Assisted Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great team and awesome supervisor
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 13, 2016
I've worked at Assisted for a few years now. The work is steady. The pay is good. Enjoy going to patients's homes. This company does NOT hire nurses right out of nursing school. They expect at least 1 year of experience. All the nurses are competent and work as a team. The admin from receptionist to supervisor are all helpful and work together. I love that if I need help while at a patient's house, I can call the office and either my supervisor or an intake coordinator could walk me through the process. They would even make calls to the doctors office for new orders. Pay is good. Unless you are full time, there are no benefits. Otherwise, I Love this place!
Great Work Environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 29, 2016
I have worked here for over 3 years and have great admiration for all the staff and how much they do. I have been helped when I needed it on more then one occasion by individuals you did not need to but wanted to. I hope everyone can have the experience that I had cause there are allot of people here who do really care for their employees.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Helpful People
A great an enjoyable place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta.September 20, 2016
At Assistant Healthcare the clients are number one. Your hours are scheduled around the clients time of need. The staff are there for the employees no matter the time of day or night. This is an ideal company that you can be proud to be an employee. At this company you are not just another face you are apart of a family.
Negative environment, poor leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 30, 2016
For the most part this was not a good experience to work for Assisted. The management was rude and acted like you were just cattle going to be grazed. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
pay fair
Cons
rude, poor leadership
Not a good place, too mom and pop-can't get their promises and payroll straight.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 17, 2015
The company talks a good game and the nurses are good. However, I did notice that they do hire nurses FRESH out of nursing school, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE! I met a nurse personally who was new and out of school, with no previous experience. She was hired for hospice, then they moved her to home health without notice. The company is run like a 'mom and pop" shop. They tell you they don't mess with pay, but they do.

This company also does not like when people have brains and utilize them. The company does not focus on the best interests of the patients, they care ONLY about the numbers, no matter what they say. They speak a good line, but then don't uphold what they say. The leadership is weak, full of gossip and unprofessional behaviors.

There is a lot of micro management here and an uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
helping families
Cons
weak leadership, enivornment of fear, unprofessionalism and micro management. they don't pay employees what they say.
Easy
In Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 3, 2016
First Nurse job after school at uei, great staff. Easy job.night time job and its wasnt hard at all.
Enjoyed being able to help she was nice would do it again
they hire anybody
Nurse/ care giver (Current Employee) –  Thousand OaksJuly 15, 2014
this company doesn't care about patients or employers, no benefits, no raises either, you can talk to the nursing supervisor about any problems and all she will say to you, you won't hurt my feelings if you find something else. on other words don't care if you leave.
Pros
no commitment from either party
Cons
no room for growth, no job security
great team
Receptionist/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed my job. I think the supervisor of my department was awful. I was constantly covering up for her.
All the other people in the office were very helpful and always listened to me vent.
Assisted Healthcare Services
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2014
Fluctuating case load, documentation in the evenings and on weekends. Unable to meet company productivity requirements due to low patient caseload. Management has currently changed. Great co-workers with good communication and team spirit.
Hardest part of job-not being paid for documentation time.
Most enjoyable- providing patient care in the home and fulling needs of patient to progress and improve.
full time
LVN (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 8, 2014
8 hour shifts full time. management good, co workers good, hardest part of the job is putting in for days off and staffer forgets. the most enjoyable part of the job is my patients.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no change in pay from the start, no vacation time
Stable but no room for advancement
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 14, 2013
this company is an ok company to work for.
most of the staff that works out of the office are pretty rude unfortunately. I love my patient but if she goes to the hospital it is hard to find another case to make up for the missed hours
we don't get vacation or sick time. We also do not get paid very much. The best part of the job is the patients and their family (if you're lucky) the hardest part is that its very repetitive with no expansion on skills used, so skills learned in school feel wasted.
Wonderful Company
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 29, 2013
Picked up what admissions the nurses dropped off. Went through the patient files for correctness. Formed a 485 and coded ICD-9 codes to the chart. Reviewed OASIS for accuracy. Conversed with clinicians if changes needed to be made. Finished 485 and printed to send to physcian for signature. Answered phones and helped with file room when needed.Ran reports and audited charts.
Pros
easy to converse with everyone, you were part of the team.
Cons
none-hated to leave but moved back to texas
great for occasional work
LVN. homecare (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 24, 2012
poor provider of scheduled work. Lack of communication and organization of client list can i please be excused from writing a upsetting review because I m not Happy today i have not Quit this position so some sort of review is needed will continue to be the best nurse I can be.
Pros
easy work organized self motivating
Cons
stopped client load
Good staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 19, 2015
The staff was helpful and was really responsible with the paper work. Always in a happy mood and helpful to the patients.
Flexible work schedule
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 10, 2013
-Laid back
-Hardest part is when a patient dies on my shift
-Co-workers are ok; staffing coordinators are very approachable
-Enjoys meeting different people every week
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
below average pay
Homehealth- private duty
LVN (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 15, 2014
Private Duty LVN.
total patient care. Depending of specific patient either Vent care and maintenance. Also G tube feeding.

2.9