Aspire of WNY Employee Reviews

lack of leadership
Technology Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYNovember 7, 2017
There was a constant lack of leadership. Low pay for the amount of jobs you do. Workers tend to be over worked and get mandated often do to no workers.
Not a bad place to work
Community Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 30, 2017
Although there are some things organizationally that need to change, I enjoy the services that I provide to those in the community with disabilities and the peace of mind I bring to their families.
Great people and great staff
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYOctober 27, 2017
Typical day would include supporting those with developmental disabilities to live their lives to full potential. Utilizing management and staff to have an excellent work day. Hardest part of the job was patience. Most enjoyable part was when all of your hard work paid off to make the individuals you support happy.
Pros
Eat with the individuals, great staff, great job support, good benefits
Cons
no salary advancement within your position
fast paced lifeatyle
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYOctober 3, 2017
The benifets are good pay was ok. Taking care of people and making friendships and building bonds was the best part. Depending on which house you work out the management was fair. Its also can be very stressful and demanding on your body as you are constantly lifting people.
Pros
bond building
Cons
when managment dont take care of wrong issues
Okay
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Silver Creek, NYOctober 2, 2017
This place is alright for college students, maybe someone looking for summer time employment. The house I was working at could use a little work as far as better management
Love working and making a difference with disabled inviduals
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYSeptember 17, 2017
If you want to feel better about yourself, help others.

It was a pleasure to help and assist someone who appreciates everything you do with just a smile.

Unfortunately, some individuals who had relatives that worked in management were not held accountable for their behaviors and it placed a bad taste in my mouth.

The first important consideration is the disabled individuals.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
No show employees repeatedly offending this policy.
Awesome Organization
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 12, 2017
The Organization promotes from within, believes in work life balance and has great communication with their employees. Encourages their employees to further the education, so they can have the opportunity for growth.
Fun loving place to work
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  4635 union rdAugust 7, 2017
Very professional
Nice place to work
Positive helping coworkers
I loved working here
Very comfortable working environment
Able to move up in your job position
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Paid evert 2 weeks
Rehabilitation Aide
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 27, 2017
Provided personal care to all clients within a group home setting. Must be able to also take clients on outings. Prepare meals and pass medications. Work with staff to update client's medical records.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
No breaks
Group Home Life!
Residential Hab. Aide (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 24, 2017
My guys became like family, i really grew with them! the staff was wonderful! They cared so mcuh about the guys that they trained new staff with love! all respect to the WHERLE HOUSE STAFF!
Worst experience!
Rehabilitation Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 30, 2017
I loved the residents and cared a lot about them. It was never them that was the problem or even the job, even though it was tough at times. It was how some of my coworkers treated the residents and were able to get away with it even when it was reported.

I like to think I'm a pretty nice and likable person but I was bullied quite a bit there by some coworkers and I have never had an experience like that before. It was terrible but I felt worse for the residents when they would call them names, so I reported that...needless to say things didn't improve for me there. Happy to be gone but often think about the residents and miss them.

Management did nothing about this because if they fired one person they know they will have to deal with the rest of the group that was left behind and I'm sure they didn't want to deal with that.
Pros
Awesome residents and rewarding
Cons
Hard work, very negative working environment
Dsp
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 13, 2017
Provide daily medication to some individuals with disabilities. Creativity is encourage when working at the sites to engage the individuals with disabilities in all projects.
Great provider of services for disabled
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 8, 2017
Duties were well defined, and very specific. Employee morale was quite low. Lack of communication from Upper Management was cause for employee frustration.
Over a decade
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I have worked at Aspire for over 10 years. I started out in a group home and worked throughout getting my bachelors degree to move up to service coordination. I love my job, my co workers, my supervisors and the individuals on my case load.
I can tell you that the agency is different between buffalo and Lakewood.
Pros
Clients, learning experiences
Cons
Continuous changes in OPWDD, rate of pay
good pplace to work able to pick up alot
DSP/ RML (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 3, 2017
as a DSP i did things just as did if i were taking care of my siblings cooking, cleaning, showering, all areas of care. As a RML i run med appointments, order meds, handle everything medical
Nothing but two lies and a truth
It was questionable what my job title was (Former Employee) –  7 Community Drive CheektowagaJanuary 2, 2017
My experience was not a good one. I found that the people I worked with in my department were nothing but bullies to me. Constantly demeaning me to the point of harassment. And my supervisor would down right lie to me on several occasions. Not a good experience.
Pros
Lots and lots of time off. But the pay is low so it is an incentive
Cons
If they didn't like you, they made if known by bulling you until you finally can't take it any longer and quit.
Job Coach - One on One Transitional Services
Job Coach/Individual Career Service (Current Employee) –  Buffalo NYDecember 31, 2016
Rewarding and learned to be patient and compassionate with all. There is plenty of paperwork if you do not mind computer work, it is a great poastion.
Shift is usually only 2 hrs per day and many days off due to school schedule
Pros
Work independently
I hate it!!
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2016
Worst company ever! Your better off working at McDonald's. We have to pass meds and do gtubes. Transport them on a wheelchair bus. Change them all day for a little bit of pocket change.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Low pay.
Awesome place to work, gained hands on experience assisting individuals with developmental disabilities
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYDecember 15, 2016
A typical day at work consist of Keeping accurate files and providing transportation to and from all daily activities. I learned management will go above and beyond for the employees.
Pros
Set scheduling and potential overtime, open door policy, benefits
less than average
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 11, 2016
My co workers are wonderful in an ever changing position. We are overwhelmed at times. Benefits are good but pay in not competitive to other agencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspire of WNY. Our community is ready to answer.