Aspen

Aspen United States Employee Reviews

productive and friendley enviorment
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: helpful
Cons: short breaks
a typical day would start with filing any leftover work from the day before. Then I will go into matching up vender numbers with the checks so they can aslo be filed. As i am doing this i am aslo scannimg and making copies of diffrent documents upon request by any of the staff. Then once all the vender numbers are matched up i file them in the correct file alphabetically.Closer to the end of the work day I stuff and stamp account payable checks to be mailed out. Management was ok I felt comfortable asking any questions and that resulted in a very productive working enviorment. I learnt a lot of diffrent terminology dealing with accounting and how billing worked. I was the only office clerk in the office at the time but the people were also very helpful and were always making sure everything was ok. The hardest part was making sure everything was done correctly and properly when it is time for the audit. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone was really nice and worked together to get things done on time.
Kept me working
Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: work was good
Cons: uncertain future
Good people to work for. Kept me working at locations that were
challenging and had good people there. Management was pleasant to work with. Hardest part was knowing it was a contract situation and it had to end eventually.
Contractor Positions
Consultant (Current Employee), New JerseyDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: contract work
I rated job security low because these are contractor positions with a specific contract length. The job security has nothing to do with Aspen itself, it is the company you are working at that will determine if your contract is extended or terminated early.
Fun Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 30, 2014
Watch children when there kids are working out. It was fun because we got to play a lot of games with the children. I would of kept this job but had to move on to different jobs because of better pay.
Massage
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Overland Park KSMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work, great hourly pay and wonderful clients. This business is no longer in business
It is very good company, in regards to work force management
Staffing IT coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2014
I like the working atmosphere, work relation and the job itself.
Being a volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), EllensburgFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day is different here, because this is a volunteer agency. When I am "working" it involves office/clerical work and crisis intervention on a 24 hour hotline.
Wonderful place to learn about various departments
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 17, 2014
My time at Aspen Systems (now a part of Lockheed Martin) taught me a lot about working together with different departments to create the overall success of a project. While working with so many creative employees, all working on conflicting deadlines at times, it forces one to work on your feet and come up with solutions fast. The management on the projects allowed for us to come up with ideas and come to them with suggestions of ideas to see what our thoughts were, making for a supportive environment.
productive fast pace
Press Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2013
Pros: good job with friendly people
Cons: had to eat on the go, beacause my machine stayed in motion
A lot of driving forklifts or clamp-trucks to keep paper rolls on the line ready to use, had friendly knowledgeable co-workers.
I enjoyed working for them.
Non IT-Network Central Office Engineer (Former Employee), New York, New YorkOctober 1, 2013
Pros: pleasant co-workers
As a contract worker for The Aspen Group @ Verizon, the staff was always very pleasant and helpful every time I called them. The hardest part of the job, I didn't get pay for any holidays or vacation time, and no medical benefits.

However, my contract lasted 2 and 1/2 years, and would like to go work for them again
Temp
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2013
"Always be on time" was the motto. Some jobs a couple of weeks, others a couple of months. It was always important to leave behind a good impression.
An interesting introduction to corporate life
Reference Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: learning new skills, working with wonderful people
Cons: this job required me to use skills which are not my strongest.
At Aspen, I worked at a computer every day, I helped the public use Access ERIC in the mid 1990's. I learned so much at Aspen about working with computers, helping people learn to search the Access ERIC data base and access information educational clearing houses, or helping them to find the information they needed elsewhere. It was challenging to learn to work in an new environment but I had great colleagues and a really good management team.
Aspen Systems provides its clients with excellent results.
Editor/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 26, 2012
Pros: excelent working conditions and fellowship.
Cons: works on/by us gov't budget contracts.
I enjoyed my self working with Aspen Systems and would do it again if given the oppertunity. Aspen Systems and its employee are a good and productive group.
Yes, this was a fun job because of the knowledge i acquired
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2012
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: half hour lunch
Yes I enjoyed working at this job also, the knowledge that I had aquired was most interesting.
productive
PACKER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 12, 2012
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
the work was not hard but could get frustraring. the machines would backup and we would have to wait for repairs. i liked the pay and the workplace itself. management was not fair with employess and physical conditions.

Aspen Salaries