Responsible for effectively leading leasing consultants and accomplishing effective leasing, marketing, and positive resident relations of an apartment complex.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEGREES AND DIPLOMAS
- Must be able to use the following equipment: telephone, fax machine, computer (and property software as well as Microsoft Office), copy machine and business calculator
- Knowledge of basic maintenance equipment (i.e. key machine) would be a plus
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
- 1 to 3 years prior leasing experience
- Strong attention to detail and sales ability is a must
The following are essential job accountabilities:
1. Leasing Operations
a. Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner
b. Recommends and implements corrective action on service, presentation, organization, and productivity
c. Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition
d. Adheres to standards and complies with: corporate procedures, government laws on Fair Housing, and all inspections of the facility
e. Generates traffic of prospective customers by utilizing advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
f. Assists with the design of advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
g. Conducts all functions necessary to close the sale, including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms, and any follow-up necessary
h. Regularly completes market surveys, including university and local marketing conditions
I. Conducts all functions necessary to maximize revenue during the summer, including leasing all space, coordinating with other departments, etc.
j. Performs after hours duties as needed (i.e., attend student functions, PR events, etc.)
k. Assists with the development and implementation of ideas to retain residents
l. Places customer needs, requests, and follow-up as a number one priority
a. Assists the Community Manager with the supervision of the leasing staff, including training, development, evaluation, and rewards
b. Maintains daily contact with staff and attends meetings as appropriate
3. Administration of Leasing Operations
a. Gathers and/or compiles information for requested reports
b. Completes all necessary paperwork for move-in, check-out, and other peak periods
c. Processes all paperwork associated with generating a lease in a timely fashion
d. Assists in corporate projects as requested
OTHER ASPECTS OF POSITION
1. May be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by Company. This may include due diligence, property acquisition/disposition, serving on or participating in Company sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.