ASRC Federal Employee Reviews

Great transition from military
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  FT. SillApril 15, 2017
This is a great position any wheeled vehicle mechanic that was prior service for the Army. Great transition position and a great way to start your way into the DOD world
Work as a NASA contractor was interesting, but managers were weak to desultory.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  KSCMarch 26, 2017
I helped this company win a 5-year contract with NASA, and they were good to me during the contract total of 8 years including 3 one year extensions. The worst management error was they hired retired NASA execs and let them push the non-NASA and non-military retired) around as second class citizens.
BUT, after the contract was completed, the top management DUMPED all the top scientists and engineers. They had no interest in keeping us afloat until another contract was won. In other words, they HAD NO LOYALTY AND NO APPRECIATION to the top technical people who made them millionaires.
This is pathetic.
Pros
The few top managers from the NASA center region were very good and generous, but they got dumped also!
Cons
Greedy and power hungrey top management. Poor bonuses.
ASRC Federal Customer Service Job (WARNING)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 14, 2017
WARNING - HIGH TURN OVER - Stay far away from the ASRC Federal Customer Service Job. Unless you like to be harassed by upper management. My experience along with some of my other co-workers were harassed by the manager, which caused some of us to have health problems.
I would rather be unemployed than work under that management again.

You have been WARNED!
Pros
Security Clearance
Cons
Continuous harrasment by the manager, short or no breaks, low raises, must use leave when the government is closed because you are a contractor, HR is clueless and does not care about the employee's on the customer service contract, workplace culture is very unprofessional, everyday harrassment. paying for parking will take half your check
Great place to work with great co-worker
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 5, 2017
Communications from upper management used to take too long to reach all employees, although it has improved significantly over the past couple of years
Growing Company
GOES-R Spacecraft Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 2, 2017
Growing Company with many different opportunities. Pay and benefits are competitive. Dont go above and beyond to take care of employees; most employees are off-site and have no relationship with mother company.
Good company to work for.
Task Order Manager/Records Information Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 20, 2016
I enjoy the type of work I do for the company, and the people I work with. It's sometimes difficult having management in another state, though.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2016
The management need to communicate more. The job is workable and you get to meet people from all types of life. The benefit are great and you can set up your 401k.
Great Company
Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 7, 2016
Company values and work life balance are top pros for this company.
Salaries exceed normal pay scale. Job advancement may be limited.
Billion Dollar Legs, Small Company Feel
Deputy Branch Chief, Simulation Experimentation (Current Employee) –  Fort EustisFebruary 16, 2016
ASRC Federal is the best company I have worked for since I was in the Army. I've worked for a number of defense contractors and they are the only ones I have experienced that really take care of you. From my PM to HR to benefits folks and more. If you get a chance to work with this company, jump on it!
Employees are overworked and underpaid
Personnel Security Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2016
Employees are overworked and under paid.Horrible HR department. Very disorganized company. You can get a way with so much if you are close to upper management.
Was a good place to work
Internal Controls SME (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 4, 2015
The management and the Client were supportive. My direct manager was great and he always had time to tackle any issues that I had.
Program Management Rio Grande River
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 1, 2015
Great Company to work for, enjoy going to work each day. Progressive in their management training. Provides a good compensation package and benefits. The company will give you the ability to grow and develop your skills with in the company. Upper management is open and easy to talk to.
Nice place to work.
Desktop / Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2015
I've enjoyed working at my current location. The work environment is good. Great health benefits package. Great people. Fair compensation. Practical hands on experience. Location. HR staff very professional and quick to respond to handle issues."
Ok..
Sr. HR Generalist/ HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 27, 2015
I didn't spend too much time working with this company. However while I was there nothing really stood out. That could be good or bad, the atmosphere was very professional and that's all that matters.
Great company
Graphic Artist, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Great manager and staff around the proposal operations teams. Competitive salary and benefits.
Best job ever
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 1, 2015
As a Data Analyst I would extract data from drug/money seizures on a daily basis and record them for an extensive report that consisted of nation wide drug/money seizures report that was sent out to all federal, state, local LEA's. I also would conduct extensive background check requested by various LEA's on various federal data bases. Very rewarding job experience and met some very good people while working at this job.
Only worked there briefly
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 8, 2015
I interned with this company very briefly but got a good sense that they wanted me to stay on full time. Management was helpful and kept me very well informed.
Good Company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXDecember 1, 2014
advancement and pay for schooling as well as safety courses used at work and for the company excellent benefits
Interesting, Fun Work Environment
Information Technology Resource Provider (ITRP) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 26, 2014
I work with a great team in an ever-changing, dynamic environment that involves training and daily support.
Java development
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 17, 2014
This company offers a very relaxed, comfortable work environment with limited supervision. During my time here, I have been tasked to develop a graphical front-end (Java) for an engineering analysis tool for the GOES-R mission. As I come from the commercial side, Boeing, working on the Iridium Satellite network, that pace was a much faster, with more incentive to grab new projects and run with them. I guess most people thrive in the more relaxed atmosphere, but I miss the excitement and challenges Iridium offered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASRC Federal. Our community is ready to answer.