Aspirus Wausau Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Very bottom line $$$ oriented, cares little about employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 19, 2015
Used to be a great place to work. Previously was employee oriented. Now it is all about $$$. Management does not care about employee morale, just culture, or being a workplace that prides itself on having a culture of safety; it is all dollars and profit. Strange for a non-profit facility!
Great workplace.
Central Scheduling Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 29, 2016
Aspirus as a whole is growing at a rapid rate, which is great for job security. Very busy, management is resourceful and will do anything to help you succeed.
Great Place to work
Physician Connect Triage Team Lead-RN (Former Employee) –  WausauAugust 4, 2015
Aspirus has a unique and inviting culture for staff across the board. There is a strong emphasis on empowerment and team work. I have witnessed the CEO walking a patient visitor to the correct destination and I have also seen a housekeeper grab a code cart in an emergency. I had worked a couple different hospitals prior to this and none of them compare.

Good benefits, competitive wages, investment in employees for advancement.
Productive and strong atmosphere
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 14, 2015
Deliver trays to patients, take phone orders, wash dishes, keep work area clean always, cashier, stock food items, work with others at all times, very busy place to be.
Pros
Co workers were very fun to work with for the most part
Cons
management
co workers
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  wausau,wiJuly 20, 2015
The people I work with are great as they are friendly and everyone will always be ready to pitch in and help out if you are backed up from vacation for example.....If we have a question we ask and sometimes we all discuss the best result for the answer... we all can work alone but also with others
Pros
job security, allows to make appts when necessary
Cons
would like more holidays
Great Internship
Health Care Business Service Internship (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 8, 2015
I did an internship here of about two months. They worked well with me to cover most of the degree that I was working towards. Working in several different departments gave me a good look at the hospital and it was a really well run and friendly place.
Pros
Friendly People great instruction.
Cons
It had to end really missed going there.
Productive and everyone is a team player
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau WIJune 4, 2015
It is a very fast paced work environment. I have learned so much in the 9 years that I have been there. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new. The best part about my job is my co-workers and we all work as a team.
Pros
flexible with my schedule
Cons
not enough staffed
Not an enviroment I expected
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 14, 2015
Typical day is having to many patients to provide proper care for. The staffing is an issue everyday. Running around like a chicken with no head d/t the lack of staff and the extreme acuity of patients. This is everyday, not just a few times a month.
Management tells you what they know you want to hear.
Co-workers would stab you in the back to save themselves.
Pros
making a differnce in the patients I care for
Cons
No lunch breaks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 7, 2015
Working at the hospital is very fast paced. Things are always changing. The most enjoyable part of my day was when a patient was ready to be discharged. I enjoy helping people and seeing them get better and be able to go home.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Long drive
My review of Aspirus
Health Unit Coordinator/CNA (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 31, 2015
Aspirus has good benefits, co-workers and environment. However they need to promote from within more than they do. They provide a great deal of training in house or you may attend school. Aspirus is very supportive of further education.
Pros
good benefits, good employees
Cons
does not promote well from within
I'm rated as very productive by my team leaders
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 26, 2015
We are expected to meet certain goals which I meet and go beyond weekly; on a average day I answer at least twenty phone calls
Healthcare
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 18, 2014
Evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders.
Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques.
Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to manage patient care.
Actively participate in codes, rapid responses and traumas.
Provide high quality patient care in all areas including intensive care and emergency department.
lots of challenges both adult and peds patient,excellent team work
Registered Nurse staff and CPR/PALS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 10, 2014
typical day of work RN have 4-5 patients and make patient comfortable during bedside report and patient participates in plan of care .RN pass meds,IV and IVPB ,dress wounds if any and educate patient about his /her illness.Excellent team work, among co staff,The hardest part of the day is when RN takes care of adult and peds at the same time,each patient has different needs.
over promise and under perform
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 25, 2014
I was excited to start working at Aspirus in the food service department, however they promised a lot of things and didn't follow through on any of them. I was told I would be doing a completely different job than I was trained in on, and when asked, they said they would eventually train me in what they hired me as. EXTREMELY understaffed everyday and they change schedules and hours on the drop of a hat without telling you of the changes or asking if the changes are going to work. There are many problems that need to be addressed in the department, and the managers seem oblivious to them, and when you bring up some solutions, they are very condescending and rude. Of the 5 people that were hired at the time of my hire, I am the only one that lasted more than 3 working days, and have been looking for other employment since the first week.
Pros
good retirement plan if you stay there long enough
Aspirus is a leading healthcare facility in Central Wisconsin and is always looking to advance care and quality to the populations they serve.
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WisconsinJuly 3, 2013
The most important lesson learned from my position in the emergency room is the importance of team work. My co workers went above and beyond to help one another accoomplish what was needed. There was no typical day in the emergency room and I learned to triage utilizing the ESI scale to improve quality care to patients.
Pros
my co workers.
Cons
when we did not have enough staff during a shift to provide the best care possible.
I worked in a fast paced primary care ICU.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 23, 2013
This job was exciting, fast paced and educational. I learned true hemodynamic monitoring of cardiac procedures including open heart, and of open cranial surgeries and monitoring. I was ACLS certified and frequently managed a code situation. There are so many heart wrenching memories of this work. My husband past away while I worked in this unit. The ongoing stress made it difficult for me to continue with this type of work.
Pros
exciting, fast paced, required fast and accurate decision making. i really enjoyed this type of work.
Cons
easy burn out. long hours, required overtime
great place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 10, 2012
A patient would come in and I would help admit them. Take their vitals, weight and make sure they were comfortable. We would have patients come in and you would get to know the most amazing people and their stories. The management was great. My co-woorkers were awesome. In a setting like that you have to work as a team, there is no I. The hardest paart is if a patient would pass away. The enjoyable part is when a patient comes in and appreciates
how well they were takin care of and appreciates our work.
Pros
the satisfaction you recieve from a patient.
Cons
when life takes a patient
This is an incredible place to work. Standards are high so if you can make it here you can work anywhere.
Respiratory Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 24, 2013
Fast paced, energetic work, variety patient load.
Staff member are willing and knowledgeable to instruct where needed
Management is extremely helpful and considerate.
Co-workers are enthusiastic and incredibly knowledgeable and hold themselves and others to high standards.
The hardest part of the job is time management verses patient care.
I enjoy patient care and helping people to become healthier.
Pros
plenty of work
Life saving procedures being performed each day is a very positive experience to be around
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 10, 2012
Aspirus Wausau Hospital has a lot of good qualities, such as saving lives and being on the modern edge of advancements in the medical field. Patient care at Aspirus seemed to lack in a lot of different departments.
Pros
able to witness what it's like to save lives every day
Cons
patient care was not a top priority
I love my job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 6, 2012
My job is unpredictable and I love that. My co-workers and I get along great and are always there for each other when needed. The most difficult part of my job is switching roles in potentially dangerous situations. Most enjoyable part of it is knowing I do great work and being appreciated and recognized for it.
Pros
pto accural rate is nice
Cons
uniform expense