Aspen Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

started as good, ended as despised
Medical Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJune 15, 2017
Beginning of job a typical day was productive, enjoyable.
Ending of job was stressful and full of anxiety.
I learned that not everyone you work with is a confidant.
wolves in sheep's clothing comes to mind.
My direct management at first was very good.
It changed & still remained decent.
After the hiring of a consultant, things went south quickly.
hardest part - dealing with consultant & crooked CFO
most enjoyable - the Friday lunches - everyone took a turn bringing lunch - the camaraderie was nice
Pros
salary
Cons
consultants & CFO
Awesome place to work!
Clinical Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 28, 2017
Aspen Valley Hospital is an extremely unique employer. Besides the obvious environment and location it is located in (which is of course beautiful), this facility has a great group of people, a wonderful work philosophy, and a genuine concern of its employees' well-being. This was the first company I have ever worked for in which I looked forward to each day and felt like I was with family rather than coworkers.

Aspen Valley Hospital has high expectations of professionalism and skill, but is very clear on its goal for every employee to have a life outside of work. Although there were times in my employment which could be described as stressful or intense, these were during projects or around specific deadlines and were mild compared to other workplaces. During a typical day, I was encouraged to leave on-time and leave any non-urgent matters for the next day. Vacation time was granted generously and I rarely felt completely drained.

Perhaps the greatest aspect of my career at Aspen Valley Hospital is the fact that they gave me multiple opportunities to grow and mature in my skills and experience. Starting in an entry-level position, I left AVH with a Bachelor's of Science in IT and with an actual, marketable career which I can bring nearly anywhere. I am not confident that I would have received so much from any other location.

The bottom line is that, through investing in and caring about its employees, Aspen Valley Hospital creates a wonderful environment which provides wonderful opportunities to grow and share with the community. Although no workplace is perfect,
  more... I am honored to have had the opportunity to work at this location.  less
Pros
Professionalism; Upbeat, friendly staff; Excellent benefits programs; Employee Housing
Cons
Very expensive area; Small hospitals could limit your chances for growth, depending on what you want to be exposed to
hospital
Radiology Receptionist/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COFebruary 8, 2017
Awesome place to work, great people, fun vacationers and good cafeteria for employees to eat in. Got a ski pass and had fun ski days wit the employees.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COFebruary 1, 2017
This is a great place to work. Upper management has some issues that they are dealing with but made it difficult to get job done.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Upper Management has some issues
Great Place to work
Senior Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COJanuary 31, 2015
Great place to work, opportunities for advancement.Employees care about what they do and the cafe has amazing food.Thanks
fun, educational, great base while becoming a nurse
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COSeptember 26, 2014
I loved working at Aspen Valley Hospital. We mostly kept busy doing CNA work, but also got to start IV's which was great practice while I was in nursing school. I could not have wished for a better boss and a better staff to work with. Everyone is very friendly, welcoming, and willing to teach you as a new employee. I loves meeting new people. Patients were from all over the world who had come to ski in Aspen. I met some really great people and learned a lot.
Pros
staff, management, never understaffed, fun environment
Cons
Nights are challenging, sometimes has to be put on call
paranoid staff and incompetent executive team and HR Department
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COSeptember 10, 2014
Fun co-workers. crazy managers (literally). Hospital recently changed CEO's and that changed the culture and lots of inappropriate activity occurring out of the blue! Great Volunteers. Horrible communications.
Pros
high wages, good benefits, growing facility
Cons
Trust issues among managers and workers. No career growth.
Great learning experience
Insurance Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COFebruary 10, 2014
Hours, benefits were great. Very small office so we were all like family. Once they brought in an outside Consulting Firm to "overlook" the office, most of us lost our jobs.
Growth opportunity - Competitive Benefits Package -
Benefits Specialist & Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 22, 2013
Excellent work environment. Proactive and Professional Executive Team and Management.
Excellent Quality
PATIENT CARE UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COApril 18, 2013
Apsen Valley Hospital provides an employee excellent benefits and a positive, supportive work environment. The Roaring Fork Valley provides an individual with a quality of life that would be hard to find anywhere else.
Review
Admission Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 9, 2012
It was a very good place to work and the staff was very nice and we worked very well together. I had a staff of about 25 people on it. I did the schedule for them and pay roll. A typical day was to handle the customer that came to the hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5