Assemblers Incorporated Employee Reviews

good workplace and company
Assembler Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2017
great work place
great environment
growth and development positive in workplace
positive relationship with management and builds career focus
Pros
good schedule, great management, freedom
Cons
n/a
Wast of time and money
Associate (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 5, 2017
I was told I was hired bought tools and worked 4 hours for them. I received no pay for my time I just don't won't to see this happen to anyone else.
Pros
Wast of time
Cons
Management is poor to say the least.
its amazing
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 24, 2017
i worked there over the summers it's amazing loved everything about it awesome great cool fun exciting place to be fun fun fun fun fun
Great inviroment
Merchandise Vendor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Good job assembling merchandise at Home Depot and Academy Sports. Working schedule flexible. The people your around makes it worth while. your basically your own boss.
Good hours with decent pay
Assembler Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Good hours for working full time. Paid per item, with percentage taken out of invoice of said item. Unorganized at certain moments, and can be back and forth on amount of work/pay.
Pros
Decent Hours
Cons
Back and forth pay. Not consistent with amount of work/pay
A great indoor outdoor job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. In my particular situation, the assembly area was in a sheltered outdoor location at academy sports. The fresh air and freedom to build and access to everything was great.
Pros
Helpful friendly people, freedom to move about, excellent management.
Cons
Windy weather could be dangerous, but they fixed that immediately.
Dead end job
Assembler/Trainer, Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 27, 2016
The work isn't hard and if you're willing, you can make a decent living, however as a former manager and a five year employee with this company, I can tell you that if you're in the Arkansas area, you're set for failure. The company makes empty promises to employees then gets rid of them as soon as they serve their purpose. Look elsewhere for employment, this is a dead end
Pros
Commission work
Cons
Horrible management
if you want to work with drug addicts
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 26, 2016
This place is a joke you have to put together busted bikes,and fitness equipment you only get paid like $3 per bike. Management is a joke they want you to work everyday and expect you to use your own truck and your gas to deliver stuff. Its mindless work that pays very little so if this is what you are looking for enjoy. The good thing is thing is that they dont have anyone else here so you dont have someone breathing down your neck all day long.
Pros
nothing
Cons
They lie about everything
Assembly Technician
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  MississippiDecember 14, 2016
This is a good place to work if you like to work. If you are lazy then you want last. This is a piece work job, so the quicker and better you are at Assembling then the more you can make. Also, I have a good manager that always understand my life from work. If he miss my call or text, he always contact me back.
Pros
Take breaks on your time, travel, pay, good area manager
upon request
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2016
 Assembled a variety of fitness products and outdoor equipment per schedule and on-time for large retail stores. Assemble everything from barbeque grills, basketball goals, bicycles.etc
Low pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonvikle ilAugust 29, 2016
You will make little to no money. What little you do make will have to be used to finance all of your traveling you will do the next week. Some days you won't even make enough to cover the gas you used to get to work. You will run into issues getting paid and get the run around when trying to get your money. It has been over a month since I left the company and I am still trying to get over $100 that i am owed. It seems nobody you will ever talk to cares if you succeed or not. My entire experience with Assemblers Inc has been a negative one
Pros
None that i can think of
Cons
Can't pay, always ripping you off of oay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJuly 19, 2016
Worked with them for about 7 months and EVERY CHECK WAS SHORTED. Getting calls at 11pm from a drug using boss screaming at
Pros
Cons
The whole company
poor pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 5, 2016
This company expects you to drive everywhere. I drove over 450 miles every week for close to a year, and this cheap company only gives you .20 cents a mile only AFTER the first 50 you drive for them each day. If you have to drive 125 miles round trip you get paid for 75 of those miles. So now that I have done this for a year my car has broke down, and they measly increase they gave wasn't enough to compensate for all the miles I've driven for them. We have been understaffed for practically the entire time of my employment there. Area managers won't answer your calls if you have questions. Terribly unprofessional , they want to toss around the moniker "THE WORLDS LARGEST ASSEMBLY COMPANY" but they don't treat employees that way. It is also sad they try to rebutt everything against them on this site. If everything they try to claim is true why do they have an ad for assemblers ALL the time.
Pros
Never see or hear from your supv.
Cons
Never see or hear from your supv.
Fun place to work and get to travel
Assembly technician (Current Employee) –  Central IllinoisJune 24, 2016
Not a bad company to work for if you have a strong work ethic. Not the job for someone who wants to do as little as possible and get paid well! This is piece work, the more you do the more money you make. Not all stores do enough volume to produce a good paycheck. I found that out the hard way but talked to my boss and he sends me to other stores to make up for it. My boss is understanding and worked with me when we were dealing with a family death. If you don't mind an honest days work for an honest days pay, then I highly recommend Assemblers Inc. If you want something for nothing, then go somewhere else because you won't find it here!
Pros
Good management and plenty of work
Cons
We do work outside so it can be hot or cold at times
It was fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2016
I liked working with people as i was learning.
good hrs.
run some lines told people what they had to do, and what had to be ready.
Cons
short breaks
Immediate Trust Issue
Prospective Assembler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Why is there a company hack on here trying to make a rebuttal to every negative thing said about this Assemblers Incorporated company? That, in and of itself, makes me not trust them more than any negative reviews I have read.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Great Job if You Have a Strong Work Ethic and Know When To Take Initiative
General Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
I've been with Assemblers, Inc. for several months now, and I can't seem to find a bad thing to say about the company. You get what you put into this position which works for me as I enjoy a hard day's work. I've never been disappointed with a pay check. Management is great and cares about your satisfaction with your day-to-day responsibilities. I can certainly see myself moving up within the company, and I have confidence that this is possible for me.
Pros
Pretty fun job, great management, never bored, pay is good

Comment – May 11, 2016

Glad that you find the work so satisfying! We hear the same kinds of comments from most of our employees and are happy to be able to provide such a great work environment!

Not a secure pay but the hours are good
Assembler (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 5, 2016
I was hired as a assembler here recently and left the position. I was there for two weeks. They pay you minimum wage your first few days then you with off commission by what u put together. They have enough work but the pay is low. You make 40% of what they get paid to have it assembled. So for instance you do alot owlf wheel barrows. They charge 8$ so you make 40% of that. So to make money you would need to do about 30 between 8 and 4. If your fast you can do one every 10-15 min. So 4 a hour with no distractions. That's under 3$ a item. You do about of low paying things like bikes, and grills. Grills take half a hour or longer and they only pay 12-15$ so you make 40% of that. You will have to be really fast and get lucky to do some big projects that pay more. If u didn't need to make alot of money and your looking for work life balance than this is for you. No boss 8-4 Mon - Fri
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not enough money, buy your own tools

Comment – May 11, 2016

While it does take at least a couple of weeks to gain efficiency, once you have learned what works well you are able to make an average of $12-$16 per hours.

horrible company to work for.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 1, 2016
I work there and you work long hours and only get paid for piece and and no hourly pay .
You get paid by how many pieces you get done .
Pros
Cons
short brakes and no lunch and they dock an hour for lunch that you don't take.
Official response from Assemblers Incorporated
May 4, 2016

The pay is based on production but all employees are paid at least the state required hourly minimum wage.

You won't make money
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 20, 2016
First off you will probably never see your boss and to top it off wherever you are doing your assemblies at you will then have 3-5 bosses at the store telling you what to do and think that they run your schedule. I am very hands on with many years of working on automobiles and you would have to turn out some crazy work to make any money. They pay horrible for piece work and overall just a joke of a company. If you don't want good pay and inconsistent work hours and work then this job is for you. Remember you will be buying some tools also and $35 for shirts that you will never see. Enjoy
Pros
Not working for anymore
Cons
All of it

Comment – May 11, 2016

This position does requires that you have your own hand tools which is discussed at the time of interview and hire. You are also provided with shirts and other new hire items that you are charged a one time fee of $35, which is is agreed to in writing at the time of hire.

While the pay is based on production, employees are always guaranteed at least the state or federal required hourly minimum wage. Most of our techs earn an average of $12-$16 per hour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assemblers Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7