AspenPointe

AspenPointe Employee Reviews

Beware
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 21, 2016
You will be at work 9 hours a day, they will at every chance they get put more responsibility on you and never increase your pay, managers have nothing better to do than to make up other great ideas for you and let you know how you never did good enough. Pay is a joke by the way, don't expect even decent wages and there isn't any negotiating. Lastly, unless you're a licensed clinician, don't expect any advancement. They only move up clinical staff and Noone else.
Be weary of any position associated with DHS
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 22, 2016
I interned here as well and the internship experience was awesome with lots of supervision and support. However, employment with the DHS AspenPointe has been very disappointing. Lots of burned out individuals who hate clientele. I have received virtually no supervision and what I have received has been condescending and rude. There has been no support and no supervision. Treatment by staff has been borderline bullying.
Pros
Experience.
Cons
Work very hard under very stressful conditions with little pay.
very click-ish.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 11, 2016
had a bad experience working for this company, never really received proper training but was told I was not learning properly and couldn't handle the job. Terrible company.
difficult
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
This company has great benefits, but a lot of favoritism and gossip. I personally would not work for this company again. Management team did not stand behind me when i tried to move up.
Toxic Management
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 20, 2014
Rapid turnover in job positions- very rigid upper management-clear message is to stay in line, don't ask questions-promotes fear based work environment There are some great people working there, but management is toxic
Pros
The patients are awesome people with many needs
Cons
Underlying politics are always present
This job was a fun place to work at.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 3, 2015
This was a busy job with clients, staff, and vendors going in and out of the office. Some times it was hard to tell the staff from the clients, so that kept me on my toes. Since our building was the main office, staff would come for meetings, pick up packages, ect.

I liked my job, because I worked around people that cared for me as a person and not just another ole worker. My co-workers were easy to get along with and so was administrative.

The 401K plan kept me working hard, so I could plan for retirement!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot of changes in company procedures
Job was stressful working with intellectual disabled personnel with NO training.
Furniture and Assembly Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 1, 2015
Schedule crew, make sure they have what they need for the day of work at PAFB.
Learned a lot about working with disabled people, not easy.
Management was not good.
My co-workers were ok.
Hardest part of job was wanting to build a bigger crew but had handicap personnel.
Most enjoyable part was having my own company vehicle.
Pros
Company vehicle and pay.
Cons
Working with handicap and no training.
Fun, exciting, innovation
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 4, 2015
Great environment to exercise creativity and innovate. Fun-loving staff members with a very comfortable work environment. Great place to have been a part of.
Management is very conscientious and willing to provide recognition for good work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 25, 2015
My typical workday includes meeting with two separate types of clients. My caseload consisted of either clients who required acute attention for whom I would connect them with needed resources in the community in order to remove obstacles that prevent them from getting the most out of their therapy (housing, healthcare, utility/rent assistance, food assistance,etc.). The second type of client on my caseload is clients who have already met their therapeutic goals or are otherwise inappropriate for therapy, but are not stable enough to discontinue services altogether. For these clients, I perform monthly "check ins" to monitor stability, teach and reinforce coping skills, and ensure they continue to receive the appropriate level of care. I also act as the Crisis Case Manager meaning if there is a client in crisis in the building I am called to assess, deescalate if possible, and proceed with appropriate protocol (complete an involuntary M1 hold, call an ambulance, complete a safety plan, etc.). My favorite part of my job is changing lives on a daily basis and witnessing the transformation from devastation to hope in their faces. The hardest part of my job is the clients who are unwilling or not in a place to work towards recovery.
Pros
My company is very family oriented, understanding, and employee centered.
Cons
High turnover rate because of the difficulty of clientele's demographc
Professional and Friendly environment
Service Center Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lehman DrJune 8, 2014
Good Place to work at. Good place for growth if you're looking for a company at long-term. Friendly staff.
Pros
1-hr lunches, great benefits.
Cons
Small break rooms.

Want to know more about AspenPointe?

Ask a question
A great place to work at, caring work-family
Service Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lehman DrMay 1, 2015
Being that they specialize in Mental health and other community programs, AP care about their employees. Everyone there is always willing to help or guide you in the right direction. Everyone works great as a team regardless of their different responsibilities.
Pros
Great lunches from AspenPointe Cafe. 1hr lunches
Cons
...
Fast pace environment, Low management input.
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2013
constantly moving cause you have only 4 hours to get the cleaning done with a crew of 3 people.
fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2012
You learn a lot about mental health and sometimes deal with clients who are suicidal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AspenPointe. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8