Aspen Technology Employee Reviews

The managment team stinks
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJanuary 16, 2017
The Favoritism in the factory is bad, if they don't like you, you know it. Co-workers there are the best. Their raises don't come until you've been there a year and it's a set amount for everyone.
Pros
Hardly any overtime, 3 day weekends
Cons
Short breaks, management lies, raises are yearly
Productive and non stop constantly challenging
Team Lead Accounts Payable and Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 27, 2016
My career at Aspen Technology was a great experience, with learning things daily. As Team Lead of 6 accounts payable specialist, there were no dull moments. I really appreciated the fact that no 2 days were the same and my duties were multiple.
I seek a fast paced environment, with an opportunity to advance, if I choose to.
Pros
many benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Poor workplace safety and lwadership
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJuly 29, 2016
Aspen suffers from very poor workplace safety and employee oversight. Many were felons or had previous problems with the law and constantly drug addled/ drunk on the job. Management was extremely lacking in ability and care for workers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Job Culture Needs Improvement
Sr. Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 28, 2016
The culture is stuck in the stone ages. They have very difficult flexibility surrounding snow days, vacation, working from home, etc. Management does not seem to have your career growth as an interest. they seem to want to keep you in place rather than grow.
Good Company to Grow a Career
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 10, 2016
-a typical day involves critical thinking and being on your toes.
-great development out
-best part is the new location
Not what I expected...
Full Time Sr. Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 6, 2016
My interview and job description was everything I hoped for... too bad its not what I'm doing ... AT ALL. Very deceiving and unexpected situation. No interest in career development from my manager and the culture is just awful. Everyone is nice but the atmosphere isn't very positive.
Stable Company
Senior Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 18, 2016
A little tweeking needed with middle management but a stable company. Great benefits and allot of nice people. Some managers needs some management skills but with the CFO, I am hoping to see changes.
Friendly, fast paced and motivational.
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 4, 2015
Most factory jobs were a huge drag, I loved working for Aspen. working at Aspen made me feel like i was apart of a family only twelve hours out of the day. The co-workers make you feel welcome and comfortable right away.
Pros
Being able to converse and joke among employees.
Cons
No leaning.
thoroughly enjoyed working here
Program Management Professional (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 10, 2015
I have gained a great deal of experience while with AspenTech.

The management is very willing to allow for internal growth and opportunity. I have amassed a tall list of accomplishments in a short amount of time.

If you are hard-working and motivated, you will fit in well. The people are great and the Bedfor location is new.
Pros
New Building, Room to Grow
Great Company
Sales Operations Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Very flexible company to work for. Pay is decent. I like that there are work from home options. They have a fun committee that brings fun and joy. Great culture.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Not much diversity
Normal Tasks
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 8, 2014
My duties on a daily basis deal with trouble shooting electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and any mechanical issues that may arise.
Pros
Able to work on days.
Cons
Management could be ran better.
Nice Place to Start
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 24, 2014
Nice place to start with. Use some old technology. Management sucks while the benefit is good
Pros
Benefit
Extremely productive workplace
CONSULTANT- MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 19, 2014
Developed MATLAB programs to reflect laboratory testing.
Pros
Virtual Office
Decent place to start but not a place for a full career
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 31, 2014
The overall compensation and benefits are decent but on the low end for tech companies. Depending on what group/department you work in, you'll enjoy your coworkers and have a solid work/life balance. It's not a stressful place to work outside of R&D, and you have some say on initiatives and strategy.

The company is more so focused on making money than rewarding and retaining its employees. There is little opportunity for career growth in skills and promotions.

The culture isn't great, but it's on the way of turning around for the better. The new CEO seems to care more about employees and is focused on improving the culture.
Poor executive management team focused only on financial results
Director of Industry Marketing, Energy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2012
Executive management not supportive of subordinate teams. Hard drivers with little concern for employees. Do not want input from very capable people. All decisions, large and small, made from corporate offices.
Pros
adequate salaries and improved corporate financial results.
Cons
high pressure and lack of support from management