Asplundh

Asplundh Employee Reviews

Top tree company in the world
Foreman (Former Employee), MaineJune 25, 2015
Pros: Biggest tree company in the world
Good company to work for. This is where I learned the job of utility line clearance. They keep some of the best equipment in the field and make sure you have the tools to work with. I had a hard butt back in the day train me and am thankful for it because he was very safety oriented and got me where I am today in this profession.
Contracting Tree Work For Power Companys
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSApril 15, 2015
Poor place and company to work for in the south. The northern states have union and pay and benefits are better. Very demanding on your body for low pay. Management is very hard to get along with also.
In charge of daily line clearance operations for utility company
General Foreman (Current Employee), Cambridge, OHMarch 25, 2015
Good company to work for but pay and benefits should be better given experience and skill level. 14-16 hours days to make 10. I have my own pickup, profit sharing & benefits
my time at Asplundh
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Elkins, WVFebruary 26, 2015
I loved working with this company. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I loved the work I did there and the people I worked with.
Asplundh
Groundsman Tree-Trimmer (Former Employee), Maggie Valley, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: almost 50 to 60 hour weeks sometimes
While working at Asplundh I had a unique experience opportunity to use my skills include clearing brush and grinding. I have worked in the woods for many years before this. I showcase my skills that also include thinking skills to do the job quickly, safely, and without making a mess. We accomplished everything that was needed for what our area needed which had massive damage to the roads and driveways. If I had the chance to work with them again, I would take it.
Fast paced
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2015
Never a slow moment, always had something to do, great people and great atmosphere, great management and good day to day planning.
Day at work!!
Chipper Operator (Former Employee), North Wilkesboro, NCDecember 26, 2014
Pros: getting $1000 bonus after 90 days
Cons: not getting paid for travel
I would start my day at 4am and travel to my work site sometimes I would get to my detestation at 6:30am sometimes 7am. I would drive around until I met my marker on the tree get the brush from the tree and chip it. I learned how to run and work the chipper and also all the safety precautions needed for the job. My co-workers were such enjoyment we did our work but yet got to pick and play. The hardest part of this job for me would be transporting the brush my hand to the chipper. The most enjoyable part would be the traveling.
worked here for 3 mths.lied every day.
Powerline (Former Employee), N.CDecember 18, 2014
Cons: every thing
Their told us about pay,vactons,Inc they were going pay,bouns that they did not give ,vacation never happened, med Inc gone,work locate ing never happened. NEVER WORK FOR THIS PEOPLE.
As close to slave labor as it gets
Groundsman (Former Employee), arkansasNovember 3, 2014
Pros: you get a paycheck
Cons: you will be the scum of the earth
I worked monday through thursday and stayed in a hotel during this time. They do not allow you to drink alcohol or energy drinks during the whole time. That threw up a red flag for me.

Pay is extremely low and for 10 an hour you will work somedays harder than 99% of the population has ever worked. Your arms will be cut up from gathering trees. You will be tired and they will tell you to work harder.

Very unsafe place to work. Not only are the work conditions extremely hazardous but the people who drive their vehicles are a bunch of idiots.

Management is poor and benefits are non existent. .
productive
FOREMAN (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYNovember 1, 2014
maintain safe work aera be productive clear powerlines of dubree cut timber work safley spray chemical
ran my own crew make sure everyone is safe and working safe teach a safe work ethic done all the
paperwork..Time sheets etc.
Groundsman (Former Employee), Farmville, VASeptember 30, 2014
Very productive workplace. A typical day at work included setting up job sites, doing that job, taking lunch break, moving to another job site, doing that job, and heading home.
good work place
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee), Atoka, OKSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: always got a full week in!
Cons: long breaks
i liked the job, learned some things i didn't know, good people to work with, the pay wasn't great but it was an overall good company to work for!
hard work
bucket operator (Current Employee), Waycross, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: very good exercise
Cons: asplundh dont pay for lunch
wake up 5:30 drive 60 miles to work get there by 7:00 set up truck start working 7:30 cut around 5-8 setups start lunch from 12:30-1 oclock then do another 5-8 setups 5 oclock brake down truck start putting working iteams in truck and get ready to make it to show up at 5:30 drive 60 miles home
Not a place you would want to work.
A Trimmer (Former Employee), OhioMay 30, 2014
Cons: everything
Not a very good work experience. I learned that at that company they were unwilling to work with their employees. I was required to drive sometimes 2 hours away with short notice and when I asked why I was the only employee required to drive that far they were not willing to give me a fair answer or try to help in the problem.
no comment
Foreman (Former Employee), Orange, MAApril 23, 2014
still no comment. it wasn't a good fit for me. too many inexperienced and immature people working for this company
Good working Conditions
Apprentice (Former Employee), NJMarch 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work was chipping brush and removing tree's away from the electricity lines. We were always reminded about safety everyday because of the Dangerous working conditions management was very focused on safety issues. Co-workers were great and always worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and the heat during the summer months and the most enjoyable time of the day was when we were finished after working 10 hours a day.
Productive and safe enviornment overseeing ans trimming trees.
Tree Trimmer (Current Employee), Glouster, OHDecember 30, 2013
Pros: enjoying the outdoors.
Cons: some wrong priorities of upper gf's
When I report to work everyday we go over all safety regulations for our job. Work on filling out our paperwork for the day for our crews, check all equipment on trucks, find out which site we are gonna be working in for the day.
When arriving at the site we recheck our equipment set up all necessary safety signs. Look at all the roping and pull backs that need to be done to certain trees, gear up and start climbing to do the job.
When trimming job is finished we chip all wood that needs hauled away.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: no health care.
I really enjoyed working all my co-wokers,loved the job. The work is demanding,but looking for the end of the day.
productive
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee), Madison, WVAugust 7, 2013
Pros: overtime, meal tickets
Cons: short breaks
i loved my job.. its not every day you wake up and are happy to go do something u love
A typical day
Groundsman (Former Employee), SZAJune 26, 2013
Pros: foreman respected me as a worker and a person
Cons: management attempted to create problems amongst crews..disrespectful
Routine trimming..i learned a great deal about electricity and safety.. management wasn't the best..co-workers worked as a unit..hardeest part of job was not having proper tools most enjoyable was getting the job done safely and proper despite obstacles

1 2 3