Asset Acceptance Employee Reviews

The Company Was Sold
Account Representative (Collections) (Former Employee), Warren, MIJune 18, 2015
Pros: Bonus checks
Cons: Management
I loved working for the company, but after working for the firm for two years it was dissolved and I left. I miss working at Asset and my friends I met there.
enjoyed the experience
Account Rep I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2015
enjoyed the experience debt collecting and interacting with different people and learning how to communicate with a variety of new and old clients.
Professional but fun place to work with outstanding leadership and coworkers.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: uncaped bonus
Cons: month end hours
A typical day at work would start with checking messages, reviewing route, making phone calls to follow up on leads. I learned many things working at Asset but the most important thing I learned was to listen. I had excellent management and co-workers who helped to build me into the collector I am. The hardest part of collections is the stress involved with meeting goals but it was most enjoyable to help someone to resolve their debt while helping the company to meet their expectations.
Very unstable work environment
Legal Collections Supervisor (Former Employee), Warren, MIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: Terrible management
I would manage a team of employees that worked in legal collections. Employees would try to collect on old debt. Not a fun place to work.
Intense job.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: rotating weekends, flexible schedule.
Cons: making people pay, when you can tell sometimes, they just really don't have it
My day always involved getting someone to pay, even if they did not have it. I learned that top down negotiations. My sup again, was awesome. Not really an open door policy with upper management though. Loved my co workers, always a willingness to help. The hardest part was getting customer to pay on accounts that were past the statue of limitations.
I fun place to work
Collections Representative II (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: bought out by fulton, friedman and gullace
I was able to come in to work and start my day knowing what needed to be done. I learned that there are alot of different rules for different states. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of that job was exceeding the monthly goals. The most enjoyable was the staff.
has a deli and
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 10, 2015
the company was bought out by someone else and everyone lost their jobs. Some of the people didn't even get a chance to pack their belongings.
Learned at lot
Legal/Garnishment Account Representative (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: they do not provide very much training
Worked with some great people, room for growth, great benefits & awesome management, but not sure how much longer the company will remain open
A interesting working enviorment.
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
I called customers that owed debt and created a rapport to get them to pay. I skip trace to find customers and once I find them I call and attempt to get customers to pay what they owe. I am always willing to work with customers.
Enjoy the company very much. They rewarded you for your hard work and promoted from within.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 21, 2015
typical day consists of receiving and making calls to set attempt to collect on outstanding debt. Supervisors and managers put you in a position to achieve to hit company and personal goals.
Collections
ODS Collector (Former Employee), Warren, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: bonus if quota was meet
Cons: high stress if you didn't meet quota
High stress job.
Learned: to talk fast before the debtor hung up on you.
Co-workers: were great
Hardest: the multiple rude people.
Enjoyable: visiting with my co-workers
life of a debt collector
Account Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: if you hit goal nice bonuses included
Cons: you rarely hit goal because incoming calls are routed to certain people
Asset Acceptance was a pretty laid back company, Hardest part of the job is dealing with management it seems they were worried about more things that weren't as important as production. My co-workers and supervisors were awesome, I learned to be patient at this job and to overlook management as they can be unfair at times.
Debt Collection
Third Party Collector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2014
Prepare my daily tasks by organizing most important contacts to cold calls off dialer. I would prepare legal documents for the legal department. I would assist other collectors in second calling debtors for payments. I learned many things in regards to the difference in people via in person and on the phone. My co-workers were awesome to work with. The hardest part of my job was leaving. Everything about my job I enjoyed.
was in the mall so very different group of people
Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not very supportive management team
hectic place --not much support ---someone always calling in--hard to keep on top of my duties due to lack of people to take care of customer
Love
Account Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 4, 2014
An early morning meeting with breakfast and sometimes Starbucks to get ready for another Sales-matic day. Every day a contest was given to each individual employee do thrive for better results. I've learned how to work with the professional world and to keep a smile on my face at all times. My superiors and coworkers were like family on a day to day basis. We have shared many tears; laughs & hugs to form, a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was sharing my success stories all over the valley that inspired many employees to become better with their sales techniques.
collictions
Assist customers (Former Employee), Tempe, AzOctober 20, 2014
What i did was collect debt. I loved what i did. up untill the last month i was there. I collected the most anyone has ever maid since the company was open. then a family member got sick and i had to come to california. then when i was supposed to get my commission for the month before i never saw it so i quite!!!
INFO change everyday
Account Manager (Former Employee), Warren, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: hours and late nights
I learned about myself at this job and about the people there it was a good place to work
Productive and high paced place to work!
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 26, 2014
Pros: break room and caferteria
Cons: n/a
Talking to past due customer and collecting payments via credit card or checking. I learned a lot of patients when talking to a diverse client base. Management was always there to assist in help employees to close a deal when needed in regards to collecting an account. There was nothing really hard about the job. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was getting that person on the phone who stated that they would never pay an account but using my skills which I have learned over time I was able to convince the customer to pay their account balance in full. And they did it with a smile.
Fair place to be employed
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment, great management staff
Cons: company closed the cleveland office
Typical day at work was to collect outstanding bad debts. Worked with atty and debt settlement companies to find a fair solution to resolving the debt. Asset trained me the FDCPA and trained me how to get the best results in collections.
Great learning experience
Collections Account Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great health benifits & vacation time
Cons: went out of business
First job I started in collection, very well managed was taught a lot about collecting on deliquent debt. Typical work day was inbound and out bound calls on collecting out standing debt between the 90s to current charge off debt receivables.

Really hard to move up in A.A. since there was over 90 collectors and could only move up to supervisor which was less money.

Hardest part was trying to get someone to pay a debt that they either didnt remember, know about or didnt want to pay so you had to persuade them to pay.

Enjoyable part of the job was to help people pay off there debt at the end of the day and make them feel that they had weight off there shoulders.