Asplundh Tree Expert Co Employee Reviews in United States

Worst tree company that intentionally butchers trees to slowly kill them
Lead climber, trimmer (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTMarch 19, 2016
Possibly the worst place I've ever worked. With the exception of the rare few, all the foremen and general foremen are uneducated short tempered high school drop outs who have no business being involved in the care of trees. With commutes, expect to spend an average of 14 hours a day working or commuting and keep in mind only 9 hours are paid. Benefits are terrible and their provider will retract payments resulting in you footing the bill should a health crisis arise. Lastly, being shot at for trespassing is potentially an everyday occurrence.
Pros
Cons
Management, benefits, commute, wages, moral, training, management knowledge of the field
My review
Aerial Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 13, 2015
Promotes and maintains good customer and public relations through the effective execution of assigned work and safety practices within the work environment.
Great Place to Work
Billing Technician (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PASeptember 23, 2015
Asplundh is a great placed to be. They offer great insurance and have great employees. I love doing my job, Billing Specialist. I am able to multitask, and be apart of a great customer service orientated profession. I am able to handle stressful deadlines and have gained a renewed commitment to getting things done by being apart of a team driven environment. I would recommend anyone to have the same experiences that i have gained by being an employee here. The commute has proven to be a challenge for me and now I must turn my attentions closer to home.
Pros
Kind and professional employees
Cons
Traveled out of State
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2015
This company was a good place to work. Coworkers were friendly and respectful. The work environment was also good. I would recommend working for this company.
Extremely hard and sometimes dangerous work.
Crew foreman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2015
Extremely hard and hazardous work working around high voltage power lines. Working in all types of weather conditions. Sometimes working at night under extremely dangerous working conditions. Difficult managers who were hard to get along with. Dangerous work working with power saws and working at extreme heights.
Pros
Good overtime pay.
Cons
Extremely hazardous work.
Asplundh Tree Expert Co.
Corporate Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willow grove, PAJune 3, 2015
Great company to work for. Employees are appreciated and there is always room for advancement. The tuition reimbursement program is the best I've seen.
Tree Removal
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 26, 2015
Tree Removal is fairly straight forward. A good few guys around to work with. Safety is always the way to go. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere most if not all of your day. Breaks are a good little pause throughout the day.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
No reimbursement for travel, No flexibility
good co-workers. terrible management
Groundperson (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 25, 2015
The work is very physically demanding and dangerous as you are working on rough terrain around power lines in all kinds of weather. The company claims safety first but production is far more important to them. They do not like to give advancement opportunities unless you are related or close to upper management. The pay is not worth the work that is required of you. Lots of people using drugs on the job. probably best to avoid this company unless you know upper management. One of the pros of the job was working with some great co-workers and being outside. Sadly that is where the pros end.
Pros
outside work, working with some great co-workers
Cons
low pay
A very physically and mentally demanding job.
C Class Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work with Asplundh would be working with your hands, lifting heavy pieces of wood, using chainsaws and if you were on the right truck you would be trained to climb and trim trees. A few of the things I learned with this company was that to have a successful work atmosphere you must have a strong drive to stay busy and focused on your task at hand. Management was a different story I do not believe the GM had the best taste in people he/she chose when selecting forepersons (supervisors). Almost every employee I worked with were good honest people, no complaints there. The hardest part of the job was knowing exactly what you as an individual employee was to be doing at any given time of day, and also the fact that everyone liked to take charge on there own free will. This made for a confusing work place. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact I was outside and the responsibilities that we had as 'Tree Experts', I say this because we work hand and hand with a.e.p. to resolve power outage problems.
working with the public
Foreman/Work Planner (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 18, 2015
i liked the job it was close to home and i got to meet new people everyday and ability to train new emp[loyees of the proper guidelines
Pros
the interaction with new people
Cons
management
Overworked and underpaid.
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 31, 2015
Typical day starts at 6:30, ends at 5. You work in life threatening situations constantly for 13.50/ hour. Everyone who works there is really fun for the most part. There are some with bad attitudes, but you just work past them. It's nice to work outside when it's warm, but those cold days can be rough. Management is TERRIBLE. You are constantly being told that it will get better (pay, location, work, promotions) - but it never does. They just want to keep you at where you start so that they can increase the gap between what they pay you and what they're charging the utility company for you!
Pros
breaks, good co-workers
Cons
bad pay rates, hard work
Great way to stay in shape
Herbicide crew (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 22, 2014
It was a good company but as a groundman you were always on the chopping block.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
no job security
Tree trimming.
Groundman (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALDecember 18, 2014
Out of town the majority of the time poor pay and health benefits.
Fast pace
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 29, 2014
Good place to work. They give you the proper training and assist you in learning all safety procedures and protocall. Fast paced so the work day goes fast. Requires thorough knowledge and training to be successful. Not being able to keep up could end in losing the job.
benefits
Cons
easy to lose your job.
Not good at ALL.
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 7, 2014
Make sure this is the job you would like to go in before making any commitments.
Pros
monday-thurday working period.
Cons
bad compensation and benefits. ect.
boring place to work
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 3, 2014
I didn't really like it. Nobody really talked to each other like they should, they would scream like they were crazy. management sucked. hardest part was pickin up big huge branches. best part was when i would get off.
Pros
hr lunch and 4 breaks a day
Cons
hr drive to location everyday
this job helps the utility keep electricity flowing safely to all people
forestry foreman (Current Employee) –  WIMay 15, 2014
a typical day at work is trimming trees around power lines and communicating with the public cleaning up all debris from our work procedures
Pros
fair pay with a pension plan and medical plan
Cons
very long travel getting to job locations which are not compensated
Hard work
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2014
Long day in the woods .

I learnd how to work as a big team .

the hardest part of it was be around spiders, snakes.
Hard work and even harder work environment
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 30, 2014
A typical day is walking 3 to 5 miles with heavy equipment, not to mention cuts and bruises from tree limbs and sticks. Its a very physical job and takes quite a toll on the body. Management is good and co-workers are as well. Hardest part of the job besides the physical punishment is the weather conditions. You must work in all types of weather for this job and is the biggest reason Im looking for other work.
Pros
good pay and simple work
Cons
weather and physicallity
when the work is done
climbing trimming bucket opprater (Former Employee) –  williamson wvFebruary 26, 2014
getting are work done and thin haveing time to learn like my knots with my rope and the hardest part of my day was packing a saw to the top of a ridge and the enjoyble part of myy day was going home after a hard days work