Assa Abloy

Assa Abloy Employee Reviews

Average
Manager (Former Employee), New HavenMay 7, 2015
No autonomy at all. One way or no way. Over seas Corporate is great to work with. Pay is good, low life work balance. Projects are unclear in a lot of cases.
Good benefits
Order Coordinator Technician (Current Employee), Mason City, IAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Sitting all day at a computer screen.
Graham Doors is an OK place to work.
Learning to be a order coordinator takes a few years. You have to like sitting at a computer screen all day.
You will have lots of overtime during the summer months.
Nice place to work, friendly people
Functional Test Technician (Temporary assignment) (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2015
Nice place to work. Everything you need is available to you. Management is very supportive and flexible. Great balance or work and personal time.
Great
Purchasing Manager - EMS Group (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great product, global oppertunities
Cons: cullture
The EMS group is made up of several brands and has great opportunities. Still working on creating its own culture, management struggles to set the culture.

Co-workers are good however the turn-over has been high adding to the weak culture and lack of identity. I learned a lot and enjoy my time with ASSA ABLOY but looking for the challenge.
A good worker
Service Technician (Current Employee), East Windsor, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: own work truck
I start work at 6:45AM every day i log into my pda to see what jobs are on my line up for that day, with the possibility of an emergency service call in between jobs or on after hours. I take care/ service automatic doors.

I learned to work independently

I have great employers/ co workers if ever you run into a issue either or is right there to assist

The most enjoyable part of my job is to satisfy the customers, and just to be out on the open roads.
Research and Development Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Rockwood, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: most holidays off, great management, good work environment
Great environment for a hard worker. Most employees are locals, easy to get along with. Company is expanding and grows annually.
The job was fun and easy
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Wingate, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: full time, off holidays
Cons: short breaks
I would clock in, go to my work station to see which parts I was going to be assembling. Make sure all my items I needed stocked and ready to go. The co-workers was nice and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be the actual assembly where you work a lot with your arms and wrists. I enjoyed working here because it was easy.
Great job
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
its a great job as long as they keep a good week schedule,i got a good relation with most of my co-workers,working with foreigner people was magnificent, the management was good to,the hardest part was maintainig the speed that they required,the most enjoyable part were that i did/learn different things
Productivty and Fun place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2014
Excellect Corprate Culture, not much room for growth for hungry young tarlented upcoming future leaders.
Great place to work.
Credit Collections Administrator (Former Employee), Anaheim,Ca.November 5, 2014
1. Reviewed and evaluated the status of customer accounts.
Contacted over 300 commercial customers for payment of past due invoices.
Review & prepare quarterly spreadsheet on Bad Debt Reserve.
Set-up and maintain new accounts.
Researched and reconciled conflicts such as duplicate invoices, incorrect purchase order numbers, pricing and other discrepancies that delayed payment.
2. I learned the electronic door industry

3. Management was great.
4. The co-worker worked as a team. That was important to me.
5. There were no parts of the job that was hard.
6. Coming to work everyday.
Large Global company that has gone through major change and seems very disconnected with employees.
Regional Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great training, products and resources
Cons: disconnected, low room for growth and happy with status quo business
• Generated an average of 30% Medeco and Arrow growth in territory to over 5 million in annual sales
• Part of a team contributing to over 70 Million in annual sales through contract hardware
• Direct ownership of 10 million in revenue generated in territory through the distribution based sales channel management
• Generated an average of 20% growth in wholesale channel in 2 years of responsibilities
• Responsible for Multi Family Market Share in Territory of around 1 million annually and growing
• Maintain a strong, balanced working relationship with territory distributors and accounts
• Work with various distributors personnel to track projects to establish a marketing plan start to finish
• Maintain and grow share of existing client base in Southeast Region
• Develop a viable pipeline of new business
• Effectively manage all areas of the projects from planning, marketing to implementing through the maintaining phases
• Identify, implement, record, and continuous prospecting efforts throughout territory to grow market share
• Responsible for training distributor and account personnel regarding Assa Abloy products and programs
• Conduct regular meaningful client contact – project site visits
• Demonstrate high level of communication and integration with all areas of the organization
• Participates in trade shows and special events to promote the company's products and services
• Set up and coordinate Territory Road Shows within the Region
• Demonstrate products, using samples, product literature and emphasizes salable features
• Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules
• Provides input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future market needs
• Prepare reports weekly and monthly to keep all levels of management informed
• Responsible for the promotion, tracking, and implementation of new product launches
Great pay, good benefits, rough working environment
Bander/ Counter (Former Employee), Mason City, IAOctober 16, 2014
Daily banding and counting of steel door frames, or other assigned duties. Always given instructions if needed for task and great teamwork.
Summary
IT Consultant/Specialist (Former Employee), Praha, STSeptember 30, 2014
Unhealthy working environment, due large corporation, very unpersonal, very unreasonably competitive, good people, failing middle management
Good Company
Commodity Manager - NPD (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Good working environment.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Work environment
Employed (Current Employee), USAMay 13, 2014
Not conducive for women. Very inappropriate employees and management.
Awesome company!
Warehouse Associate I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2014
Great pay, great management. Overall and awesome job! Packing shipping, loading up trucks. Had lots of overtime!
Called on customers for past due accounts.
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great lunch outings.
Cons: poor mgt.
Contacted customers for past due accounts, applied payments, set up new accounts. Worked closely with sales department.

The hardest part of the job was resolving internal issues.
Great company to work for!!
Buyer (Current Employee), Phoenix AZDecember 23, 2013
There really isn't a typical work day in purchasing. What I've learned is to as long as I'm learning everything will be ok. Management is great! My co-workers are awesome, very helpful. The hardest part of my job is learning all the products & suppliers. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning different things that make me a more efficient buyer.
Bad Work Environment
Admin (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2013
Pros: descent benefits and paid time off.
Cons: inexperienced management, difficult work environment, no team structure
The vision for new product development and innovation are highly lacking at this company. A small business management platform has had to adapt to a new corporate work environment and the existing management team doesn’t have the now how or experience, after many years of trying, to succeed. This makes the work environment very difficult for non-management employees. As a result most projects that individuals of groups work on are set up for failure from the beginning.
high stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, NCApril 29, 2013
Very stressful work atmosphere. Training good but does not set you for answering questions because the answer always changes. Too difficult. The CSR's that knew what they were doing did not explain how they knew, they just said it will take time.