Asplundh Tree Expert Co. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good Job
Forman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mariposa, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoyed the scenery of working outdoors in the mountains. I was able to travel and was paid podium for food and housing when out of town. Safety training was very sufficient and consistent.
Pros
good pay, and travel
Cons
working in terrible weather
Productive hard work.
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2017
You never know what a typical day at Asplundh will be like. Every day is a new challenge. No day is the same as the other. Working for Asplundh I have learned a new level of working safely considering I work around power lines all day. I learned how to safely cut down trees without damaging power lines or someone's property. The management at Asplundh could be a little better. Our General Foreman doesn't always get us the tools we need. I love the co-workers I have. They are all smart and intelligent people and have good senses of humor. The hardest part of my job I trying to trim a tree that is grown up into the power lines. Its very dangerous. One wrong move and it could kill you.
Pros
The pay and benefits.
Cons
Being away from home.
A fun learning experince
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 30, 2015
During my job at this place was that it may sounds easy when one says cutting tree branches away from the power lines but it takes thinking and patients on how to cut the branches so it wont fall on top of the electrical lines. I learned how to use a rope to tie on to a tree and pull myself up, how to use a chainsaw while hanging and depending on the rope to hold me. We worked in all type of weather so you would have to block that and focus on what you had to do. the fun part was facing my fear, heights. After being there for some time my fear went away and I climbed tall trees like a monkey. the down side to the job were benefits, we had no benefits so we had to be careful no to get hurt on the job.
Pros
weekends off
Benefits
steady pace, good pay, feeling of accomplishment
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Glynn County GaApril 7, 2015
a typical day would start of driving to the trucks and doing a safety meeting and daily duties meeting.
check your truck and other machines for gas and oil and any other necessities to make it work properly.
let your forman know your ready then drive to worksite by 0700 hours.
Co-workers are usually hard working men in this line of work but sometimes u gotta pick up slack.
the most difficult part is probably the weather conditions, heat in summer, and winters are cold... its outside work so dress accordingly and hydrate always hydrate.
the best part by far is the fact that your outside and its fast pace so time flies.
Pros
scenery and laidback attitudes make it nice to work.
Cons
heat and exhaustion...
Productive and Fun workplace
Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 18, 2014
Co-workers were team players.
Managers and Executives treated assistants well.
Enjoyed working there because we were one big happy family working together to get the job done.
enjoy working outside
groundsman (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 3, 2014
running bob cats operating chainsaws learned how run ropes had a great boss all the crew members i worked with were all down to earth the job required a lot of lifting
Pros
outside work some travel
Cons
hard too get health ins.
No employee perks
Administrative Agent (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJune 23, 2013
Checking email for reports that need to be completed, completing reports due for that day, answering phone calls from employees, creditors and attorneys, trying to maintain sense of professionalism when that quality is basically missing from department (this is hardest part of job) best part of job is when successfully complete a new project or computer report - lack of confidentially and professionalism on part of department management...
Pros
proximity to home
Cons
gossip, favoritism and micro manageing
productive, fast paced, and very safety driven work envrionment
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 24, 2013
during a normal work day we trim any where from 10 to 20 spans of power line.
I have learned about the dangers of a line that is energized and how to work around them safely.
All my co-workers are very down to earth and willing to help each other out to get the job done as quickly and safely as possible.
the hardest part of the job is that the goals they set for us are not very realistic.
what i enjoy most about my job is that i am able to work outside.
Pros
working outside
Cons
poor management and unrealistic work goals
Demanding and rewarding work place
TRIMMER B (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSSeptember 5, 2012
A typical day at work would include trimming trees, chipping brush, dragging brush, and setting up a job site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asplundh Tree Expert Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8