Assist Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

Cultural Experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Day to day, we can experience customer making payments, upgrading devices, purchasing accessories for their device. The hardest part of the job is knowing that we provide low-income solutions to communication devices, and the demographic in the area are low-income households, and knowing some people only have at the mos $5 to spare at the time, but knowing that they take advantage of the program and continue to be irresponsible to a service they claim is entitled to them makes it hard to be humble on a day to day basis. Other days, its great, you have people come in that understand the process. Either way, everyday is different, the one before is never the same as the next.
A job where i help get people connected back with the world.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Doniphan, MONovember 13, 2015
A typical day at work consist of going to a different place and setting up in a nice convenint spot or going door to door. I went to areas of the disabled, elderly, low/ fixed income and gave them a chance to get a free cell phone for 12 months if they had the proper information and were accepted. I had 2 teams of 3 people that would do this 5 days a week different areas every day. I learned that the smallest things mean the most to people. I enjoy working with people I know I can help in some sort of way.
Pros
different areas and people daily
Sales and customer service rep
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be helping customers with their phones and bill payments. Signing up new customers and trying to make my daily goals in phones sales prepaid plans accessories, and referrals.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No job security
Very Stressful work enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMarch 29, 2015
Company does not train you enough to be prepared for the position you hold, company is very unorganized, upper management is a disgrace, and they keep a person employed with the company that takes advantage of others.
Would not recommand this company for employment
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unorganized, does not provide proper training for the job
Productive, fun, competitive and exciting.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2013
I would assure that all the phones we were to distribute to qualified applicants were charged and programmed. Then the phones would be divided between four work sites. Each team would have their applications to file, and any issues that arrived would be documented and provided to me at the end of each shift. I would then implement that information in worksheets to provide to our supervisors. We would make it fun and competitive to see who would give the most free phones.
Pros
hours were usually done by 6pm.
Cons
i had too much placed on my plate when my sister the supervisor had a nervous break-down.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2014
My typical day is all right employees come in with a good attitude, I learned how to run the store by myself, after one of my co-workers got fired I had to do a lot more things, things that my manager had to do. I had good co-workers well they were basically good friends but not good at their job. The hardest part was when we ran out of phones to either give out or sale, my enjoyable part was when the customers say you did a good job and prefer people to you.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no good pay.
Former Associate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Drumright, OKApril 21, 2015
Poor managing over the OGA they need to work out all the kinks and set a schedule and stick to it. I was throw into the field like I knew exactly what I was supposed to do talk to corporate about it and the manager over us was supposed to come help train me and I never seen her. I am in schooling they said they would work with me at first then decided against it so i put in my two weeks and they released me.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
They don't work with you if you are in school
Assist Wireless - Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midwest CityJuly 28, 2015
It is a good place to work. The most enjoyable thing was being able to help customers in need. I learned how to be more patient working here.
Gret co-workers, great managers
Feild Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 28, 2014
It was always a great day for me when I came in for work. I was always happy to be there. I learned that no matter how hard it was to meet a weekly goal to keep pushing and trying. I loved my managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what to say to the customers about our phone plan and the best part was seeing the smiles on their faces when they received their cell phone.
Pros
traveling
Cons
healthcare
Great Place To Work
Tent Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2012
Assist Wireless is a wonderful place to work! It was a great bigdeal fo me because I was a new single mother of two and didn't know how I was going to make it on 300 dollars every two weeks if I was lucky flipping burgers That got old quick then assist wireless came along and not only is it a great place to work it's a fun place to work!
Pros
great pay and great hours
Cons
get sunburn while working!
assist wireless
contractor (Current Employee) –  tulsa, oklahomaMarch 1, 2013
the job is outside sales, there is a lot of personal value helping the needy in the community, and essentially I was an independent contractor and made my own hours and days
the hardest part of the job is market saturation, as there are a lot of companies competing. There are difficulties about being paid for the contracts I completed and submitted.
Pros
make my own hours
Cons
the weather