Associated Bank

Associated Bank Employer Reviews

Nice downtown location
Teller (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: traveling for training
I liked being busy all the time. The more customers we had each day it keep us up on attention to detail. If a mistake was done, we found it and recovered it. I loved working for this company because it felt like I was a apart of a family.
Very good place to work
Teller (Current Employee), Minocqua, WI & Oshkosh, WINovember 19, 2014
I have worked for Associated Bank for 5 1/2 years and am currently still there. They are pretty flexible with your schedule and have plently of vacation and sick time you can use.
Provide business line with HR support.
Human Resources Business Partneer (Current Employee), Green Bay, WINovember 7, 2014
Support included day to day consults on employee issues, hiring, on- boarding as well as salary administration. Equally important were projects to enhance the productivity of the business line. Leadership development, training programs as well as process improvement projected were an on-going effort to meet strategic objectives.
An honest review of the bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay and vacation time
Cons: rotating door of management, slim chance of advancement
This is a real tale of two different stories. My first year at Associated was excellent. I loved going to work, I enjoyed my co - workers, I enjoyed my customers. It was a very family feel to being at work.Things were going great until a District Manager shift caused a major change in the culture of the bank. All of a sudden people were being let go – more... for silly reasons, morale become low, new hires from the outside were filling positions, which caused a domino affect with employees seeing no advancement and deciding to leave, different people would lie to your face, and the backstabbing began. It was a miserable year with miserable management. The worst part is management would mistreat you until his/her boss was in front of them and then you'd get a new manager for a day. The district manager eventually was let go for having relations with a teller. Too bad it took the 4th offense to get something done. It hurt to see a company that I enjoyed become so terrible. Unfortunately, this wasn't just the case in my district, it was in a few districts in the bank. As usual, new faces are there and might new management might have fixed the problem but beware of that this review says. – less
Team-player environment
Residential Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2014
Reviewed, edit and updated loan information in preparation of final closing document.
Fast pace work place
Mortgage Document Specialist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Fast pace workplace, everything is based on production and accuracy. Very professional quiet atmosphere. Great co-workers.
Aweful
Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 15, 2014
Cons: no structure, no benifits
This was not a good job. They didn't care what you did as long as you could sell the products.
fun
Senior Teller (Former Employee), illinoisOctober 7, 2014
had a great experience working here, working with customers face to face i loved to do helping them in everything they need.
Enjoyable place to work
Data entry (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: health insurance
I looked forward going to work each and everyday, the hours were a little difficult because they were from 4:00am to 12:00pm. I enjoyed working with all of the team members and overall really enjoyed my job.
Review
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with my team. I gained a lot of experience. We made it fun and exciting, the competition was friendly. Great coaches but very little offered in regards to rewards after they changed my position: increased sales goals and offered .20 cent raise
Productive, fun, fast-paced, and felt important
Teller (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: company lunches and perks are often
Cons: don't always get your breaks due to how busy it is
I really enjoyed my time at this bank. The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. This bank is located in the town's biggest mall parking lot and is also the closest official NFL Packer bank to Lambeau Stadium. We dealt with most of the stores from the mall and most of the Packer players, so, it was very very important to be accurate and professional. – more... Safety is always a big issue when working at a bank and this bank took it very seriously. Excellent and efficient training was given to all staff on how to remain safe and deal with stressful or dangerous situations. Everyone really functioned like clock work and it made the job a lot easier on the whole team. – less
Great Management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 27, 2014
Cons: bad insurance
Management was always wonderful in dealing with anything that came our way, but the customers took a lot of getting used to. The ability for advancement took little bit longer than projected.
Provide excellent onboarding and new colleague training
Senior Sales & Support Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2014
I was new to banking and Associated Bank has been very helpful in providing training to new colleagues.
Job Interview Fizzle
Prospective emplyee (Former Employee), Brookfield, WISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: hr was very nice; manager seemed very nice.
Cons: not returning phone calls is rude.
I recently interviewed for a part-time teller position with Associated. I have over 16 years in banking and lending, and have worked in all aspects of the industry except for real estate lending. Therefore, as a teller, I am more than qualified for the position.

My initial phone interview with HR went very well. She said that I would hear from the – more... hiring branch manager within a couple of days. Two weeks passed before I finally received a call for a face-to-face interview. That interview also went very well.

The manager explained that they had one more interview to conduct that Friday and that I would hear something by Tues. or Wed. of the following week either way. By the following Friday I hadn't heard anything. I assumed they had hired someone else.

Two weeks later, on a Friday, I received a call from the manager explaining that the hiring process had been delayed and that he would like to speak to me regarding some questions that he had. I was not able to return his call that day. However, first thing Monday morning I called and left a message. No one returned my call. I called again later that afternoon, and the person I spoke with told me that he was in a meeting all day. I left another message. Once again I never received a call back.

I, unlike most people, am not desperate for a job.

I feel that it is extremely unprofessional to not return someone's phone call, regardless of whether you've decided to hire someone else. I was returning his call after all.

I don't know if this is how the company works in general, or if it was a management issue. What I do know is that I question whether I would want to work for a company who talks about providing good customer service, but doesn't return prospective employees phone calls. I think this is just another reason why I got out of the banking industry to begin with. – less
very new bank in the area
Teller (Current Employee), Carpentersville, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: have a very good management relationship
Cons: won't give you more hours
Love seeing people all the time, cash handling, ordering of cash & shipping it out, maintaining high customer service, meeting up sales goal each month, back up person for the operations of the bank. Have a very good relationship with Management.
Did not really enjoy job
Proof Supervisor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 30, 2014
The company was fine at first to work at. I started my department up myself because the management was from Green Bay. Soon became very hard to run without any backup or HR to help with issues.
Good co-workers and managment
Default Counselor I (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIAugust 21, 2014
Typical day was busy making calls and collecting on accounts
I learned to use many systems at one time
Management was very down to earth and easy to get along with
Co-workers were some of the best
Hardest part of the job was leaving so many messages
Most enjoyable part of the job was the company and co-workers
I loved working here and was a fun workplace.
Part Time Teller (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 18, 2014
I loved helping customers and working as a team. Management was good but we needed more employees and were always short staffed,
My overall experience at Associated Bank is very commendable
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible paid time off time or work schedule based on the situation
Cons: loan officers being able to step on loan coordinators
A typical day at work was working off of a report, I would review new loan files to ensure the quality for underwriting submission. I would follow up on emails and phone call. I would also reviewed loan files that have been reviewed by underwriting be it an approval or a denial. I would also prep files for the closing department which included verifying – more... insurance, requesting and or reviewing title documents and final closing conditions.
Associated taught me how a good company takes pride and values their customers as well as their employees. My co-workers were like family. We were a team. The hardest part of this job was dealing with some lenders who did not submit complete loan files and who didn't work with me as the processor to resolve issues or conditions instead of going over my head. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation and rewards from management for my hard work and efforts. – less
Typical Workplace
Employee (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 11, 2014
Company run like most others. Lots of disconnect between executive management and staff

1 2 3 4 5

About Associated Bank

A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks – Read more

Associated Bank Photos