Aspirus Wausau Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Great place to work
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 26, 2016
Working in the Aspirus Organization is a great opportunity to advance and grow. The teamwork is great and the learning and collaborating of the team is excellent hands down.
Terrible place that will only disappoint
RN (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 25, 2016
Standard surgical scheduling, with a VERY poor central core supply area; more focused on ease for stockers than for surgery's urgent needs. No centrally located equipment room, so needing case-specific equipment can involve a lot of running as it's scattered all throughout the department. Management is at its poorest quality: POOR leadership, including favoritism and dishonesty, and passive-agressive personalities. More than half of the RNs and Techs have left in the past 18 months with no follow-up from higher up management. The best part of the job was the co-workers: fantastic group of people, but 80% of them have left this department, some have left the facility. Hardest part of the job: poor, unskilled leadership that does not support the staff, procrastination, no ownership, and supports favoritism. Most enjoyable part of the job: leaving (I found a better job, I was not fired.)
Pros
Nothing any longer
Cons
Terrible leadership
Great workplace.
Central Scheduling Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 29, 2016
Aspirus as a whole is growing at a rapid rate, which is great for job security. Very busy, management is resourceful and will do anything to help you succeed.
Zero Job Satisfaction
Technician (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 12, 2015
Pay is low. The management is poor and there is zero conflict resolution in the department. There is no personal responsibilities or goals for those of my title, and it is very obvious we are cogs on a wheel and not seen as worth anything more.
Very bottom line $$$ oriented, cares little about employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 19, 2015
Used to be a great place to work. Previously was employee oriented. Now it is all about $$$. Management does not care about employee morale, just culture, or being a workplace that prides itself on having a culture of safety; it is all dollars and profit. Strange for a non-profit facility!
Productive and strong atmosphere
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 14, 2015
Deliver trays to patients, take phone orders, wash dishes, keep work area clean always, cashier, stock food items, work with others at all times, very busy place to be.
Pros
Co workers were very fun to work with for the most part
Cons
management
Great Place to work
Physician Connect Triage Team Lead-RN (Former Employee) –  WausauAugust 4, 2015
Aspirus has a unique and inviting culture for staff across the board. There is a strong emphasis on empowerment and team work. I have witnessed the CEO walking a patient visitor to the correct destination and I have also seen a housekeeper grab a code cart in an emergency. I had worked a couple different hospitals prior to this and none of them compare.

Good benefits, competitive wages, investment in employees for advancement.
co workers
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  wausau,wiJuly 20, 2015
The people I work with are great as they are friendly and everyone will always be ready to pitch in and help out if you are backed up from vacation for example.....If we have a question we ask and sometimes we all discuss the best result for the answer... we all can work alone but also with others
Pros
job security, allows to make appts when necessary
Cons
would like more holidays
Great Internship
Health Care Business Service Internship (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 8, 2015
I did an internship here of about two months. They worked well with me to cover most of the degree that I was working towards. Working in several different departments gave me a good look at the hospital and it was a really well run and friendly place.
Pros
Friendly People great instruction.
Cons
It had to end really missed going there.
Productive and everyone is a team player
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau WIJune 4, 2015
It is a very fast paced work environment. I have learned so much in the 9 years that I have been there. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new. The best part about my job is my co-workers and we all work as a team.
Pros
flexible with my schedule
Cons
not enough staffed
I'm rated as very productive by my team leaders
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 26, 2015
We are expected to meet certain goals which I meet and go beyond weekly; on a average day I answer at least twenty phone calls
Not an enviroment I expected
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 14, 2015
Typical day is having to many patients to provide proper care for. The staffing is an issue everyday. Running around like a chicken with no head d/t the lack of staff and the extreme acuity of patients. This is everyday, not just a few times a month.
Management tells you what they know you want to hear.
Co-workers would stab you in the back to save themselves.
Pros
making a differnce in the patients I care for
Cons
No lunch breaks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 7, 2015
Working at the hospital is very fast paced. Things are always changing. The most enjoyable part of my day was when a patient was ready to be discharged. I enjoy helping people and seeing them get better and be able to go home.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Long drive
My review of Aspirus
Health Unit Coordinator/CNA (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 31, 2015
Aspirus has good benefits, co-workers and environment. However they need to promote from within more than they do. They provide a great deal of training in house or you may attend school. Aspirus is very supportive of further education.
Pros
good benefits, good employees
Cons
does not promote well from within
Patient oriented
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 9, 2014
Strong customer service culture
Central Wisconsin trauma center
Excellent physician staff
Magnet Hospital
over promise and under perform
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 25, 2014
I was excited to start working at Aspirus in the food service department, however they promised a lot of things and didn't follow through on any of them. I was told I would be doing a completely different job than I was trained in on, and when asked, they said they would eventually train me in what they hired me as. EXTREMELY understaffed everyday and they change schedules and hours on the drop of a hat without telling you of the changes or asking if the changes are going to work. There are many problems that need to be addressed in the department, and the managers seem oblivious to them, and when you bring up some solutions, they are very condescending and rude. Of the 5 people that were hired at the time of my hire, I am the only one that lasted more than 3 working days, and have been looking for other employment since the first week.
Pros
good retirement plan if you stay there long enough
Healthcare
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 18, 2014
Evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders.
Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques.
Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to manage patient care.
Actively participate in codes, rapid responses and traumas.
Provide high quality patient care in all areas including intensive care and emergency department.
lots of challenges both adult and peds patient,excellent team work
Registered Nurse staff and CPR/PALS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 10, 2014
typical day of work RN have 4-5 patients and make patient comfortable during bedside report and patient participates in plan of care .RN pass meds,IV and IVPB ,dress wounds if any and educate patient about his /her illness.Excellent team work, among co staff,The hardest part of the day is when RN takes care of adult and peds at the same time,each patient has different needs.
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 1, 2014
I feel Wausau hospital is an excellent place to work. I have excellent benefits and opportunities there. I was encouraged to become certified in my specialty and a group of ten of us wrote for the exam together. I work with very caring and knowledgeable nurses.
Wausau Hospital is a Magnet certified.
Great atmosphere and really kind and carring employees
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 8, 2014
I learned a lot and made a lot of new friends. I enjoyed learning about infection control and working with the different coding and illnesses involved with the coding from physicians. It was an exciting atmosphere
Pros
people and patients
Cons
weekend only position

Aspirus Wausau Hospital Reviews by Location