ASRC Energy Services Employee Reviews in United States

It's a job
HSET Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 30, 2016
I wouldn't work there again. Good pay, benefits used to be pretty good. While I worked there, they changed to a 401k that wasn't as good as before. Higher fees, fewer investment choices.
Pros
Good pay
A fun, poised, and professional culture
Health, Safety, and Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaMarch 12, 2016
As the CEO of Brandow & Associates, I have worked hard to maintain a fun, poised, and professional culture. The work life balance is difficult to maintain for any CEO in any industry.
Coworkers were great to work with, management was not.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503February 14, 2016
Worked for the company for 10 years and was treated well but did not feel that they valued their employees. Upper management was out of touch with the work force.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Dysfunctional management
Management and employees work well as a team and develop strong relationships.
HSE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpine, AKNovember 12, 2015
Active employee support is positive and sincere. Remote work sites are well maintained with employee comfort in mind while away from families.
Pros
Competitive Salary; and solid 401k program
Cons
Employer does not provide advanced notice of discharge, Does not provide employment assistance or preparation for either long or short term employees.
Poductive and fun work place, like a band of brothers looking out for each other.
Well Test Operator / Boom Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKNovember 5, 2015
Over my 12 years and 4 months of employment I have seen a lot of good men come and go. I think that the men and management is some of the hardest workers I have had the pleasure to work with and mentor. I have learned as much as I have taught. A typical day would start out with safety meeting, operation info transfer and walk down, move to process operation of a well test unit. And you may have to rig up or down the operation and move from well pad locations and do it all again. All wile sending all of our well data we collected to our management for QC before it is sent to the client. The hardest part of the job is the weather, and bugs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Rooms at the Aurora Hotel
Cons
Rooms at any other camp
cant wait to go back
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 3, 2015
This was my first trades experience and overall the atmosphere was family like and everyone was very supportive and patient with one another even under stressful deadlines
Good safe work practices
Below Grade Roustabout Lead (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk, AKOctober 15, 2015
They really cared about safety and was always looking for the safest and most efficient way to complete tasks. Learned a lot of leadership qualitys while working for asrc.
Pros
free lunch, safe work place, promotes from within the company
Cons
long hours but worth it
Great company, great benefits
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kuparuk, AKOctober 13, 2015
Been working for this company since 2008. Benefits/insurance are great. I've been able to advance in my profession with this company.
Excellent company to work for.
Manager/Crew Leader/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AlaskaAugust 25, 2015
Maintenance on existing pipes. Driving and a variety of other jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and getting the job done together.
Pros
Excellent company to work for and I enjoyed the work I did.
Cons
Sometimes the cold weather.
Decent place to work
Journeyman Pipefitter/Structural Welder (Current Employee) –  Kuparuk, AlaskaAugust 22, 2015
Had to the ability to continue to learn and build my skills further. Management was always willing to try and help you whether you were having problems at work or at home
Pros
housing and commodities
Cons
lack of advancment
Good company
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Nikiski fab shopAugust 21, 2015
Long flexible hours. Money is there if you're hungry. No problems with management or safety team. Just do your job right and you will be rewarded.
Pros
Good work enviroment, Good people.
Cons
Gets slow sometimes.
Treated like a family member
Senior Craft Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 6, 2015
A typical day consisted of reviewing potential candidates and many phone calls.

I learned that when interviewing a candidate you can't always judge on appearances.

Could not ask for a better management team.

Co-workers were also the people that I chose to associate with outside of work, and I will never forget them.

The hardest part of the job was finding the right person for highly skilled trade positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on an individuals face when you told them they got the job.
Work Environment
Projects Foreman (Former Employee) –  AKMarch 15, 2015
There is a great safety culture to work in, but the management here never seems to have your back. They always push ideas of ways to do a job because they are scared to fight for their people. The people that become up to the General Foreman positions or higher are always in on the buddy system of hiring their buddies and not always the best person for the job.
Pros
safe place to work
Cons
no one will ever give you a straight answer
ASRC was able to hire me on experance and qualifiacations.
Roustabout/Operator/Driver/Chemical Tech (Former Employee) –  Red Dog Mine, AKDecember 12, 2014
Working from 12 to 14 hours a day depending on work load. Keeping a full awareness on safety to get the job done correctly. No one gets hurt! Working a rotating shift gave me more time with family.
Pros
room and board provided by the company.
Cons
safety is number one priority..
Shift work, decent pay
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk, AlaskaAugust 11, 2014
Shift schedule, decent place to work, awesome safety culture, many areas for job advancement, and the pay is pretty good
It have been a great company to work for.
Well Support Foreman (Current Employee) –  Alpine, AKFebruary 15, 2014
A typical day is: Daily time sheets, put together a morning meeting of safety concerns and a work list for the day. Take phone calls and re-dispatch crews to job priority. Manage fluids and equipment for coil tubing, Wags, Squeezes, Hot flushes, Fracs ECT. Walk down new jobs and bid and put hours on the task at hand. Keep crew up on all safety training for VTA and to make sure crew is working safe.
Pros
2 x 2 schedule, with a nice camp and free food
Cons
needs a retirement program
oilfield work
Multi Skilled Driver (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKDecember 26, 2013
very good place to work good people to work with good work enviorment
I worked very hard at this job and the rewards were minimal
Painter/General Foreman/ Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AKSeptember 16, 2013
this job was very sparatic making it very difficult to maintain a structured budget. from week to week would never know if there was work or not. As I advanced and had better compensation the opportunity to work hours decreased.
Team player, ability to work
Well testing Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKAugust 5, 2013
Responsibilities included logistical and labor support for field and well work. Daily safety meetings and associated THA's, JSA's and daily work commitments.
Management not connected to employees at all
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJune 26, 2013
Jobs are plentiful because they fire so many people! If you want a job where you feel like you have a voice and some ownership in the direction of the company, don't apply at ASRC!
Pros
lots of good people work here
Cons
they don't stay long!