working with fields producing in excess of 75K BWPD, H2S, ESP’s, rod pumps and water injection wells.
- Ability to understand gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures applicable to state and federal regulatory requirements at all times.
- Six month new hire probationary period, including safety initiatives.
- Random drug screening.
- Requires working a 12 hr rotating shift schedule. (night and or day shift)
- May include call-out in some circumstances.
- On-call answering SCADA alarms.
- Tasks are performed in all weather conditions, in daylight & darkness.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, ascend/descend stairs or ladders, use hand tools, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Production vessels and piping systems contain H2S and hydrocarbon gases which are flammable and may be explosive under certain circumstances.
- Travel and field work where the company has active operations, which include:
- Tasks are performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions in daylight & darkness
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, ascend/descend stairs or ladders, use hand tools, reach with hands and arms.
- Wells, production vessels, and piping systems may contain CO2, H2S, and/or hydrocarbon gases which require PPE and may be flammable and/or explosive under certain circumstances.