ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT

ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT Employer Reviews

This company has it together!
Property Manager (Current Employee), Gulf Shores, ALMay 19, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, commission at the leasing level, great training and advancement training.
I think the bad reviews on this site could be that it just wasn't a fit for them. Just like any company, they have expected standards. All you need is to be friendly, smart, and a hard worker. I have not met anyone I didn't like. They definitely set you up for success!! Very smart company that knows what they are doing. Great co-workers, freedom to – more... express yourself opinions and solutions to do what you need to do on a daily basis. – less
Not everyone is as nice as you think
Leasing & Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: good pay, perks, meeting the cool people that work with the company
Cons: rude women, office politics, will let you go because of office politics with no warning
This company has lots of office politics, quick management turnover, bullying in the office.
Biggest Mistake!
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee), Pineville NCFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: they paid referral bonuses if you referred a new hire (always in need of new people, hmm)
Cons: benefits, bonuses (lack of), senior management and politics
The poor reviews on this sight are accurate. The majority of good/great reviews are mostly from current employees so keep in mind they are asked by senior management to rate the company.

The definition of MICROMANAGMENT. It was showcased as a great company but then all the cracks began to show; poor benefits, compensation, bonuses and poor upper management – more... relations. Politics is the key to longevity in this company, I was told I wasn't outgoing enough also (check a previous review of this company) but yet I have 7 years of Property Management experience prior to Aspen and have NEVER been told this. In addition, even if you're a manager you will be accountable as a leasing agent. You either meet their leasing quota or they will threaten to terminate you.

This is not the company to choose if you want a great or realistic experience in property management. – less
Great Place To Work
National Traveling Property Manager (Former Employee), naples, flJanuary 31, 2014
I learned time management and customer service skills

constantly changing environment

fun place to work
productive and a good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: every 5 weeks got 9 days off, and they would pay for a round trip tickets to where ever you wanted to go, or pay milliage if you decided to drive
Cons: i dont have any
Enjoyed the 8 years I put in with them traveled all over texas,georgia,flordia and colorado doing maintenance work and doing rehabs of apartments and offices very good company to work for.Got along great with all employees and they were good to work with
good company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta gaJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: low pay
great place to work good staff will go back if I move back to atlanta
Huge turnover in Gainesville and Tallahassee FL market
Property manager (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 20, 2013
Pros: not being hired
Cons: being hired
I don't understand why this company had such a huge turnover rate!!??? Obviously something is highly wrong in these 2 markets because they are ALWAYS looking for managers!! Obviously not a good place to work. Hiring managers are nasty too!!!
Exciting high pace work with travel.
Traveling Landscaper (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2013
Pros: free travel & hotel stays. interaction on personnel level with upper management
Cons: can be hard on family life
Traveling, designing, problem solving. Challenged to find and install major marketing product and appeal. Team effort leads to great satisfaction at the end of the day. Strenuous physical work in outdoor conditions. Able to be creative a lots of flexibility with time off. Great management support.
High stress and no time
Property Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: lots of free lunches and outings
Cons: no free time
A typical day involved running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Constant pressure to perform the impossible all while giving up your personal life. Always getting yelled at by residents, supervisors and other employees. I worked so hard to get everything done but to no avail.

I learned that you have to be multi-tasking(type A personality) – more... and have a thick skin. Although, I did learn a lot about managing a property such as payment processing, conflict/resolution, Asbestos, fair housing, etc.

Management was not supportive. They expect the world while you work on fumes. I was thrown into a managerial position for which I had very little training.

Most of the employees I met were very hard working but extremely snooty. – less
Great Company, Encouraging Management, Family Oriented
Community Manager (Current Employee), FloridaNovember 14, 2013
Pros: motivating, educational, tools for success handed to you
I really do enjoy working for Aspen Square Management. They are a family oriented company that truly cares about you as a person.

The company hands you the tools you need to succeed in this business and walk you through it until you are engrained in the "Aspen Way". Anything you need to reference is in a Company Manual, Leasing Training Tips, and a – more... Onesite Manual; which are all constantly updated and updates are distributed.

Daily I will go through all aspects of the Operations side of a Property Management position. I deal with anything Resident related, Oversee Leasing and their goals, Make sure all paperwork is submitted to our Home Office and double check that Maintenance is running smoothly. Luckily we have Maintenance Foreman who are on an equal level as the Manager and it takes most of that off of the Manager's plate.

My Managers are all very Thankful individuals and complimentary of the hard work we put in. They are encouraging in even our every day goals. I enjoy working with each and every one of them and couldn't ask for better Mentors and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is always the unpleasant Eviction, Collection, & Delinquency process. It will never go away forever, no matter who you work for. It just takes diligence and rapport with your Residents to make it a rare issue on your property.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the Resident Retention. Seeing the smiling faces come into the office, watching the renewals flow in, reading the stellar apartmentratings.com reports, etc. are what make my job as a Community Manager worth doing. Between the Residents' happiness and the encouragement we receive from our bosses, owners and peers, I would say those are the reasons why I feel that I have found my life time career. – less
Work a lot but no time for family
Carpenter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2013
Pros: they're very nice in beginning but..........
Cons: no breaks....work, work
Give, give, give but they (management) did not reciprocate.
Great Company To Work For and With
Property Manager (Former Employee), Ohio, South CarolinaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility, travel opportunities, good pay
Cons: few advancement opportunities if you don't want to travel
I thoroughly enjoyed my years with Aspen Square Management.
Aspen offers many opportunities for growth as they are frequently purchasing new properties to grow their portfolio across the country. Aspen has excellent training and guidance for the new staff members.
The hardest part of the job is balancing the budget, etc. while attempting to keep the – more... current residents happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know so many great people, both co-workers, higher-up's in the company and the residents.
I was blessed to be with Aspen for 5+ years and would recommend them to anyone looking for an excellent national Property Management Company. – less
Great company to work for
Traveling Manager (Current Employee), McAllen, TXOctober 23, 2013
Aspen Square Management is a great company to work for. There is room for growth and opportunity for advancement.
No a nice environment to work in...very unorganized!
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), Tomball, TXSeptember 19, 2013
Cons: compensation, unprofessional
The best part about this job was the lady who interviewed me. She was so nice and full of energy. However, when I got to the apartment complex I was going to work at, it was all down hill. I basically was the lackee. I didn't get to show apartments hardly ever! I was given the bad hours and job responsibilities. I had to clean the show apartments...never – more... help get them ready to show. The customers liked me and always made comments about how I always had a smile on my face and said good morning or afternoon. But in my review, the manager (who was totally unaware and unorganized) told me that she couldn't give me a raise because I wasn't outgoing enough. I put in my two weeks right then and there and fulfilled them. Let me put it this way, the manager was too worried about a nose piercing and getting it out of her nose, that she was in her office most of the morning. She took two people off their job to help her with her nose. She was very emotional too. It was not a professional environment to work in. – less
Realist goals. well organized approach to maintenance. staff was great
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Pawleys Island,SCAugust 29, 2013
Pros: management and staff, benefifs
Cons: compensation
This company buys distressed properties and flips them to profitable properties. Their approach to this is well thought out and organized. The management and staff are kind, considerate, and realistic. The properties come out attractive and productive
Great co-workers and environment
Sales and Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXMay 23, 2013
Enjoyed working for Aspen Square Management. Opportunities for advancement.
Very Bad Company for Growth
Information Technology (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAApril 10, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: healthcare, managers, building conditions
The best part of Aspen Management are some of the people that work there, they provide you the tools and training. Unfortunately this is as far as the company invest in you. They expect you to perform multiple job responsibilities without any rewards, communication between managers and departments is horrible. Everything you do is questioned regardless – more... if you are right or wrong, no trust. Management politics are horrible and if you speak your mind about doing the job the right way you will be fired for no reason. I have seen many individuals loose their jobs because of this behavior and would recommend people staying away from this company. Also, the benefits are the worse I have seen in my career. If you have a family please keep in mind that you may have to use seek medical benefits from other sources. – less
High turnover
Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2012
12 managers in 2 years at just one property...and similar high turnover rate in all of the others they own in the area. That speaks volumes!