Aspirus Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Think twice...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 17, 2016
Standard surgical scheduling, with a VERY poor central core supply area; more focused on ease for stockers than for surgery's urgent needs. No centrally located equipment room, so needing case-specific equipment can involve a lot of running as it's scattered all throughout the department. Management is at its poorest quality: POOR leadership, including favoritism and dishonesty, and passive-agressive personalities. More than half of the RNs and Techs have left in the past 18 months with no follow-up from higher up management. The best part of the job was the co-workers: fantastic group of people, but 80% of them have left this department, some have left the facility. Hardest part of the job: poor, unskilled leadership that does not support the staff, procrastination, no ownership, and supports favoritism. Most enjoyable part of the job: leaving (I found a better job, I was not fired.)
Pros
Great co-workers
Productive and professional organization
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIMay 13, 2016
The opportunities are endless., With knowable well mannered staff that are eager to please their patients with excellent patient care no matter the age.
Pros
The abilitiy to learn about all the changes in healthcare.
Cons
I did not find anthing I did not like about Aspirus Family Practice
A place where you can bring your loved one to live and truely know that they will be taken proper care of. Amazing, caring staff.
VNA Extended Care Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverview Terrace Assisted LivingSeptember 11, 2015
Aspirus is an amazing company to work for and with.
My days start with a smile and a "Good morning!" I love greeting my residents everyday and being able to put the first smile of their day on their faces. This is the best part of my whole day!
The hardest thing about my current job is when one of my residents need to move to a 24 hour care facility or passes away. We're one big happy family and it's very sad when one of them has to leave our "happy home." My co-workers are hard working, caring, compassionate ladies, who take pride in the services we offer our residents.
Pros
Excellent Benifits
Cons
Working weekends
stuck up employees and terrible pay
Aide (Former Employee) –  Medford, WiDecember 15, 2014
Most of the higher up co-workers don't smile or ever say hi or good morning in passing in the hallways, insurance plans are expensive, not very understanding about sick family, co-workers tattle on each other constantly, pay is pretty pathetic, not much in the manner of team work.
Horrible management/ clicky
CNA (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 19, 2014
I loved helping the patients and I loved my job IF it wasn't for the management (who did nothing for you) and the clicky people that work there (nurses especially). Most of the nurses treat the CNA's like garbage. They think you are their own personal slave. It doesn't matter if you are short staffed, if you can't be in 5 different places at once you will hear about it. I had a nurse scream at me IN FRONT OF A PATIENT!!! All because I could only go for a walk with her once because I was the only CNA on the unit and had 3 VERY sick patients that I had to constantly be in by to clean up, on top of the 14 other patients. If you aren't in a "click" you are talked about and treated poorly. It doesn't matter if you're a good worker or not. The management always sticks up for the nurses, most of them are friends. It's very sad, this could be an awesome place to work if it didn't feel like you were back in junior high. Some of the nurses are just there to hit on the doctors.
Pros
the patients
Cons
clicks, management, junior high atmosphere
Challenging work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WausauMay 24, 2014
Worked in Wausau hospital. Found the work to be extremely difficult due to poor management - favoritism was very evident, high turn-over rate, poor morale. Many nurses in that department suffering from stress-related illnesses. Within 6 months of leaving, came into contact with 5 other nurses who left for similar reasons.
Pros
nice physical environment
Cons
high stress, poor employee morale.
Loved the Clients
Refund Processor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 25, 2014
I loved refunding people money and making their day a little brighter.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
biased and lots of drama
Rewarding
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 17, 2014
If you like meeting new people and just helping them out with some of the simplest of tasks, this job is very easy and fun. They compensated me for drive miles and times in between clients but I got tired of having to work my weekends both mornings and evenings with a four hour split in the middle. The pay is decent for what you have to do but it could be a little better. Ultimately, they are very easy to work for and want to make sure things are clear for you as to how to deal with clients. I still think about some of my clients and hope they are being taken care of well.
enjoyable working with the elderly and disabled
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 14, 2013
Was a wonderful company to work for, had become a cna and wanted to work more with the individuals themselves rather than cleaning houses and other chores.
Pros
wonderful company to work for.
Cons
not much hand on availiable
Phenomenal Clinical Laboratory Internship experience
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Intern (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 4, 2013
Provides high quality educational experiences in Clinical Laboratory Science.

Staff is very knowledgeable and fantastic mentors
Productive and fun place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 13, 2013
I would travel from place to place that was great because it was like

being your own boss. You had no one looking over your shoulder.

Once you got to your place of work you did what the patient needed.

You were in total control and that gave you a lot of responsibility.

I learned how to manage my time better and how to be efficient.

The managers were great educators and fun to work with.
productive, and rewarding
Environmental Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 25, 2012
working in assigned areas of the hospital, cleaning,chatting with the patients while cleaning and disinfecting their rooms,cleaning rooms after discharge.
how to stay safe and protected from germs
management was helpful when needed
co-workers assisted when needed
The job was fast paced, but was rewarding
the most enjoyable part of the job was when a patient gave a thank you