ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

not a productive company to work for
Landscaper/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Georgia Estates, SCNovember 29, 2016
not organized and you never know if you will have your job long or not. you are promised things and it does not happen. it is not a great company to work for they are all about themselves
Pros
pay was good but the people you work with were not great
Cons
training was horrible and you were told one thing and it never happened
Great Employer, Wonderful Culture
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 18, 2016
I could not say enough great things about Aspen Square Management. It is a large company that has been able to maintain a "Mom-and-Pop" feel. You can reach anyone from the president of the company, to someone in the IT department at any time.

They have a wonderful training department that has created a great program to teach you everything you need to know about property management, even if you are green to the industry.

Aspen really supports their employees and stands behind them at all times. If you work hard and prove yourself, they will will recognize it and compensate you. I have worked for other companies in the past, and there is no other property management company out there like Aspen.
Pros
Great culture, wonderful employees, great benefits
Amazing Place To Work!
Floating Leasing and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 18, 2016
I have been with the company for about 9 months and I have never been so excited to come to work as I am now with Aspen Square. Not many people can say they look forward to going to work each day, but I honestly can say that I do.

The company has an amazing training department, upper management, and staff that work together to help you go far in your career. I have had the opportunity to work at several properties in a couple of states and each day I am still learning something new.

The environment that Aspen Square creates is that of a family. They want to push and mold you to keep you growing and develop you to take the next step in your career.

The is truly the best place I have ever worked.
Hard working and fun environtment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 11, 2016
I worked for Aspen for 1 year as a maintenance technician in RI, my foreman was one of the greatest guys I have had the pleasure of working for. The regional and national bosses are great to work for. They made work worth going to and took care of their employees,
Pros
Great staff
strong company with growth opportunity in diverse markets
Senior Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  NationalJune 22, 2016
My position as a Start up Travel Manager gives me the opportunity to travel nationwide, meeting great people, and offers challenging and diverse assignments in a variety of markets. Over the past 22 years I have been fortunate to work in various positions in Aspen from a property manager, trainer, District and National supervisor as well as the position I have now. Aspen has a culture of nurturing and motivating their employees. Although the travel position can at times be stressful, it is also fun, challenging, and gives me the opportunity to meet some fantastic people, and travel to a variety of locations.
Pros
growth potential, travel, good benefit package
Love this Company
Web Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 21, 2016
I've been working for Aspen Square Management for over 4 years now. I can actually say that I love my job. I absolutely love the culture at Aspen Square. Everyone is here to help each other and upper management is always easy to reach.

My most favorite part about working here is feeling appreciated. Just the simple act of coming in and saying "keep up the good work" keeps me motivated and wanting to keep working hard. Feeling appreciated in a place of work is what's most important to me.

I also love the fact that no day is the same here. I always have different projects I'm working on and it keeps me going. Benefits are pretty good: Health & Dental Insurance, Paid holidays, vacation & sick time, flexible spending accounts, 401K retirement plan with employer match, and employee discounts. The only "con" i can come up with is the fact that you have to accrue your vacation time, but that is pretty standard now-a-days.

There are always new opportunities here at Aspen Square and I learn something new each day. The best part about the job is the people! We have some of the most talented individuals working here and we all learn from each other.
Pros
health & dental insurance, 401K with employer match, vc
Cons
have to accrue vacation time
Upper management is awful
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLMay 10, 2016
When I first started with this company everything was going great until they received a new upper management. He was married into his position and has no clue on how to do his job. All he is worried about is making more money and not the real answers to the problems. We had so many issues on our property and all he was worried about doing is raising the rents and not focusing on the real problems at the property. The clubhouse and gym have been unusable for an entire year, and they still do not have any progress on it, but rent still increased $150. Not worth it.
Pros
$100 off rent
Cons
Expensive health care
Was terminated for taking a break?
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 1, 2016
I was a property manager and I worked for them for about 9 months until i was let go for taking a break 1 day. I was actually still working too, went to get mini model stuff and put it together in a vacant unit and my boss supposedly called me in that time (less than 1 hr). I never received the message nor missed call on the office phone otherwise i would've called back. She has my cell phone did she bother calling that? NO! She said i was "ignoring her". I did hear from other employees shes totally delusional and cry baby when she doesn't get her way. Welp guess that's true!

They under paid me for the job I was doing (my property was condos & apts.) however, i over looked that because i was passionate about making a positive change to a property that was in the hole. I made the changes in a short period of time which i feel totally USED for. I feel they just hired me to make the positive changes so they can bring in a family or friend to take over now that its peaceful.

Totally taken back at this termination I have never experienced something like this before in my life! There was not even a verbal or written warning! I know they hired a new person which makes me believe you are nothing but a number to them unless you are apart of the "loop". Be careful when applying theirs favoritism. & if you don't mesh you get let go!
Pros
If meetings Free Lunch, Travel remibursement
Cons
Favoritism, Takes Advantage of the hard working, Bonuses are cheap
Great people to work with balances out the under compensation
Property Manager/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  western, maMarch 9, 2016
Although this is one of the largest property management companies in the country, they have an internal reputation for underpaying it's employees. Management IS awesome & very personable; they do make the job enjoyable. However, their salaries are not competitive which make it difficult to be here long term. At the property level, your shot at getting a promotion is someone else quitting.
Not as professional as most
Community manager III (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 8, 2016
I have worked for amazing companies like Aimco and Pinnacle ams and was not prepared for the archaic way that Aspen still performs their tasks. Four copy's of everything is still the norm. They have not moved forward with the times and are not electronically savvy.

In a world of paperless companies and soft phones they are still on typewriters and #2 pencils.

Not a good fit for me.
Pros
I met some nice people
Cons
so many
Aspen was a good company to work for they were like family and treated everone the same
Finish Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 24, 2016
going over work orders, scheduling out work for the day to employees. ordering supplies needed to finish work, going over work schedules with manager and writing up reports for work finished.
Pros
loved the traveling for them
Cons
bigger per diem for travelers
Great Place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 13, 2016
Great training, sets you up to win. Best property of all the local apartments near the houses. The community is very nice and so are the people who live there.
Pros
Cons
saturday shifts
Aspen Square Management
Property Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Love the team, management not so much. Rules not solid with processes. I'd rather work for a company and make less, but have more solidified rules.
great co-workers, great boss, old rotted buildings ( put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig)
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 9, 2015
Enjoyed most of the job. The worst was trying to upgrade these units with no boxes to tie in electrical (just wires through a hole). The wood under the vinyl siding is rotted everywhere ( could be structural problems). Some first floor units dryers vented into the electrical cabinet (major fire hazard). After all my experience in construction, I just couldn't remain here and possibly be blamed for future deaths knowing fingers will be pointed to the maintenance direction.
Pros
good pay, great people
Cons
destroying my pride and craftsmanship
Marketing Director Assistant
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2015
• In charge of producing presentations and reports for internal meetings as well as planning and coordinating external events to develop and/or promote cardiovascular line in assigned market area
• Schedule travel arrangements and coordinate logistic support to Marketing Director and 3 Jr. Executives
• Develop new relationships with physicians and vendors and manage existing ones
• Provide general administrative support to the Marketing Department (correspondence, phone calls, etc)
Inmates running the asylum
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 19, 2015
A typical day would be showing up and getting stated into projects and then being pulled off project to do something total different after having said project agreed to before we set up and started. Learned: was teamwork among the professionals, to stick together amongst the chaos and mayhem of management. Management: incompetent, untrained, unwilling to learn from the professionals that they hired. No time, labor, or material management training whatsoever, nor willing to accept it from those of us who did. Complained about productivity, while not accepting the fact the property was in such disrepair and the projects required longer to accomplish. The faster that we did the jobs, the more we were expected to do with unrealistic timeframes. Job security and advancement ? - a joke, broken promises. Safety? even a bigger joke. Its written in big letters across the back of the company t-shirts. Pushed by management to do projects so fast, that when push back came from professionals that you were told you could go home. Co-workers: one of the reason I stayed as long as I did. We had a great team assembled, just not allowed to do our jobs properly. Hired professionals to do a job, and then tried to get us to do everything backwards and upside down. Not willing to let us do the job right. Character, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Responsibility, Honor-traits I was raised and trained in, that still mean something to us professionals. Traits in my 25 years as a professional in the trades, this company lacks nor cares about pursuing or exhibiting. The employee is no longer an  more... asset, but a consumable to be used up and thrown away.  less
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
everything else
Great company to work for if you're looking to party
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 8, 2015
I was told ASM would be a great company to work for with plenty of room to grow. The only advancement I saw was the female property manager's using their "deposit" attire to convince some poor college boy to rent from them. I was told if I showed a little cleavage and wore heels I'd have no problem being successful.

Since I wasn't going to sleep with the residents or party on the weekends with the hot prospects I wasn't meant to succeed at ASM. It didn't matter that I did my job correctly. "Deposit" pants became "promotion" skirts.

If you are looking to make some money, see a bit of the country, and party then ASM is right for you. However, it won't help you five years down the road so unless you are willing to sell yourself out don't bother. Especially since they don't pay well at all for hitting pause on your life. Also don't expect them to give you a break on your rent. They'll nickel and dime you to fill one more apartment.
Pros
travel
Cons
everything else
tough manage management
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 4, 2015
every employee was a disposable part of the company. did not treat everyone with respect and often belittled people.most of the coworkers were great. hardest part of the job was doing carpet
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything else
Great environment
Accounts Receivables Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 29, 2015
Had daily, weekly and monthly duties. Learned how to balance multiple accounts, find differences when needed. Supported multiple apartment complexes regarding tenants balances and leasing, including getting accounts ready for move-ins and move-outs. Co-workers were great. At times, it was difficult to find the missing money to balance the books. It was a great work experience.
met good people
TRAVELING MAINTENANCE FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 8, 2015
national management only listens to district people. Hire people with little or no experience and expect those with the knowledge to pick up the slack. Lack of organization at the District level in the Northern Florida area.
Pros
benifits
Cons
long work hours, with little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7