Associated Bank

Associated Bank Employer Reviews

Friendly, fast paced environment
Teller (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation, friendly working environment.
Cons: part time
Receive, count and balance working cash at beginning and end of shift. Identify customers, validate and cash checks. Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slips. Examine checks to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents. Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier's checks, money orders, issuing traveler's checks
and exchanging foreign currency. Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures. Explain, advise on and promote customers on bank.
Excellent pay and benefits
Senior Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: challenging career makes life interesting. good people to work with.
Cons: tight deadlines can sometimes cause stress.
Associated Bank is overall a great place to work. Good benefits and paid time off. Very demanding, fasted-paced culture. I met a lot of very nice people and worked together to accomplish some very good results.
It could have been so much better
Teller (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: so much free time.
Cons: hours, management.
This job was a transitional job. I was moving down to Illinois from my home town and I thought staying with the company but moving down a position would be a good idea. Unfortunately I found that people who have nothing to do all day tend to get very bored of each other quickly. A typical day at work would be coming in, completing the opening procedures, and waiting sometimes for hours for people to come into the bank. Once they were helped, you could be waiting for hours again. I lasted 2 months in this job, the shortest time I've held a position, because of two things. 1: I couldn't get full-time employment, meaning I couldn't rely on my paycheck to cover the higher cost of living in this area. 2: all of my experience with the organization was unappreciated, and the boss treated me like some kid out of high-school when I was respected in my previous position.

I learned that I need to maintain mental stimulation otherwise I get extremely ornery. Also there was teller training which taught the basics of being a teller for a bank.

My boss was pretty much everybody else at the branch. We had a teller manager who was 6 years younger with me, a senior teller who was 30 years older than me, a bank manager who was about 5 years older than me, a personal banker who was my age, and a loan officer. Each and every person there was considered higher than me on the totem pole, and it drove me nuts. Did I mention they all were full time when that was the one thing I needed to survive?

My co-workers were few. The teller manager wasn't a bad guy, he was just bored and interested in different – more... things than I was. The older lady had some really interesting stories from when she followed a band on tour in her younger years. The others did not impress me.

There were no hard parts, this job was a breeze and a half.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to study or do pretty much anything on the internet during my time there so long as it didn't interrupt the few customer interactions we had. I studied engineering as a side project and even started to learn a programming language on my own. This eventually became too much free time and I realized it was just not for me very quickly. – less
Poor morale, management driving IT into the ditch.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: close to downtown - good restaurants
Cons: long hours, many more than 40 per week.
Good people working there - management determined to eliminate jobs.
review
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 22, 2014
Associated Bank is a great Bank and the Ceo's really care about the welfare of their employees and customer.The best part about Associated Bank is feeling that you made a difference in the company and you were awarded for it. What i loved the most is being able to learn so much.
Nice downtown location
Teller (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: traveling for training
I liked being busy all the time. The more customers we had each day it keep us up on attention to detail. If a mistake was done, we found it and recovered it. I loved working for this company because it felt like I was a apart of a family.
Very good place to work
Teller (Current Employee), Minocqua, WI & Oshkosh, WINovember 19, 2014
I have worked for Associated Bank for 5 1/2 years and am currently still there. They are pretty flexible with your schedule and have plently of vacation and sick time you can use.
Provide business line with HR support.
Human Resources Business Partneer (Current Employee), Green Bay, WINovember 7, 2014
Support included day to day consults on employee issues, hiring, on- boarding as well as salary administration. Equally important were projects to enhance the productivity of the business line. Leadership development, training programs as well as process improvement projected were an on-going effort to meet strategic objectives.
An honest review of the bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay and vacation time
Cons: rotating door of management, slim chance of advancement
This is a real tale of two different stories. My first year at Associated was excellent. I loved going to work, I enjoyed my co - workers, I enjoyed my customers. It was a very family feel to being at work.Things were going great until a District Manager shift caused a major change in the culture of the bank. All of a sudden people were being let go for silly reasons, morale become low, new hires from the outside were filling positions, which caused a domino affect with employees seeing no advancement and deciding to leave, different people would lie to your face, and the backstabbing began. It was a miserable year with miserable management. The worst part is management would mistreat you until his/her boss was in front of them and then you'd get a new manager for a day. The district manager eventually was let go for having relations with a teller. Too bad it took the 4th offense to get something done. It hurt to see a company that I enjoyed become so terrible. Unfortunately, this wasn't just the case in my district, it was in a few districts in the bank. As usual, new faces are there and might new management might have fixed the problem but beware of that this review says.
Team-player environment
Residential Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2014
Reviewed, edit and updated loan information in preparation of final closing document.
Fast pace work place
Mortgage Document Specialist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Fast pace workplace, everything is based on production and accuracy. Very professional quiet atmosphere. Great co-workers.
Aweful
Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 15, 2014
Cons: no structure, no benifits
This was not a good job. They didn't care what you did as long as you could sell the products.
fun
Senior Teller (Former Employee), illinoisOctober 7, 2014
had a great experience working here, working with customers face to face i loved to do helping them in everything they need.
Enjoyable place to work
Data entry (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: health insurance
I looked forward going to work each and everyday, the hours were a little difficult because they were from 4:00am to 12:00pm. I enjoyed working with all of the team members and overall really enjoyed my job.
Review
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with my team. I gained a lot of experience. We made it fun and exciting, the competition was friendly. Great coaches but very little offered in regards to rewards after they changed my position: increased sales goals and offered .20 cent raise
Productive, fun, fast-paced, and felt important
Teller (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: company lunches and perks are often
Cons: don't always get your breaks due to how busy it is
I really enjoyed my time at this bank. The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. This bank is located in the town's biggest mall parking lot and is also the closest official NFL Packer bank to Lambeau Stadium. We dealt with most of the stores from the mall and most of the Packer players, so, it was very very important to be accurate and professional. Safety is always a big issue when working at a bank and this bank took it very seriously. Excellent and efficient training was given to all staff on how to remain safe and deal with stressful or dangerous situations. Everyone really functioned like clock work and it made the job a lot easier on the whole team.
Great Management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 27, 2014
Cons: bad insurance
Management was always wonderful in dealing with anything that came our way, but the customers took a lot of getting used to. The ability for advancement took little bit longer than projected.
Provide excellent onboarding and new colleague training
Senior Sales & Support Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2014
I was new to banking and Associated Bank has been very helpful in providing training to new colleagues.
Job Interview Fizzle
Prospective emplyee (Former Employee), Brookfield, WISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: hr was very nice; manager seemed very nice.
Cons: not returning phone calls is rude.
I recently interviewed for a part-time teller position with Associated. I have over 16 years in banking and lending, and have worked in all aspects of the industry except for real estate lending. Therefore, as a teller, I am more than qualified for the position.

My initial phone interview with HR went very well. She said that I would hear from the hiring branch manager within a couple of days. Two weeks passed before I finally received a call for a face-to-face interview. That interview also went very well.

The manager explained that they had one more interview to conduct that Friday and that I would hear something by Tues. or Wed. of the following week either way. By the following Friday I hadn't heard anything. I assumed they had hired someone else.

Two weeks later, on a Friday, I received a call from the manager explaining that the hiring process had been delayed and that he would like to speak to me regarding some questions that he had. I was not able to return his call that day. However, first thing Monday morning I called and left a message. No one returned my call. I called again later that afternoon, and the person I spoke with told me that he was in a meeting all day. I left another message. Once again I never received a call back.

I, unlike most people, am not desperate for a job.

I feel that it is extremely unprofessional to not return someone's phone call, regardless of whether you've decided to hire someone else. I was returning his call after all.

I don't know if this is how the company works in general, or if it was a management issue. What I do know is that I question whether I would want to work for a company who talks about providing good customer service, but doesn't return prospective employees phone calls. I think this is just another reason why I got out of the banking industry to begin with.
very new bank in the area
Teller (Current Employee), Carpentersville, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: have a very good management relationship
Cons: won't give you more hours
Love seeing people all the time, cash handling, ordering of cash & shipping it out, maintaining high customer service, meeting up sales goal each month, back up person for the operations of the bank. Have a very good relationship with Management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Associated Bank

At Associated, we succeed together. We value the diversity of our workforce. Through honest and transparent communication, our – Read more

Associated Bank Photos