Local candidates only. We are a Managed Services IT firm with a presence throughout Arizona, providing services to businesses both remotely and onsite. We are looking for a reliable professional to round out our team and be the company face for our Phoenix office. Demonstrated ability, creativity and commitment can lead to growth for the right person. The desired candidate will be able to work at a fast pace and close out tickets with minimum supervision. Job will be approximately 80% remote work and 20% onsite.
SUMMARY: Technology Specialist performs daily routine technical support. This professional consults with the supervisor for task prioritization and effectively applies technical knowledge. This position also specializes in one or more areas, including support center/technology support, networking, telecommunications, help desk, and technology certification. The Technology Specialist assists others in the technology department, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- configure and maintain client backups
- Configure software to connect to application servers.
- Virus and Malware removal
- Network diagnostics including wan, Lan or WiFi issues
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- Printer, Scanner and Fax setup
- Maintain the operation and performance of servers and applications servers
- Maintain windows and application updates
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Computer hardware diagnostics
- Workstation operating systems (XP, Vista, Windows 7)
- Server operating systems (Server 2003, 2008, Small Business Server)
- Email systems (POP3, IMAP, SMTP, Exchange Server)
- Server applications (Exchange, SQL, DNS, DHCP, IIS)
- Advanced understanding Active Directory and Windows Domains
- Domain controller promotion/demotion, domain and forest setup
- Active Directory and Exchange repair
- Router and firewall configuration Cisco, Watch Guard, Sonic Wall
- Configuration of mobile devices
- Backup and Recovery (Active Directory, Exchange, SQL)
- Experience with Hyper-V or VMware
CompTIA A+, Network +, Security +
- Full and constant use of ticketing system with Daily Time entry
- Quick learner, strong work ethic, organized, and self-motivated
- Drive and promote company Vision
- Perform all duties with a positive, professional and friendly attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must treat customers and co-workers with respect
- Potential for growth
- Maintain clean driving record, driver's license, and have reliable transportation
- Required certifications within 180 days of employment