Aspire Health Overview
Aspire Health is building a national network of innovative palliative care physician practices that provide an extra layer of clinical, psychosocial, and spiritual support to adult patients facing a serious illness. Aspire’s clinicians and clergy are experts in providing patients with relief from the burdensome symptoms of serious illness; helping patients and caregivers navigate the healthcare system; guiding patients and caregivers through difficult and complex treatment choices; and providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. Aspire delivers its services primarily in patients’ homes. Aspire is a growing practice and seeking to add new full time clinicians in the Middle Tennessee area.
In collaboration with Aspire’s local Lead Physician, NPs develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values; provide medical diagnostics and treatments in the home consistent with the NP’s scope of practice and the patient’s medical condition; educate patients and families on medication usage, diet and nutrition, and crisis anticipation and prevention; communicate medical information to the patient’s physicians and other providers as well as to Aspire’s Lead Physician and broader clinical team. NPs take part in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings, call schedules and scheduled in-service and education sessions.
- Develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and life-limiting conditions (e.g., COPD, CHF, cancers, debility, dementia)
- Gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed in the home setting. Then develop and implement treatment plans given patient’s goals of care and current conditions
- Meet patient and family physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from inter-disciplinary team
- Educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention
- Communicate with other Aspire clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family
- Communicate with Aspire’s local Lead Physician to review patient records and care plans on a timely basis consistent with Tennessee regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy
- Maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with Tennessee regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy
- Participate in continuing education as required by the state Board of Nursing
- Prescribe medication as permitted by the state Board of Nursing
- Other related duties as deemed necessary
- NPs should be excited and energized by working collaboratively as part of an innovative team building a new care delivery model that targets adult patients facing chronic and life-limiting illnesses.
- Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner with appropriate certification and licensure
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required, including controlled substance prescription authority
- CPR certification required
- Previous experience in palliative care preferred; some bedside hospital, oncology, ER or ICU experience a plus
- Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability auto insurance
Compensation is commensurate to compensation for similar positions in the region and is based on prior training and experience. Position also includes benefits.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Aspire Health is a new healthcare company focused on becoming the national leader in the palliative care market. Aspire specializes in...