Aspire Lifestyles Employee Reviews

Worst work Environment
LCSW (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 8, 2018
The guy below said it if you enjoy being belittled talked down to, unappreciated this is the place for you. Management is horrible. They don't pay you enough for the Amount of work you do. More like a corporate sweatshop. Working people hard and no appreciation for the work you do. No work life balance I wish I read some of these reviews before working for this company.. STAY AWAY RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not worth putting yourself through unnecessary/unhealthy stress.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
miserable work environment
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 5, 2017
high turn over of employees and management
low wages
lousy bonus structure (you could lose your entire bonus through no fault of your own)
stressful environment
LOW WAGES
Pros
learned more about international travel/life style
Cons
low wages, poor bonus structure, management, Hr
A company that does not deliver on what it promises
Quality Assurance Specialist / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 14, 2017
Aspire hired me under the impression that this wa sa white glove concierge service and that the employees take pride in their work and give 110 % effort to satisfying their customers. I found this approach to be anything but true. There is no regulated dress code. Management is a joke. The only benefit to this company was bagel Fridays and being located across the street from the PATH station for commuting purposes. Also, 1st top from Hoboken train station at Newport PATH.
Pros
Bagel Friday, Pizza on occasion
Cons
Lack of caring from employees, unprofessional environment
Absolutely horrible
Conceirge (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! If you are used to working for a call center that knows their skills please do not apply here. They do not know how to run a call center and the management sucks with the exception of 2 managers. There is absolutely no vacation time allowed and they do not care about your personal life or your work needs. You can never get a straight answer and the client's are RUDE! I would not suggest this company to anyone.
Was left hanging
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  upstate, nyJuly 16, 2017
Was ready and willing to work. Scheduled two phone interviews blocked out time and sat by phone and was never called. Was very disappointed. Still hoping they will reschedule.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJuly 13, 2017
Do not work at Aspire. If you enjoy only being talked to by your management when you're doing something wrong, then this is the place for you.
Work is constantly stressful. Management only cares about themselves.
Fun workplace
LIFESTYLE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 15, 2017
Overall, I loved my job. It was fun and forced you learn about things from all over the world. My 2 years there were not bad. The attendance policy is very strict and it's something that you should prepare yourself for. MOST of the management is very willing to help you when it comes to needing days off or helping raise your numbers. If you make a mistake more than once or twice, then they do advance on you-as it should be in a mature environment. Once you learn the job and get into the groove of it, it's not bad at all. It can get very stressful on busy days. Not everyone agrees, but I've always thought that the company treated us very well. Free lunch almost every month, incented OT, a lot of OT available, raffles for cool things, and they even gave hundreds of dollars in gift cards one month to all employees based on a point system they had going. Sometimes management is a pain but I think they at least try to make up for it in other areas. Great pay and benefits compared to other companies around. Good luck!
No Life
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 7, 2017
Working at Aspire was okay. You go through 10 weeks of training, and then you hit the ground running. I literally had no life working there because there's absolutely no work/life balance. HOWEVER they do pay you very well for any overtime. They always incented the OT which was plus so ultimately you were making like $60 an hour.
Pros
Great overtime incentives, shift differential, very casual dress code
Cons
No work/life balance
No organization
Dedicated Concierge (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2017
Everyone that gets trained is suppose to know and you never get a QA training of what is expected of you until you get the monthly QA and then fail..............

Have a manager and 3 assistant manager
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
Great work from home opportunity
Bluefly Brand Ambassador/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 12, 2017
Great work from home opportunity with available hours. Compensation is very low and not competitive. I learned a lot about customer service due to their strong team leaders.
Customer Care Professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 11, 2017
Answering phones and computer work for a VIP concierge company. The management was okay. Workplace culture was always stressful and on the edge of your seat. The hardest part of the job was trying to make targets and succeed to the supervisors' wishes. Met some great people and the pay was pretty good.
Pros
Good money and possibilities of good bonuses
Cons
Hard work, tiring, barely any time off
Poor Management
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Its a very fast paced environment can be very stressful at times, Help from management was somewhat difficult to find when needed.
Great benefits and pay. If you are looking for a job that is all about the money and not the employees, this is the job for you.
Pros
Great Money and Benefits
Cons
High Stress Enviroment
Awesome place to work at
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 16, 2016
Love working here. The management is wonderful ! Need a flexible schedule to work with. Over all the health insurance is a plus but their is no maternity leave which is a bummer.
Fast paced call center
Concierge/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 8, 2016
Aspire Lifestyles is a decent place to work. The pay is decent however the job is a little stressful. The benefits used to be good until the went with a different company to save the company money and now the insurance is terrible! No ones heard of it and they dont cover anything! The job itself is interesting it's dining, tickets and vacation planning and much more.. I've almost always enjoyed the job. I don't like the work/life balance. Taking time off and changing schedules is almost impossible. I've been with this company for 6 years now because it's a decent place to work for the compensation. I do have to say management is not helpful and you end up working almost every holiday but if you work well on your own, learn fast and enjoy a fast paced environment then Aspire is for you.
Pros
Good pay, free lunches, Over time
Cons
Work life balance, lack of helpful management
Horrible place to work
Lifestyle Advisor (Former Employee) –  PhoNovember 20, 2016
It's like the most horrible place to work. It's like waking up in everyday for the rest of your life. They expect you to work so hard but give you little tools to do so. Management shows favoritism. It is modern day slavery. Please do not apply to work here. You will regret it . You have been warned!!!!!
Pros
You get help plan vacations
Cons
Everything about the job.
Never the Same Day
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAOctober 29, 2016
You never know what to expect as far as calls and requests. I really enjoy my relationships with some of management. The hardest part about this job is not being able to service a client. Sometimes we get very unique and far fetched requests and it is very difficult to fulfill them all.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and schedule flexibility
Cons
Unpaid lunches, our time clock process
compañía de la diversión a trabajar para
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2016
Un entorno muy ocupado, de ritmo rápido con la diversidad de responsabilidades.
Pros
Ofrece un gran sueldo y beneficios
Cons
Largas horas
Job itself is fun, however environment is hostile at best
Concierge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work, you sit down to your assigned seat which you may share with other employees. Log into an outdated system which takes about 20 minutes, so be sure to be early, or you will be late, even if you are sitting in your seat. If you have any technical issues, you won't be paid unless it's approved ie. you may be at work, not getting paid for their own issues. You are given about 5 minutes a week -yes a week- for bathroom breaks that will be paid, otherwise wait for your breaks. You are given ample break time. two paid 15 minute breaks, and an hour unpaid lunch. The work environment is very fake, and people frequently burp, curse, and talk to themselves loudly. People are nice to your face, but will be quick to alert management about anything that bothers them. No clear leadership on the floor as different unofficial titles are given out like candy. You take back to back inbound calls daily, with no aftercall work allowed, or you will get in trouble. There are some good people who work there. If you choose to work here, steer clear of the Citibank concierge area as it is an unsavory work environment, chaotic, and you have no job security as the contractor threatens the contract almost daily. The actual working with the card holders is fine, learning about new destinations is rather riveting. However, most card members are extremely unhappy due to hold times and unkept promises. Management style is very old fashioned. It's their way or the highway. They claim to have an open-door policy, however many have found themselves out of work for speaking up. At the end  more... of a work day you have to go through and approve your statuses of what you did exactly through the day. Company has been known to short employees of wages if they're not properly documented, and employees rarely see the return.  less
Pros
breaks
Cons
management, expensive benefits, log your own hours
Great Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2016
I've been working for Aspire Lifestyles (formerly VIPdesk) for over 15 years at a work-at-home capacity. Within that time I have encountered many different career opportunities and have grown my career along with the company's growth. I started as a Lead Concierge and worked my way up to Manager, and eventually Director. The benefits are very good, and the company even picked up recent increases in healthcare costs so the employees wouldn't be affected. Working from home has its pluses and minuses, and Aspire Lifestyles has made great efforts to promote a team environment, although challenging with a remote workforce. There have been fun contests, regular team meetings (conference calls), transparent meetings with upper management, and a sincere concern for work/life balance. Sure, there are long hours at times, but it keeps the job interesting and challenging, and I learn more every day for the next step in my career advancement. There are many opportunities for people who are patient and apply themselves. Customer service is a tough industry and it's hard to balance keeping clients, customers, and employees happy, but upper management, including the CEO, have done a fantastic job at it. The CEO is very sharp, listens to her team, and she is always open to hearing ideas for improvement. Proper training has always been a focus. It's hard to pay attention when someone is not sitting in front of you, but you'll get out of it what you put into it. It takes a special kind of motivated person who can work from home, and the convenience of working from home is amazing. I've even saved  more... money on car insurance, let alone the savings in no commute. Excellent support from my direct manager is also one of the biggest Pros of my job. She’s been amazing at working with me on honing my skills, as I am always open to constructive criticism.  less
Pros
Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k); transparent management; team culture; great opportunities for career advancement
Cons
As with any company, the biggest challenge is communication, which is particularly tough with a mostly remote workforce.
Fun filled and filled with experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MANovember 10, 2015
My time at Aspire was some of the best in my working experience. My co-workers were beyond amazing, and were so helpful when I first started at the company. In addition, the clients that I got to work with every day made me so happy to go into work the next day.

I was able to form relationships with my clients, even though I never saw them face-to-face. While working at Aspire, I was promoted twice within 2 years. I learned so much while I was with this company, and I appreciate everything they did for me while I was there.
Pros
Amazing coworkers.
Cons
Management did not make lower staff as a priority

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspire Lifestyles. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7