Assisted Healthcare

Assisted Healthcare Employee Reviews

A great an enjoyable place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta.September 20, 2016
At Assistant Healthcare the clients are number one. Your hours are scheduled around the clients time of need. The staff are there for the employees no matter the time of day or night. This is an ideal company that you can be proud to be an employee. At this company you are not just another face you are apart of a family.
Great Work Environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 29, 2016
I have worked here for over 3 years and have great admiration for all the staff and how much they do. I have been helped when I needed it on more then one occasion by individuals you did not need to but wanted to. I hope everyone can have the experience that I had cause there are allot of people here who do really care for their employees.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Helpful People
Negative environment, poor leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 30, 2016
For the most part this was not a good experience to work for Assisted. The management was rude and acted like you were just cattle going to be grazed. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
pay fair
Cons
rude, poor leadership
Great team and awesome supervisor
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 13, 2016
I've worked at Assisted for a few years now. The work is steady. The pay is good. Enjoy going to patients's homes. This company does NOT hire nurses right out of nursing school. They expect at least 1 year of experience. All the nurses are competent and work as a team. The admin from receptionist to supervisor are all helpful and work together. I love that if I need help while at a patient's house, I can call the office and either my supervisor or an intake coordinator could walk me through the process. They would even make calls to the doctors office for new orders. Pay is good. Unless you are full time, there are no benefits. Otherwise, I Love this place!
Easy
In Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 3, 2016
First Nurse job after school at uei, great staff. Easy job.night time job and its wasnt hard at all.
Enjoyed being able to help she was nice would do it again
great team
Receptionist/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed my job. I think the supervisor of my department was awful. I was constantly covering up for her.
All the other people in the office were very helpful and always listened to me vent.
Wonderful Company
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 29, 2013
Picked up what admissions the nurses dropped off. Went through the patient files for correctness. Formed a 485 and coded ICD-9 codes to the chart. Reviewed OASIS for accuracy. Conversed with clinicians if changes needed to be made. Finished 485 and printed to send to physcian for signature. Answered phones and helped with file room when needed.Ran reports and audited charts.
Pros
Easy to converse with everyone, you were part of the team.
Cons
None-Hated to leave but moved back to Texas
Assisted Healthcare Services
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2014
Fluctuating case load, documentation in the evenings and on weekends. Unable to meet company productivity requirements due to low patient caseload. Management has currently changed. Great co-workers with good communication and team spirit.
Hardest part of job-not being paid for documentation time.
Most enjoyable- providing patient care in the home and fulling needs of patient to progress and improve.
Stable but no room for advancement
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 14, 2013
this company is an ok company to work for.
most of the staff that works out of the office are pretty rude unfortunately. I love my patient but if she goes to the hospital it is hard to find another case to make up for the missed hours
we don't get vacation or sick time. We also do not get paid very much. The best part of the job is the patients and their family (if you're lucky) the hardest part is that its very repetitive with no expansion on skills used, so skills learned in school feel wasted.
Not a good place, too mom and pop-can't get their promises and payroll straight.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 17, 2015
The company talks a good game and the nurses are good. However, I did notice that they do hire nurses FRESH out of nursing school, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE! I met a nurse personally who was new and out of school, with no previous experience. She was hired for hospice, then they moved her to home health without notice. The company is run like a 'mom and pop" shop. They tell you they don't mess with pay, but they do.

This company also does not like when people have brains and utilize them. The company does not focus on the best interests of the patients, they care ONLY about the numbers, no matter what they say. They speak a good line, but then don't uphold what they say. The leadership is weak, full of gossip and unprofessional behaviors.

There is a lot of micro management here and an uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
helping families
Cons
weak leadership, enivornment of fear, unprofessionalism and micro management. they don't pay employees what they say.
great for occasional work
LVN. homecare (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 24, 2012
poor provider of scheduled work. Lack of communication and organization of client list can i please be excused from writing a upsetting review because I m not Happy today i have not Quit this position so some sort of review is needed will continue to be the best nurse I can be.
Pros
easy work organized self motivating
Cons
stopped client load
they hire anybody
Nurse/ care giver (Current Employee) –  Thousand OaksJuly 15, 2014
this company doesn't care about patients or employers, no benefits, no raises either, you can talk to the nursing supervisor about any problems and all she will say to you, you won't hurt my feelings if you find something else. on other words don't care if you leave.
Pros
no commitment from either party
Cons
no room for growth, no job security
Flexible work schedule
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 10, 2013
-Laid back
-Hardest part is when a patient dies on my shift
-Co-workers are ok; staffing coordinators are very approachable
-Enjoys meeting different people every week
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Below average pay
full time
LVN (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 8, 2014
8 hour shifts full time. management good, co workers good, hardest part of the job is putting in for days off and staffer forgets. the most enjoyable part of the job is my patients.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no change in pay from the start, no vacation time
Good staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 19, 2015
The staff was helpful and was really responsible with the paper work. Always in a happy mood and helpful to the patients.
Homehealth- private duty
LVN (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 15, 2014
Private Duty LVN.
total patient care. Depending of specific patient either Vent care and maintenance. Also G tube feeding.
It is an average HOME HEALTH job from what I gather from other nurses- I am an LVN. The pay is not the best, but not the worst either...
LVN Nurse-shift coverage (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I love the hands on, one patient to nurse ratio. I started this job after working for a SNF....so I was relieved at the LACK of stress on the job. IT CAN BE A LOT of work, don't get me wrong, but manageable, time wise. It is true- if you really like giving one on one nursing care -this is a great opportunity for you to make a difference in the patient and for their family if you want to. Once you pick up a case (mine is Mon-Fri, 2-10p), you pretty much are the main nurse for that pt. Most are evenings and weekends, as the main population is peds and they go to school during the week. The work is steady in that sense. However, if the pt does go into the hospital, you are then relying on staff to give you another shift temporarily...sometimes this happens. I have not minded the occasional day or two off - so for me this was not a problem. Actually many times I have worked 50 plus hours to cover other shifts on cases where the main nurse was not available. The down side is lack of communication from staffers to the nurses and the pts parents. If you ask for a day off it is very likely that the pt's family will suffer...many work while you are home with their child. The pay is between $16.50-$19.00 here in CA. You will work mainly with G-tubes, Trachs, cerebral palsy, COPD, many Quads, total ADL's if not partial. Training is not always given-though is it promised. I have found that as long as I keep the case I am on, show up do my work, don't ask for much time off, am satisfied with the pay and repetitive skill set, give the care I love to give and be a good nurse-all  more... is good. Not a lot of variety in "nursing skills." You can be proficient easily in this type of work but you will not be using a lot that you learned in school. The majority of pt's are stable, you job is maintaining stability, they go to the Dr. or ER for the rest.  less
Pros
Great opportunity for new grad, you can do your job without a lot of stress or pressure.
Cons
Pay could be better, training could be better, communication from staffers could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assisted Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8