ASRC Energy Services Employee Reviews

Great company
Insulator/sheet metal (Former Employee) –  AlaskaMarch 8, 2017
Great company to work for. Long hours and weeks away from the family is the downfall but it is a rotational shift job. 3 on 3 off or 2 on 2 off good money
Benefits
Cons
Environment
Alaska Native Own Company
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  AlaskaFebruary 17, 2017
Safety was number one with this company, then cost of doing business with others. Their are times that you feel like a number and not an employee. Most large companies are like that.
Pros
Long turm inployment
Cons
Very Good Health care.
Hard to rate a company that unfairly lays off employees.
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk, AKFebruary 15, 2017
Day to day business varies per client workload.
I learned about vacuum trucks, and Supersuckers, very valuable experience.
Zero incident culture, very safety oriented.
Management is passive, often overlook or are involved in a clique.
Hardest part of the job is being gone for two weeks at a time.
The best part is the extremely laid-back environment.
Pros
Free room and Board, and airfare from Anchorage to Kuparuk.
Cons
Cliques.
It was a fun place to work
Oil Field Worker (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJanuary 15, 2017
Great co-workers Great Client BUT The drivers policy and procedures are very harsh due to other companies on the north slope I spent 13 years there I was let go due to a traffic violation
Pros
Great Tranning
Cons
policy
great money great time off and great safety
Lead wellhead/valve operator tech (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2017
This company is a Native corp. that is contracted by conoco phillips.
There is not much company loyalty to its employees and its very clickish as far as people hanging out with supervisors when off work which is great for not getting laid off when prices are low. The on the job training is good if you get someone willing to train and knows what they are doing, but no classroom training other then safety programs. Also they will try to let you go for any little mistake from a small scratch that wasnt reported to not rigging something correctly to sliding off the road in winter conditions. Just pay attention and you should be good. Depending what you are doing pay is great. benefits are great as well.
good pay for the job
light duty mechanic apprentice (Former Employee) –  AlaskaDecember 9, 2016
people where nice and were easy to get along with, ample down time and ample work time, management was top of the line. hard part was the flight and the enjoyable time was going home with lots of money.
Pros
moneYYYYYYYYYY
Cons
down time
Great Experience at Prudhoe Bay
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKDecember 6, 2016
Worked 10 hours a day 7 Days a week for 8 Weeks Helping Journeymen Pipefitters at Prudhoe Bay. Was a great fun experience working on the slope. Work slowed down and they laid me and many others off.
Asrc doesn't care about their employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKSeptember 18, 2016
If hired you will start out with a week of training in Anchorage (unpaid) were you will be on your own dime for food and hotel (Unless your native). If you are successful with the training you then will move on to a drug test and then the fit for duty test. Once this is all done you will head to the slope were you won't see a pay raise in fact they could cut your pay. After 3 years I was making less than when I started. There is no room for advancement in fact they will hold you back from it. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Poor management, no increase in pay for experience
Just awful...
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe BaySeptember 7, 2016
The only company I've ever worked for where there's no room to advance in the dirt work area. Nothing! Pay cuts and favoritism from one of the more solid companies on the slope you'd never think would follow others(BP). I'm disgusted in this company. The division I worked for will not let you progress or leave to better yourself within the company, however, will fire you in a heartbeat for anything. Very shady company for sure and the only place I've ever worked for where you don't receive a pay increase for job performance (unless you're native).
Pros
Pay cuts, job uncertainty, and favoritism...
Cons
Pay cuts, job uncertainty, and favoritism
Progressive Company with room for advancement. Good mangers
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Slope of AlaskaAugust 18, 2016
ASRC was a good company to work with and has good insurance benefits. Progressive management style opportunity to transfer to different departments to gain experience in other fields.
Pros
Good salary
Top Native Corporation in Alaska
Assitant Controller/ Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 5, 2016
Significant Subsidiaries included to bring in 2 billion per year. Several areas to apply oneself in maintaining correct and proper data and reports.
Same as previous review
Administrator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk, AKJune 8, 2016
Same as previous review. Have worked in the same remote location for the last 3 jobs for Arctic Slope Regional Corporation subsidiary ASRC Energy Services.
fun time on the slope.
Light Duty Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee) –  kuparuk alaskaApril 26, 2016
it was fun to go work 3 weeks at a time. bad part was the down time. 3 weeks off with not much to do. other than that the coworkers were friendly. manegement was great. learned more about the oil/gas production.
It's a job
HSET Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 30, 2016
I wouldn't work there again. Good pay, benefits used to be pretty good. While I worked there, they changed to a 401k that wasn't as good as before. Higher fees, fewer investment choices.
Pros
Good pay
A fun, poised, and professional culture
Health, Safety, and Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaMarch 12, 2016
As the CEO of Brandow & Associates, I have worked hard to maintain a fun, poised, and professional culture. The work life balance is difficult to maintain for any CEO in any industry.
Coworkers were great to work with, management was not.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503February 14, 2016
Worked for the company for 10 years and was treated well but did not feel that they valued their employees. Upper management was out of touch with the work force.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Dysfunctional management
Management and employees work well as a team and develop strong relationships.
HSE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpine, AKNovember 12, 2015
Active employee support is positive and sincere. Remote work sites are well maintained with employee comfort in mind while away from families.
Pros
Competitive Salary; and solid 401k program
Cons
Employer does not provide advanced notice of discharge, Does not provide employment assistance or preparation for either long or short term employees.
Poductive and fun work place, like a band of brothers looking out for each other.
Well Test Operator / Boom Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKNovember 5, 2015
Over my 12 years and 4 months of employment I have seen a lot of good men come and go. I think that the men and management is some of the hardest workers I have had the pleasure to work with and mentor. I have learned as much as I have taught. A typical day would start out with safety meeting, operation info transfer and walk down, move to process operation of a well test unit. And you may have to rig up or down the operation and move from well pad locations and do it all again. All wile sending all of our well data we collected to our management for QC before it is sent to the client. The hardest part of the job is the weather, and bugs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Rooms at the Aurora Hotel
Cons
Rooms at any other camp
cant wait to go back
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 3, 2015
This was my first trades experience and overall the atmosphere was family like and everyone was very supportive and patient with one another even under stressful deadlines
Good safe work practices
Below Grade Roustabout Lead (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk, AKOctober 15, 2015
They really cared about safety and was always looking for the safest and most efficient way to complete tasks. Learned a lot of leadership qualitys while working for asrc.
Pros
free lunch, safe work place, promotes from within the company
Cons
long hours but worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASRC Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.