Assisted Healthcare Employee Reviews

Work Place
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 21, 2017
A typical work day is slow paced. I learned how to work with g-tube and trach dependent patients. Management was fair but was very strict about OT. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients ; the smile on their faces always make my day.
Pros
Manage your own schedule
Cons
No overtime
Secure and safe place to be part of
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 26, 2017
I have been blessed to be part of Assisted family
It has been a excellent support income all these years
The responsibility are unlimited, coordination, organization and open mind is a must have
The key is to like Your position and to know that you are helping someone else to take food to their table;
The satisfaction and the will to go to work everyday is priceless.
Pros
Birthday celebration, holidays celebration
Great as a 2nd job
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 21, 2017
Flexible hours and you can work as much as you can. Great as a part time job. Gave me an opportunity to expand my nursing education to have hands on training.
Pros
Holiday pay/ flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare benefits too expensive
What a joke
Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 25, 2017
The management in this company is absolutely hideous! They only care about money when they should be caring about their employees more. The employees are the ones that work to generate that money. Management has their heads so far up there but they don't even know if it's day or night. You are a nobody unless you are in a click. Management will harass you and there is no recourse. HR Will stab you in the back faster than you can blink your eyes if your voice a complaint. Overpriced insurance available for full-time only. Don't expect to put your family on the insurance however. To put your family on you might as well take out a second mortgage! It was cheaper to get everyone their own plans!
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Awful management, uncaring HR Dept and money hungry leadership.
workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 14, 2017
I just working four hours everyone is nice. There not a lot of work right now. I worked with a ALS patient, the hardest part of the job for me is leaving my patient an not taking care of them I get close to much from them.
Easy going
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 8, 2017
Get to work with different types of patients and age group. You work on your own and the work with the family if you have any question when is comes to the patient.
Best Job Ever!
PCA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2017
I absolutely love my job at assisted in home health the staff is super friendly and amazing to work side by side with. Mrs. Burke is quiet the profession supervisor. Overall 10 stars!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
TB shots :(
Rescare (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVFebruary 16, 2017
I was taking care of mentally challenge people. It was good to be able to help them with whatever they needed help with. It was very challenging to work with some of them. You always had to be on your toes and make sure they felt comfortable with whatever they were doing.
Work experience
LPN (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Ive learned some things about the home health setting that i didn't know before.Working at Assisted is what you make of it...(like any other job)...I like that there is minimum supervision for those who like to work by themselves. I wished there were company meetings for areas of concerns like rude patients or family members.
Great start
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 1, 2016
I stayed because i loved Nursing. I was burned out because of lack of new hires. nothing really more to say. wish it was more support
Pros
fulltime
Cons
nursing support
A great an enjoyable place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta.September 20, 2016
At Assistant Healthcare the clients are number one. Your hours are scheduled around the clients time of need. The staff are there for the employees no matter the time of day or night. This is an ideal company that you can be proud to be an employee. At this company you are not just another face you are apart of a family.
Great Work Environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 29, 2016
I have worked here for over 3 years and have great admiration for all the staff and how much they do. I have been helped when I needed it on more then one occasion by individuals you did not need to but wanted to. I hope everyone can have the experience that I had cause there are allot of people here who do really care for their employees.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Helpful People
Negative environment, poor leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 30, 2016
For the most part this was not a good experience to work for Assisted. The management was rude and acted like you were just cattle going to be grazed. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
pay fair
Cons
rude, poor leadership
Great team and awesome supervisor
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 13, 2016
I've worked at Assisted for a few years now. The work is steady. The pay is good. Enjoy going to patients's homes. This company does NOT hire nurses right out of nursing school. They expect at least 1 year of experience. All the nurses are competent and work as a team. The admin from receptionist to supervisor are all helpful and work together. I love that if I need help while at a patient's house, I can call the office and either my supervisor or an intake coordinator could walk me through the process. They would even make calls to the doctors office for new orders. Pay is good. Unless you are full time, there are no benefits. Otherwise, I Love this place!
Easy
In Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 3, 2016
First Nurse job after school at uei, great staff. Easy job.night time job and its wasnt hard at all.
Enjoyed being able to help she was nice would do it again
It is an average HOME HEALTH job from what I gather from other nurses- I am an LVN. The pay is not the best, but not the worst either...
LVN Nurse-shift coverage (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I love the hands on, one patient to nurse ratio. I started this job after working for a SNF....so I was relieved at the LACK of stress on the job. IT CAN BE A LOT of work, don't get me wrong, but manageable, time wise. It is true- if you really like giving one on one nursing care -this is a great opportunity for you to make a difference in the patient and for their family if you want to. Once you pick up a case (mine is Mon-Fri, 2-10p), you pretty much are the main nurse for that pt. Most are evenings and weekends, as the main population is peds and they go to school during the week. The work is steady in that sense. However, if the pt does go into the hospital, you are then relying on staff to give you another shift temporarily...sometimes this happens. I have not minded the occasional day or two off - so for me this was not a problem. Actually many times I have worked 50 plus hours to cover other shifts on cases where the main nurse was not available. The down side is lack of communication from staffers to the nurses and the pts parents. If you ask for a day off it is very likely that the pt's family will suffer...many work while you are home with their child. The pay is between $16.50-$19.00 here in CA. You will work mainly with G-tubes, Trachs, cerebral palsy, COPD, many Quads, total ADL's if not partial. Training is not always given-though is it promised. I have found that as long as I keep the case I am on, show up do my work, don't ask for much time off, am satisfied with the pay and repetitive skill set, give the care I love to give and be a good nurse-all  more... is good. Not a lot of variety in "nursing skills." You can be proficient easily in this type of work but you will not be using a lot that you learned in school. The majority of pt's are stable, you job is maintaining stability, they go to the Dr. or ER for the rest.  less
Pros
Great opportunity for new grad, you can do your job without a lot of stress or pressure.
Cons
Pay could be better, training could be better, communication from staffers could be better
great team
Receptionist/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed my job. I think the supervisor of my department was awful. I was constantly covering up for her.
All the other people in the office were very helpful and always listened to me vent.
Not a good place, too mom and pop-can't get their promises and payroll straight.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 17, 2015
The company talks a good game and the nurses are good. However, I did notice that they do hire nurses FRESH out of nursing school, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE! I met a nurse personally who was new and out of school, with no previous experience. She was hired for hospice, then they moved her to home health without notice. The company is run like a 'mom and pop" shop. They tell you they don't mess with pay, but they do.

This company also does not like when people have brains and utilize them. The company does not focus on the best interests of the patients, they care ONLY about the numbers, no matter what they say. They speak a good line, but then don't uphold what they say. The leadership is weak, full of gossip and unprofessional behaviors.

There is a lot of micro management here and an uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
helping families
Cons
weak leadership, enivornment of fear, unprofessionalism and micro management. they don't pay employees what they say.
Good staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 19, 2015
The staff was helpful and was really responsible with the paper work. Always in a happy mood and helpful to the patients.
Homehealth- private duty
LVN (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 15, 2014
Private Duty LVN.
total patient care. Depending of specific patient either Vent care and maintenance. Also G tube feeding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assisted Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.