Aspire Public Schools Employee Reviews

good
Instructional assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAAugust 8, 2016
Good place to work if you're not going to college. other than that great job place for practice. I don't know what else to say.
Great place to work at to gain trainee hours as a grad student.
Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2016
At my site, I learned how to implement school policy and State/Federal clinical laws to ensure I provided my clients with the best possible mental service possible.
Pros
Able to utilize both school counseling and clinical skills to create treatment plans for clients.
Cons
Not enough family systems focus from headquarters
Great schools to work at
Guest Teacher and HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 13, 2016
Aspire works closely with parents, staff and students to ensure their schools are some of the best in the area. They offer services that fit the needs of students and have a close family like culture for staff who work at their schools.
College For Certain
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
Aspire is equipping and preparing scholars for college. The environment is very high paced, happy, and business oriented.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
lots of walking
The Students Run the Schoill and High Turnover.
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 30, 2016
Charters School is sloppy. Kids are wild and crazy.
The School bends to the Parents and Students to acquire funding,
instead of the Students bending to the teachers.

High turn-overs do to bad kids and poor administration.
School had no teacher when I was teaching there for a few days.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management and Lacks Teacher Support
It's work
Afterschool Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 25, 2016
I love my time with the students, and have created a lifelong bond with them, but feel abandoned by management. I have more than enough skills to get by, but I am doing so on my own.
Pros
Working with kids willing to succeed
Cons
Asked to be zealous about a job that isn't zealous about me as a member
Excellent experience
Technology Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 13, 2016
Aspire is among the most mission driven places to work, and offers a good culture. You'll gain applicable experience in any role.
worst senior management team ever
Operations analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 10, 2015
They should get rid of the entire senior management team! The good managers are leaving or disappearing. They can't seem to keep the good managers. The bad ones stick around. Maybe they're the ones that "suck up" the most. The Operations head is the worst and gets defensive when anyone brings up issues. No wonder people are quitting on her left and right. You can tell who the bad execs are - they lose all their people and managers under them. If you see a mass exodus from a department, look at the top. It's not rocket science.
Wonderful Learning Experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 31, 2015
Aspire sets an atmosphere of greater achievement and non-complacent behaviors. They are always looking forward for improvements in their system to produce the highest performance.
Pros
Motivating, Uplifting, Encouraging, Teamwork
Cons
Communication could be stronger
Productive and scholarly work environment
Full time Student (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaliforniaSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day includes work time in class and on Exhibition. Exhibitions are end of the year projects base on how society shapes us. We work towards this project every week. Our day also includes associating with multiple diverse individuals and working towards our dream as being accepted to a 4 year university.
Pros
College Courses, Diversity in Student Body, College for Certain
Great Opportunity for Advancement in Education
Educator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 2, 2015
If you love to work with children and want to see them strive for college success, then this is the place to work. Great staff, teachers and students.
Campus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAMay 26, 2015
Supervision of students, mental training with students to improve grades and to build strong relationships, coordinate with co workers to safeguard students during break periods, chaperon school events and sports activities, help out with light maintenance and custodial work
Pros
work environment, benefits, compensation, morale
Cons
Great place to get your feet wet in education
Instructional Aide & After School Educator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 2, 2015
For the newcomer to careers in education, Aspire is a fantastic organization to align yourself with. Small community schools offer kinship with students, staff and families.
Pros
strong workplace culture
Cons
very little monetary benefit and seldom do you receive raises
great job
English 3 (11th grade) Educator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2015
Great job, fun environment, A great workplace for first time teachers. You will learn alot. But be prepared to work alot. There will be alot of support systems in place for you.
Friendly enviroment
Supervisor/Campus Monitor/Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day for me, is to be at work, knowing that I am making a positive impact on the lives of the people that I am around. I have learned many traits and skills just by not being afraid of failing at getting a job done right the first time. The management loves me at my job. I consider myself as one of the hardest workers at any and every job that I take on. I get along well with all of my co-workers. I am a leader amongst them. I really can't say that I have any part of my day that is hard. The most enjoyable part of my job, is having my job, and working with the people that I am around all day.
Rewarding but stressful job
Educator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Typical day:
Get to school at 6:45 am. Prep for the day, make copies, make posters, set up classroom.
Pick up students at 7:50 am- teach until 11:15 am. Teaching includes teaching material, activities, assessments, and managing student behavior.
Take students to lunch at 11:15 am, help them get settled. Run back to class to eat own lunch or sit with students for about 10 min. Take students to restroom, take them to recess. Supervise recess.
Take back to class. Teach and manage until 3:30 pm dismissal.
Clean up classroom. Prep for the next day. Attend planning meetings with colleages and/or meetings with parents.
Leave around 5 pm and likely do another hour of work at home
Pros
working with children
Job Performance
After School Intervention Educator (Former Employee) –  Memphis tnSeptember 22, 2014
• Prepares creative, hands-on, interactive lesson plans with short and long-range curriculum goals and objectives.
• Plans an engaging program of study that meets the needs, interests, and abilities for all students, including students with disabilities.
• Uses a variety of instructional materials, resources, and experiences to enrich student learning.
• Uses effective positive interpersonal communication skills.
• Builds relationships and liaises with other teachers, aides, building administrators, and staff to drive collaboration and program success.
Eclectic School
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAAugust 19, 2014
Lots of intelligent and fun children and co-workers working hard to ensure a bright future for the children in the community.
Great organization to work for
Long Term Substitute Teacher, Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2014
I love working for Aspire Public Schools. The teachers, administrators, and corporate office people of Aspire have been very helpful to me.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
only available in select cities
Good paying job, but very stressing
ASP Educator (Former Employee) –  LOS ANGELES, CAOctober 1, 2013
I like the paying but I hated the atitude of some co-coworkers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
negative working environment