Assemblers Incorporated

Assemblers Incorporated Employee Reviews

Not a secure pay but the hours are good
Assembler (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 5, 2016
I was hired as a assembler here recently and left the position. I was there for two weeks. They pay you minimum wage your first few days then you with off commission by what u put together. They have enough work but the pay is low. You make 40% of what they get paid to have it assembled. So for instance you do alot owlf wheel barrows. They charge 8$ so you make 40% of that. So to make money you would need to do about 30 between 8 and 4. If your fast you can do one every 10-15 min. So 4 a hour with no distractions. That's under 3$ a item. You do about of low paying things like bikes, and grills. Grills take half a hour or longer and they only pay 12-15$ so you make 40% of that. You will have to be really fast and get lucky to do some big projects that pay more. If u didn't need to make alot of money and your looking for work life balance than this is for you. No boss 8-4 Mon - Fri
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not enough money, buy your own tools

Comment – May 11, 2016

While it does take at least a couple of weeks to gain efficiency, once you have learned what works well you are able to make an average of $12-$16 per hours.

poor pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 5, 2016
This company expects you to drive everywhere. I drove over 450 miles every week for close to a year, and this cheap company only gives you .20 cents a mile only AFTER the first 50 you drive for them each day. If you have to drive 125 miles round trip you get paid for 75 of those miles. So now that I have done this for a year my car has broke down, and they measly increase they gave wasn't enough to compensate for all the miles I've driven for them. We have been understaffed for practically the entire time of my employment there. Area managers won't answer your calls if you have questions. Terribly unprofessional , they want to toss around the moniker "THE WORLDS LARGEST ASSEMBLY COMPANY" but they don't treat employees that way. It is also sad they try to rebutt everything against them on this site. If everything they try to claim is true why do they have an ad for assemblers ALL the time.
Pros
Never see or hear from your supv.
Cons
Never see or hear from your supv.
Fun place to work and get to travel
Assembly technician (Current Employee) –  Central IllinoisJune 24, 2016
Not a bad company to work for if you have a strong work ethic. Not the job for someone who wants to do as little as possible and get paid well! This is piece work, the more you do the more money you make. Not all stores do enough volume to produce a good paycheck. I found that out the hard way but talked to my boss and he sends me to other stores to make up for it. My boss is understanding and worked with me when we were dealing with a family death. If you don't mind an honest days work for an honest days pay, then I highly recommend Assemblers Inc. If you want something for nothing, then go somewhere else because you won't find it here!
Pros
Good management and plenty of work
Cons
We do work outside so it can be hot or cold at times
Low pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonvikle ilAugust 29, 2016
You will make little to no money. What little you do make will have to be used to finance all of your traveling you will do the next week. Some days you won't even make enough to cover the gas you used to get to work. You will run into issues getting paid and get the run around when trying to get your money. It has been over a month since I left the company and I am still trying to get over $100 that i am owed. It seems nobody you will ever talk to cares if you succeed or not. My entire experience with Assemblers Inc has been a negative one
Pros
None that i can think of
Cons
horrible company to work for.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 1, 2016
I work there and you work long hours and only get paid for piece and and no hourly pay .
You get paid by how many pieces you get done .
Pros
Cons
short brakes and no lunch and they dock an hour for lunch that you don't take.

Comment – May 4, 2016

The pay is based on production but all employees are paid at least the state required hourly minimum wage.

Great Job if You Have a Strong Work Ethic and Know When To Take Initiative
General Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
I've been with Assemblers, Inc. for several months now, and I can't seem to find a bad thing to say about the company. You get what you put into this position which works for me as I enjoy a hard day's work. I've never been disappointed with a pay check. Management is great and cares about your satisfaction with your day-to-day responsibilities. I can certainly see myself moving up within the company, and I have confidence that this is possible for me.
Pros
Pretty fun job, great management, never bored, pay is good

Comment – May 11, 2016

Glad that you find the work so satisfying! We hear the same kinds of comments from most of our employees and are happy to be able to provide such a great work environment!

You won't make money
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 20, 2016
First off you will probably never see your boss and to top it off wherever you are doing your assemblies at you will then have 3-5 bosses at the store telling you what to do and think that they run your schedule. I am very hands on with many years of working on automobiles and you would have to turn out some crazy work to make any money. They pay horrible for piece work and overall just a joke of a company. If you don't want good pay and inconsistent work hours and work then this job is for you. Remember you will be buying some tools also and $35 for shirts that you will never see. Enjoy
Pros
Not working for anymore
Cons
All of it

Comment – May 11, 2016

This position does requires that you have your own hand tools which is discussed at the time of interview and hire. You are also provided with shirts and other new hire items that you are charged a one time fee of $35, which is is agreed to in writing at the time of hire. While the pay is based on production, employees are always guaranteed at least the state or federal required hourly minimum wage. Most of our techs earn an average of $12-$16 per hour.

Liars and thieves
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 7, 2016
Its all bs they lie about how much your getting paid just to get you in and there is no base pay at all they tell you your getting 10 an hour for training and all you get is 7.25 Do yourself a favor and don't even apply here
Pros
There isn't anything good about it
Cons
A hole lot
Immediate Trust Issue
Prospective Assembler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Why is there a company hack on here trying to make a rebuttal to every negative thing said about this Assemblers Incorporated company? That, in and of itself, makes me not trust them more than any negative reviews I have read.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Can't pay, always ripping you off of oay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJuly 19, 2016
Worked with them for about 7 months and EVERY CHECK WAS SHORTED. Getting calls at 11pm from a drug using boss screaming at
Pros
Cons
The whole company
It was fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2016
I liked working with people as i was learning.
good hrs.
run some lines told people what they had to do, and what had to be ready.
Cons
short breaks
Assemblers is a great company to work for
assembly (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 29, 2015
no full time hours for all year long management is great and flexible. I was able to learn to assemble new products in a quick fashion.
Pros
wonderful management
Cons
no full time all year long

Comment – May 11, 2016

We do have full time hours in some markets and others have full time hours only during certain times of the year.

This company sucks!!
assembler (Former Employee) –  WalmartOctober 30, 2015
Worked there 2 days. Did the numbers with there piece work and figured i would have to build 40 bikes over a 8 hour period just to make what I needed to live. And there was no way I could do that.Also you waste so much gas driving to these stores only to make little money. You have to wait almost a whole month for your check. Its a scam. Dont take this job. There are plenty of other jobs out there.
Pros
Cons
little money, long drive

Comment – May 11, 2016

While it may first seem difficult to earn a decent living at first, most of our techs get up to speed in a couple of weeks and earn an average of $12-$16 per hour. Even though the pay is based on production all employees are paid at least the state or federal required hourly minimum wage.

dirty birds
assembler (Former Employee) –  LANovember 26, 2015
Do not work for this company ever. I'm going to spend my own time and money working with the labor board to see that they are put out of business. Worst company ever. Taking advantage of employees, all in the name of Christmas spirit. Say goodbye assemblers.
Pros
there aren't any
Cons
everything

Comment – May 4, 2016

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with Assemblers. We make every effort to see that this doesn't happen and are always eager to learn of issues an employee may have so that the problem can be resolved quickly.

Comment – May 11, 2016

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience. The Human Resource Department is always happy to discuss any concerns you may have related to your employment.

Poorly managed
Tech (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 4, 2015
Where do I start... when hired I was told that I need to be at home depot before 8pm to assemble product over night. Which makes sense so you're not in the way of customers. Now that my area manager has changed they now want us to be there before 8am. Thanks to this change out of the blue I had to withdraw from school just to keep my job and food on the table. My area manager is always calling and checking up on me (I dont need a babysitter) and complaining that I don't talk to him enough. Uh I'm working my butt off, I don't have time to talk. Another thing I was told that I wouldn't have to drive more than 2 hrs away from home. I am now having to drive in excess of 3 hrs one way. On $0.20 a mile. Driving 200 miles one way for 3 or 4 grills doesn't in anyway make my trip worth it. I've been told there's "a bunch" of stuff to be put together. I get there and there is maybe 5 or 6 items. The lack of communication between the stores and manager is horrible! I'm getting fed up with all of it. I need to know exact numbers so I can determine if the trips are worth my time. Milage pay needs to be increased. I make maybe $40 for a 200 mile trip!
Pros
It's a job

Comment – May 11, 2016

I'm sorry you had a negative experience. The Human Resource Department is happy to help with any concerns you may have related to your employment.

Where do I begin...
Slave (Former Employee) –  Across the countryJuly 9, 2015
The company has total commitment to their external customers, but devalues their internal customer daily. Also, extremely unorganized and very unstable management as in one year we had 6 different operations managers. Makes everyone feel unstable from the operations manager down the line. Work consistency? There isn't any. Regardless of where you work across the country there are always major drop offs in work, and the area managers are expected to drum up new business without paying any commission from the new business found. In the few years I worked for this company, I lost my shirt several times losing my house etc and put my family through a relocation which turned out to be a disaster. As a tech I found myself earning a good paycheck after a few seasons under my belt, but long hours are needed to be put in to do so. Travel is a requirement as no one seems to want to work for how little they are paid, so the seasoned techs have to cover where they can't hire people. Oh and then they whine about paying OT and refuse to get hotels for those that work their butt off. The average grill price that the company charges is between 10 and 18 a piece. Sounds great right? Think again. Newbies start at 40% so do the math. If your just starting, the first few months you're lucky to make minimum wage. So by the time you start getting in a routine the season is already over for another year. Since the company is so external customer focused, they treat their employees as expendable pieces of garbage. It shows as there is no support or backing from management. They also hide things from  more... AMs and tell a lot of lies to make sure that when they are letting them go everyone else knows and you just get dumped without any warning. It is done yearly as there is no accountability from management and they place the blame on their area managers and co managers for their poor business decisions. If you want to work for a very unstable company this is for you.  less
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Micromanagement, pretty much everything else is a con

Comment – May 11, 2016

I'm sorry you had a negative experience. While you are correct in that our customers are very important to us, as they should be, we also value our employees and do our best to take care of them. I understand your frustrations during our peak season, which is our busiest time of the year. Your HR Department would be happy to discuss your issues and work to resolve your concerns.

Easy job with low pay unreasonable job locations
technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 2, 2015
I assemble gas grills and other assorted products for Home Depot.
I learned to do the hardest stuff first and not sweat the small stuff. Management is an entity all its own. You have corporate, HR and regional trainers, then you get area managers and area trainers. The hardest part of the job is getting the run around from individual stores. Saying they want product only to find out nothing is ready. We get paid by the piece and we don't get paid to stand there waiting for pulled project

Comment – May 11, 2016

The benefit of being paid by the piece is that you have the ability to determine your own earnings. The more you build, the more you make and the more efficient you get the more your hourly wage increases.

Great Job for at home students
Assembler Tech (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAJuly 22, 2013
The management team here is great, they understand when you need time off or have family issues. The only bad thing that I have to say about this company is that there are no benefits offered
Pros
great management team
Cons
no benefits
Top heavy no loyalty
Maintence Technician/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston,TX (North)October 1, 2013
Visit one of eight retail locations. Accomplish one or several objectives as required. Examples include; service/repair of equipment, ordering repair/replacement parts, training assembly technicians and/or consult with location management. Management might have been the weak link, their lack of consistency with all locations. Co-worker interaction varied, some receptive to instruction, others not so receptive. Hardest part, no consistency at the various locations. Most enjoyable, being self reliant and complimented by management at the locations in my region.
Pros
self reliance
Cons
poor management
Great earning potential
none (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 23, 2013
Great place to work! They do not limit the amount of money you make. If you work hard you can make a great living. Flexible schedules, lots of independence and room for advancement!
Pros
earning potential

2.6