Assemblers Incorporated Employee Reviews

Poor wage
Assembler (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Not worth the effort that it takes to make money and work dies when its not a holiday. 3.50 per bike...can make money when grill are available but that only during summer holidays
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor wages
Shady company
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 6, 2017
example... I assembled a 20" bike and Academy was charged for a 20" bike assembly however my pay stub reflected a kids bike was assembled so I was paid for a kids bike. keep in mind all bikes are scanned with a barcode and tallied by the server then verified by the store manager and a copy is printed with the managers signature however when the paystub was issued weeks later it had been changed so I get the lesser amount. intentional? not intentional? either way I was told I was no longer needed. P.S assemblers I have saved all my paperwork
Pros
flexable self paced work
Cons
can't use as a main source of income
Worst pay ever
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 25, 2017
If you're a student, have no ambition, are content with little pay, likes to be lied too, and have no possible goals for you life, this is the company for you. But if you're a actual American that wants more than empty promises, don't allow yourself to be fooled into work here, this is no more than a summer job. Because that's the only possibility to make any money. Afterwards, you will be averaging 10 hrs a week. And by the way, you will never be appreciate it by the company ever.
Pros
Your working indoors.
Cons
The company it self. They really don't care about you!
fun
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2017
fun during busy season, compensation decent.. not enough work to keep busy in omaha area, travel on occassion.. plenty of down time during slow season, chance for opportunity to learn new build techniques
Don't bother
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 17, 2017
This company is completely dependent on home depot as most of the work that is done is done for home depot which is OK during late spring and early summer, but come late summer early fall there will be pretty much no work to do at all.
Pros
ability to work your own hours
Cons
poor pay, poor management, and the job basically dies in the fall
poor SOP
Assembling Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 16, 2017
no standard operating procedure, bad communication among employer contractional need standard operation procedures and training. no organized communications.
Pros
minimum oversight
Cons
terrible pay and percedures
Terrible cimpany to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2017
Low pay, mandatory overtime, no holidays, no holiday pay, offensive and mean-spirited management, They use people and then fire them when they're finished using them with no warning and no reason.
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
Everything about working here.
tough place to work
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2017
Tough place to work. Focus on problems with no recognition of employee contributions or efforts, therefore lots of turnover. they will throw you into a job with almost no training. Don't expect to feel appreciated there.
Good company overall
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2017
Learned a lot. My location just didn't have enough work to provide the income I needed. Management was always good with communication. I always networked with some good people at different stores.
poor management
General assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
Management had little interaction with employees. I was also wrongly accused by an employee at academy, which is devastating itself, the Assemblers management team did no sort of investigation they just fired me so for that reason i believe they are one of the worst management teams i have ever worked for.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
very poor management
Smoke and Mirrors.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAAugust 8, 2017
If you like working long hours with low pay....its the job for you. The say you can make close to 60000 a year, but that only works if you are an in home technician, and you have to be with the company a year before that even becomes an option. If you have real bills and responsibilities....the job isn't worth it.
Pros
Take lunch when you want to
Cons
Not enough work
The right job for the right person!
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2017
Depending on your needs, Assemblers Inc. could be the perfect match for those wanting a specific type of work environment. It is self- paced and pay is based on production. There is no set schedule daily, but work requests are sent out as the company needs dictate. You are largely left to manage your own time and work load without constant supervision. The support from management is sufficient for those who are self starters. There is no part of the job that I would characterize as hard or difficult.
Pros
Great for a self starter, or someone who does not reqire constant supervision.
Cons
There may be five different work locaitons in five days.
Great summer job
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 23, 2017
This is a great company to work for if your in school and need a flexible summer job. The Hours are your own so it wont get in the way of other obligations. Unfortunately the company as a whole is very unorganized
Not fun or good at all waste of time
Assambler (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDJuly 9, 2017
They really suck I'm sorry to say this but it took a long time for me to receive my check and the maneger was disrespectful the job really need to be update or manage by someone else
Cons
Pay
Low Pay Flexible Schedule Management doesn't listen.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 9, 2017
It's and alright company to work for temporary, they're flexible with your schedule. Your own tools are required, management most of the time doesn't listen to problems.
Worst company ever worked for
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 21, 2017
Pay sucks, you do all the work and they take half of the money you make. They pay mileage but then take 50 miles off the total trip so you don't make mileage. Some days you work, some days you don't. It's a part time job at best.
Pros
lots of days off
Cons
make less than minimum wage.
Official response from Assemblers Incorporated
May 23, 2017

I'm sorry you had a negative experience with our company. I would be happy to discuss any issues you've had to see if they can be resolved. Please contact us at hr@assemblersinc.net

busy
Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 9, 2017
Built assembly equipment, run warehouse, travel store to store etc. Check store make sure they have available and ready merchandise. quality over quantity.
good workplace and company
Assembler Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2017
great work place
great environment
growth and development positive in workplace
positive relationship with management and builds career focus
Pros
good schedule, great management, freedom
Cons
n/a
Wast of time and money
Associate (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 5, 2017
I was told I was hired bought tools and worked 4 hours for them. I received no pay for my time I just don't won't to see this happen to anyone else.
Pros
Wast of time
Cons
Management is poor to say the least.
Official response from Assemblers Incorporated
April 25, 2017

I would be happy to speak with you about the pay issue as we would never want someone to work without being paid. Please contact hr@assemblersinc.net with your contact information.

its amazing
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 24, 2017
i worked there over the summers it's amazing loved everything about it awesome great cool fun exciting place to be fun fun fun fun fun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assemblers Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6