Associated Bank Employee Reviews

Excting days, every day
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 25, 2016
With the day in the life of a In-Store location (branch located inside a grocery store) there are a variety of people you will meet on the day to day basis.
My co-workers are friendly, up-beat, and always have friendly competition to keep things interesting.

Being open 7 days a week as a bank and inside with no windows makes it feel like you are in a big cubicle with 5 other people, all the time.
Pros
Benefical Trainings, continous help from everyone
Very hard place to work for
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 16, 2016
Entering data into the computer on a daily basis, send packets to customers on a regular basis, sometimes resending to the same customers numerous times. At times you could trust your co-workers and at other times you weren't sure who you could really talk to.
Management very intimidating at times.
Hardest part of the job whether or not you had a job the next day.
Pros
hour for lunch
Cons
not enough encouragement from management
Friendly People
Teller (Former Employee) –  WIJanuary 13, 2016
This was my first job in the banking world. I learned so much on a daily basis. Training was very vague, it was all crammed into one week so much to learn. In the first two weeks, I came across so many things I got stuck with that I did not learn during my training. There is a lot of relocating in this company which I highly dislike. What I enjoyed most about working here was the chance to be independent most of the time, working by myself at a teller window was very peaceful and non stressful.
Pros
Very quick closing time.
Cons
healthcare very expensive.
Great job
Operation Tech (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 13, 2016
Associated Bank was a great place to work at and I would work there again if given the opportunity to do so. I enjoyed my job.
Great work attmosphere, carreer advancement
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 11, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Associated Bank. Employees are treated fairly and trained properly to ensure customer retention. There is room for growth and career development with managers constantly coaching employees.
Nice place to work, small hometown feel
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIDecember 31, 2015
Great place, always learning, management was great, co-workers were great, hated to leave! Enjoyable place to work! The only downfall was waiting for people to retire to move up in the small marketplace where I worked. Otherwise,,, this was my dream job!
Pros
1 hr lunches, great peers, wonderful customers
Cons
no room for advancement unless someone retired!
Structured and disciplined workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Minocqua, WIDecember 27, 2015
Strong emphasis on customer service and federal law compliance.
Good management and training programs. Most enjoyable part of the position is the customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement in current location
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIDecember 2, 2015
Teller position was great. Consisted of helping customers with transactions, making deposits and withdrawing cash, and offer other products.
Pros
busy
Cons
stanging all day
Plenty of opportunity to grow in your position in a friendly, fast paced environment.
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 17, 2015
Good company to work for. They expected hard work and results. I was rewarded for my commitment, Hard Work, and long hours. The management and co-workers were great to work with. We talked all aspects of the daily meetings with clients, reporting, new clients, existing and how to increase our presence in the Financial Aid World.

The most difficult was the overnight travel to different cities and states, although I did enjoy it somewhat.

The rewards came in the form of a job well done expressed by Clients/customers and Management.

A typical day at work would be traveling to a clients office, discussing any issues they might have and resolving them. Visiting bank branches, managers,tellers, loan personnel throughout the tri-state area and providing up to date information/literature to assist consumers.

Providing presentations at High Schools, Colleges, Branches, Conferences, etc.
Pros
food, mileage, and hotel credit cards/expense reporting
Branch banking
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 12, 2015
I am a strong leader with skills ranging from consumer loans to mortgage and some commercial lending. I am detailed oriented and have strong interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients, and partners within the bank.
management is not instructive or helpfull
Teller (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 8, 2015
fun work place but management was not helpful or appreciated the hard work employees put in, especially tellers. Very clique type of environment. If the manager didn't like you , you were done. Always the undeserving employees got praise and the hard working ones got overlooked.
co-workers were wonderul
Personal Banker/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 9, 2015
-go through loan and account documents
-set up appointments with customers to review their financial status
-assist tellers
-learned a lot about the financial world
-management was not the best
-co-workers were awesome
-hardest part of job was having a manager that didn't manage
-most enjoyable part of the job was co-workers and dealing with customers and Packer players
Pros
Got to meet a lot of Packer players
Cons
management
Good workplace and job security.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 30, 2015
I was let go due to the First Federal and Associated Bank conversion however I was able to get in to Associated without an interview - which was wonderful because the people knew and recognized me. I enjoyed what I did there but I left because advancement was not possible in La Crosse; corporate was in GB/Stevens Pt, and because I was finally able to do something for myself which was go back to school.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Community Bank
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  River Falls, WIAugust 11, 2015
I loved working in my community and being close to my family. My branch manager made it so easy for me to balance work and life.
I was heavily involved in community events and volunteering and it provided so many opportunities.
BUT- I was a number to the big guys. Not every policy fit this branch. Many people didn't think about the middle class below.
We were always short staffed.
Policies changed daily.
So enough the small town bank didn't really matter.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Short staffed always!
Enjoyable Customers
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisAugust 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with our customers. They make it fun by having challenges with other co workers
Short sited staffing choices
SAS Project Manager - Integrated Financial Systems (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 10, 2015
The decision to completely eliminate their FP&A area in my opinion was very short sited and left a lot of very good people scrambling to find new jobs.
TELLER ONE (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 9, 2015
Bonus/ raise / reviews
Continue Education
Seminars
Room to grow and move up quickly
Good incentives
a great way to meet lots of people.
Pros
great benefits
Associated Bank
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 5, 2015
As a Bank Teller, you see a lot of different people throughout the day. I work at a pretty large branch and get to work next to a lot of amazing people. Throughout the day you have to be able to master the art of multitasking, which is my favorite part of the job. I enjoy keeping busy opposed to standing around.
I loved Associated Bank and the opportunities for advancement.
Treasury Management and Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 1, 2015
I worked for Associated Bank for a little over 3 years and had never worked in a bank prior to it. They taught me banking from scratch and allowed for regular advancement.
Pros
lots of promotions
Cons
always in training
Banker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJuly 14, 2015
Position required high degree of self-motivation, organization, time-management and accuracy. Provided effective communication skills and intro-personal skills. Handled various accounting transactions and reconciliation tasks. Provided account status data whenever requires and handled phone inquiries. Informed customers about various bank products. Trained and supervised new hires. Managed all inventory and ordered all supplies for branch. Managed customer inquiries and complaints.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
not healthcare related