ASRC Federal Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 7, 2016
Company values and work life balance are top pros for this company.
Salaries exceed normal pay scale. Job advancement may be limited.
Billion Dollar Legs, Small Company Feel
Deputy Branch Chief, Simulation Experimentation (Current Employee) –  Fort EustisFebruary 16, 2016
ASRC Federal is the best company I have worked for since I was in the Army. I've worked for a number of defense contractors and they are the only ones I have experienced that really take care of you. From my PM to HR to benefits folks and more. If you get a chance to work with this company, jump on it!
Employees are overworked and underpaid
Personnel Security Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2016
Employees are overworked and under paid.Horrible HR department. Very disorganized company. You can get a way with so much if you are close to upper management.
Was a good place to work
Internal Controls SME (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 4, 2015
The management and the Client were supportive. My direct manager was great and he always had time to tackle any issues that I had.
Program Management Rio Grande River
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 1, 2015
Great Company to work for, enjoy going to work each day. Progressive in their management training. Provides a good compensation package and benefits. The company will give you the ability to grow and develop your skills with in the company. Upper management is open and easy to talk to.
Nice place to work.
Desktop / Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2015
I've enjoyed working at my current location. The work environment is good. Great health benefits package. Great people. Fair compensation. Practical hands on experience. Location. HR staff very professional and quick to respond to handle issues."
Ok..
Sr. HR Generalist/ HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 27, 2015
I didn't spend too much time working with this company. However while I was there nothing really stood out. That could be good or bad, the atmosphere was very professional and that's all that matters.
Great company
Graphic Artist, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Great manager and staff around the proposal operations teams. Competitive salary and benefits.
Best job ever
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 1, 2015
As a Data Analyst I would extract data from drug/money seizures on a daily basis and record them for an extensive report that consisted of nation wide drug/money seizures report that was sent out to all federal, state, local LEA's. I also would conduct extensive background check requested by various LEA's on various federal data bases. Very rewarding job experience and met some very good people while working at this job.
Only worked there briefly
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 8, 2015
I interned with this company very briefly but got a good sense that they wanted me to stay on full time. Management was helpful and kept me very well informed.
Good Company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXDecember 1, 2014
advancement and pay for schooling as well as safety courses used at work and for the company excellent benefits
Interesting, Fun Work Environment
Information Technology Resource Provider (ITRP) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 26, 2014
I work with a great team in an ever-changing, dynamic environment that involves training and daily support.
Java development
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 17, 2014
This company offers a very relaxed, comfortable work environment with limited supervision. During my time here, I have been tasked to develop a graphical front-end (Java) for an engineering analysis tool for the GOES-R mission. As I come from the commercial side, Boeing, working on the Iridium Satellite network, that pace was a much faster, with more incentive to grab new projects and run with them. I guess most people thrive in the more relaxed atmosphere, but I miss the excitement and challenges Iridium offered.
Not a happy place
Sr. Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 1, 2014
Worked at corporate offices for 6 months, culture was not overwhelming supportive. Expected to work day, nights and weekends one time called to come back into the office at 11:30PM in the severe storm. There was no oversight of the senior managers so they could treat you any way they wanted which they did.

I did enjoy the state of the art technology and access to information and IT support.

Overall it appeared that the company had some positive attributes but my specific department was not the best.
Pros
company newsletter were informative, and benefits were great
Cons
poor managment oversight and departments were very disconnected
It's Stable
Legal Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMarch 19, 2014
It's a decent company just not very exciting. The Glass Ceiling is ridiculous low if you are a contractor. And if you are contractor, you're only as good as the contract last . . . kinda of temporary.
Pros
the benefits are decent
Cons
glass ceiling is ridiculous low if you are a contractor.
Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Space craft Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, Florida O and CMarch 5, 2014
Lacking management skills. Lots of MANDATORY overtime!!! Regular layoffs. Forced to travel with no guarantee on your return date to your home. This company is constantly looking for new work out of your immediate area, so you better be ready to travel! They do not care about their employees!!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management sucks!
Productive but stressful environment
Manager, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Learned new BD techniques
Continuous reorganization and change in leadership
Most enjoyable part was working with low level management
Pros
bd colleague expertise and support from shared services
Cons
continuous reorganization at the senior management level; low interaction among colleagues
Fun place to work, not enough hours
Role player (Current Employee) –  North CharlestonJanuary 24, 2014
Job is fun, if you like outdoor that you will have it. Sometimes you lie and sit in the dirt, handcuffed for 20 mins. The schedule doesn't give you enough hours, not enough to pay your bills. If salary is not your priority, it's good place to work.
Pros
outdoor work, fun
Cons
hours
Below Average
Sr. HR Generalist/ HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 8, 2013
Work place was not friendly, but not the worse place I've ever worked. There was plenty of opportunity for growth, however there was lack of company direction. The hardest part of the job, was simply working with different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was the open minds. There were a lot of meetings where almost everyone got a chance to share their view/opinions.
ASRC was a fun place to work with a lot of good people.
Sen. Customer Service Representative (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 28, 2012
ASRC Federal was a fun place to work. My manager became a good friend.
Pros
fast day and a good product.
Cons
some of the staff was not serious enough about their work.