AspiraNet Employee Reviews in United States

Reconsider another company.
Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 28, 2016
You will not have a balance of work and personal life. You have to use your personal vehicle basically all day every day and you won't be compensated for the wear and tear on your vehicle. You will be overloaded with cases and will also be expected to participate and help with activities 2-3 times a week on top of your already high caseload. You will do a lot of babysitting as well during activities, which is of course not included in the job description. Micromanaging is an understatement and you will not have fair treatment by management due to favoritism. Be expected to be belittled when things go array, especially if you are more qualified with credentials than your supervisor is. The environment is very noisy and "leadership" still expects you to complete documentation on time with no peace and quiet. There is also no space for everyone in the building so you will have to fight for space of be harassed by other employees if you try to share space. "Leadership" will not resolve issues for you. Overall, you work too much and too hard for the little money that you make. Also, another thing to consider is that you will have to travel up to 2-3 hours away for some cases and will most likely not be able to be off work until very late evening. Again, you will not be compensated for wear and tear on your vehicle. You won't even be compensated for the full amount of mileage that can be allotted to employees. If you are looking to become a support counselor, you will be the ones doing all of the work with little to no recognition at all. I advise against the agency.
Great place to work.
Ca- Core Program Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 25, 2016
On a typical day, I prioritize my day and work on crisis first. I meet with my facilitators and answer questions, I provide feedback and offer direction and I carry my own case load working with children and families.

For the most part, my job is very rewarding although it can often be challenging and very sad. I enjoy working with the families I work with and celebrate any changes in their family growth.
Pros
schedule
Cons
health care and taxes
Great Organization
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 18, 2016
Great team to work with. I enjoy working together as a team and helping clients in the community. We have several different programs that work together. The most I enjoy about the job is seeing the clients improve.
Pros
Teamwork
Wonderful company to work with
Life Coach (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Aspiranet offers a wide range of opportunities in connecting and becoming experienced with various organizations as well as ongoing training to build on job-related skills.
Pros
Flexible hours, Upbeat environment, Great team!
Cons
Time and Attendance System, Work cell phones are outdated..
Productive place to work
Core Program Director II (Current Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 1, 2015
Merced county is a good place to work. I learned to work with different systems in a culturally diverse environment. The hardest part of the job was the high case loads. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in the life of others.
Pros
working in a diverse environment
Cons
High case loads
Flexible hours
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CASeptember 1, 2015
A typical day consists of coming into a clients home, interacting with the client stuggling with a mental disadvantage for about 1-8 hours (usually 2), usually after school hours (between 2pm and 8pm), depending on if the client attends school or not. Your job is to introduce social and coping skills.
I learned that people are genuinely different. Not just in views but also in thought processes. This job teaches compassion and greatly encourages positive reinforcement.
Management changes so often that it can be amazing when one person from another position isn't assuming the responsibilities of management. Change is constant, and usually not in the favor of the lower positions, but nonetheless is there for protocols and procedures.
Co-workers are an openminded group. Diversity is strong here and this is something I appreciate very much about this job.
The hardest part of this job is consistency. The day to day job requires that the client learn to deal with changes and surprises as life can do that. But people join this job, leave this job, get promoted, so often that it can be frustrating and confusing. All the paperwork has different due dates, and is to be submitted to about 5 different people.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexibility and the trainings. At the trainings we get reimbursed for gas and time spent driving. We get food during the meeting and get to brainstorm effective ways to help our clients. It's great to hear everyone having similar struggles.
Pros
Room for growth, Flexible hours, No experience Required
Cons
Constantly changing policies and procedures, lots of position changes.
Horrrible staff, and very sad the way they treat clients
Childcare worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock CAAugust 25, 2015
Let this be your last option...the staff are rude and constantly talking about each other. Very unprofessional environment. One thing I could not stand was the constant reminder that these boys are not your friends nor are they your pal. They didn't want you making and kind of bonds. It was more of a prison sentence then a place to help boys who are troubled. It broke my heart when I tried speaking up about the way certain staff was treating certain boys. They basically told me mind my own business.... It got so bad that I finally had to leave. To this day I feel this place should be looked at by CPS. It is far from what they say it is....no one should be treated this way especially a place like this
Pros
Getting the experience.
Cons
Horrible staff, gossip, unsettling environment, very sad to know how these places get away with murder
Loved working with kids
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CaliforniaAugust 4, 2015
I loved this specific job, it was great to work with children and interact with them and their parents as well as the teachers. Co-workers were always available and willing to help out. There was good communiction always.
Supportive work enviornment
COEDS Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CaJuly 6, 2015
Working with kids and adolescences with social and emotional disabilities. I learned how to communicate with families with different backgrounds and cultures. My co-workers and supervisors are very supportive and help out with solutions when working with clients. The hardest part of the job is hearing the struggles the client have daily.
n/a
Facilitator/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 24, 2015
the supervisors need training. They are not aware of what their position requires and are not mentally capable of relating to a culturally diverse workplace.
Pros
good enviorment
Cons
bad supervisors
working with kids and schools
Clinician III (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 7, 2015
Helping schools team together with families in helping children succeed in school. This is done by providing therapy for the students and family. Also work with the school in providing treatment planning. Management is easy to work with and helpful when asking questions. The hardest part of the job is making all of the minutes while having to write reports as well as not being able to fully track the minutes where parents cancel so that it doesn't impact productivity.
Unprofessional Management
Behavioral Health Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 13, 2015
I was a contracts specialist. The manager was unorganized and unprofessional. There was favoritism and office gossip on a daily basis.
Cons
Unprofessional, no room for advancement
All about the bottom line.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 21, 2015
This not profit is only concerned about profit. Management is unaware of front line staff's value to the company. No respect for staff.
Pros
entry level
Cons
no upward mobility
Aspiranet
Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Good environment, great training's, good teamwork,and organized staff meetings.
Program manager is flexible and understanding.
Work schedule varies day, evening and weekends.
Many headaches!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaJanuary 9, 2015
Co-workers are great, if they have your back. Rather clicky. If management doesn't care for you a person will not be there long.
Pros
gaining experience.
Cons
the management.
Good work place environment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 12, 2014
Overall I have had positive experiences working with the interns and social workers on staff. They are hard working and very open to feedback.
Caring and Dedicated team working with families
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 27, 2014
I enjoyed the nature of my work as an Intervention specialist.
Working with families and the children associated and diagnosed with Autism made me feel like I was held liable for the positive progress made on a daily basis.
Managing the daily schedule of the clients I worked with and promoting a healthier routine in terms of their nutrition, activity, social needs.
I truly enjoyed the once a month meetings where the employees of our local counties would gather and discuss past situations with clients (who's names remained anonymous), the current progress pending as well as future goals. We were trained as part of the monthly meetings towards accelerated awareness, goal achievements, family communication, client intervention skills.
The hardest part of my job was being able to detach when I left work 100%. I found myself continuing to think and plan for the next day even when I was home. Although this was hard to do, I found it a blessing as it allowed me to re-assess the situation and establish a higher ground in terms of what worked better for the family and their children.
Pros
self scheduling
Poor management, program managers have poor communication and are unrealistic in work loads given to staff
mental health clinician (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 7, 2014
Heavy work loads and poor communication by program coordinators that often have no clue about the staff's work load and how much time it takes to do job tasks expected of you, Will add on more work even when staff communicate that out in the field work and office paperwork demands are not balancing out, Company does give benefits that are paid for as a plus and coworkers are friendly as well. Good experience gaining job with at risk youth and you will learn how to handle crisis which is a desirable skill on your resume for future jobs.
Pros
good coworkers that are honest in there intentions of helping youth and good team effort.
Cons
9 to 7 workday is common, deceitful managers that lie when push comes to shove to save themselves
Challenging
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Bay AreaApril 7, 2014
Not enough cases for me to keep the job. Not constant work. I needed more than just 2 days a week. The down part of this job was that I felt I was intruding on the families as the work was done in their home. One thing that made me think twice about this job was when a father came home from work and was frustrated that we were there and asked how much longer until we leave. All he wanted to do was relax and have dinner. I felt that I was intruding which made me very uncomfortable.
Pros
rewarding working with an autistic child
Cons
working in their homes and not an offsite setting.
steady pase work place, learned a lot
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 24, 2013
learned a lot at this job to add to my skills and abilities, everyone was great to work with and helped out as a team