Aspire

Aspire Employer Reviews

Quiet and clam workplace because of all children with impaired disabilities
Housekeeper (Former Employee), West Seneca, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
clean and maintain all group homes I also learned that all disable children and adults very less supervision closed all facilities after cleaning. I work by myself my boss just instructed me on what to do. the hardest part was dealing with the disable children because they will easily attack you for no reason . The most loving part about the job was – more... working by myself – less
N/A
Garde Manger/Event Staff (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 28, 2014
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites
Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, – more... or other forms of contact information
Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Allegations of illegal activity - this is not a forum for reporting crimes
Enjoy writing your review! – less
No opportunity for growth
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good place to make extra money
Cons: no opportunity to grow professionally
Lack opportunities to grow with the company.
You receive good training from experiences managers and trainers.
Continuous training through out the year.
Safety oriented organizations.
Unprofessional
Direct Support Person/Activity Assistant (Former Employee), Bellwood, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: taking residents out.
Cons: not enough employees.
A typical day at work involves coming right in and starting our shifts as our patients need us as soon as we arrive. We check on all of our residents and assess what needs need to be met. I've learned time organization and management. With so many residents to care for, we had to use our time wisely. Some of the management worked well with employees – more... while others didn't. The main goal of this type of job is to work together. Teamwork is very important. Sometimes teamwork was enforced, other times it wasn't. The hardest part of the job is losing residents to sickness or old age. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents smile and enjoy themselves. – less
A subprogram of TriHealth Corporate Health
Wellness Coach (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2014
Love being a health coach!
Work with clients 1on1 to help achieve behavior change
Fun work atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
This is a volunteer position for an organization promoting my college. I was given many leadership opportunities and made sure to promote my school and to encourage prospective students to attend Pace University.
Job was very engaging with students
Youth Leader (Former Employee), South El Monte, CANovember 29, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
A typical day at work would be to show up an hour before we had to meet with the students. We prepped our work and materials we were going to use that day with the kids. Once we got our students we took them to our classrooms and had them read for a few minutes. Then after they read their books we took them to snack time and then returned to the classroom – more... to start their h.w. and was there to help them with work they might not fully understand. After an hour and a half of h.w. we took them for some recreational activities. Depending on the day they had different activities to pick from.
I learned that there are many ways to control children and have them complete the tasks they are required to. That it takes a bit more effort with younger kids than the older ones. The management was great and was very flexible. All my co-workers were very friendly and helped out a lot in the things I did not know how to do. The hardest part of the job was having to control all the 1st grade kids in the class and have them sit down quietly. Although that might have been the hardest part of the job it was also the most enjoyable and rewarding in the long run. Spending time with them was difficult, but what I enjoyed the most. – less
Job was very engaging with students
Substitute Youth Leader (Former Employee), South El Monte, CANovember 8, 2013
A typical day at work would be to get your students that were in your class in line. Take them to the classroom and let them read for a few minutes. Go to a snack break. Help them with their homework for about an hour or so and then recess at the end or a fun activity in the classroom depending on the weather.
I learned how to approach and help children – more... in various grades and how to control them. From grades 1-5.
My co-workers were very helpful and nice. They helped with the explanation of how the job runs and what I needed to learn to be good at it. The hardest part of the job was controlling the students. I had 1st graders. There was about 10 of them and were a handful at times and it took some patience to keep them under control.
The most enjoyable part was also with the kids. Although at times it was hard to control all of them it was nice seeing them happy with the different goals they accomplished and how the showed their appreciation towards their youth leader. – less
Good people, but unorganized
Assistant (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYOctober 14, 2013
They are renovating the building and the children were sent to new locations until it is finished. Everything is disorganized and chaotic. A typical day at work includes circle, changing, outside play, and lunch. The management can use some work. My coworkers are amazing workers, but more importantly, amazing people. The hardest part of the job is the – more... low pay rate. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving back to the children. – less
Fun and upbuilding workplace. Very organized and effecient
Student Worker (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALSeptember 26, 2013
A typical workday included coming in greeting people, signing in and delivering tests around campus. Every day, if no one was at the front desk, I would set there answering phone calls and directing/ helping interested students. I would schedule tests and deposit notes from the student note takers for disabled students. Other days I would file student – more... information. My co-workers are the best! They were all interactive and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students and delivering tests around campus, plus when we were not too busy, I could catch up on studying. The other workers there made coming to work awesome!! My availability was worked around my class schedule which made life much easier. – less
the company was ok,
Charge/Work Shop Nurse (Former Employee), Bellwood, ILSeptember 18, 2013
When management cares it makes a difference, not much to say
the most enjoyable part of my job
direct support staff (Current Employee), 1600 newland ave jamestown ny 14701August 14, 2013
I enjoy helping people excel to a better way of living in there day to day living
loved it
Case Manager (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJuly 5, 2013
great place to work. great experience. make your own hours, awesome management. good possibility to move up.
interesting
Manufacturing Engineer/Liaison Planner (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: breaks and lunch time are what had been agreed to by union contracts.
This was an interesting exercise in what to do and how it is done now.
fun place
training specialist (Former Employee), la grange ilMay 2, 2013
cooking cleaning and caring 4 resident lreaned how to work with a familh
It was a pretty exciting place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Hillside, ILMarch 20, 2013
Pros: inservices keep people up to date on new requirements, and bring your child to work day was fun
Cons: not all the people were nice
I loved Marsha, she was always nice to me, helpful and encouraging. The most enjoyinable part of the job was knowing you made a difference in peoples lives. I loved working in the classrooms there.
Freindly atmospere , nice people everywhere.Busy
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: got to see a lot of proformances
Cons: the job was only seasonal .
Busy ,Busy, Busy. I liked everything about this job.Management was very generous. The hardest part was,trying to get work, The most enjoyable part was , getting paid .
Familiar workplace
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Head office; MidtownOctober 25, 2012
Pros: too many breaks
Cons: long hours
1) The typical days at work are the days when I complete my responsibilities and duties perfectly.

2) I've learned to many communication skills with leaders and colleagues, and core technical skills in advance.

3) The management had many silent comments (depend on my own P.O.V) but it's still "management" with no obvious comment.

4)My co-workers – more... are the completely positive side.

5)The hardest part of the job is the long hours of continuous work tasks.

6)The most enjoyable part of the job; jokes laughs smiles... – less
Good working conditions. Opportunities for advancement
Casemanager/Weekend Supervisior (Former Employee), Westchester, ILSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: opportunity to improve skills.
Challeging but rewarding job. Clients were appreciative of the help they recieved.
A great place to work. Fun and helpful for people with disability.
At Home Services (Current Employee), Lakewood, NYSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: being your own boss when working at the individuals home.
Cons: the pay rate are not enough.
When working at a home, it is nice because you get to know the individuals better. You spend time with them, doing things for them. Letting them feel a part of something and doing all kinds of fun things with them. Taking them shopping, going out to eat, going to the movies, and even going to play games or watching games.

What i've learned while working – more... for this company is to get to really learn the individuals. I've learned a lot about them from their likes to dislikes. How to handle them when they are upset. What to do and what not to do.

Since i do at home services, i work by myself at the individuals home. But i do have other co-workers who do cover the homes at certain shifts. My co-workers are all very nice people and the individuals seem to like them. We get together at times, especially when we have staff meetings, and we get along very nicely. Whenever we have any questions or need help with anything, my co-workers are nice enough to give me their number in case if i have any questions or concern about anything.

The hardest part of the job is when the individuals do happen to have a behavioral problem. Every year, we are assigned to take a SCIP course so we know what to do when we do come to this circumstance. If we do happens to have to do a SCIP on the person, we will have to fill out a SCIP Report to let our supervisor know that this individual did indeed had a behavior and we did had to use SCIP on them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking the individuals out to the community doing all kinds of activities. – less

1 2 3