Aspen Skiing Company Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever
Chairlift Operator/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COJune 30, 2017
Got a snowmobile ride up the mountain every morning, got to play in the snow, and interact with happy people all day, co-workers & customers. Management had their act together, and were a pleasure to work for. Best work culture I have ever been apart of, Real Honest Work Hard - Play Hard attitude. Compensation left a lot to be desired, but everything else made up for it. So many great things about this job, the location, the weather, but most of all, the people.
Pros
Steep Deep Pow
Cons
Compensation and Benefits
Was very good my time working with that company but I had to move
Supervisor de housekeeping (Former Employee) –  The little NELL hotelJune 18, 2017
Tratan bien a sus empleados y no tienen diferencias between enybady they have a good benefits y valoran a su personal y su trabajo que desempeñan .
Pros
No hay días festivos pagados sólo días personales
Cons
With my posocition same times was take 30 minutes brake and sometimes not
fun place to work, varies from department to department
Lift Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 25, 2017
Each department has different management, so it will vary from department to department. I was in lift maintenance. I had a good time working there. No shortage of great views from any of the mountains!
Pros
3 day weekend in my particular job
Cons
hard to get a raise
good employees, fun enviornment
Custodian/night Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 27, 2017
great seasonal job for the experience. didn't learn anything I didn't already know. the best part of the job was the schedule and the ski pass, and the appreciation of co-workers.
SkiCo is awesome!
Private Lessons Desk (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COFebruary 25, 2017
So fun, so fun, so fun! My coordinator and managers were amazing and I always felt appreciated. The job was diverse and engaging and I have met my two closest friends while working there. There is a strong emphasis put on the environment and they have both environmental and a social foundations.
Pros
Fun and good friends
Cons
Very few year-round jobs and very few ways to advance
Amazing
Sales and Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COFebruary 18, 2017
Love Aspen Skiing! This is a great company that cares about employees. Working on the mountains reminds me of why I live here! So beautiful!
Pros
Ski Breaks
good enviroment
Product sales and services (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COFebruary 2, 2017
I like working with the guest and my coworkers, I have learnt to provide an excellent guest service with respect.They are always teaching us and giving the necessary training that we need in order to have a better performance every day
Unprofessional, lacking integrity and sense of ethics
General Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little NellJanuary 10, 2017
I worked in the accounting department handling cash at the Little Nell. From day one, management demonstrated a lack professionalism. I was constantly being asked to do things with cash against the GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) such as cashing employees' paychecks from the company safe.

It became increasingly uncomfortable after asking for a pay raise and being told "We don't give merit-based raises here, it's our philosophy as a company." Interestingly, I had been told the opposite when I was hired on. I later found out that Skico does, in fact, give merit raises and that a round of raises had just happened. I resigned at this point.

Their "affordable" health insurance plan will put you out of pocket over $200/month for an individual. Their argument for paying low wages is that you get a free ski pass and two weeks vacation a year (only for full time year-round employees). So, if you value cash compensation, a professional work environment, honesty/integrity, and opportunities to increase your pay, don't even think about working here. One senior manager described the company to me as a "free-for-all" and I couldn't agree more!
Pros
free ski pass
Cons
low pay, expensive health insurance, unprofessional free-for-all management culture, depressing work environment/basement office spaces, lack of integrity and ethics
Seasonal Position with a popular local company
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Aspen, CODecember 30, 2016
Great seasonal opportunity in the local area. Our work days were very bust selling lift tickets and several ski related packages to guests coming to a primary sales location.
Fun and rewarding career teaching children and adults snowboarding
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, CONovember 3, 2016
One of the prettiest places Ive ever been. An outdoorsmans paradise. Always new places to explore with people from all over the world.
Pros
Very healthy lifestyle
Cons
Work can be dependent on weather.
good work environment; poor compensation
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  CONovember 20, 2015
My four seasons with the ASC has largely been a positive experience.
Compensation is low but ski pass helps with justifying the job.
Co-workers are excellent.
Pros
ski pass
Cons
pay low
Fun and unique workplace.
Ticket Sales/Gate Monitor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, CONovember 3, 2015
Fun work environment. All about having a good time while being safe. Work hours can be rough, since open 7 days a week. Inconsistent weather greatly impacts what kind of day you will have if scheduled to work outside.
Pros
Free ski pass.
Cons
Bad weather
Great place to work!
Cook III/Steward/Busser (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COSeptember 8, 2015
Employees are laid back and easy to get along with. Management is well organized and they treat everybody with respect. Benefits are good, especially the ski pass.
Pros
Employee meals, ski pass, continued employment and advancement
Fun and productive workplace
Ticket Seller/Gate Monitor (Current Employee) –  Snowmass COFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day includes clocking in and getting the computer ready for customer transactions throughout the day. Management teams encourage everyone to perform their best, all with a smile on their faces.
Very exciting place to work
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 27, 2014
Awesome atmosphere and the bosses are always helpful. Won't find a better setting for employment.
Can't get much better than working with a ski company in Aspen
Ambassador Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 19, 2014
Managing 140 volunteers is like herding cats. They need to be self-stating, independent, outgoing. But that can make them also a bit difficult to direct. Still, I enjoyed all the disparate personalities. And being on the mountains every day, getting paid to ski - can't argue with that!
Taught Skiing in Aspen CO
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 6, 2014
This is the greatest job I have ever had. I would love to do it year -round.
Pros
Skiing all day
Cons
Seasonal
Pretty terrific
Market Research Surveyor at Aspen Highlands (Current Employee) –  Aspen, CODecember 29, 2013
Being on top of Highlands talking with people who are so happy to be there is the most fun - pretty terrific way to work. The company is dedicated to excellent guest service and employee orientation and training. Co-workers are the Ambassadors who couldn't be nicer to work with. The hardest part of the job is being there when it snows and snows and snows - but the next day is always more beautiful.
Pros
Ski pass! And being in a gorgeous setting.
Cons
Sometimes it's really cold.
Good Co. with good benefits
Master Level Skilled Trades Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Snowmass, COFebruary 21, 2013
Get to ride snowmobiles and ski free to work on the mountain. pay was above standard but just above. Management was lacking official standards.
An amazing company who provides the best work environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aspen, ColoradoJanuary 17, 2013
Aspen Skiing Company was an amazing company to work for. They cared about me as an individual and tough me a lot of what I know. They provide great work environment and always balanced my personal life. I only left them because I moved to Michigan.