Associated Bank

Associated Bank Employer Reviews

very new bank in the area
Teller (Current Employee), Carpentersville, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: have a very good management relationship
Cons: won't give you more hours
Love seeing people all the time, cash handling, ordering of cash & shipping it out, maintaining high customer service, meeting up sales goal each month, back up person for the operations of the bank. Have a very good relationship with Management.
Did not really enjoy job
Proof Supervisor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 30, 2014
The company was fine at first to work at. I started my department up myself because the management was from Green Bay. Soon became very hard to run without any backup or HR to help with issues.
Good co-workers and managment
Default Counselor I (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIAugust 21, 2014
Typical day was busy making calls and collecting on accounts
I learned to use many systems at one time
Management was very down to earth and easy to get along with
Co-workers were some of the best
Hardest part of the job was leaving so many messages
Most enjoyable part of the job was the company and co-workers
I loved working here and was a fun workplace.
Part Time Teller (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 18, 2014
I loved helping customers and working as a team. Management was good but we needed more employees and were always short staffed,
My overall experience at Associated Bank is very commendable
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible paid time off time or work schedule based on the situation
Cons: loan officers being able to step on loan coordinators
A typical day at work was working off of a report, I would review new loan files to ensure the quality for underwriting submission. I would follow up on emails and phone call. I would also reviewed loan files that have been reviewed by underwriting be it an approval or a denial. I would also prep files for the closing department which included verifying – more... insurance, requesting and or reviewing title documents and final closing conditions.
Associated taught me how a good company takes pride and values their customers as well as their employees. My co-workers were like family. We were a team. The hardest part of this job was dealing with some lenders who did not submit complete loan files and who didn't work with me as the processor to resolve issues or conditions instead of going over my head. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation and rewards from management for my hard work and efforts. – less
Typical Workplace
Employee (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 11, 2014
Company run like most others. Lots of disconnect between executive management and staff
Senior Teller (Current Employee)
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Portage, WIAugust 7, 2014
Pros: incentives for meeting and exceeding sales goals
Cons: constant pressure to meet sales goals
I have worked at a few locations for several managers, and the styles can be vastly different. Very customer focused, and very focused on getting the customers' full banking business. High emphasis on referrals to bankers for more products, and very focused on our customer survey scores.
A decent place to work
Operations Technician IV (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 27, 2014
Pros: caterer on grounds for daily lunch
Cons: advancement can be difficult to obtain
Associated Bank has many great aspects as an employer. They are a strong and positive influence in the community and they strive to be the #1 bank in the area.
It was a productive workplace
Universal Banker- Full Time (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILJuly 3, 2014
Pros: sales and customers
Cons: unfriendly coworkers, difficult envornment
The most enjoyable part of the job was working and interacting with the public. My typical work day was very structured with little guidance and was very productive.
Good Benefits and Pay
Senior Banker/Bank Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 3, 2014
Pros: working hours
Cons: high expectations/sales
The banking enviroment has changed so much over the last 10 years. We are encouraging our customers to use more electronic avenues of banking which increases convenience to them.
Excellent place for growth, and team development
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, IL.June 19, 2014
daily sales goals for the team and self, weekly reviews, daily staff pump up meetings prior to opening. daily and weekly goal check ups with staff monthly sales meeting with other managers. monthly and annually reviews for the team. training recommendations, client retention and building strategies. sales goals set annually, and monthly for each member – more... of the team. – less
I truly enjoy working at Associated Bank!
Universal Banker (Current Employee), Plover, WIJune 17, 2014
Everyone is very kind and helpful! The benefits are great. In a typical day I spent 50% of my time at the teller line and 50% of my time as a banker. I really enjoyed working out in the community the most through the Bank @ Work program that Associated Bank has for its local businesses.
Great place to meet new people
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Muskego, WIJune 16, 2014
I love my job and what I do. I am a very hard worker and do whatever I am asked to do. I love getting to meet new people everyday.
Productive and Fun Team Oriented Environment
Sales & Support Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 28, 2014
Good company that is working on expanding it's presence and name in Minnesota
productive and great enviroment work place
Cash Vault Team Lead (Former Employee), Mendota Heights MN 55120April 30, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, vacations & they pay for lunches when in meetings.
Cons: being laid off
I enjoy going to work in the morning and greeting my co-workers and starting off the day. Through the years I learned new procedures with the technology of day to day work & type them out for the employees.

My co-workers have told me more than once that I lead by example and that makes me feel good to want to come in to work.

The hardest part of my – more... job is that there is another lead besides me in the department and my co-workers come to me upset about issues they have with the other lead instead of going to their supervisor.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I like my responsibilities and my co-workers work hard to get the job done. – less
Not the greatest company to work for
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Green Bay, WisconsinApril 28, 2014
Pros: good training program to run transaction after that you are on your own
Cons: fee driven, all about sales, low wages for what they want you to do
This is a fee driven bank and it is all about sales. They pay really low on the wages
Overall branch operations and tasks
Branch Manager (Former Employee), South Milwaukee WIApril 28, 2014
Pros: managing a team, flexiable scheduling and achieving goals
Cons: the hardest part would be when i have to terminate an employee
Every morning we would have a daily huddle to set the expectation for the day.
Before the end of day we would discuss successes, what worked and what didn't.
We did a lot of role playing to ensure the teller were comfortable talking with customers.
definite positives and negatives of working here
Universal Banker/Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), wiApril 15, 2014
Pros: providing good customer service
Cons: salary low for what is expected of each person
most days are fun but professional, atmosphere changed through the years, only thing that matters now is sales so not a good place to work if you can't sell, management is only interested in the bottom line of sales, if you enjoy working with people and like that feeling of satisfaction knowing you really helped someone it can be a fulfilling job but – more... expect the pressure of having to sell – less
Team oriented
Vault Cash processor (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNApril 10, 2014
Process large volume deposits, process coin orders, vault maintenance
Customer Service Representative / Teller (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 12, 2014
Pros: my manager when bring us food
A typical day at Associated Bank was being a Customer Service Teller, I greeted customers in timely and friendly manner, completed transactions swiftly and accurately, cross sell, and and daily balancing of my drawer.

I learned how to ask a Spanish speaking person if the would like a open an account in Espanol.

1 2 3 4

About Associated Bank

A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks – Read more

Associated Bank Photos