Aspire of Illinois Employee Reviews in United States

This was once a great place, it is now a very discouraging
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 21, 2016
The new management and higher ups have successfully brought this place down. It's beyond me how it was even rated a great place to work. Their logo "Together, we're better " is nothing but a gimmick. There is no place for advancement and they have absolutely no respect for the ones who are actually doing the hands on with these wonderful participants. It's incredibly sad because it's the participants who are actually lacking in better employees just because the CEO and that team has brought morale so far down, the turn over rate is at it's highest
Pros
Working with a beautiful group of participants that keep us going
Cons
Health insurance is horrible, pay is degrading and insulting, no room for advancement unless you have a degree, though you have the same experience
Career enhancement opportunities
Direct Support Professional- DSP (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILOctober 1, 2015
I am a current employee and truly enjoy the work that I do. I am looking to becoming full time and to further my career within the organization.
Pros
Awesome clients to work for
Loved Caring for the clients
Team Lead ( House Manager)/ DSP (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJuly 9, 2015
Clients was the best thing about this job. Flexible hours and I enjoyed taking clients out in the community.Staff was hard working.
this place sucks
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  brookfield, ilMarch 18, 2015
Their is no room for advancement. As a training specialist you are suppose to assist the residents, instead you are treated as a maid they want you to clean the houses from top to bottom. This company needs to hire a cleaning service instead!!! And the pay sucks
Calm workplace
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILNovember 14, 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping individuals with activities of daily living in an independent living setting. Assistance in household chores and transportation to community engagement activities is needed. From my experience working at Aspire, I have learned to utilize my patience and empathize for those who take a little longer to develop these skills. On a typical day I do not work with co-workers on site unless there is a staff update meeting, which takes place about once a month. The hardest part of the job is forming a relationship with the participant on a professional level as well as a friendly level to ensure utmost productivity. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling successful in the days work and activities and feeling like progress in the participant's life is being made.
music,games,drawing,movie day,outings with residents
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJanuary 30, 2015
My resume alone speak for it's self when it comes to this job. I enjoyed working for this company,. what I love the most was the residents
Pros
no lunch fees unless all staff were eating together
Cons
15 and 30min break only
Apart of developmental processes which truly makes a difference in someones life.
Vocational Instructor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILApril 29, 2014
Working with adults with developmental disabilities has been challenging as well as personally rewarding. Everyday one has to show up to work prepared to meet various challenges head on. It has truly been a delight being apart of my participants daily development process and to witness how hard work and dedication to those you serve can bring so much promise to all involved.
Great place to work, overall I would like to work there again
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILApril 30, 2014
Work with individual that are mentally challange is a very reward experience. Being able to watch a person achieve a goal as simple as buttoning their own coat is a great reward. Been able to assist a person to know the difference in a dime and a nickel. Watching the smile on each one of their faces made the job easy.

The hardest part is not have a simple answer to all their qusetion
Pros
hours
Cons
not being able to help everyone
A very productive, peaceful, and fullfilling workplace.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 28, 2012
A typical work day for me was: clocking in, preparing their lunch bags for the following day, help residents clean their rooms, laundry, preparing dinner, preparing clothes for the next day, shopping, exercise, crafts, providing companionship, doing their hair, manicures, helping ladies get ready for bed, administering medication, and whatever else that was required of me.
Pros
putting a smile on the residents face, a very humbling experience.
Cons
there were no benefits for part-time employees, other than that no cons.
Caring working environment for individuals that are serviced
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILAugust 28, 2012
After working for Aspire I learned a lot about working with individuals with special needs. For that I am very thankful to have been given the opportunity to work there. The only thing I did not like about Aspire was their unwillingness to change your work schedule. Although, there are no rules in their code of conduct book saying that you can't change your schedule.
Stay away
Former Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Group homeFebruary 21, 2014
Aspire use to be a fun place to work. It was really about the participants. Now the new management team is more concerned with the bottom line. Turn over is high and staff moral is low. There is little to no advancement for people with advanced degrees. Aspire presents itself as a great company but be very cautious.
Pros
several paid holidays, benefits are great
Cons
pay rate, no advancement
Great workshop program
Developmental Trainer (Litt) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2012
Starts at eight receive clients from travel bus. Undress clients and receive appropriate supplements for clients and morning snack. Feed and toilet all clients before re positioning them and doing prescribed workouts. Help clients with afternoon activity and get ready for lunch and evening transport.
Pros
the individuals
Cons
no real advancement
Was a fun place to work
Direct Support Professional(DSP) Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILMarch 9, 2013
Workrd with individuals with special needs, good experience with wheel chairs, taught activities, lifting individuals,showred individuals and help with they personal care.
Pros
working and help ing with special needs
Cons
not enough sick time
great place to work
DSP/CRS Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  brookfieldSeptember 2, 2013
help participants with every day living cleaning the house setting appointments talking to parent and handling funds for trips or everyday needs
Pros
love working with disable adult the management is great benefits is good too.
Cons
no hours pay rate is very low
Excellent Service and Care Provider
Finance Committee (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILAugust 16, 2013
Innovative, client-oriented leadership and staff providing excellent care and opportunities for challenged individuals from infants to adults.
friendly participant to work with and learning
Direct Service Staff and supervisor (Former Employee) –  hiilside,illJune 15, 2012
good working with my co-worker learning new things about the computer and other value educational experiences.
Non-Profit
Assistant Administrator, Developmental Training (Current Employee) –  Hillside,ILOctober 29, 2013
Great Organization that services Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities