Aspen Employee Reviews in United States

Temporary position
Reception - Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaJune 16, 2016
With this being a temporary position I didn't have the chance to feel like a part of the team. It would have been a great place to work.
Pros
The assignment was close to my home
Cons
The assignment didn't last longer
Fast enviornment
dental assitant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 11, 2016
The company is very busy and fast pace, We also do tons of denture steps as well as extractions,root canals,and crown's and bridge's. I've been with this company for over a year and i'm looking to branch out. I went to porter and chester, finished the school part with an A. When it came to the externship part I had to complete 300 hours, had only 80 left and missed a week. porter and chester wanted me to start all over with the hours, so I left. Still was able to find a job a few days later and have been working ever since. I am willing to get paid less just because of the circumstances. I also love what I do. Also will be taking my test to become certified.
Pros
dental insurance, hour lunch
Cons
medical insurnace
Productive and fun work place with many break rooms
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work would start out as a meeting then lead into showing the right placing for each person at a work station
Learned that a team is not only one person its many and no matter how small you make a big change in the work area

the hardest part of the job getting to know the work and how to manage the production line and the enjoyable part was getting to meet the company owner and many other cultures
Cons
a short break
Educate and Enthuse
Sommelier and wine steward (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 6, 2016
It is my quest in life to share my knowledge while serving them. I find that friendliness and happiness is contagious. I am passionate about being a professional contributor to my employer and to the customer.
Friendly Work Place
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2016
Working at The Aspen is a lovely place. It is a small company so you do not work with a huge corporation. Co-workers are friendly as well as the community manager
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Cheap pay
Productive, team players co-worker and very nice place to work and growth
Junior Help Desk Specialists (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2015
Very busy and friendly environment and co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace. You will learn a lot with the team of wonderful people, I work with daily.
Fun Work Place
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2015
I have learned a lot and experienced a lot at Aspen. I enjoyed working there with all the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was to make the employees happy by solving their issues with the server.
Has potential
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 1, 2015
You must b a self starter, quick on your toes, critical thinking skills must be top notch. Must be willing to go the extra mile at every turn in order to be successful.
To operated a heavy machine
machine operator (Former Employee) –  west virginiaOctober 4, 2015
I learned to operated a big machine like dozer, kidlouder and tractors
etc. inrrigation construction force. worked with pressure and worked safety,
under staffed
EFDA (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 17, 2015
I love the people I work with. I truly enjoy my patients. We are ALWAYS under staffed. I am only one person, not four. This is the only problem at this office.
productive and friendley enviorment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 21, 2015
a typical day would start with filing any leftover work from the day before. Then I will go into matching up vender numbers with the checks so they can aslo be filed. As i am doing this i am aslo scannimg and making copies of diffrent documents upon request by any of the staff. Then once all the vender numbers are matched up i file them in the correct file alphabetically.Closer to the end of the work day I stuff and stamp account payable checks to be mailed out. Management was ok I felt comfortable asking any questions and that resulted in a very productive working enviorment. I learnt a lot of diffrent terminology dealing with accounting and how billing worked. I was the only office clerk in the office at the time but the people were also very helpful and were always making sure everything was ok. The hardest part was making sure everything was done correctly and properly when it is time for the audit. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone was really nice and worked together to get things done on time.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Kept me working
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Good people to work for. Kept me working at locations that were
challenging and had good people there. Management was pleasant to work with. Hardest part was knowing it was a contract situation and it had to end eventually.
Pros
work was good
Cons
uncertain future
Contractor Positions
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 20, 2014
I rated job security low because these are contractor positions with a specific contract length. The job security has nothing to do with Aspen itself, it is the company you are working at that will determine if your contract is extended or terminated early.
Pros
good salary
Cons
contract work
Productive and family friendly
Collection Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 19, 2014
The typical day was at this place was one that changed every day. I had a great manager who had an open door policy and was fair.
Fun Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 30, 2014
Watch children when there kids are working out. It was fun because we got to play a lot of games with the children. I would of kept this job but had to move on to different jobs because of better pay.
Massage
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work, great hourly pay and wonderful clients. This business is no longer in business
It is very good company, in regards to work force management
Staffing IT coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 11, 2014
I like the working atmosphere, work relation and the job itself.
Being a volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  EllensburgFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day is different here, because this is a volunteer agency. When I am "working" it involves office/clerical work and crisis intervention on a 24 hour hotline.
Wonderful place to learn about various departments
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 17, 2014
My time at Aspen Systems (now a part of Lockheed Martin) taught me a lot about working together with different departments to create the overall success of a project. While working with so many creative employees, all working on conflicting deadlines at times, it forces one to work on your feet and come up with solutions fast. The management on the projects allowed for us to come up with ideas and come to them with suggestions of ideas to see what our thoughts were, making for a supportive environment.
productive fast pace
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2013
A lot of driving forklifts or clamp-trucks to keep paper rolls on the line ready to use, had friendly knowledgeable co-workers.
Pros
good job with friendly people
Cons
had to eat on the go, beacause my machine stayed in motion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2