ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Rewarding Place to Work!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 19, 2017
Each day working for Aspen can be full of curve balls and competitive goals but if you are willing to work hard, it is very rewarding. I started working for this company almost two years ago with no property management experience. They invested in my training and encouraged me with each step along the way. You do directly work with only a handful of people at a time so it can be difficult to branch out and work with different parts/people in the company but despite who you work for, your hard work will not go unnoticed.

Overall, I love this company and all of the opportunity that they have provided me. They do their best to accommodate different requests/lifestyles and always want to provide an enjoyable work environment. The best advice I could give is to keep working hard and it will be rewarded. If you invest into the company they will also invest into you!
Pros
People, Customer Service Focused, Compensation/Benefits
Cons
Different Seasons can result in longer work hours
I wouldn't recommend working here
Leasing & Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 18, 2017
Personally I wouldn't ever tell someone to come work here for multiple reasons. They pay you less then a majority of Real Estate Management companies do, they make you work unexpected insane hours, zero to no room for advancement, they could care less if the property manager's ever work.
Pros
Free food and alcohol often
Cons
Pay, hours, management, zero advancement
Decent place to start out
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 4, 2017
Aspen Square is a good company to start your career in Property Management with. Their pay is low compared to comparable companies, and sometimes it really seems like it's more about who you know and what you look like than your actual performance. They do a great job of letting the property managers run their property without stepping on their toes too much. There is a lot of nepotism in this company, which can be grating sometimes, but doesn't cause too many issues. I would recommend Aspen to anyone looking to get their foot in the door in the Property Management industry to gain experience.
Pros
Paid vacation and sick days
Cons
Low pay
Aspen Square isn't horrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Southern Downs in Statesboro, GA, through Aspen Square Management. I started in December 2015, and I enjoyed all of the maintenance guys I worked with. The women in the leasing office were somewhat friendly. I was recently laid of and that might have been the only con to working for Aspen. I never really felt like I had a secure position.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
Job security
Aspen square management was a great place to work
Traveling maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin Tx Atlanta Ga FlordiaSeptember 11, 2017
Aspen square management treated there employees with respect and they treated them very well was a very good place to work would go back to work for them again if something ever comeback up around theYexas region.
Pros
Very good place to work as a team
Cons
Some long hours but not really that bad
Good company
National Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Good company with many long time employees. They have a respectful work environment and a good work/life balance. A private company that takes care of their communities.
Great place to grow & develop a Career
Designer (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 12, 2017
I have been working full-time for Aspen Square for almost 6 years and prior to that had worked on a part-time basis as a leasing consultant while in school. Upon seeking a full-time position at Aspen, I was given the amazing opportunity to train in a completely different department that I was very interested but had little prior experience in. This opportunity was so invaluable to me in determining where my personal interests actually lie, and is a true example of Aspen's willingness to grant hard-working individuals the flexibility to determine where one's skills can be best utilized - for the benefit of the employee and for the company. I have since been given a leadership position in this department after continuing to strive over time. Aspen will push and challenge you to grow, but will also be the first company to reward and recognize strong work ethic, perseverance, and a team mentality in its employees. The people that I work with on a day-to-day basis are by far some of the most intelligent, creative, and innovative in this industry and it is easy to become a better individual by being surrounded by the amazing people that Aspen has cultivated in its team. The work is interesting and will constantly keep you on your toes as the industry and properties in the Aspen portfolio evolve, but the people you meet that become like family will keep you coming back day after day - wanting to do and be your best. The environment is very casual in the Corporate Office and for me personally this position provides a really unique balance of time spent in an office and time spent out  more... in the field visiting various properties throughout the country. I have learned and seen so much during my career here thus far and hope to continue to do so every day as I grow within this incredible company.  less
Pros
Great people, competitive benefits, innovative company, hard work rewarded, ability to see the country
Cons
some positions do require travel- for me this was a pro- but may not be for all
Very nice properties, great people to work with and general atmosphere
Traveling Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 20, 2017
Loved working here, I worked with great people and got lots of useful training and experience. I learned a lot about how to greet customers and set a welcoming atmosphere, how to present a space so that it is as appealing as possible, as well as other sales skills.
Aspen Square Mgmt
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2017
The benefits and pay packages offered at Aspen Square are second to none. Management is supportive, accessible and eager to ensure the success of all staff members
Great family to be a part of
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 16, 2017
Miss this team so much! I am struggling after the property sold to find anyone who compares to Aspen and my experience with them. Great benefits and pay is manageable with more once you stay for a bit! I was honored to move up with them but had to step back when there was nothing else available in Michigan. They are generous, kind, and I felt always had my back. Not every situstion was perfect but they always worked hard to help me understand and learn from anything that I could. Hope I get the chance to work for them and with them in the future!
Pros
Team, experience, motivation, benefits
Cons
Nothing else in MI, sale of property & lost benefits was rougher than expected
Great company to work for.
TRAVELING CONSTRUCTION FORMAN (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 22, 2017
In the time I have worked with ASPEN I have moved up in the company at a rapid pace. I have recived multiple raises. The bennifits are great. The people are that make the team are really family an are so caring a great to work for an with. it will be hard to compare them to any other company.
Pros
Benifits an job security.
Amazing Company to Work For
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 14, 2017
I was recruited for this position by a family friend who works for the company. I had no idea what a property manager entitled but I have had experience with Retail Management (6 years; Victoria's Secret and Express). I was offered the job as a Traveling Property Manager. I was excited for the job change, mainly for a better work life balance. Property Management and Retail Management are alike in some ways like customer service; but other than that they are completely different! I was trained very well and caught on fast. After 6 weeks of training I was offered the position as a Property Manager of my own Property. I was honored and excited. Since then I have done exceptionally well, 0% delinquent since I have been here (September 2016) and I continue to do very well with filling my apartments. I am so happy I took this opportunity with this company and see myself growing in my career.
Pros
Competitive Salary/Bonus, Work/Life Balance, Great Upper Management, Exceptional Training
Cons
No Cons
upper management can be very unclear
community manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 6, 2017
little collaboration with on-site staff, upper management expects unrealistic goals and questions you daily if they aren't met. starts out great, but if those unrealistic goals aren't met, you risk having you're job snatched out from under you without notice or explanation.
Productive and good place
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  OrlandoMay 17, 2017
It's a very good place , good environment, good bosses they treated me very well everything was great and I loved the job. If I was to get hired back I would go.
Blind leading the blind
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMay 16, 2017
Nepotism runs free in this company. Its terrible place to be if you actually want to succeed. Most decisions are made by those without adequate knowledge in related fields.
Productive fun workplace
Assistant Foreman (Current Employee) –  Naples flMay 12, 2017
High pace working. A get it done no matter what type atmosphere, while upholding great customer service. On call phone for emergency frequent. Great learning experience
Pros
Cash incentives
Cons
No breaks.
Over Promised, Under Delivered
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  AZMay 10, 2017
The district micromanages the managers, which intern leads to certain managers taking their frustration out on their staff. Negative behavior is constantly ignored or rewarded. Managers with great potential are often ignored while managers who treat their residents and staff terribly but cater to the district are rewarded. Chain of command makes it impossible to share any feedback with higher-ups. Very low pay is excused as "positive business practices."
Pros
Meet some great coworkers, some positions are able to travel
Cons
Unfullilled promises of advancement OR advancement which induces ZERO pay increase
Long Hours Bad Pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 8, 2017
Bad upper management. Cheap renovations. Poor service. All about making money for executives. They don't care about residents and they will encourage you to break the law if it benefits them.
Pros
Cons
Low pay.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield MassachussetesMarch 30, 2017
I was in charge of all daily operations on several properties at different times .I completed all service requests daily.Keept all grounds and common areas clean .I was in charge of 2 to 15 employees at any given time .I did all scheduling of outside vendors .Performed regular safety meetings .Also did all parts and supply ordering for properties I was on.
Pros
Excellent benefits and bonuses
Cons
Long hours cutting into personal life
Management from Hades
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 27, 2017
The worst company on earth to work for. Your job security depends on scamming tenants, providing bad customer service, and being a cut-throat to your co-workers. The pay is just average, and the benefits are nothing special.
Pros
No customer service goals
Cons
Toxic environment, unfriendly hierarchy, and unlikely advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8