Aspirus Employee Reviews

Poor Management!!!!
EVS Aide (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 20, 2017
Very Poor Management, the rooms are not clean! Horrible management!!!! I would never stay in those rooms! People clean with one rag per room, they mop the bathroom then go mop the rest of the room
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not clean
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 18, 2017
I started my nursing career out at Aspirus and am so thankful for the solid foundation that they gave me. I was in their Nurse Residency Program for new grads and I always felt supported. The physicians and caregivers at Aspirus are exceptional and you can feel it in the care that they bestow upon each and every patient.
Pros
Excellent compensation, free meals on holidays, great atmosphere
Aspirus Wausau Hospital was 300 bed facility with reception of the Magnet Award in 2005
RN in Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 13, 2017
The last 15 years of my work at Aspirus was in the outpatient surgery department called Day Surgery. I had management responsibility for 7 years. At the end of my employment there I had frequent charge nurse responsibility and department preceptor/educator responsibility. The management there was outstanding. Opportunity to advance was always available.
Pros
Great management and a place to learn and improve hands on skills
Cons
I can't think of one. I departed because I married and moved to Brainerd Minnesota.
Caring clinic staff that always put patients first
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, WIJune 29, 2017
Loved the people I worked with and our patient base. It was a great place to work.I had the opportunity to learn many different areas of the business from billing and coding to scheduling and referrals.
Pros
staff
Cons
regional management
Great place for students considering a career in health care
DIETARY AIDE II (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 15, 2017
I had the privilege to work for Aspirus for two years as a Dietary Aide. My job duties involved preparing meals, and serving & assisting hospital patients at meal times. The overall culture at Aspirus was positive and enjoyable. As a full time student, they were flexible in accommodating my class schedule. Most importantly, however, I was exposed to the world of patient health care, which only strengthened my passion for medicine. I am grateful to have been a part of the Aspirus organization for this reason.
Pros
Great organization, quality hours & pay scale, patient contact
Cons
High turnover rate, poor department management
Poor Work Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 14, 2017
Aspirus does not have competitive pay, and all departments seem as if they're putting too much on employees. Turnover is high in nursing, housekeeping, pharmacy, the kitchen, CNA's and respiratory therapy. They take away benefits and vacation from loyal employees claiming it's part of the unification. There's a lot of drama and not a proper healthcare culture where errors are seen as blame and fault instead of learning experiences as they should be. Not a place I enjoyed working. Insurance prices have also soared up, despite the fact it's a hospital.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Drama, low pay, high cost of health plan.
Aspirus does NOT have compassion and excellence for their staff.
CMA (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WI and Medford, WIFebruary 13, 2017
Constantly short staffed. Expected CMA's to do a nurses job, sometimes at the same time due to nurse shortage. Very poor management. Staff seemed unhappy and stressed out. Lack off compassion from upper management to the staff. The pay should be more for what is all expected. I would not recommend Aspirus for employment.
Pros
Cons
Never got breaks, even in 12 hour shifts, poor management
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 12, 2017
Management is different in every department. Some are good and some are not qualified to do their job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the politics and management. Otherwise, the job itself is very rewarding.
Very nice place to work
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 4, 2017
Everyday was a different day. Very positive atmosphere to grow your career in if you chose to. Never any bad days, just days that are better than others. I learned a tremendous amount about IT as well as the Nurse call that the nurses use day to day, which I administered.
Fair pay
Radiology procedure Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 20, 2017
i have worked for 10 years at Aspirus. Many things have changed. There has been staffing shortages which affects all employees. Some staff have moved on for better jobs, some employees moved and some needed a change.
Pros
Have met many nice people
Cons
Short staffed
Management is a joke
EVS Aide (Current Employee) –  EVSJanuary 11, 2017
Favoritism, harassment, management is very unprofessional, they single people out, big overturn, new faces all the time.
When rooms become a high priority they exspect you to clean what normally takes 45 plus minutes in 15 minutes, how well do you think some of those rooms get sanitized
Pros
Most co-workers
Stressfull
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 2, 2017
Worked there as a CNA when I was a student in high school through a program my high school. The area I was placed, there was some miscommunication or lack there of of the necessary steps required to complete the program in full.
Very nice place to work but the Admission Specialist position was not for me
Admission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, WIDecember 20, 2016
I had a difficult time scheduling the different types of medical appointments for each doctor and specialist. With concerns about learning the many aspects of the job I decided to retire.
Pros
Very friendly and enjoyable place to work
Cons
Numerous areas of the position that was needed to learn
Disrespectful management/lots of drama/poor morale
Insurance Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 3, 2016
I worked in patient registration & then insurance verification/authorizations & things were pretty good the first couple years I was there but then they had a management restructuring earlier this year & everything went downhill. We were looked down upon & were treated very poorly & disrespectfully by the new management. In turn, it created very poor morale, negativity, lots of drama, & extreme stress.
I loved the job itself & my co-workers, just wish that management had never restructured.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lots or drama, poor morale due to management
Great hospital and team mates, on top of upcoming Epic advancements
Epic Ambulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 16, 2016
Great hospital and team mates, on top of upcoming Epic advancements. Providers very involved in changes and optimization which is a huge bonus.
Nice place to work for the past 10 years.
Educational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 8, 2016
Coordinate multiple projects on an ongoing basis. Interaction with staff on many levels and community leaders.
Enjoyed working in the E. R.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 6, 2016
A day working was cleaning bathrooms, offices, patient rooms and the emergency room. Management in housekeeping Dept. needs work. Most co-workers are friendly. I enjoyed the emergency room people they are awesome.
Pros
Seeing the ER people everyday.
Cons
Dealing with our disrespectful managers.
A very rewarding job.
Personal care worker (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 28, 2016
A typical day starts with am rounds to the residents. Take care of morning tasks per resident. Clean two rooms a day and do two laundries a day. Make sure medications are taken. Also hygiene is taken care of. serve lunch. Record any changes with the residents.
I learn everyday something new. Management does not use common sense with certain tasks. The hardest part is saying goodbye. The most enjoyable is how I can put a smileon their face and lighten their day.
Pros
Emotional reward
Cons
a lot of walking, 7miles a day.
Secure Growing Company
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 13, 2016
Aspirus is an expanding healthcare system in north central Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan. Aspirus places high value on employee satisfaction with competitive salaries and benefits.
Pros
Expanding company, good benefits
Good place to work with an every changing environment
Registered Nurse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 15, 2016
Each day I come to work and see what surgeries have been added on then I work closely with the charge RN to get rooms open and ready for surgery.
During the day I adapt to change depending how each surgery goes and any add on cases.
There is something I learn new every day with all the new technology and every changing surgeries.
The hardest part of my job is not having enough staff some days to get some cases covered but we work to over come this and ask people to come in on there day off.

I really enjoy working with my co-workers and my patient contact.
Pros
enjoy my job and the people I work with
Cons
work life balance was difficult to manage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspirus. Our community is ready to answer.