Aspen of DC

Aspen of DC Employee Reviews

Prodcutive and fun place to work
Corporate Recruiter & Project Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2014
Oversee the Recruiting process

Positive enviroment. Always embracing new ideas.
Job placement
Personnel II (Current Employee), Atlanta, gaSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: very little communication
Good company, very little communication. Never had a review or very seldom communicated or than email. The Supervisor for my position was only available via email only on occasion would I get him on the phone. No real problem with that I just thought it was different.
Great company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (DC DMV) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 14, 2014
This is a really great temp agency to work for. They try very hard to find you higher paying assignments. They also help you work towards getting your clearances in the process. I highly recommend this team of professionals.
My FOIA Process
(Contractor)FOIA Paralegal (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: the cases are interesting, i letter something about different laws, policies and procedures of the agency and how they opporate.
Cons: this position has sharpen my comprehension skills.
A typical day at work is processing FOIA cases from cradle to grave.
How to apply different exemptions to a case being able to identify fugitives cases, asylum testimony, investigations from other agencies, etc.
* I manage to complete 10 cases a day and prepare them for signature from the government FOIA Officer.
* Some days depending on how many cases that have been closed I assist the admin with batching and closing cases both on the data base tracking system (FileMaker Pro) and mailing cover letters and redacted documents.
* The most challenging part of my job is researching (ICE) pacific procedure on applying exemptions. In the FOIA world exemptions are applied to a case according to the government's agency specificity. Once I understand how the agency thinks in terms of what important to withhold and what's ok to release my job is easier.
Non stressful working environment
New Entrant Contractor (Former Employee), Matteson, ILApril 22, 2013
Pros: working with the government
Cons: contract ended
I worked basically alone entering data into federal system. A typical day at work was coming in retrieving all messages, returning phone calls.

From this position I learned how important it is to pay attention to details.
Fun workplace within Department of Justice
PROGRAM/MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2013
Cons: heathcare exspensive, not compensation
The company is ok.
It's fun at DOJ..........................................................................................................................................................................................
Excellent company
Finance Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 5, 2012
Follow through on all staements made on interview were correct. Constant monthly updating on employees, new regulations and corporate news in a e-newsletter.
Enjoyable place to work, felt appreciated for all the things/projects that I did both large and small. Was rewarded often for excellent work.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 30, 2012
Pros: good work location, metro bus and train right there.
I love a challenge and because I had work for a while in the position I had become a expert in some phases of the position such as travel, time and attendance and the tracking of grants.
Poor management
Document Examiner (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 25, 2012
Work enviorment is terrible. People have to walk on egg shells, which then makes the work quality decrease due to individuals actions and how they speak to others.
Learned about DC Local Govt. facilities' standards
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2012
I learned how the local DC govt. works. I got a chance to see what was proper customer service.