Aspire of WNY Employee Reviews

Not as fun as it seems
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2015
This company does not care about its employees! I was in school while I was working here and they expected me to make this job my life. This job was very physically demanding. I am a small girl and I was having to physically lift and turn 300 pound people with no help.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
I love the passion behind Aspire
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 12, 2015
I have an incredible team to work with, the paperwork is getting over-abundant, and the glass ceiling is pretty obvious if you aren't willing to conform, or if you are not familiar with the "top dogs"
love the resiends i cared for
RHA (Residential Housing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  losson rdJune 9, 2015
had fun at work with the resident. going on outing, helping with cleaning, laundry, personal care. had to get a cert in colostomy bag care, med cert, and g-tube care. hardest days would be when we had to take someone to the hospital. if they stayed we would have to stay with them around clock care.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
worked a 8hr shift with getting paid all shift
Good
Residential Aid (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYJune 5, 2014
I learned how to value people at this job because of the people I took care of. There is value in even those who cannot hear or speak.
Working for Aspire was fun, I enjoyed the consumers and my co-workers
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  2495 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 14214February 19, 2014
My day will start with helping the residents get ready for either school or work. The hardest part of my job was getting outside people to understand that the consumers are just like them only they may require a little help from time to time.
Very good benefits and accrued time off
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYFebruary 11, 2014
I truly enjoyed my job at Aspire. But, I feel that my work there is done. I want to move on and works with the critically ill or geriatric population. I have done private home care for Hospice patients and experienced such personal rewards that I am ready to change my occupation
Pros
heath benefits/ time off
Cons
short staffed/ not enough focus on the consumers we serve
A great place to work
Rehabilitation Aide/Medical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 28, 2014
read the communication log, count control medication and log in count, wait for individuals to return home from their programs, and get them settled in with an activity while dinner is being prepared. once dinner was ready serve then feed individuals who was unable to feed themselves. once they was finish eating some watch television , some was shower if they was unable to do it themselves, unless an outing was plan.

I enjoy working with individuals who are unable to care for themselves.

management was not present much they attended lots of meeting in order to create a better care plan for the clients.

my co-workers was great we all work together as a team to help build the skills of each individual.

the hardest part of the job was experiencing the struggles the individuals had to experience.

the most enjoyable part of the job was to experience their growth.
Pros
helping the individuals to experience things out in the community
Cons
short staff a lot
nice company to work for.
Medical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk nyJanuary 20, 2014
I miss my job with Aspire and my residents, I was in management and enjoyed working with my staff and residents.
Fun, warming, loving group home
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Creek, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Managed a group of 6 individuals and 25 staff. Made sure that everything ran smoothly. Made sure that we had enough staff, enough food, enough money, enough activities. I enjoyed my staff. They treated me with respect because I treated them with respect.

Everyday was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
The Boss
Cons
On call 24/7
too much down time.
Direct Support Professional/ Medical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work is coming in, getting individuals showered and dressed, feed them breakfast, and wait until thier school bus arrives. My shift is from 6am-2pm. The individuals are at school from 8am-3pm, so after 8am, there is not much to do. I wash clothes, cook dinner, and clean rooms to keep busy. Which doesn't keep me busy for very long.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
too much down time

Want to know more about Aspire of WNY?

Ask a question
Aspire needs a lot of work.
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  getzville, nyJune 28, 2013
The individuals involved in the direct care of clientele at Aspire are wonderful but their administrative staff is definitely in need of an overhaul. When your executive assistant has nothing better to do but sit in her office all day playing around on Facebook or talking to her mother on the phone, then you have a problem. I should have suspected that something was wrong with this work environment when I noticed they had gone through at least 6 different employees in the past few months. That's not a staffing problem- that is a management problem. New staff members were being improperly 'trained' by the executive assistant in order to make the new people seem incompetent. The best part of this job was interacting with clientele and the CFO and AED. There are some really wonderful individuals behind this organization but they need to get it together and flush out the employees who are bent on personal gain- they are sabotaging the organization,
Pros
park within walking distance
Cons
administrative offices- the most bitter and angry people you will ever meet
Loving place with great workers
Residential Habilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 18, 2013
I absolutely love the company, their values, and care for their employees.
never will i work their again
teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Buffalo New YorkMarch 15, 2013
I worked at the school in 2006 when i just found out i was pregnant with my daughter. I asked my manager not to be in the one room do to the fact that other girls not being able to cary do to getting hit to many times. So my manager told me its not about u are ur unborn child its were we put u that day. And if i didnt like it go somewere else. So i did go some were els.
I loved working there for the first two yrs.
Healthcare professional (Current Employee) –  GetzvilleAugust 28, 2012
This company claims that prides itself in concern for the disabled. After working closely with management and many Indivisuals, I found that the bottom line is the Almighty Dollar! How much money each Indivisual brings to this company is first and foremost. "Employers come a dime a dozen" is the basic philosophy. I would not encourage anyone to work there based on my personal experience, unless you are prepared to go along with anything that is dished out. Management will roll over you over any chance they get. confidentiality is a rareity. If you can just deal with the needs/care of the Indivisuals, you will have a good career ahead. That is the most enjoyable part of the job. Don't tell your personal business to anyone.
Keep your private life private. DO NOT TRUST MANAGEMENT WHEN THEY SMILE AND PRETEND TO BEFRIEND YOU. IT MAY BE A TRAP!!!
Pros
indivisuals, community outings, co-workers
Cons
management, pay scale, unrealistic goals/expectations
It's a fun place to work
Direct support professional (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 27, 2012
Very good place to work for My individual's keep me happy an smiling The hardest part about this job you get attached to the individuals they become family if you decide to leave it becomes very hard to. I cook for the individual's bath them wash there laundry the Job has its days but what Job doesn't
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
pay rate
It was great going to work just to help someone out :)
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 9, 2012
Aspire was a good work place because the people that work there was fun to be around and so was the consumer
Pros
being able to go out with the consumer to dinner and movie
Cons
not having enough help when needed
Love the individuals
Residential Medical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYApril 29, 2012
The individuals make the day worth it. New experiences everyday, which makes the days go by fast
Not a great place to work if you truly care about the developmentally disabled
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  West SenecaFebruary 22, 2012
This company does alot of cover ups and truly does not care abpout the developmentally disabled. There is alot of abuse and if you stand up to them then they harrass you until you leave them. They have alot of drama and management is horrible. Not a good company
Cons
everything

Comment – March 21, 2012

Great Company, but work ethics are very poor, especially at a certain house I've observed that the new generation of staff been employed there are just pure followers. in other words let say there are two groups, one group has work integrity and bring the highest standards of ethics to workplace, then the other group will do some work but show no interest of positive role model or just do-sent show no form of leadership. the new generation of staff will more likely to follow that path way, two thumb up to the workers who bring positive leadership, this of course will make the residents i at least know which staffs are champions on their job. Next is management, I cant say for all houses but the one house i am speculating on, the management is not to blame for all what happen, however I strongly believe if management put more managerial expertise in there job performance I think the lazy group will recuperate. Managers please, please, please !!! am sure you know what the .Roles & Responsibilities of a Manager in an Organization do....Ok let me remind you all... The three vital determinants of team work are the leader” subordinates and the environment. These factors are interdependent. It is the leader’s responsibility to make the environment conducive to work. He studies the employees individually and insists interest in them. By encouraging the inquisitive employees and by prohibiting insidious elements, he creates hygienic environment. He inculcates the sense of collectivism in employees to work as a team. The resultant output will then be efficiency. TEAM WORK PEOPLE..get  more... rid have the bad eggs... love you all....  less