AspiraNet Employee Reviews

Work feels like family
Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 16, 2017
I love my job and my co-workers are a joy to be around. I feel that management is open to suggestions and puts clients needs first. We value the whole team, which helps to build trust between everyone on your case. I feel very supported by the social workers that I have the privilege of working with and am always so honored by how much effort they put in to express how much they truly care for support counselors...the families that we work with can be a lot at times and I think they understand that! We work the foster youth, youth on probation, and youth with mental health needs, if that is not your thing then this may not be for you. Everyone here really works and does their best to see clients succeed, which is so awesome. I like that I get to be really creative with interventions when I work with clients. Also, there are committees that Aspiranet has such as the Fun Committee and Birthday Committee which helps to build rapport between coworkers and adds some fun to the office environment. We also have socials and yearly events that allow staff to come together. I don't know if office culture in other counties is different or not, but in the Bakersfield offices, it really feels supportive and comforting to work with others who have your back.
Pros
Work environment is positive, coworkers are very supportive, and truly care about the work they do
Cons
lower than average mileage reimbursement
Review
In Home Intervention Specialist/ABA Therapy (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working with my clients and interacting with the families. A typical workday generally consisted of one to two clients, as I was part time.
Not the best job to work at
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 7, 2017
Administration does not really care about employees, the residents get to do whatever they want without getting terminated, hardly any consequences handed out, most (not all) coworkers aren't realiable and usually talk about you behind your back, the pay sucks, if you are not a "favorite" you will not go far within company.
Pros
Gaining experience working with juveniles
Cons
The pay is bad, not the greatest place to work
Great entry-level experience, but poor management and negative work culture.
Home study writer (Former Employee) –  SalinasApril 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with at-risk youth and helping foster-adoptive parents grow and fulfill their dreams of completing their family. Caseloads can be high depending on the number of referrals from CWS, and the nature of children being placed in foster care can be emotionally draining, however it is definitely very rewarding if you are able to handle all that. Major cons of Aspiranet include negative work environment with rude coworkers, favoritism with management, poor upper management, very low pay, no job advancements, no clinical supervision for MFT-I's or ASW's, high staff turn over, and poor work-life balance. Overall if you are an entry-level social worker or psychology grad, it's a good place to start but almost everyone leaves within 6-12 months to move onto better paying jobs with better advancement opportunities. During the interview I would highly suggest you asking them how many workers are currently employed at their branch office and how long they have been there.
Pros
Rewarding job working with children and families
Cons
Poor upper management, low pay, negative work environment
A great and supportive learning environment for social services.
Support Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 1, 2017
This is one of the most supportive environments I have ever worked in. The staff is friendly, supportive, and encouraging.
Pros
Birthday holiday
Cons
Too much documentation and high expectations.
Good work if you have the heart.
Youth Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Lots of transit if your in this field and the managers don't put a lot of stock in employees staying for long. It is social work, so be prepared, however I didn't feel like I was part of a work community and was easily replaced.
Gained a lot of experience
Therapeutic Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 11, 2017
I started my career in this field and gained a lot of experience within the agency. The agency was supportive and helped me further my school by offering me an internship and supervision.
Skip It
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Honestly, this nonprofit should be all about the kids that you're helping but the management here does like to have a tight control on everything. The pay isn't great and the leadership is stressed and overstretched.
Pros
Helping Kids
Cons
Micromanagement
Look elsewhere, benefits do not outweigh the costs
Life Coach III (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 28, 2017
So many cons, I do not know where to begin...
-Poor management/supervision with little to no support
-Employees reprimanded in front of coworkers and clients
-Prepare to be written up and/or coached often, and receive little to no positive feedback for your hard work
-Your opinions and concerns are not important
-Vacation is accrued, though not approved when requested, so prepare to use sick time for everything and when you call in sick, plan to be bothered by constant work related calls/issues
-Seniority privileges do not exist
-Work/Personal life balance does not exist as this job will deplete you
Technology is very poor, had to use my personal cell to assist in uploads of pictures/docs
-Treatment to employees by higher ups, clients and county partners is extremely poor as employees are very unsupported
-Complaints within are not addressed appropriately as mistreatment by clients is overlooked

--Perks were the benefits, safety and awesome coworkers (at same level)

Again, I suggest you look elsewhere, especially if you have a life, a family and your sanity matters.
Pros
Benefits, safety, coworkers (only at same level)
Cons
Poor management/supervision, poor technology, concerns and issues overlooked, reprimanded in front of clients and staff, vacation time not approved so had to use sick time for everything, work and personal balance does not exist, expected to take of work situations while off the clock without receiving overtime, etc, etc, etc
Amazing Group and Innovative place to work
Housing Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 27, 2017
This organization is a growing agency and is always up for new ideas, changes and growth opportunities. If you want to work for a company where your ideas and opinions matter this is the agency to work for

Want to know more about AspiraNet?

Ask a question
Doesnt take care of employees
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 4, 2016
Your first guaranteed raise is after 3 years of employment, hardly room for advancement, upper management has no idea what is going on in their programs. It's a non profit but all they care about is money and the business aspect of it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid holidays, many locations
Cons
Low salaries, low mileage reimbursement, raises are seldom, easily burnt out, little to no contact with upper management
Aspiranet is a fantastic organization!!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 1, 2016
I have worked with this company for three months and it is great!! I truly enjoy my co workers and my supervisors!! Everyone there is great and the benefits are great!! They are not like the county and micromanage things, they give you leanancy and it's not as stressful as other social work positions! Apply asap!!!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lots of work
Look elsewhere, unless you really NEED a job
Case Manager/Life Coach/ Therapist (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CANovember 27, 2016
Management is horrible, the Admins are even worse, unprofessional and unfriendly. The atmosphere here needs a huge turn around. The gossip needs to stop. The lies needs to stop. Favortism is haywire here. Cliques are the worst. Supervisors really need to know their roles. I'm almost done with my Masters so I'll be leaving soon.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Gossip, Liars, Manipulators, Cliques
My Dream Job
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 5, 2016
I was so excited to be hired. I love the idea of helping boys make a better furture for themselves. I have amazing coworkers and so far my supervisors and administration has been really supportive. The wages are a little low but you get full medical, dental, two week vacation you first year, 11 holiday and 10 sick days. The boys can be tough but if you just stick with it they will come to respect you. I want to make a career at Aspiranet!
Pros
Helping kids, good manager and supervisors, lots of training, supportive cowrokers
Cons
When boys fail, tough (but rewarding) hours
hiring process
Masters of Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 21, 2016
You go through all the procedures as if your interested, you say your going to call back regardless if you get the position and you never call, you re post the same job several times later.

Bad Management
team work atmosphere
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2016
Great place to work. A positive team work environment. The job is very detailed orientated but once you learn it, then it is ok. Management has communication and interact well with employees. Co-workers are very cooperative.
Pros
good co-worker commuincation
Cons
I have none
Reconsider another company.
Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 28, 2016
You will not have a balance of work and personal life. You have to use your personal vehicle basically all day every day and you won't be compensated for the wear and tear on your vehicle. You will be overloaded with cases and will also be expected to participate and help with activities 2-3 times a week on top of your already high caseload. You will do a lot of babysitting as well during activities, which is of course not included in the job description. Micromanaging is an understatement and you will not have fair treatment by management due to favoritism. Be expected to be belittled when things go array, especially if you are more qualified with credentials than your supervisor is. The environment is very noisy and "leadership" still expects you to complete documentation on time with no peace and quiet. There is also no space for everyone in the building so you will have to fight for space of be harassed by other employees if you try to share space. "Leadership" will not resolve issues for you. Overall, you work too much and too hard for the little money that you make. Also, another thing to consider is that you will have to travel up to 2-3 hours away for some cases and will most likely not be able to be off work until very late evening. Again, you will not be compensated for wear and tear on your vehicle. You won't even be compensated for the full amount of mileage that can be allotted to employees. If you are looking to become a support counselor, you will be the ones doing all of the work with little to no recognition at all. I advise against the agency.
Great place to work.
Ca- Core Program Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 25, 2016
On a typical day, I prioritize my day and work on crisis first. I meet with my facilitators and answer questions, I provide feedback and offer direction and I carry my own case load working with children and families.

For the most part, my job is very rewarding although it can often be challenging and very sad. I enjoy working with the families I work with and celebrate any changes in their family growth.
Pros
schedule
Cons
health care and taxes
Great Organization
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 18, 2016
Great team to work with. I enjoy working together as a team and helping clients in the community. We have several different programs that work together. The most I enjoy about the job is seeing the clients improve.
Pros
Teamwork
The job can be easy
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 7, 2016
Typical nightshift includes housekeeping and making sure youths are in their room. Lots of helpful training. These are at risk youths. Lots of them have emotional outbursts. Kids can be very threatening. There should always be 2+ staffs every-shift for safety. I dislike working by myself on a graveyard shift. Overall, easy job, but not for everyone.

Best case scenario- upon arrival, all the boys are already fast asleep.

Worst case scenario- fights and AWOL. Rarely happens though.
Pros
Being a positive role model and the experience. Making a difference. Supervisors are awesome.
Cons
Nightshifts rarely gets any help. Be prepare for emotional abuse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AspiraNet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9