Aspire of WNY Employee Reviews

Nothing but two lies and a truth
It was questionable what my job title was (Former Employee) –  7 Community Drive CheektowagaJanuary 2, 2017
My experience was not a good one. I found that the people I worked with in my department were nothing but bullies to me. Constantly demeaning me to the point of harassment. And my supervisor would down right lie to me on several occasions. Not a good experience.
Pros
Lots and lots of time off. But the pay is low so it is an incentive
Cons
If they didn't like you, they made if known by bulling you until you finally can't take it any longer and quit.
Over a decade
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I have worked at Aspire for over 10 years. I started out in a group home and worked throughout getting my bachelors degree to move up to service coordination. I love my job, my co workers, my supervisors and the individuals on my case load.
I can tell you that the agency is different between buffalo and Lakewood.
Pros
Clients, learning experiences
Cons
Continuous changes in OPWDD, rate of pay
Awesome place to work, gained hands on experience assisting individuals with developmental disabilities
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYDecember 15, 2016
A typical day at work consist of Keeping accurate files and providing transportation to and from all daily activities. I learned management will go above and beyond for the employees.
Pros
Set scheduling and potential overtime, open door policy, benefits
Cons
Productive and flexible work atmosphere
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 2, 2016
A typical day at work involves some team work and majority working independently on tasks.
I have learned when it comes to multitasking it is important to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met and nothing falls behind.
Our management is extremely helpful and cares a lot about the department and the atmosphere we work in
My co workers are a group of team players who are also very nice people.
The hardest part of my job is not being challenged enough.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how my great organization skills helps me to get things done efficiently.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Low pay
Job Coach - One on One Transitional Services
Job Coach/Individual Career Service (Current Employee) –  Buffalo NYDecember 31, 2016
Rewarding and learned to be patient and compassionate with all. There is plenty of paperwork if you do not mind computer work, it is a great poastion.
Shift is usually only 2 hrs per day and many days off due to school schedule
Pros
Work independently
Aspire of WNY
Employment Specialist/Job Coach (Former Employee) –  140 Mall BLVD Lakewood NYSeptember 22, 2016
Working with Aspire of WNY really opened my eyes on how much potential I have in life and that possibilities are endless. I worked with higher functioning intellectually disabled individuals at their workplace. As a career coach I assisted these individuals at work doing their assigned duties. I would spend a few hours at each designated business. After observing and assisting individuals all day I would end my day at my office documenting everything I did with each individual on their electronic files. The hardest part of my job would had to have been dealing with behaviors on the job. This meaning when an individual would act out or act inappropriately in a work place or setting. The best part of my job was making a difference in these peoples lives every single day even if it was repetition.
I hate it!!
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2016
Worst company ever! Your better off working at McDonald's. We have to pass meds and do gtubes. Transport them on a wheelchair bus. Change them all day for a little bit of pocket change.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Low pay.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Love working for this company. Love what we do for persons with developmental disabilities. Its very inspiring to all we do as a team. the hardest part of the job is not being able to help all who need it and the limitations with being a not for profit company.
less than average
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 11, 2016
My co workers are wonderful in an ever changing position. We are overwhelmed at times. Benefits are good but pay in not competitive to other agencies.
Great job experience with very friendly employee's.
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJune 24, 2016
Going into your job at Aspire is always very exciting and there is always something new planned for the day with the individuals. I learned a lot of things while being at Aspire. You must have a lot of patience, but also being very friendly and up for anything comes with the job. The management is excellent always friendly and always on call which was very helpful. The co-workers were also amazing, often times would stay late after some of my shifts to help me with things I wasn't able to finish during the busy work hours. The job was never hard for me, I loved everything that I did and everything about it. The most enjoyable part was making the individuals smile, being able to take them out into the community and teaching them new skills. Always put a smile on my face knowing all the good I could do for other people.
Pros
Free lunches, Pay rate, Individuals, Employees, Management.
Cons
N/A
Great Opportunity
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, NYMay 2, 2016
A great start to a career. I have learned a lot working here. The patients are great and the staff is supportive.I loved this job!
A new adventure everyday...
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 20, 2015
On any given day you can be hit with any number of unexpected situations. This job keeps you going and challenges you in ways you can't imagine. It can be fun but it can also be emotionally draining and overwhelmingly satisfying all at the same time.
Pros
Wonferdul suprises from the accomplishments of the individulas
Cons
staffing issues, sometimes seem unappreciated.
Not as fun as it seems
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2015
This company does not care about its employees! I was in school while I was working here and they expected me to make this job my life. This job was very physically demanding. I am a small girl and I was having to physically lift and turn 300 pound people with no help.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
Cota
Full time COTA (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 7, 2016
i began to work in therapy area and learned many aspects of working in healthcare. There have been many changes in the occupational therapy dept
Pros
hours
Cons
no advancement
love the resiends i cared for
RHA (Residential Housing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  losson rdJune 9, 2015
had fun at work with the resident. going on outing, helping with cleaning, laundry, personal care. had to get a cert in colostomy bag care, med cert, and g-tube care. hardest days would be when we had to take someone to the hospital. if they stayed we would have to stay with them around clock care.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
worked a 8hr shift with getting paid all shift
I love the passion behind Aspire
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 12, 2015
I have an incredible team to work with, the paperwork is getting over-abundant, and the glass ceiling is pretty obvious if you aren't willing to conform, or if you are not familiar with the "top dogs"
too much down time.
Direct Support Professional/ Medical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work is coming in, getting individuals showered and dressed, feed them breakfast, and wait until thier school bus arrives. My shift is from 6am-2pm. The individuals are at school from 8am-3pm, so after 8am, there is not much to do. I wash clothes, cook dinner, and clean rooms to keep busy. Which doesn't keep me busy for very long.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
too much down time
Very good benefits and accrued time off
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYFebruary 11, 2014
I truly enjoyed my job at Aspire. But, I feel that my work there is done. I want to move on and works with the critically ill or geriatric population. I have done private home care for Hospice patients and experienced such personal rewards that I am ready to change my occupation
Pros
heath benefits/ time off
Cons
short staffed/ not enough focus on the consumers we serve
Fun, warming, loving group home
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Creek, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Managed a group of 6 individuals and 25 staff. Made sure that everything ran smoothly. Made sure that we had enough staff, enough food, enough money, enough activities. I enjoyed my staff. They treated me with respect because I treated them with respect.

Everyday was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
The Boss
Cons
On call 24/7
never will i work their again
teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Buffalo New YorkMarch 15, 2013
I worked at the school in 2006 when i just found out i was pregnant with my daughter. I asked my manager not to be in the one room do to the fact that other girls not being able to cary do to getting hit to many times. So my manager told me its not about u are ur unborn child its were we put u that day. And if i didnt like it go somewere else. So i did go some were els.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspire of WNY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7